Newbie 2101 | Better Call Saul | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Ugh sorry, 'with the same scum reads was scummy?'
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:08 pm

Post by Roden »

Oh yeah, he kinda fell off from going after you.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:13 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1462, Nero Cain wrote:3 of u should just vote gamma so we get a claim
In post 1470, Nero Cain wrote:Norway u had ur chance to vote t3 and u voted mega. getting gamma to claim is game progress. If he's scum he'll more than likely claim a pr and he'll prob not get eliminated. I guess I don't care that much but I'd rather not have a 200 page d1
Nero seems to perfectly understand how claims work here.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Read some new pages.

1) Yelling about claiming is just pointless, if you're about to hammer ask for a claim. Otherwise they don't have to.

2) Roden has never explained his scumread on me, and now seems
borderline obsessed.

3) Meg's posting has never got off the ground this game, very mild. Post about casually 'swinging by' to hammer another wagon at EOD was pretty sus, just like their whole game. Once again, any Meg voters get a free sheep from me.

Still feel Bella and Meg makes the most sense.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:48 pm

Post by Roden »

My posts early on go over what I disagree with you on and what I find suspicious. I don't think I ever reconciled those thoughts.

Also weird take to say I'm "borderline obssessed" when just a couple days ago people were begging for me to post more. Like I don't think I'm spamming the game or anything remotely close to that, nor am I hyper focused on any particular player.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:42 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 854, Roden wrote:My posts early on go over what I disagree with you on and what I find suspicious. I don't think I ever reconciled those thoughts.

Also weird take to say I'm "borderline obssessed" when just a couple days ago people were begging for me to post more. Like I don't think I'm spamming the game or anything remotely close to that, nor am I hyper focused on any particular player.
is your only explanation so far - 'I don't like the arguments they've made though, and to me it looks like they're justifying their Meg scum read with a circular logic narrative.'

and imply that you're scumreading me strongly, but is just criticising my push on Meg, I don't see how the two add up.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 849, Bellaphant wrote:@nero, what have you read now?
your scum pt

do you feel like it was pro town to continue to dogpile on my reading/lack of reading?

Your posts this morning haven't contributed to the thread in any meaningful way. You didn't react to my light scum red on you, or back up your statement that my posting was ??? or really give any thoughts at all.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 845, Roden wrote:
In post 778, Roden wrote:
In post 761, Roden wrote:
In post 740, Nero Cain wrote:So basically your case is that fancy scum read someone and then flipped their read? Thats a horrible case and I'm not just saying that b/c I'm town but town flippng thier reads and not being static is a thing and you should know better.
In post 724, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 272, Bellaphant wrote:Honestly I think we'd get a ton of info from the flip, so I'm fine with it.
ew

talk to me how you went from scum reading fancy on d1 to scumreading him?
In post 730, Nero Cain wrote:VOTE: bella
You see the problem here, Nero?
Still waiting on a response to this.
@Nero Cain
sort of. I get that you are calling me hypocritical though I'm more asking a question
In post 748, Nero Cain wrote:I wasn't invested in this game and I think sometimes live interactions help. Frut wanted me to vote Bella so I decided to ISO her before voting there (I do have some integrity.) and thought the things I posted about were
and
wanted to push there and see where things went.
so context be dammed. Also, notice how there's a 6 post gap between my question and the vote on Bella. Do I really strike you as the kinda guy that wouldn't throw down my vote if I was scum reading Bella in ? Your logic continues to be atrocious.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 731, Nero Cain wrote:im voting scum but her and roden won't come @ me b/c they hope someone deadline hammers me.
:lol:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

it's also a little chainsawy. Like I get that you were scumreading my slot b4 I ever replaced in but you are going HAM since I voted Bella.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm having a hard time understanding Cor here. Like I really feel like the language he used here is how one talks to a scumread. But he's not scumreading me? He's town reading b/c he thinks that I'm a mason with Frut? ok but I confirmed that I wasn't.

I mean maybe I should have just gambled and ran with it so I would get to stay alive and we can kill Bella. But if that was his reason to town read me and it's now gone then why not revote me?

I think scum is prob just Bella and Cor with Roden being the town beard but to be on the safe side I think the POE is Bella, Cor, Roden.

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:00 am

Post by Bellaphant »

A dogpile? That's really not what that was. Questioning your scum read, yes. I don't understand your posting, clearly.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:49 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 853, furtiveglance wrote:Read some new pages.

1) Yelling about claiming is just pointless, if you're about to hammer ask for a claim. Otherwise they don't have to.

2) Roden has never explained his scumread on me, and now seems
borderline obsessed.

3) Meg's posting has never got off the ground this game, very mild. Post about casually 'swinging by' to hammer another wagon at EOD was pretty sus, just like their whole game. Once again, any Meg voters get a free sheep from me.

Still feel Bella and Meg makes the most sense.
Why do you find being mild as suspicious?
What do you think Town!Meg acts like here that I'm not? This feels like pointless bickering.

Also Roden has said like, 1 thing mildly against you and has said he likes the bella slot more than you. That's nowhere near any level of obsessed.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:05 am

Post by Rad »

Agree with Meg about the roden obsessed thing. What are you talking about furtive? How are you possibly coming to that conclusion? Spell it out with some quotes please.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:09 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Thinking about it I feel like it was just a poor choice of words for what they were trying to convey.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Bellaphant »

We have 17 hours and I'm down to not wanting to vote meg, rad and Roden mostly because they are the people who are making the most sense.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 861, Bellaphant wrote:A dogpile? That's really not what that was. Questioning your scum read, yes. I don't understand your posting, clearly.
You were questioning my scum read on you by asking what I've read? What do you not understand about my posting and why aren't you asking for clarification?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 833, Bellaphant wrote:I'm gonna have to read the corwin/rad thing back.
did you ever do this? You don't seem like you've commented on anything or done anything substantial since I replaced in.

I think you are just scum waiting out the deadline.

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 865, Bellaphant wrote:We have 17 hours and I'm down to not wanting to vote meg, rad and Roden mostly because they are the people who are making the most sense.
I sincerely believe this is not how town thinks. 'Making sense' is not inherently town, that's surely the first fallacy they teach in mafia class.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

this man knows whats up

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:28 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I was asking about the whole game state, why is that an issue? I never know what to make of more aggressive posters. Talk me through the corwin thing?

P-edit I'm super sick, sorry.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

is that @ me, bella?

Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Rad »

In post 868, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 865, Bellaphant wrote:We have 17 hours and I'm down to not wanting to vote meg, rad and Roden mostly because they are the people who are making the most sense.
I sincerely believe this is not how town thinks. 'Making sense' is not inherently town, that's surely the first fallacy they teach in mafia class.
So 2 things on this. First, you're right that "making sense" isn't inherently town. In fact as scum I try to be as openly reasonable and clear as possible. But the reason I do that goes to the second point here - town does tend to consider other people being reasonable as being towny. The idea that Bella's town reading slots that she finds to be making the most sense I'd say is more >randtown of a perspective.

You could argue that Bella's too experienced to be convinced by something so simple to do as scum, and I have no opinion from that perspective. But a town!Bella here would have a bunch of people yelling different things about different people, not all of it super clear and reasonable, and clinging onto the people who are "making the most sense" might not be a terrible approach.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Rad »

That said, I think this from Nero is pretty accurate about Bella's play here.
In post 856, Nero Cain wrote:Your posts this morning haven't contributed to the thread in any meaningful way. You didn't react to my light scum red on you, or back up your statement that my posting was ??? or really give any thoughts at all.
In post 867, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 833, Bellaphant wrote:I'm gonna have to read the corwin/rad thing back.
did you ever do this? You don't seem like you've commented on anything or done anything substantial since I replaced in.

I think you are just scum waiting out the deadline.
I'm not seeing Bella push the game in any sort of direction that helps solve. Doesn't mean Bella's scum but that's what scum!Bella should probably do here. Sit back and give some light comments and wait out the deadline since I didn't hammer.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Rad »

In post 647, Bellaphant wrote:@rad my issue with fancy is solve/drive based - he copied bbts hero solve and then opened day 2 not doing much with it, then cased me, then said he was drunk, then dissapeared. He never responded to my ponts about you and the bbt wagon, while implying I was ignoring his answeed questions. Like, where's the follow through.
he copied bbts hero solve
- not necessarily scummy, I want to check his ISO and see if he was leaning towards that solve openly anyway or if it was abrupt
opened day 2 not doing much with it
- maybe scummy, I need to check and verify
then cased me
- not scummy
then said he was drunk
- not scummy
then dissapeared
- maybe scummy, but he disappeared completely and got replaced. Could be legit irl issues.
He never responded to my ponts about you and the bbt wagon
- regarding not sussing me based on my bbt wagon stance? You know we approached it very differently. Not that he can respond to it now but if town!Fancy hard town reads me, he wouldn't care about responding to this anyway.
while implying I was ignoring his answeed questions
- do you remember the post where he does this?

As a summary of why you believe fancy slot is scum, this is pretty much a miss I think, but I'll dig a bit. I get if you're town some of this probably comes across as more scummy than I might recognize.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”