Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

In post 33, inutile wrote:
In post 32, Ausuka wrote:
In post 27, inutile wrote:
In post 25, Ausuka wrote:Not sure what you're trying to say here.
though i am now kinda curious what else you could have thought i was trying to say there (also to me i am simply saying it not trying to say but i understand that i am often unclear and am happy to clarify)
I didn't really know. I mean, I think talking about my opener being textbook RVS seems somewhat nonsensical? It's the very start of the game, there aren't many options.

I don't really have a feeling about hoppip. Maybe I will later, idk.

Pedit: I'm trying to ask, like, what are you getting at with what you're saying? Were you just narrating my play?
you made very common opener, which you were aware of and said when asked, i guess i was thinking through the noteworthiness of nuclear gandhi's questioning of it and your response to it

shrug

i guess i don't really understand as it still kinda feels like you're just doing the engagement thing with me but that's more player indicative and not alignment indicative so
This post is another classic scumtell. Inutile shades Ausuka but walks it back and says that it’s something player indicative. Like, why even make that post in the first place if your conclusion is just that it’s NAI.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:00 pm

In post 40, inutile wrote:
In post 38, Ausuka wrote:hmm

VOTE: inutile
can you at least do whatever it is you would do to sort me as it feels like the extent of your scumread if you're town is simply that i do not communicate effectively which is obvious and i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
Inutile tries to frame Ausuka’s scumread as inutile being unable to effectively communicate, which is just false. If I was not catching up, my vote would be on Intuile.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:15 pm

In post 58, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 53, Ausuka wrote:
In post 51, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 49, Ausuka wrote:You seem to have this idea in your head that I'm tunneled
You're the only one who said anything about being tunneled, I just said you were Town. You can't say I've implied you have bad reads either because I'm trusting your read on Ghandi.
I mean, you said I didn't notice your read because I was distracted by fighting with inutile. That seems to imply my read with inutile is distracting me from reading other players somehow. I am suggesting that your scumread is not that obvious and you should talk about it because there's no use in being vague about that information.
I actually think you've got me here and that everything you're saying in 53 is true.

I have three reasons mainly for not outing the scum slot yet:
  • I want them to post more before they become alarmed so that it will be easier to look for their partners on later days.

I want them to participate in my survey start and if I out my scum read on them first they probably won't want to do that.

I want to give other players a chance to find them without me spoiling it.
I can tell you that I'm pretty sure I'm using spatial working memory to identify where to look rather than verbal working memory.
Is your scumread deltawave lol
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:34 pm

In post 67, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote: i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
This has big "how do you do fellow kids" energy

VOTE: Inutile
Ooh, yes.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

inutile is being replaced.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:47 pm

In post 80, inutile wrote:
In post 79, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 77, inutile wrote:but yes i would like to find the mafias i do not really get what you’re saying
yeah that's the point of the game. the problem is that it's sus imo to try too hard to look town
eh do not think i was trying particularly hard there to look town just stating a preference for ausuka to directly sort me now as to not detract from game

but eh the issues you’re having with me here have been fairly common experiences for me throughout so shrug
“I do not think I was trying particularly hard to look town”

This post comes from the perspective of someone who considers deliberately trying to look town a possibility.
Intuile is just scum
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:47 pm

In post 554, Gamma Emerald wrote:
lmao nice timing
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 551, Mapuche Never Die wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote:
In post 38, Ausuka wrote:hmm

can you at least do whatever it is you would do to sort me as it feels like the extent of your scumread if you're town is simply that i do not communicate effectively which is obvious and i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
Inutile tries to frame Ausuka’s scumread as inutile being unable to effectively communicate, which is just false. If I was not catching up, my vote would be on Intuile.
i've been there before.

anyway, UNVOTE: Mapuche Never Die

here are my thoughts as they stand:

Mapuche Never Die - holding off on judgment due to replacement

BlueBloodedToffee - in the scumpool for hopping into furtive's reasoning in the way that he did and then sticking to the guns in what i thought was an obvious post-hoc rationalization.

DeltaWave - never trusted this person, she didn't do the survey

furtiveglance - i'm pretty sure you're town. i see town reasoning behind a lot of your actions.

Frogsterking - frankly, you fell into a blindspot for me and i haven't been thinking about you. I need to examine this slot more.

Greeting - i am bothered by the almost-hammer on juice. there is NO utility for town to end the day as early as that. especially when much of the juicewagon was a combination of pressure/policy elimination.

hutmeil - asuka's reasoning about this slot is persuasive to me

Ausuka - if you're scum you deserve the tony award.

hoppip - i assumed this user was a clueless noob who somehow got into a normal game but they are apparently an alt. so I need to re-read the ISO with that in mind.

Eiralox - in the scumpool for reasons i already stated

inutile - i think you're probably town. not nearly as strong of a read as asuka or furtive but i'll roll with you for a while.

Mohab500 - idk, this might be time for a pressurewagon like with juice.

Nuclear Gandhi - i don't think you're scummy based on what i've seen but i'd really like to see a summary of the game from your perspective rather than the play-by-play. you're too far behind and will NEVER catch up.

in short:

townpool: asuka, furtive (if either is scum i will be legit surprised)
leaning townpool: inutile, gandhi (slight lean, not as much as inutile)
further examination needed: frogsterking, mohab
judgment withheld due to replacement: MND
didn't know he was an alt so i have to re-read: hoppip
leaning scumpool: greeting (i really really did not like the intent to hammer juice - it's just way too early to hammer anybody and it gives me GREAT CONCERN)
scumpool: BBT, eiralox, hutmail

also, i might actually do the survey when i'm less tired. probably tomorrow. i don't see how it will help but ok. my MBTI type is ENTP.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 554, Gamma Emerald wrote:
VOTE: Gamma Emerald

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:19 pm

In post 85, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 80, inutile wrote: eh do not think i was trying particularly hard there to look town just stating a preference for ausuka to directly sort me now as to not detract from game
But you
were trying
to look town? I consider this as admission for guilt.

In post 41, Frogsterking wrote:Inutile and Asuka both townlocked.
Please do elaborate on your Inutile townread. Are you like super familiar playing with them? I couldn't even comprehend what they were trying to say, not to mention trying to read them - best I could come up with was they were flabbergasted from wolf stress. That is, until their "I wasn't trying to look town
that much
" which I think has a chance of being a slip.
We came to the exact same conclusion based on that post which is usually weak +townpoints
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:31 pm

In post 90, inutile wrote:
In post 89, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
eh do not think i was trying particularly hard there to look town
But you were trying to look town? I consider this as admission for guilt.
Does anyone else believe this's a stretch read?
you've already tried to rephrase it as something very different from what i even said so it is so hard for me to see this as anything more than you want to say i am mafia whether that is because you are mafia or because you simply think this is likely (which again kinda hard for me to see) but idrk

like i was directly replying to delta wave saying i was possibly trying too hard to look town which i was not that isn't what was occurring and you are instead saying that i was saying that i was trying to look like a town because i am not a town which doesn't really follow

and well town should try to be townread greeting and i have discussed that at some length in a previous game however i wasn't even thinking about that at all at the time
Town gets townread by solving the game, not by manipulating other players into believing they are town.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:42 pm

In post 92, Mohab500 wrote:
Vote: Inutile
I am just on the wagon, trying to lynch some rando early on good strat
In post 96, Ausuka wrote:
In post 76, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 73, hoppip wrote:
In post 67, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote: i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
This has big "how do you do fellow kids" energy

VOTE: Inutile
What do you think of the rest of its posts?
frankly most of it confuses me and it seems like lots of weird rationalizations. unless this user is normally on edge all the time, it looks bad
I mean, inutile seems to have a pretty blatant anxious sort of personality. and like, I don't think anyone would be confusing on purpose? So I'm unclear why you're scumreading them for this here
Ausuka’s reevaluation of Intuile is towny - the Intuile wagon was picking up speed and I don’t see why scum!Ausuka, the main driver of the wagon, would stop it
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

MND, are you an alt. I assume so.

you're making some really good points btw

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 504, Juice wrote:Asuka, BBT and Delta Wave I think seem the most town
now watch this be the scum team.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Nero Cain replaces inutile.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

gonna vote with my gut for now and see how I feel once I read the rest of the game.

VOTE: Ausuka
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8, Ausuka wrote:This is a pretty standard game opener for this site
At first, I thought this was pretty scummy it's like
oh this is standard, nothing to see here!
but rereading it it's maybe not really scummy but then I felt like she comes off a bit conscious with the lite OMGUS is .

I know I'm tunneling a bit but the Frog/Ausuka back and forth on p.3 felt like theatre and his deceleration that Ausuka/inutile are both town made me worry that he knew I was town and Ausuka/inutile both being town was a false dilemma.
In post 87, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:Shading can only be done by wolves?
I mentioned this in another game and you are correct but ppl nowadays throw out the shade word for anyone that disagrees/criticizes them.
In post 99, Frogsterking wrote:I believe Inutile is Town because of their fight with Asuka. Scum are rarely going to square off like that at the beginning of the game.
The last time I played with someone that used this as justification for reading a slot they were scum. Not to mention that it's just poor reasoning.
In post 130, Frogsterking wrote:Once I saw Eir and Greeting both voted Ghandi
silly take

I would like to see frogs case on Gandhi.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 193, Frogsterking wrote:I believe Gandhi is manipulative because they're charismatic.
I am super unimpressed.

hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 531, Frogsterking wrote:It seems as though I completely misjudged the type of player
furtiveglance
is. I overlooked that furtiveglance is creative because of their style of presentation. Also it appears as though I misjudged their low neuroticism as high conscientiousness which makes sense.

...anyway, I'm seeing some things from
hutmeil
which make me suspicious. pings me hard as being too accommodating. This is something which I've experienced twice before in much larger games coming from scum slots who get eliminated early.
What's wrong with being accomodating? Ausuka susses me, which she is wrong btw, so I want help her see that I'm town considering I'm TRing the slot(for now).
In post 531, Frogsterking wrote: is starting to get repetitive. I think the reason it's repetitive is because hutmeil is keen to answer this question wherever it pops up because they have an answer for it.
What? Someone asked me a question and I answered it. Given it's Gandhi who's trying to catch up, I'm trying to be polite and answer him and give him a link to a previous post.
In post 531, Frogsterking wrote: is a little lamist and could be an excuse to get off the Juice wagon.

VOTE: hutmeil

My opinion is that hutmeil is scum who is leaning into aspects of their town game quite effectively and not making a lot of obvious mistakes. I think they failed to anticipate the shift in attitude surrounding the Juice slot and got caught in an awkward position. I feel like this is a big lead for Town and I could use help with critical thinking to make sure I'm not getting confbiased.
OR it was the right thing to do. Juice got replaced so the slot deserved a second chance.

In post 532, Ausuka wrote:
In post 526, hutmeil wrote:
In post 518, Ausuka wrote:I checked his meta and while he isn't the most active player - there is *definitely* something missing here.

VOTE: hutmeil
I get the vote on me sure. Anything I can answer for you to help ease your mind?
I want to acknowledge that I saw this but I think telling you what would ease my mind so you can do those things probably isn't a good idea.
Okay I get that too. I've no problem with that.
In post 534, Frogsterking wrote:I have a total batshit theory now where the UK/Eastern players are Town and the scum are all hiding in the slots playing in US/Western timezones.
Given that logic I'm town then.
In post 536, Ausuka wrote:
In post 531, Frogsterking wrote:My opinion is that hutmeil is scum who is leaning into aspects of their town game quite effectively and not making a lot of obvious mistakes.
tbh hutmeil feels frozen and if he's town then he's kind of an easy target - I would be surprised that mafia didn't target him in that case
^This. After you've put pressure on me, Frog followed suit with unconvincing reasons just to put a vote on me. Trying to test the water perhaps if anyone else will follow suit?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok so, at this point I'm conflicted about how I feel. I didn't find Gandhi scummy and thought that Frogs reasoning was silly but is a little odd. He
WAS
here for the first 4 pages so I'm not sure why he's commenting on it. You could maybe make the argument that he's newb scum that tried to lurk off the pressure on him and then come back and voted his attacker.

but also

Frogs unvote is really really weird. If he thinks Gandhi is scum why unvote and join a smaller wagon?
In post 342, Gamma Emerald wrote:Nuclear Gandhi (3): Eiralox, Greeting, Juice
Juice (2): furtiveglance, Frogsterking
In post 560, Mapuche Never Die wrote:Town gets townread by solving the game, not by manipulating other players into believing they are town.
maybe in a normal world but not here. :lol:

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 539, hoppip wrote:
In post 397, Eiralox wrote:egh alea jecta est

VOTE: hoppip

@gandhi can shift back to u on a needle's drop
This a pretty bad vote, it seems pretty obvious you only voted me because Ausuka opened the door for you. Or maybe you're just hiding behind her as cover? Either way, very slimy.

nope. If
you
read what I said you would have clearly seen me freely expressing my intent to vote between you and gandhi some time before ausuka's vote. so no.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 539, hoppip wrote:
In post 399, Eiralox wrote:by game related i don't mean asking people to do something but proactively hunting yourself. asking others to hunt while you aren't doing much hunting yourself is by default not a game-advancing strategy in my mind. I can bear lurkers. what always pings me tho is lurkey slots accusing other slots of being lurkey. if those slots vote there.... well then my ping becomes a bell tolling in my skull.

cos i get inutile seemed very, very very scummy the first few pages. I shared that vibe. But through later actions inutile remains in my townlocks. So would scum hopip focus like this on inutile? not a factor in my analyses. In general, in wording, by votes, I just have no idea what inutile is thinking or doing. And it feels.... did Ausuka say slimy? Sorta?

well......
Looks like another misrep to me. Two in fact. :oops:

Eira, I'll give you another chance, but you only get one! Go into my ISO and quote where I said I scum read inutile. Next, show proof that I haven't been scum hunting. Do both and I'll role claim right now! Otherwise you're gonna have to work extra hard to convince me that you're town after telling blatant lies~
again, no. I build cases in my own way, in my own time, and right now im not voting you. convince you i'm town? I don't care. I'm not here to convince others but to fulfill my purpose.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Eiralox »

i'll come back later. the replacements are saying some weird things. Delta thinks i'm scum and i still have no idea why, either false case or emotionally based is my feel. hoppip seems more town, we'll see. hutmeil i'll talk about when I can, been a hidey slot all game and only now, after pressure, pops up. greeting remains a good vote, it might not achieve much but i can conceive scum there. gandhi gave us 2 walls. i'll comment when i can.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

My initial thinking is that

BlueBloodedToffee
furtiveglance
hutmeil
hoppip
Eiralox
Mohab500
Nuclear Gandhi

are all likelier town slots and

Mapuche Never Die
DeltaWave
Frogsterking
Greeting
Ausuka

are on the scummy side.

I might be a little more suspicious of Gandhi now. Before MND replaced in I was thinking "yeah hey Juice could be lurk scum." and clearly I don't like this misread of my slot. I also don't really get
In post 551, Mapuche Never Die wrote:If I was not catching up, my vote would be on Intuile.
though I guess the alternate reading would be that he doesn't have a hood b/c his scumbuddies would tell them its safe to vote there.
In post 557, DeltaWave wrote:Mapuche Never Die - holding off on judgment due to replacement
but he just posted 12 times above this, why do you need to wait for more cotent? What are his good points?

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by Eiralox »

Inutile was my townlock. Nero remains so. while on the face of it mapuche and delta feel town i withhold judgement for now. I'd love to vote gandhi again, i'm giving that slot like a day more before i decide fuck it let's push. greeting remains scummy to me, they are on a hoppip/hutmeil/mapuche level and yet acted as if they weren't, which I also mentioned about toffee earlier. bye.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”