Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 1594, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1592, Klick wrote:
In post 1589, Frogsterking wrote:I'm not convinced that BBT bussed themselves into a potential autoloss or makes the Greeting kill. I think what's happening here is that I'm ahead of the curve on my Delta FoS.
Because this reads like you want to buffer the wave of suspicion by quickly having another name out there without yet having the reasons to back it up
I think Delta lied about their survey results.

Just..... no. Yucky. why even say this.

Ok...............

Sleepy time.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

Klick is a player that exists in this game that I don’t townread
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:26 pm

My PoE is BBT/Klick/Eiralox
VOTE: BBT
Not much else to say rn - I still townread frogster but I’ve also been procrastinating on trying to read into his posts
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:31 pm

In post 1537, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 99, Frogsterking wrote: I have never played with Inutile. I believe Inutile is Town because of their fight with Asuka. Scum are rarely going to square off like that at the beginning of the game.

I couldn't understand what Inutile was trying to communicate either. All I could tell is that it seemed like they were trying very hard to communicate something and their message was important to them. That's the gist of why I Townread them.
Yeah this townread is made up. This is not a solid TR, this is just a townread made up by scum; it's not only easy to make, it is also one town would be unlikely to make.
The second part is not a good reason for a townread, but the first is just ... not solid townread material. An early fight could of course come from town but the confidence in this read is way off the mark.

I am a VT.
The way nk15 focuses on frogster at the end is pretty scummy though
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:33 pm

I can definitely see Klick bussing NK15, not so much BBT

I also think that frogster trying to frame his vote on BBT as a compromise is scummy - it shifts blame off of him
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:33 pm

VOTE: frogster
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

*emotionally reacts*

I'm at the movie theaters, I'm about to watch Bodies Bodies Bodies
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 1594, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1592, Klick wrote:
In post 1589, Frogsterking wrote:I'm not convinced that BBT bussed themselves into a potential autoloss or makes the Greeting kill. I think what's happening here is that I'm ahead of the curve on my Delta FoS.
Because this reads like you want to buffer the wave of suspicion by quickly having another name out there without yet having the reasons to back it up
Fine then:

I think Delta is scum by PoE. I think Delta is most likely to make the Greeting kill. I think Delta tried to pocket me D2 and I think Delta lied about their survey results. I think Delta has a viable (though unlikely) path to end game which doesn't require much work on their part. Delta tried to derail the Hoppip wagon. Delta has some minor negative associatives with Hoppip from D1. Delta was suspected early D1 based on tone and then Townread later for bad reasons which I consider typical "deepscum" trajectory.
yeah nothing says pocketing someone like putting them as #2 in your poe (post 1434.) this is the funniest post in the thread

explain how i lied about my survey results please. i did your survey plz respond

for that matter i want to know why i'd be "most likely to make the greeting kill." please explain what is so special about night killing a cop that only i could have come up with that brilliant idea. is nightkilling a cop such a revolutionary concept that only the legendary deltawave could have come up with it? i know that pro strats like nightkilling a claimed cop are rare but do you think i'm really that uniquely brilliant to come up with a platinum level strategy like that? ok, i know that it's such a wild scum plan. like who would think of nightkilling a cop, it just can't cross anyone's mind so i understand why you see it as so unusual. i just want to know what about me screams that i could come up with such a never-before-seen move. is it just that i'm so smart?

i quote from my post 1434: "I think frog is so far off base with ausuka that it gives me tremendous concern. I'm on mobile so I won't really quote it but the entire case in the last few pages seems contrived. Like frog started with the conclusion and built the case backwards"

in other words, exactly what you're doing here. once again.

VOTE: frogster

it's just so laughable that you could try to pass off "killing a claimed cop" as some kind of slot-specific move

fyi i did not try to derail the hoppip wagon. i didn't want to vote a slot that just replaced out on the grounds of inactivity. it was a lucky outcome that hoppip's slot was actually scum.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Okay I'm like 90% on Delta being the last one now. I think you guys are lazy and don't know how to scum hunt at this stage of the game.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1608, Frogsterking wrote:Okay I'm like 90% on Delta being the last one now. I think you guys are lazy and don't know how to scum hunt at this stage of the game.
I don't mind dying a martyr because this Town is H-E-A-V-Y

I expect you guys to fuck this up somehow and allow Delta to solo win. I predict you continue to brain off and execute BBT tomorrow, then scramble at the last minute and fail to realize Delta is the last one.

HALLELUJAH I'M FREE

SEND ME HOME BABIES

SEND ME HOME TO DADDY
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 247, Eiralox wrote:
In post 246, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 245, Eiralox wrote:
In post 242, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 239, Frogsterking wrote:
@Delta
@hutmeil
@BBT

What do you make of ?
Clinging to that rvs for dear life lmao
it's page 10. so? juice is still null. im not against any votes there but data-wise iffy. why do I get the feeling that you're hunting for easy elims Delta?
OH yeah that must be why I'm still voting inutile

Try to make up better rationales please

despite 'common consensus' inutile is very elimable today, we all are in theory. i think they are town but hey they are def still a poss. and when you voted inutile, well, at that point it did seem an easy elim?

and you voting one place doesnt mean im not gonna analyze your pushes where you don't vote? what logic even is that? i'm only allowed to comment on where you vote? while your early scum on juice has been reinforced here? better rationale? no. I like my rationale right here, trained on you.

sooooo yeah................... i'll wait for gandhi but you're starting to really sell me on delta/hoppip here.
In post 245, Eiralox wrote:
In post 242, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 239, Frogsterking wrote:
@Delta
@hutmeil
@BBT

What do you make of ?
Clinging to that rvs for dear life lmao
it's page 10. so? juice is still null. im not against any votes there but data-wise iffy. why do I get the feeling that you're hunting for easy elims Delta?
In post 241, Eiralox wrote:
In post 235, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 230, Eiralox wrote:
the fact that you have hoppip above "lurkers always scum in there"(which i disagree with, on rational principle) worries me.
the fact that you don't address Frogster, who is obvious town, worries me.
The fact that you are not happy with the gandhi wagon this early worries me.
The fact that juice isn't at null worries me.

why do you worry me?
It is usually true that at least one mafia will lurk in order to avoid attention. It is very interesting that you perked up now that I've thrown a bit of shade on you by including you in the lurker category.

I forgot about frogater. Id say neutral leaning town but it's not super solid.

I never said I wasn't happy with the ghandi wagon. I just don't really understand it. Don't misrep me.

Let me guess. You are trying to slow walk your way onto my wagon so you can be with bbt.

lol....................................................

i'm used to shade on me. so no, u didnt perk me up, dont convince urself of that. what perked me is your.... untowny tone. Cos..... the way you speak here.... tbh if I weren't voting gandhi i'd be voting u. no slowwalking or whatever toward toffee rekuired, im not a walrus but an orca.

AAAAaaaaaaannndd..........

I love ur diversion of hoppip in this post. regardless of gandhi alignment ur words here make delta/hoppip very likely in my mind.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:37 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1607, DeltaWave wrote:for that matter i want to know why i'd be "most likely to make the greeting kill." please explain what is so special about night killing a cop that only i could have come up with that brilliant idea. is nightkilling a cop such a revolutionary concept that only the legendary deltawave could have come up with it? i know that pro strats like nightkilling a claimed cop are rare but do you think i'm really that uniquely brilliant to come up with a platinum level strategy like that? ok, i know that it's such a wild scum plan. like who would think of nightkilling a cop, it just can't cross anyone's mind so i understand why you see it as so unusual. i just want to know what about me screams that i could come up with such a never-before-seen move. is it just that i'm so smart?
I mean she isn't wrong about this!
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:41 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1611, Ausuka wrote:I mean she isn't wrong about this!
I think you're paying too much attention to the energy behind the words rather than what Delta is actually saying.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Ausuka »

She is saying that anyone could kill the claimed cop and I agree with this assessment, anyone could in fact commit a nightkill on the claimed cop?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Am I really stupid for believing that? Yes, whatever, maybe you're going to say something about how it's weird they didn't kill Greeting N1 and did the next night - maybe they overestimated the suspicion that would be on him the next day. Whatever. The fact is I would find it much more unusual for a claimed cop not to die n2 and I think Delta is very correct about this point and am unsure why anyone would think otherwise.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1613, Ausuka wrote:She is saying that anyone could kill the claimed cop and I agree with this assessment, anyone could in fact commit a nightkill on the claimed cop?
Is this supposed to be convincing? Delta killed Greeting because Delta can't endgame with Greeting alive after shading them yesterday. It has nothing to do with Greeting's role because Greeting's role is useless. Scum intentionally missed out on killing a real investigative to kill Greeting which implies to me that the final scum feared immediate retaliation from Greeting during the day. Delta is the main slot that has a reason to fear Greeting today.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1614, Ausuka wrote:Am I really stupid for believing that? Yes, whatever, maybe you're going to say something about how it's weird they didn't kill Greeting N1
Yes and no respectively.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I don't believe that greeting's role.is necessarily useless! I also think you shaded Greeting plenty yesterday so I have no fucking idea what you're talking about frankly
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1617, Ausuka wrote:I don't believe that greeting's role.is necessarily useless! I also think you shaded Greeting plenty yesterday so I have no fucking idea what you're talking about frankly
Greeting attributed my actions as bad townplay rather than scummy, which was wise of him. I'll believe your point about me=Delta if you can show me reason to believe Greeting saw Town motivation in Delta's actions.

Greetings role is useless (I'm assuming) after the 2nd goon flips.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by Ausuka »

And why would you make that assumption?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Ausuka »

With three goons disloyal simple cop is just a cop that's a bit weaker than a cop because it can't clear people.

With two goons it's a role that provides a lot of swing dependent on which mafia you target which to me is just less fun and neat. There is a somewhat similar dynamic with jailkeeper and tracker and such like but I think since mafia have to choose who will perform the kill that's significantly better.

And that doesn't mean it can't be what happened in this game! Maybe the last mafia isn't a goon. I just think it's a strange assumption to make.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Greeting's only read on d2 was eiralox scum and I don't think there is a lot there beyond that

If anything eiralox would be the one I'd expect you to call out for making the kill but I don't think it's eiralox.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1621, Ausuka wrote:Greeting's only read on d2 was eiralox scum and I don't think there is a lot there beyond that

If anything eiralox would be the one I'd expect you to call out for making the kill but I don't think it's eiralox.
I don't think Eiralox made the kill because I don't think Eiralox is scum lol
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1620, Ausuka wrote:With three goons disloyal simple cop is just a cop that's a bit weaker than a cop because it can't clear people.

With two goons it's a role that provides a lot of swing dependent on which mafia you target which to me is just less fun and neat. There is a somewhat similar dynamic with jailkeeper and tracker and such like but I think since mafia have to choose who will perform the kill that's significantly better.

And that doesn't mean it can't be what happened in this game! Maybe the last mafia isn't a goon. I just think it's a strange assumption to make.
I think Normals are designed in part to meet expectations. My expectation is that scum will have one or two PRs so I jumped to that assumption. I feel like I'm making the right call here about what to expect in this game, though I think your design ideas are good.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:46 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1623, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1620, Ausuka wrote:With three goons disloyal simple cop is just a cop that's a bit weaker than a cop because it can't clear people.

Yes and I think Normals are designed in part to meet expectations. My expectation is that scum will have one or two PRs so I jumped to that assumption. I feel like I'm making the right call here about what to expect in this game, though I think your design ideas are good.
EBWOP

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”