Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1082, Irrelephant11 wrote:I think scamper's vote comes from town feeling paranoid that we're all just spinning our wheels while spreading too many townreads and worrying that scum must be inside the townblock at this point.

Given I've received very little scrutiny and townreads have come my way very easily, I make sense as the target of that paranoia. On the other hand, what scamper may or may not know is that unless I'm experimenting with my playstyle (which I'm not this game), I usually receive townreads from everybody regardless of alignment.

It's possible there's more to the vote, though, so I'll wait and see. Anyone want to wagon Datisi or maybe Gamma with me?

pedit: Ausuka ftw! :D
VOTE: Datisi
Ah yes here's the swap.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1290, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: Eiralox

Scamper see above for why I won’t be posting much for a bit. More curious what others think of your case on me anyway
In post 1508, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: Gamma will explain when I have more time
Huh I wasn't expecting this much swapping though
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: dannflor
In post 1589, Dannflor wrote:I do not consider that level 0 and I think it's very charitable to read that as a joke
In post 1630, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1623, Dannflor wrote:frog do you have an opinion on me or my reaction to your entrance?
I thought your reaction was so scummy that it probably comes from Town. I'm waiting for others to confirm/deny you act this way as Town.
In post 1633, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: GuiltyLion

I think you got a little too excited
Is the above normal town play from dannflor?

Also why do VP and Dannflor communicate with each other like aliens here?

Spoiler:
In post 1576, VP Baltar wrote:Hi froggy and Danny!
In post 1580, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1574, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, I think in general most players ARE going to town read more active players. Now obviously, not all scum are going to be lurksacks but I feel like in the games I've played recently there's always been less active scum.
Yes, I agree with this generally

but if your role PM is green you should have some natural paranoia and curiosity that you won't have with a red pm

also townies love to find deepwolves

I don't know it's very strange to me to enter a game and be like let's kill the lurkers when you are replacing into a slot that made 2 posts
In post 1584, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1583, Nero Cain wrote:Do you think that post was all that serious? He just replaced in so he likely hasn't read that much and he's
specifically
town reading Skitter, despite not really being active. So it read kinda jokey to me?
I highly doubt he was joking
In post 1587, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1585, humaneatingmonkey wrote:yeah that was what stood out to me

he chose to scumread frogster with the most level 0 read you can read frogster's opening post
Pretty sure I scum read frogster for something similar the first time I played with them. I'm so out of the loop right now, but frogster is an acquired taste that can result in strong negative reactions at first, imo.
In post 1589, Dannflor wrote:I do not consider that level 0 and I think it's very charitable to read that as a joke
In post 1593, Dannflor wrote:I am unable to distinguish it tonally from the "xof and dann are scum" stuff it's sandwiched between which also seems serious
In post 1598, Dannflor wrote:I've seen many players open with RQS or something similar and I think more than half the time they have been scum

it's not something I would base a confident read on alone but I've seen it happen enough times that my reaction is always negative
In post 1600, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1592, Nero Cain wrote:with the deadline being refrozen each time we need a replacement, this is going to be like a 200 page d1
I believe in us.

@HEM - froggy is serious about the test in my experience. I haven't read Danny's scumread over it (I probably don't agree), but I'm just saying that I think it's possible for people to get tilted at it. It's likely NAI for both froggy and dann
In post 1603, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1595, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why would it seem serious
because it seems to be?????????????????????????

the part where he's talking about meta on my predecessor seems like he's trying to make a serious point?

I don't understand why I'm not supposed to be taking this seriously

am I pulling a skitter from the start of the game here
In post 1604, VP Baltar wrote:Actually, I should probably check I'm not misremembering and faked a negative read to frog's test as scum. Lol.

I just remember arguing with frog about it and them being town

It looks like they're giving a good cop/bad cop monologue about my slot to HEM and Nero.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Either I've traumatized Gamma too much that he sees every post I have as malevolent and evil, or he's trying hard to dig for reasons to scumread me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:56 pm

If it's the former than I'm rather sad that you think of me like i'm some sort of trash
If it's the latter, how dare you
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:01 pm

ironically this brings up to mind the time ari caught me
In post 218, Aristeia wrote:he's just making shit up to shade me in the most uncharitable manner possible
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:27 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I feel like I have lost all my footing this game
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:29 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1543, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1508, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: Gamma will explain when I have more time
:/
This better be good.
it’s not that good

Yeah it was mostly just that you were underwhelming me compared to most active players. Idk what my read on you is currently
In post 1824, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1294, Irrelephant11 wrote:Okay trying to exit the thread is harder than I thought. I have a snappy comeback but is it worth posting?? I mean might as well huh

Snappy comeback: “I townread all the talkative people and scumread the quiet ones. And I’m having trouble nailing people down in both categories, Irrelephant, btw, is scum for townreading all the talkative people and scum reading the quiet ones, and having trouble nailing people down in both categories”
Why was this the part you thought needed addressing? That was 1 out of like 4 points against you
Because it was the part I found hypocritical. Also you could say “why that part? It was 1 out of like 4 points against you” regardless of which part I responded to?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:30 am

Post by Ausuka »

honestly exactly same. my excuse is i'm not used to larges and mafia is hard

pedit: ok uh this was responding to the post before the most recent post
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:32 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I think HEM is probably town. And uhhh Ausuka is town, and the newbie in skitterslot. I think that’s like…. All I feel confident about anymore
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:33 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Welcome @obscure very nice to have you join us! You really jumped into the deep end. Have you played much forum mafia before? We use a lot of buzzwords
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:34 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1883, Ausuka wrote:honestly exactly same. my excuse is i'm not used to larges and mafia is hard
Same this is the biggest game I’ve played I think
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:35 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

With a week on the timer still I’m tempted to just wait a bit to *really try* but that feels unfair to those wagoning/sorting me
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:37 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I’ll add fireisredsir back into my foundational towncore mainly because I think I’ll have fun if I do and it doesn’t feel especially dangerous. Anyone want me to sheep them? I can at least turn someone’s strong scumread into a wagon
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1846, Aristeia wrote:gamma fwiw i've talked with hem about that game and he is a very nice person and I don't think he would be the type to have a "chip on the shoulder" or grudge or whatever towards me?
Noted
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:13 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1857, Nero Cain wrote:I think townhunting is quite silly since there will always be more town in a game than scum so it's like handing yourself a participation trophy.
tbfh, im not really a 'townhunter' but i start from the baseline of assuming most people are trustworthy (b/c as u said theres always more town), until they give me reason to think otherwise
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:24 am

Post by Ydrasse »

scamper
Nero Cain
fireisredsir
Aristeia

Ausuka
Datisi
xofelf
DeasVail

marcistar
VP Balter
Frogsterking
Dannflor
obscure
humaneatingmonkey
Gamma Emerald

Irrelephant11
GuiltyLion

ConManMick
Firebringer

~

my reads have shifted around a lot and a lot of the game i feel is in a place where its like "could go either way" but the middle chunk there is either i've had reasoning to see the person as both alignments or not enough info to discern lol

my wolfleans are very much vibe based and hard to verbalize. it's sort of just "this posting feels slimy to me, i guess it's a tone thing?"

a lot of people moved down a few bumped up

i havent really made sense of the wagons moving around yet (it feels like they havent a lot) but thats a d2 thing which should clear up some

feel more solid about townreads but even then confidence is hand wiggle
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:24 am

Post by scamper »

{ydrasse, ausuka, gamma emerald}
{frogsterking, marcistar, nero cain}
{aristeia, firebringer}
{deasvail, xofelf, guiltylion, datisi}

{hem, fireisredsir, obscure, vp baltar, dannflor}

{conmanmick, irrelephant}

i doubt my townreads are all perfect, because its near impossible to have perfect reads on day 1 of a 20 player game, and i doubt i managed to get the entire scumteam in 7 names. usually theres someone i end up being overly generous with my read, usually somewhere in the middle of my townreads. but i feel okay-ish with where im at for mid d1 of a large game.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:26 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Handshake

posting readslists together
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:29 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1893, Ydrasse wrote:Handshake

posting readslists together
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:34 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1548, xofelf wrote:Ausuka check: Yeah idk what to do with you. I think I'm just not as familiar. I don't know if seeming to hop around and pipe up every now and then before flitting off to somewhere else is just how you are, or if it's AI somehow. A lot of your statements seem surface level, but that might not mean anything? The argument with marci still seems to be a genuine situation, but when I'm just reading you it doesn't ping one way or another. You might be somebody who can only be read in relationship to your interactions with other people and isoing you will only confuse me further. Reading your iso reminded me of what it felt like to read Andante in Dogs and Cats mafia, and she was town so hmm. Gonna put you in a box of questions. I think I need more to sort you, and I can't quite tell you what I'm looking for cuz I know it when I see it. As a person I'm very fond of you, so don't take my indecision as a personal slight.

Pre-edit: DANNFLOR!!!
I mean, I don't think I'm that surface level? Maybe I am, idk. I'm not especially good at mafia but I'm trying!

Fwiw I would probably agree with you that the situation with Marci is NAI for me

The hopping around thing is not something I tend to do overly often but is probably the product of not knowing how to play large games! I don't think there's anyone in the game I'd class as my Primary Scumread. I have some people who I think are more likely to be scum than random but no one who I would say justifies my attention being focused on them.

I kind of like this as an analysis of me? Idk how to verbalise it properly but some of the stuff seems weird to fake. On the surface level "I need something but I'm not sure what" doesn't seem like something that would get townread, but I think it sounds like a genuine thought process and counterintuitive for scum to talk about over like Logical Reads?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:46 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1890, scamper wrote:
In post 1857, Nero Cain wrote:I think townhunting is quite silly since there will always be more town in a game than scum so it's like handing yourself a participation trophy.
tbfh, im not really a 'townhunter' but i start from the baseline of assuming most people are trustworthy (b/c as u said theres always more town), until they give me reason to think otherwise
Yes and in addition to the logical side of it on a temperamental/emotional level I think you view people as trustworthy which is why I think you've developed a skill for finding legitimate ways to town bin hard-to-read slots. I think Nero and I for example have developed different skills because on a temperamental/emotional level we don't view people as trustworthy. This difference in skillset is what I'm referring to when I say "Townhunter."

It seems logical to me to check if you and Ydrasse town read each other and then compile your read lists to get a jumpstart on a strong PoE.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:59 am

Post by Frogsterking »

@Ari
@Dease
@Dats
@Nero
@Ausuka
@xoxelf

Can you guys confirm there's an up to date reads list in your iso? Please?
In post 1891, Ydrasse wrote:
scamper

Nero Cain
fireisredsir
Aristeia

Ausuka
Datisi
xofelf
DeasVail
In post 1892, scamper wrote:{
ydrasse
ausuka
, gamma emerald}
{frogsterking, marcistar,
nero cain
}
{
aristeia
, firebringer}
{
deasvail
xofelf
, guiltylion,
datisi
}

{hem, fireisredsir, obscure, vp baltar, dannflor}

{conmanmick, irrelephant}
THANK YOU BOTH OF YOU!!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:00 am

Post by Datisi »

there is not, but i am Working On one currently

why is my name coloured in green there?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think I have talked my boss into only making me work a half day today since my week has been crazy. I should be able to do some kind of catchup this afternoon, at least from when the new folks replaced in.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”