Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

what is it based on?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:31 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1045, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1043, Datisi wrote:
In post 1040, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1038, skitter30 wrote:@vpb again i dont really know if his vote on me is indicative of 'lack of viewpoint/conviction'
(Or at least, is unusual or scum-indicative for him ...)
It's more than the vote on you. That was just an example. There doesn't seem to be much conviction from FB on anything.
do you have conviction on anything right now
Wtf are you talking about? I'm voting and pursuing plenty of threads. You think I have no conviction, or you just pointlessly shading?
that came out slightly wrong >.>

do you have any reads you feel decently strong about at this point? the only one off the top of my head i can think of is warmpupper, but i don't know how much of that read is a scumread and how much is just a ping and pressure
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1051, Gamma Emerald wrote:what is it based on?
his opening posts felt fluffy and buddying
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1049, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1046, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1041, Aristeia wrote:what should he have conviction on atp?
Anything? We are 42 pages in here. Time to start moving the game in a semi serious direction.
is there anything specific you expected to see from Town!FB that you're not seeing or is this just a generalized "he has no takes" thing?
I didn't say FB has no takes, though they are few and far between. It's more of the fact their takes don't go anywhere. I don't have a strong FB meta, but I don't take anyone this game as a complete slouch.

I get the working a lot thing. I have put in 8 hours Sunday, 14 Monday, and 12 yesterday at work. It sucks and makes it hard to stay up on everything in a mafia game or pursue threads as deeply as you may like. That being said, I do still think it's possible to semi-read along and have some kind of viewpoint.

You think this is typical town!FB behavior?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 am

Post by scamper »

VOTE: Irrelephant11
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:41 am

Post by Ydrasse »

ari towmn
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:42 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1054, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1049, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1046, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1041, Aristeia wrote:what should he have conviction on atp?
Anything? We are 42 pages in here. Time to start moving the game in a semi serious direction.
is there anything specific you expected to see from Town!FB that you're not seeing or is this just a generalized "he has no takes" thing?
I didn't say FB has no takes, though they are few and far between. It's more of the fact their takes don't go anywhere. I don't have a strong FB meta, but I don't take anyone this game as a complete slouch.

I get the working a lot thing. I have put in 8 hours Sunday, 14 Monday, and 12 yesterday at work. It sucks and makes it hard to stay up on everything in a mafia game or pursue threads as deeply as you may like. That being said, I do still think it's possible to semi-read along and have some kind of viewpoint.

You think this is typical town!FB behavior?
I don't really expect him to have strong takes this early in the game regardless of his alignment.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1052, Datisi wrote:that came out slightly wrong >.>

do you have any reads you feel decently strong about at this point? the only one off the top of my head i can think of is warmpupper, but i don't know how much of that read is a scumread and how much is just a ping and pressure
Apologies. I read your tone incorrectly then.

I don't feel wild about anything yet unfortunately. Feels like a lot of surface level play so far and not a lot of pressure happening on people. There are a lot of good players just kind of staring at each other, and the shit fight maybe chilled some folks from being as involved as they might be.

I'd like to see some less active folks talk more today, and there were only 2 pages overnight, so maybe is more feasible.

I don't love scamper just kind saying "goodbye world!" but that could just be a playstyle thing that annoys me.

(Lol, getting the sense I'm in a bad mood from lack of sleep this week. Whoops)

Pedit - also don't love scamper's elephant vote, so there's that
YOUR AD HERE

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:44 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1058, VP Baltar wrote:Pedit - also don't love scamper's elephant vote, so there's that
y not?
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:47 am

Post by marcistar »

idk i think its a spicy take
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1060, marcistar wrote:idk i think its a spicy take
Spicy isn't the same as good unless we are talking about burritos
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1059, scamper wrote:
In post 1058, VP Baltar wrote:Pedit - also don't love scamper's elephant vote, so there's that
y not?
It's a naked voted on a very townie looking player. Outside being edgy, what are you hoping to achieve here?
YOUR AD HERE

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 970, DeasVail wrote:This would be a very narrow thing to base a read of me on though. Fireisred gets away with it because of our previous game, but you seem to be, I suppose, dismissing the read on me rather than actually trying to sort me
I think you're reading something into my post that isn't there, I was giving HEM a follow up to my initial response to his question about that post in . You're correct I am not trying to sort you with that post, I am not trying to give or justify a townread on you there either

I don't really like the suggestion in your later post that just because I'm not actively trying to sort you means I'm not actively trying to sort in general. I had 20+ pages to catch up on last night and I was stoned, and I didn't have any major issues with anything you had posted. If HEM hadn't asked I probably wouldn't have commented on you at all. That doesn't mean sorting isn't or won't happen, give it time
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:32 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1061, VP Baltar wrote:
why would scum come out with such a spicy take
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1064, marcistar wrote:
In post 1061, VP Baltar wrote:
why would scum come out with such a spicy take
Because people say "spicy take" and give town points. Easy to say pointless things as scum. You don't have to believe any of it!

Related question, what are your feelings on the elephant in the room?
YOUR AD HERE

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 990, Datisi wrote:but that whoel sequence was already "invented" at the time i made 237, this was just clarifying it. do you think 237 (specifically the ari part) is out of my scumrange?
I dunno, I don't think its out of your scumrange I guess but in the VPB post he said you were making up reasons "after the fact", and if you had already "invented" everything by then none of it was made up after the fact, which I think is reflected in .

So maybe you ~could have~ preplanned this whole sequence to try to emulate your towngame and buddy Ari, it's not impossible, but that wasn't the charge VPB was giving that I was responding to, and I think the alternate explanation where you're town is a bit simpler with respect to those posts.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:40 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

what's up nerds
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:41 am

In post 1047, Gamma Emerald wrote:HEM what are your thoughts on me rn?
when have you asked me this??
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:41 am

pretty weird GE
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1020, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1018, scamper wrote:i feel like some of the townreads being thrown around right now are a little too free,
Which reads bug you?
This post is bad, scamper says in the next sentence that he doesn't feel like elaborating, so this makes me feel like you're rushing to post questions/content instead of reading closely
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 885, skitter30 wrote:can i get a quick tldr on why you think dats is scummy?
I think datisi is scummy because I don't see him solving, really. I see him being defensive and tonally weird (like kinda all over the place, and then asserting he's "bored" which doesn't match his tone or what I would expect towntisi to feel in his first!! town game!! in forever!! if town. Compare to fireisredsir who's having a blast with the playerlist regardless of alignment)
I think he's focusing on weird things and just kinda flitting around trying to find places to look solvy instead of getting his hands dirty on things that actually matter/could be refuted
In post 895, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 883, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 880, skitter30 wrote:also heya relly :)
hi! I think you're town because people scumread your entrance to the game in the same way I've seen people scumread you as town like 12 times :lol:

I don't have any strong scumreads except, like.... datisi? I sure hope the silent slots are scum
:? ppl are scum reading Skitter? Who?
No one is anymore really but multiple took issue with her entrance to the thread/her totally missing a joke. Reminds me of multiple times where skitter's serious tone has made people scumread her when she's just being skitter and trying to catch scum.
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 900, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 392, Irrelephant11 wrote:Bolded are places where I was surprised at GuiltyLion feeling a little firey, a little overly negative, something off about the vibe.
I dunno maybe I'm inserting a tone that isn't there but I just got negative vibes from a lot of these posts? Like a puppy trying to assert dominance. Whereas I feel like from InnocentLion I'm used to something a bit more like an older dog slowly and professor-ishly catching scum.

No offense @GL I'm just using the best silly metaphor I can think of
hmmm this is interesting

I get where you're coming from, I do think I've been slightly more on the aggressive side this game, but I think that's probably because it's a large with a bunch of vets so I feel I need to be more direct and to the point to actually glean memorable/useful info. and also because one of our past games was a Newbie and I try to put the kiddie gloves on in Newbies
I was actually thinking of viewtopic.php?f=54&t=76874 where you and I were kinda town leaders iirc until we got nightkilled. No offense but you gave wise grandpa vibes and that helped me find you as town there. Here it feels like you're forcing things.
I still think you feel "off" as skitter put it, but I'm willing to give you room to breathe for a minute
In post 904, GuiltyLion wrote:I want to trust that if Datisi is town I'll vibe it out correctly
Hmm personally I'm worried that the more time Datisi has to do his thing the less likely it is that anyone catches him,, but
In post 914, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 488, VP Baltar wrote:I think datisi is kind of making up reasons after the fact around his ari play,
specifically I want to ask about this

do you think is fake? that post felt the most likely to be genuine to me. I don't know if I could buy that scum!Tisi invented this sequence of events on the fly, he was rapidposting around then
Agree with skitter (and even Datisi I guess lol) that there's nothing about 308 that proves he's town. It's just expanding thoughts he'd already shared, and is well within his scumrange

@GL why is Ausuka a confident townread?
In post 956, GuiltyLion wrote:
@Irrelephant
I wanna know your take on 600+ post onward Datisi, if your scumread is still strong there, what you think of Datisi's reasoning for his vote on Fire
My scumread has never actually been "strong" per se, I've kind of been doing this thing internally regarding Datisi where I feel like if I find him a little scummy I have to, like, protect myself by tunneling him to make sure he doesn't trick me like he usually tricks people (including me)

I haven't found much of anything from him super towny and if anything I've nearly WIFOM'd myself into a townread because would scum!Datisi really underwhelm me this much? (no offense Dats if you're scum)
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1029, skitter30 wrote:
In post 931, T3 wrote:Firebringer (5): Ydrasse, scamper, VP Baltar, Datisi, fireisredsir
Why is fire the leading wagon rn ?
I didnt really see anything so damning in his iso, and i thought his vote on me was a joke
The fact that he's sitting on a joke vote at this stage in the game is reason enough in and of itself to vote him
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:45 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1071, Irrelephant11 wrote:I think datisi is scummy because I don't see him solving, really. I see him being defensive and tonally weird (like kinda all over the place, and then asserting he's "bored" which doesn't match his tone or what I would expect towntisi to feel in his first!! town game!! in forever!! if town.
This is a very good point which I did not even consider for some reason
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”