Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 2096, Nero Cain wrote:What if that means the "town core" is not pure town b/c they are all following the same reads?
In post 2103, Nero Cain wrote:no, I want this game to go on and on and on b/c some people started playing it just for fun but they'll continue playing it forever b/c its the phase that never it ends.
In post 2127, Nero Cain wrote:but on a more serious note, (for better or worse) it feels like we are getting close to deciding on ending the day in a con or dann vote and apparently we are all doing reads lists to compare where we are all at at you not really wanting to provide us with your reads is :igmeou:
to not sass u for a moment: i see and understand ur concern about too much consensus, but i dont actually think the consensus is as strong as u (or frog) believe, i think i differ from popular reads in a few places. ultimately for the day to end we need to reach an agreement somewhere with a majority of people which is gunna take some amnt of compromise (i swear ppl used to be better abt doing this). i agree again things dont need to go too long and the day extended is bad. but to get that you gotta have agreement, u know?

anyway im probably going to retreat to lurking atp unless its absolutely necessary for me to weigh in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, I understand where you are coming from and getting a shit ton of ppl to agree on a not lurker is going to be hard
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2174, VP Baltar wrote:Arguing is the easiest thing in the world if it has no point and you're not trying to find out people's alignments.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: Irrelephant11

this way if mick towns it up we can have something else to switch too.

im rdy for the day 2 shit storm that Nero bussed b/c he's too horrible to have correct reads.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by ConManMick »

In post 1921, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1714, ConManMick wrote:
In post 1624, GuiltyLion wrote:although CMM I do want to know who those other people are still
OK I read back some and ISOd some folks
I think there's scum in:
Ari, marci, the eira slot, frog, firered
I need to read marci's iso because it was all incidental stuff from reading other folks'.
I think your push on FB is wrong but useful and I like your play.
My Datisi read I think is wrong for now and I'm gonna move my vote. Later stuff certainly appears to be working toward a solve. Page 28 interactions with FB aside but I thing ye all talked about that enough.
I thought also maybe skip and scamp had scum between them but then actually skitter's iso looked pretty good and I haven't looked at scamp properly yet.
HEMs early stuff I thought town and also VP but a few things struck me as off from both and I would like to look back properly at both.
I don't particularly think FB is town but I can wait for him to kick into gear for now and he's done enough that I am not auto scumreading so I don't want to vote there right now.
I am interested in seeing more of Xof's iso dives to see what kind of content is there
I will look at some stuff in the morning. I'm trying to just chuck down rough notes so I don't have to start fresh so I appreciate this is a bit halfhazard.

RN I like Datisi, Nero, and GL.

VOTE: Ari
A lot of these reads feel hedgey and I'm super unclear on your thought process. Like, what actually is your read on Datisi? Are you actually just townreading him for producing game relevant content or is there something more to it?

If you haven't done so yet I would also like to hear about your scumreads. I know it's unfair to expect a replacement to be like right on the ball immediately but a lot of this stuff is super vague and looks trivial to fake
I think I said elsewhere or so that datisi's iso looks like it's trying to advance the gamesstate and day one I think that's town. Do you think there's anything to be said of you reading my posts as being vague and expected or whatever for a replacement vs others saying I'm posting in a manner that sounds overly informed? Do you agree with their assessment?
In post 1929, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1793, ConManMick wrote:Marci- posts seem to just be cutesy one liners alluding to solving the game but not really demonstrating any intent to contribute.
How do you think Marci would play different if she were town here?
Marci's iso doesn't read as trying to advance the gamestate, it's like performatively present with one liners and whatever. It doesn't strike me as town, it's more like a show of being present.
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by ConManMick »

In post 2017, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1714, ConManMick wrote:I think your push on FB is wrong but useful and I like your play.
In post 1714, ConManMick wrote:I don't particularly think FB is town but I can wait for him to kick into gear for now and he's done enough that I am not auto scumreading so I don't want to vote there right now.
if you're not sure about FB's alignment, why do you think my push is "wrong"?

what has he done that makes him above auto scumreading? IMO, maybe you could argue/think that he hasn't done anything
actively scummy
, but I don't see anything he's done that's felt townie at all
I just mean FB's approach tends to be that shitposting beyond the point that most people have decided to set the toys down and play the game, and for whatever reason that always just rubs me the wrong way. Your push made FB engage in a way that wasn't "lol I'm scum" so that's useful to me because I can look forward to more serious posting. I'm also concious that I tend to be biased of that so feeling that he's not inherently scum is personally enough to satisfy me to leave sleeping dogs lie for now
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by ConManMick »

In post 2084, Nero Cain wrote:I don't understand the current dan or con world we are in, how did we get here? I don't know what the cases are on either but I think you could argue that Dann is scummier than con so....
I'm not up to date yet but look at the naked votes and the bullshit "X, tell me why I should vote for Y?" Followed by immediate "ok!" Votes tomorrow, and the egos who think they're beyond being elimmed
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by ConManMick »

In post 2133, VP Baltar wrote:Realizing I only have an hour or so to mafia because I need to make a dish for a dinner party tonight, so I'm going to start my catch up ISOing the leading wagons instead of going back like 25 pages or wherever I fell off paying attention. I'll start with conman.

Conman:

Opening serious vote on Datisi is kind of whatever. Not wowing me, but tisi was a little scummy early on, so I don't see it as AI.

GuiltyLion's attack on Mick of "couple" vs 15 is :roll:

Conman flips on a FB initial scumread saying FB got more serious after prodding. I can't really assess FB's transition since I haven't read it, but strikes me as a bit of an odd thing to townread over. Couldn't scum just as easily take pressure as reason to get serious?
In post 1714, ConManMick wrote:
In post 1624, GuiltyLion wrote:although CMM I do want to know who those other people are still
OK I read back some and ISOd some folks
I think there's scum in:
Ari, marci, the eira slot, frog, firered
I need to read marci's iso because it was all incidental stuff from reading other folks'.
I think your push on FB is wrong but useful and I like your play.
My Datisi read I think is wrong for now and I'm gonna move my vote. Later stuff certainly appears to be working toward a solve. Page 28 interactions with FB aside but I thing ye all talked about that enough.
I thought also maybe skip and scamp had scum between them but then actually skitter's iso looked pretty good and I haven't looked at scamp properly yet.
HEMs early stuff I thought town and also VP but a few things struck me as off from both and I would like to look back properly at both.

I don't particularly think FB is town but I can wait for him to kick into gear for now and he's done enough that I am not auto scumreading so I don't want to vote there right now.
I am interested in seeing more of Xof's iso dives to see what kind of content is there
I will look at some stuff in the morning. I'm trying to just chuck down rough notes so I don't have to start fresh so I appreciate this is a bit halfhazard.

RN I like Datisi, Nero, and GL.

VOTE: Ari
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is the point where people started scum reading conman? It's a pretty whatever scum list. I think of those slots, maybe only fire has given me any kind of scum ping this game. Saying Eira (Dann) is most likely scum feels a little convenient since it's a less established slot to attack. I'll keep this in mind when I ISO Dann.

Did the bold (my addition) ever happen conman?
In post 1793, ConManMick wrote:Can't sleep so here have some word vomit
Marci- posts seem to just be cutesy one liners alluding to solving the game but not really demonstrating any intent to contribute.
Frog - posts read as that faux aggressive solver but arguments are just grasping at whatever in reach. Cagey reads - presumably because they are very rough and vague? - yet also acknowledging that I am using the thread "as a notebook" and being critical of that. I don't think these ideas align. Interested in Gamma and I because it's convenient.
Gamma- thought the questions were an effort to sort me and no offence given or taken, more was trying to see how you were thinking around sorting. Not very clear on this wagon (firered, irrelephant, Nero, frog) but not currently wanting to vote here myself. Haven't looked at the people voting here in depth. Liked Nero's start though, and the few posts I've read between.
Ari - similar to marci but more in-depth at least, lots of fluff about "I'm not nice" but nothing I really consider very town. Trying to push some narrative of sorting by highlighting rvs shitposts as sorting, doubt. Very weak claim.
Scamper - datisi-> largely agreed with HEMs 286 and 292, and Ausukas 288 and 290.
Later posts and a re-read makes me think I was wrong to jump just for these.
pls answer my question about irrelephant read. I also don't buy this "developed view" comment, I don't think anything I have presented is developed. This is a big game and I am trying to compartmentalise with some loose strokes to start, I don't think this is a justified comment but I want to be sure this isn't just more semantic conflict.
FB #1782 "useful" in that it drew out your contribution beyond the early "lolol I rolled scum" and got you engaged. I think then it tunnelled at needless length thus why I said I think it's wrong move, but that doesn't mean it wasn't worth the end result. You had some solid posts resulting from that, which made me feel good about your slot.
I sort of wonder how much experience you have with this playlist, conman? A lot of this seems like personality stuff that's NAI. (marci, Ari being cute...Frog being aggro)

Does someone have any other major points made against conman that I'm missing here? Doesn't feel like a TERRIBLE D1 lim, but I'm not feeling like 'oh wow, that's bad' when I read his ISO.
No I haven't done that yet.

I've played with maybe three or four of the older players here, I haven't really even been on site in about 2-3 years and I don't think I played a game in longer than that again. Idk man I get that people have their shtick but sometimes it just feels performative, I'm a brass tacks kind of guy who wants to play Mafia not read someone's larp
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2181, ConManMick wrote:the egos who think they're beyond being elimmed

who is this comment about?
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by ConManMick »

I can't remember who said about only having mentioned three townreads but like
There's twenty people or whatever here
I'm not gonna go around like the town toothfairy and dole out wee gold stars for everyone
If I haven't mentioned them then I haven't got to them, I'll look if I'm asked or I get there

Pedit yeah maybe it wasn't a nice way to say it but all that shit you have to say about your fantastic leading games from the back of your own wagon just rubs me the wrong way
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by ConManMick »

HEM what's your read on ydrasse
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by ConManMick »

I think VP's analysis of me is softing that I'm town so when I flip he can point to having read me correctly for D2 credit
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2184, ConManMick wrote:Pedit yeah maybe it wasn't a nice way to say it but all that shit you have to say about your fantastic leading games from the back of your own wagon just rubs me the wrong way

what do you mean?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I don't really understand what I've said that has rubbed you the wrong way and caused you to say this about me so I would like you to explain your thought process to me if that's possible.

Thanks.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2145, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2136, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2126, Nero Cain wrote:I've caught you in several games. Wich ones the were I don't specifically remember but I know I have so...
The problem is you’ve also wrongly called me scum quite a bit recently (as in, within the past year or so)
MN 2238, LN 235, and LN 233 come to mind
I mean, ok? I know I've misread you sometimes but that doesn't nullify my point that I've also correctly called you scum [in multiple games] or are you trying to claim that I haven't? You scum read me based on tone for a dozen games and I was town in each one of them. There was the Lickety Quickety guy that called me scum like clock work or Pirate Mollie who only called me scum when she was town. There are dozens of other players that call me scum all the time and there are dozens of other players that misread other player all the time. There's a chance that none of us are really that good at reading others and some of us just have bigger egos.
My point is that you seem to just default scumread me just because you can’t be bothered to actually adapt to players who don’t fit your mold of reading people
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by scamper »

UNVOTE:

i think i got what i wanted out of the cmm wagon, not feeling strongly he flips scum anymore
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yea I think I'm currently content to stay on Dann
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:24 pm

Post by ConManMick »

In post 1986, Aristeia wrote:
so I thought it didn't make a lot of sense for you to push me to sort me in this game because I don't think anyone's really caught me as scum by wagoning me.
I don't think you would think of me as a scum player who can be sorted with pressure or solved with pressure.

in fact it's almost dangerous in a way to push scum me because I am fairly decent at looking
good
and gaining thread control by getting people to vote for me I think.

and this is something you're
aware of
because you stated you didn't want to give me reasoning for the push because you are worried scum me can just judo flip you and kill you easily because ripping apart bad cases is very easy for me and people here have seen me do it as town to scum and mercilessly kill them. You would be essentially giving me the tools to kill you if I was scum with very little gain or upside for yourself. You can't get me to be yeeted without providing very solid reasoning and you don't have the reasoning or ammo to put into the push.

So why would you push me here if you suspect I'm scum? I actually kind of think you wouldn't if you thought I was scum because you simply don't have the thread influence or reasoning to make a push that is likely to kill me and if you're not likely to kill me then why do I even care? You're basically giving me free weapons and making me look better atp.
Like I don't know what your intent here is but it just rankles me, it reads like "don't try to sort me because I am simply too good at this game" and maybe I'm just missing context from your previous game that you're referencing, but when I see those kind of "a wagon on me is useless" posts it just makes me want to hit the big red button.
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:31 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2190, scamper wrote:UNVOTE:

i think i got what i wanted out of the cmm wagon, not feeling strongly he flips scum anymore
what about his recent posts vibes townie to you?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:04 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

VOTE: dann
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:17 am

Post by marcistar »

maybe im blind
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:18 am

Post by marcistar »

when in doubt always vote datisi tbhs

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:19 am

Post by marcistar »

can we vote gamma 4 the memes

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:22 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 811, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 809, marcistar wrote:
In post 759, marcistar wrote:< scamper, gamma, eiralox, lions, soft elf >
gamma what do u think of this
I don’t remember anything Eiralox has posted
In post 816, Gamma Emerald wrote:Is that meant as a town block?
I don’t feel comfortable with Eiralox in it yet, everyone else is at least okayish
In post 821, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hmm wait a minute
In post 822, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 339, marcistar wrote:scamper u stink
Unless something changed this the townblock idea is off-base
In post 825, Gamma Emerald wrote:idfk
The next logical guess is a scumteam prediction but it doesn’t feel like you’re SR me rn
cant stop thinking of her tbhs

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:35 am

Post by marcistar »

my heart and soul tells me a gamma vote is the right way to go...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”