Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1592, Nero Cain wrote:with the deadline being refrozen each time we need a replacement, this is going to be like a 200 page d1
I believe in us.

@HEM - froggy is serious about the test in my experience. I haven't read Danny's scumread over it (I probably don't agree), but I'm just saying that I think it's possible for people to get tilted at it. It's likely NAI for both froggy and dann
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Dannwolf
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Aristeia »

I had a funny thought that maybe instead of playing mafia we just have a party and xofelf being the judge/jury and slowly retire us one by one ala survivor style and even the mafia listen to them and nightkill in the order that they want.

would be absolutely LIT imo but unlikely to happen.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1595, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why would it seem serious
because it seems to be?????????????????????????

the part where he's talking about meta on my predecessor seems like he's trying to make a serious point?

I don't understand why I'm not supposed to be taking this seriously

am I pulling a skitter from the start of the game here
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Actually, I should probably check I'm not misremembering and faked a negative read to frog's test as scum. Lol.

I just remember arguing with frog about it and them being town
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1576, VP Baltar wrote:Hi froggy and Danny!
Hello.

This is bad IMO:
In post 1573, xofelf wrote:Did Frogstarking just pick two names they recently saw post and interact and go "RNG gives me those two, let's go all in"? Like come on, you're probably better than that(idk since I don't think we've played together nor have I seen you around much). Good luck on getting a meta read, I don't play a lot, though a lot of the people here I've played with before and I roll town almost all the time, I don't think most of this playerlist was even on site the last time I rolled scum or third party so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Now back to my isoing.
VOTE: xo

It looks performative to me ("...back to my isoing") and I can see xo!scum angling this to buddy up with dann!town against frog!town.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What ispulling a skitter?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1602, Aristeia wrote:I had a funny thought that maybe instead of playing mafia we just have a party and xofelf being the judge/jury and slowly retire us one by one ala survivor style and even the mafia listen to them and nightkill in the order that they want.

would be absolutely LIT imo but unlikely to happen.
lets do it
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

I was just reading the part where you were obviously making a joke and she was stuck on it as a genuine read you had for a couple pages
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:53 am

Post by xofelf »

HEM check: Also somebody who makes me smile to read. A bit more aggressive style, but it's consistently so and not defensive or mean. It works for me. It's a lot more reactiony, which is fine. That being said, it feels like he's got cards to play but he's keeping them to himself and only teasing hints of them now and then. I don't think it's AI. It's just more, has a reason to only share thoughts when they're relevant and the most likely to get genuine reactions from their thoughts. Precise is probably more correct. It reminds me of what I've liked from FlavorLeaf in the past. I largely feel good about him. It's just as possible this is just good scumplay, but nah I don't think so.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't think it's performative when they are actually going back to their ISOing
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:54 am

Post by marcistar »

i need help
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:54 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 1581, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1560, xofelf wrote:That being said, a lot of your phrasing comes across as if you're super concerned with your perception by everybody else. Not that I think you're trying to appear town when you're not, but it's got this "please like me and be nice" and I think it's more from a place of you've had bad game experiences that have drained your enjoyment of playing and burnt you out, than it is trying to be townread. I hope you're finding this game fun still.
Spoiler: not really game related
i feel psychoanalyzed and oof, this is a very specific callout and also an incredibly accurate one on more levels than just mafia, and in ways that i hadn't really realized, gonna go lie down and think about my life now

i am not finding this game fun as of pretty recently but hopefully it will pass
D: I'm sorry! That wasn't intentional.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Did Skitter get pissed off that I said she wasn't being as active as some of us? TBF, she has more posts than I thought she did but my statement wasn't some kind of swipe at you.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1611, marcistar wrote:i need help
Would votes on u help?

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:56 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1614, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1611, marcistar wrote:i need help
Would votes on u help?
no
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

I really like DV's push on GL
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Ydrasse »

UNVOTE:
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:57 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 1605, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1576, VP Baltar wrote:Hi froggy and Danny!
Hello.

This is bad IMO:
In post 1573, xofelf wrote:Did Frogstarking just pick two names they recently saw post and interact and go "RNG gives me those two, let's go all in"? Like come on, you're probably better than that(idk since I don't think we've played together nor have I seen you around much). Good luck on getting a meta read, I don't play a lot, though a lot of the people here I've played with before and I roll town almost all the time, I don't think most of this playerlist was even on site the last time I rolled scum or third party so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Now back to my isoing.
VOTE: xo

It looks performative to me ("...back to my isoing") and I can see xo!scum angling this to buddy up with dann!town against frog!town.
Lol no. I had said yesterday that I was planning on doing a couple iso-dives to untangle some people so I had a clearer vibe on them. You just happened to replace in in the middle of that and I paused long enough to respond to a post that you made, but went back to the last one I said I'd do today.

I just found your entrance odd.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1148, marcistar wrote:
In post 1065, VP Baltar wrote:Related question, what are your feelings on the elephant in the room?
OG i think elephant is townie because their posts are geared towards solving, i still think so. i think maybe elephant is the most townie seeming person on pl rn, but i have had a few doubts but i choose to ignore those!
could you put into more specific words why elephant is the more townie than anyone else?
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:57 am

Post by ConManMick »

In post 1512, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1474, ConManMick wrote:I've already read the first couple of pages, ego so I can get back to this later.
In post 1505, ConManMick wrote:I read the first 15ish pages last night when I requested the slot and a couple of folks are on my radar
this might be a weird question but why did you say you read a couple of pages if you had actually read 15ish? 15 is a lot more than a couple, and if your vote on Datisi was based on 15 pages rather than ~2, that seems like an important thing to make clear

also, who else is on your radar? Be specific because from where I'm sitting "a couple of folks" might mean over half the game :P
It's not my native language, "couple" meaning more than one but comparatively few to the overall amount. I feel like "couple" being 15 or so is appropriate when referring to, say, 60 odd pages on a forum, vs. Being 3-5 people out of 20 odd.
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:58 am

Post by ConManMick »

In post 1507, scamper wrote:
In post 1505, ConManMick wrote:I read the first 15ish pages last night when I requested the slot and a couple of folks are on my radar, off the top of my head joining in Datisi was most memorable of those so sent it there.
what do u mean "most memorable"?
Literally just that I remembered thinking "yeah I want to vote that", I'll go back and get whatever it was that bothered me
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1620, ConManMick wrote:It's not my native language, "couple" meaning more than one but comparatively few to the overall amount. I feel like "couple" being 15 or so is appropriate when referring to, say, 60 odd pages on a forum, vs. Being 3-5 people out of 20 odd.
thanks, I apologize for my smol bit of sass, should have considered it might just be a language trip up and this makes sense to me

VOTE: Dannfloor
back to here
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

frog do you have an opinion on me or my reaction to your entrance?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

although CMM I do want to know who those other people are still
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”