Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:02 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1488, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i agree that replace outs are +scum after pressure especially in this environment
from modding newbie games, i recognized a pattern of people replacing out when it becomes too overwhelming to reassert yourself as town
i think juice siteflaked so that replace out is nai

however i want to

VOTE: ConManMick

because i did not like that first post at all

however, i want to note in doing so i still find relly sus and his responses on the last page did not really move the needle for me
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:03 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 1497, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i think the inclination to differentiate your game now makes me lean town IMO i doubt you'll have a hard time faking your town game
@red
@gl

what do you think about this assessment you guys were part of that game
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think that ari likes to be in control of things as scum and push for the things she wants. i think that it would be somewhat unnatural for her to voluntarily step back and take on more of a support/observing role, and she would only do it if she felt like it would get her somewhere or in order to attempt to manipulate someone, or to specifically break that expectation

as town she has motivation to do that though because of the reasons she's stated already

it's possible that as scum who started this game prior to the other one finishing, knowing there would be some overlap in players, she could have tried to go for a different approach here to make the differences clear. i wouldn't want to rule that out, but i don't think it's most likely
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:11 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

ari have you begun to townread dats
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:22 am

Post by ConManMick »

In post 1501, scamper wrote:
In post 1488, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i agree that replace outs are +scum after pressure especially in this environment
from modding newbie games, i recognized a pattern of people replacing out when it becomes too overwhelming to reassert yourself as town
i think juice siteflaked so that replace out is nai

however i want to

VOTE: ConManMick

because i did not like that first post at all

however, i want to note in doing so i still find relly sus and his responses on the last page did not really move the needle for me
In response to your previous, I threw down a vote because I think it's a waste of time to be not voting, especially when there are no near-elim wagons.
I read the first 15ish pages last night when I requested the slot and a couple of folks are on my radar, off the top of my head joining in Datisi was most memorable of those so sent it there.
Question is:
If my slot flaking is nai, and you only dislike my first post, why is it better to vote me than stick to your read that you've mentioned on irellephant, which I presume you have developed far more over the preceding 60ish pages?
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: conmanmick
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:27 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1505, ConManMick wrote:I read the first 15ish pages last night when I requested the slot and a couple of folks are on my radar, off the top of my head joining in Datisi was most memorable of those so sent it there.
what do u mean "most memorable"?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

VOTE: Gamma will explain when I have more time
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

VOTE: Gamma
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not so sure I like the idea of a frozen deadline, we are already @ 60 pages and we'll only increase the pageage while waiting on reps. It just seems like the clock should be ticking still and then maybe if the reps need more time they can request it.

I'm kind of bored of this phase already.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1502, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1497, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i think the inclination to differentiate your game now makes me lean town IMO i doubt you'll have a hard time faking your town game
@red
@gl

what do you think about this assessment you guys were part of that game
right, I agree with this, it makes me feel better about Ari

my main sense being in both games simultaneous was that Ari in TT was far more proactive and prolific, like several points in that game she came in with really thoughtful & insightful cases or gamestate reads and didn't seem to be at all reticent to share them at any point, especially at critical moments where she could directly shape the game. with hindsight now that was all to serve a scum agenda but her play here felt a lot more passive so far, mostly like she's primarily sitting back and feeling out what people are doing and not taking a lot of care to push particular reads she wants to push.

previously I was kind of suspecting if she were scum here she didn't have enough data/info to start really manipulating and using her voice to achieve results she wanted, but now knowing she was scum in the other game, it kinda makes me think a likely explanation is that she's town here and genuinely uncertain and/or not yet invested enough in her reads to step up and pressure or corral people
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1474, ConManMick wrote:I've already read the first couple of pages, ego so I can get back to this later.
In post 1505, ConManMick wrote:I read the first 15ish pages last night when I requested the slot and a couple of folks are on my radar
this might be a weird question but why did you say you read a couple of pages if you had actually read 15ish? 15 is a lot more than a couple, and if your vote on Datisi was based on 15 pages rather than ~2, that seems like an important thing to make clear

also, who else is on your radar? Be specific because from where I'm sitting "a couple of folks" might mean over half the game :P
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1381, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1354, Datisi wrote:aususka

(for legal reasons, this is a joke)
In post 1365, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think I was calling you scum just that you kinda disappeared.
I thought lurking = tactically not posting but maybe I'm wrong
right it
IS
but I and most tend to use lurking as a term for anyone that's not posting. If you wanna say that it's a bad habit. sure but you did pop right up as soon as I said something about you.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: conmanmick

I'm not opposed to a Gamma wagon but I kinda thought defending marci like he did (, ) was possibly townie from him. interested to hear Relly's ReasoningTM
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Ausuka »

i feel like i should have a gamma read but i don't. she's just kind of There
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Datisi »

i want to say ari town bc she's just chilling but that would make her scumread me so I WON'T
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 562, Ausuka wrote:Why is Ari scum

I was leaning town kinda but not sure how to substantiate it? I feel like scum her would like, probably be more likely to go around trying to get townread instead of playing so passively?
everyone else is just COPYING me smh :mad:
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Datisi »

ausuka have you stopped scumreading me yet
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Ausuka »

why would i ever stop scumreading you. given the rate at which you roll scum, limming you is more likely to hit scum than any actual scumread i have
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:47 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 1358, scamper wrote:
In post 1328, xofelf wrote:Falling behind, had some specific thoughts, and goals for people to iso to unblend them from everybody else tomorrow. I've got some brand new pain meds to try making existing be less garbage, and I'm hopeful I'll accomplish more then.

To keep me accountable as well as my own notes, I wanna iso:
scamper
Ausuka
fireisredsir
humaneatingmonkey

I also would love to hear more from Dunnstral as that's somebody I've played before so I have past gut to compare to.
is there a reason i am one of those names?
Yeah, I don't have a specific vibe about you, and you're one of a handful of people(all of whom are in that list) who as I'm reading the thread all kinda blend together into a people who exist pile, and I'd like to get a sense about you on your own. It's not a list of people I'm saying I think are scum or I'm suspicious of, it's just people I want a sense of individually because just straight reading the thread isn't giving me that on them.
Catching up on the thread here, and finishing up a work thing, and then I'll start my isodives.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

scamper have we played together before
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you still owe me a deas read, Elf

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1520, xofelf wrote:you're one of a handful of people(all of whom are in that list) who as I'm reading the thread all kinda blend together into a people who exist pile
wow ok :cry:
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:59 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 1522, Nero Cain wrote:you still owe me a deas read, Elf
I already did say how I felt about DV?? Like I said he felt like he did in the most recent game I had played with him, and I wanted to check which game it was for what his alignment was, and then I later posted that it was Team Mafia and he was town. So I put him in my townbin. And the more he posts the more sure I am of that. So like, what are you talking about? Are you not reading all my posts or just reading the ones where you can then try to say I'm not doing anything?
Ausuka wrote:
In post 1520, xofelf wrote:you're one of a handful of people(all of whom are in that list) who as I'm reading the thread all kinda blend together into a people who exist pile
wow ok :cry:
Soooorry, you're more I want to see if my feelings about you are only because of how you're interacting with other people and maybe I just like you personally so much that I'm giving you a positive read, or if in isolation I still like what you're putting out.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”