Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by scamper »

i basically agree with all of that, would also point out that this comment about ari "soft defending" firebringer can easily be the thing scum does where they try t set up a teammate as defending a buddy:
In post 1208, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1203, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1179, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1169, VP Baltar wrote:FB, what do you think of ari's meta defense of you?
wut?
Pretty sure Ari is doing to opposite of defending FB
VP Balter
, you gonna explain what made you think this?
Ari is definitely soft defending FB by questioning my vote there. How would you describe it?
and firebringer had basically the lightest of shade toward vpb and from the game i looked at he tends to distance/bus a fair amount
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i did notice in ktane a trend of scum vp calling people's very accurate readlists trash
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I agree that obscure doesn't seem as townie b/c he's behind/lurking but I still think Skitter was town and I'm not that sold that FB/SS is scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok maybe not a trend there was just this post

Spoiler: from ktane
Subject: KTaNE [game over!]
VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1522, Andresvmb wrote:HEAL: Frogsterking
HEAL: catboi
HEAL: Greeting
HEAL: StrangeMatter
HEAL: Andante
HEAL: Titus
HEAL: Dwlee99
HEAL: fireisredsir
I'm so far behind and catching up but lol wtf is this

criticizing what was basically a townread list that was 100% correct
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3577, Nero Cain wrote:I agree that obscure doesn't seem as townie b/c he's behind/lurking but I still think Skitter was town and I'm not that sold that FB/SS is scum.
I'm convinced that Baltar was chainsawing GL over the FB slot.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, I could be wrong but I started liking FB when his posting became a little less trolly.

After I looked at it I wasn't sure if his iso matched his ISO from Infernal Affairs

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88949

but I am not Mith tiered so I'm prob just wrong, right?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by scamper »

i don't think it's, like, guaranteed or anything. i'm just trying to find a wagon i want that other people might vote...
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3580, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, I could be wrong but I started liking FB when his posting became a little less trolly.

After I looked at it I wasn't sure if his iso matched his ISO from Infernal Affairs

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88949

but I am not Mith tiered so I'm prob just wrong, right?
I've noticed FB has a wide town range, maybe they also have a wide scum range?

PEdit:

Do you feel ready to post an updated reads list, scamper?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

It's fine guy. We are all going to have different opinions. I mean you could be right and I could be wrong. Who knows.

do you not like our current set of wagons? (SS is already a wagon though)

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 3582, Frogsterking wrote:Do you feel ready to post an updated reads list, scamper?
not tonight, maybe tomorrow

i don't think they've changed all that much for me though
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3584, scamper wrote:
In post 3582, Frogsterking wrote:Do you feel ready to post an updated reads list, scamper?
not tonight, maybe tomorrow

i don't think they've changed all that much for me though
That's reasonable.

@Ydrasse

Has your reads list changed much?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3554, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3551, humaneatingmonkey wrote:hey

is datisi town

who should i vote
yes

SS or shea, maybe? or suggest an alternative
This is a really strange place for you to be pushing considering you say you lean town on me. Why am I simultaneously lean town but one of the two people you are suggesting pushing? The only thing that changed since then was datisi voted for me and guiltylion said he didnt vibe with some of my stuff.

This feels incredibly opportunistic tbh. I haven't really thought any of the shade my slot has been getting has been scummy but this one is.

VOTE: Fire
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also I just got back from losing in the finals of a magic RCQ tonight and I am sad and burned out so I likely won't be around much tonight.

If you're gunna lim me at least have the courtesy to do it before tomorrow. Morning.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lo siento

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3583, Nero Cain wrote:It's fine guy. We are all going to have different opinions. I mean you could be right and I could be wrong. Who knows.

do you not like our current set of wagons? (SS is already a wagon though)
I think Shea might flip Town because of their read progression on my slot. I'm ambivalent about marci. I guess I could compromise there. I think I scumread Dann a little bit still and I definitely want to flip S_S and Dease.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3587, Thestatusquo wrote:Also I just got back from losing in the finals of a magic RCQ tonight and I am sad and burned out so I likely won't be around much tonight.

If you're gunna lim me at least have the courtesy to do it before tomorrow. Morning.
What kind of deck were you playing and how did it seem to do overall?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

that was actually @ scamper who said "i'm just trying to find a wagon i want that other people might vote..." my first reaction was "???? SS/FB is already a thing. ???"

On second thought it's prob not that confusing or scummy b/c he's just hard pushing a SS wagon which is pretty null. I think the wording is maybe a little funky and if there's scum in marci/tsq he looks not great for pushing not them if SS is a mislim but eh...

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3591, Nero Cain wrote:that was actually @ scamper who said "i'm just trying to find a wagon i want that other people might vote..." my first reaction was "???? SS/FB is already a thing. ???"

On second thought it's prob not that confusing or scummy b/c he's just hard pushing a SS wagon which is pretty null. I think the wording is maybe a little funky and if there's scum in marci/tsq he looks not great for pushing not them if SS is a mislim but eh...
It seems like you're having a hard time sorting scamper. Do they have a really high scum range or something?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3586, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3554, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3551, humaneatingmonkey wrote:hey

is datisi town

who should i vote
yes

SS or shea, maybe? or suggest an alternative
This is a really strange place for you to be pushing considering you say you lean town on me. Why am I simultaneously lean town but one of the two people you are suggesting pushing? The only thing that changed since then was datisi voted for me and guiltylion said he didnt vibe with some of my stuff.

This feels incredibly opportunistic tbh. I haven't really thought any of the shade my slot has been getting has been scummy but this one is.

VOTE: Fire
?

at the time i said that, you had 4 votes, ss had 4 votes. those were the two leading wagons. next was DV with 2 (don't really love that wagon), and marci and frog with 1 (marci wagon is fine but eh). that's it

so those were the two main wagons. i would almost always answer the question of someone returning to the thread with "who should i vote" by letting them know who the main wagons were, even if i townlean one of them. if i felt really strongly that one was scum and one wasn't i might campaign for that one but that's a rare occasion at this point in the game

and also i wasn't really even townleaning you at that point. i found some vp interactions with irrel that i didn't like. i thought the points that nero was making on page 140 were decent and i was starting to doubt if my reasons to townlean you were actually good. at which point i said i was cool with the wagon in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

idk who scamper is but I'm not really scum reading him. I might subliminally be a lil' worried that he's pocketing me. I don't think my stance toward him wrt is anything unusual.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

feels kinda weird to me that shea's reaction to one of his top townreads suggesting someone else could vote for him is not to like... investigate why, or read my posts in which the way my opinion evolved is p clearly shown, but instead is to just vote me
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I did evaluate them.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

in fairness, he's sad and tired but I'm not the biggest fan of his reaction posting tonight

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I dont give a crap what you think. Honestly the thing I'm most looking forward to this game is you being wrong and rationalizing it to yourself.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

And to answer the question the tournament was pioneer, I was in the finals so it went well. I played red black midrange. Out for the night for real now hoping to wake up in the spec thread. :)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”