Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4825 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yah I would also prefer a marci vig instead of a gamma vig, I feel this game wasn't really unlike my impression of gamma's towngame

Smart is also a fine vig shot and feels a little survivalist in how he immediately encourages a Gamma shot
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4826 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:38 am

Post by Ausuka »

probably obvious but i also prefer marci over gamma!
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4827 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I could go in for a fire wagon instead of an obscure wagon too I think.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #4828 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Datisi »

fine with a marci shot

my favourite would probably be a shea shot, and i also definitely would not complain about an s_s shot, but i don't care enough to strongman that
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4829 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4816, Dannflor wrote:pedit: and i sorta have a theory that marci's trajectory on gamma was an attempt to pocket her
why would she decide that the best person to start pocketing is the one she tunneled all of the previous day?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4830 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4828, Datisi wrote:fine with a marci shot

my favourite would probably be a shea shot, and i also definitely would not complain about an s_s shot, but i don't care enough to strongman that
how can I help you see me as town
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4831 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I also got vague pockety vibes towards me from marci.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4832 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4823, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 4819, Nero Cain wrote:I actually rather vote out the empty gamma slot and have obscure vigged like HEM agreed to.
Why would you prefer to vig that slot we can't interact with?
obscure can talk? If you meant my suggestion that we run up an empty Gamma slot then my thinking here is, someone is going to replace into Gamma right? Why shoot that? Whats the difference between running up Gamma and having that slot get vigged. Getting ran up people at least have to take stances and I still think his HEM vote was pretty scummy given that he was trying to hurry up the HEM lim after he got wagoned.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #4833 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 4830, Thestatusquo wrote:

i don't know, sorry

irrel's actions towards me are bad and his associates w baltar are bad and a lot of your arguments w people felt bad and i'm sorry if you're town but i am not there yet
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4834 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4829, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4816, Dannflor wrote:pedit: and i sorta have a theory that marci's trajectory on gamma was an attempt to pocket her
why would she decide that the best person to start pocketing is the one she tunneled all of the previous day?
I don't think she started with Gamma. I just think the way she interacts with people is more geared towards getting people to like her than to solve people's alignments? Like her conversation with me, it felt like she wanted me to feel like "oh marci is reaching out to me she must be town," and not because she specifically wanted something from me

Maybe Gamma wasn't someone she intentionally tried to pocket
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4835 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:46 am

In post 4825, GuiltyLion wrote:Smart is also a fine vig shot and 4813 feels a little survivalist in how he immediately encourages a Gamma shot
Hmm, it didn't occur to me that I was doing that.

I'm not sure Gamma is actually a good shot, because marci might just have an inno there.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4836 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4833, Datisi wrote:
In post 4830, Thestatusquo wrote:

i don't know, sorry

irrel's actions towards me are bad and his associates w baltar are bad and a lot of your arguments w people felt bad and i'm sorry if you're town but i am not there yet
shrug, ok.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4837 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4835, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4825, GuiltyLion wrote:Smart is also a fine vig shot and 4813 feels a little survivalist in how he immediately encourages a Gamma shot
Hmm, it didn't occur to me that I was doing that.

I'm not sure Gamma is actually a good shot, because marci might just have an inno there.
why the fuck would you say that?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4838 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

super unpopular opinion: marci's attack on Gamma was a light bus and that's why he felt "betrayed"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4839 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4833, Datisi wrote:his associates w baltar are bad
I have almost certainly forgotten parts of D2 where different people talked about this but I still kinda think Relly's associatives with Baltar aren't that bad. they're not clearing, but I think on the whole it seems more likely Relly didn't know VPB was scum given the breezy half baked townread morphing into an unceremonious "could go either way" vote, just felt like he wasn't trying to enact an agenda or a planned trajectory
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4840 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:49 am

In post 4837, Thestatusquo wrote:why the fuck would you say that?
Because I don't think it's extremely likely, and I'd love for scum to waste their power killing/roleblocking her.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4841 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

so you were lying about her not being a good shot then? Like the statement "I believe marci is a bad shot because of x" and "I don't think x is very likely" can't both be true.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4842 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:54 am

I mean shooting someone who has, say, a 25% chance of being a confirmed inno, when there are other viable options, seems like a poor play.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4843 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

25% is INCREDIBLY LIKELY relatively speaking.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4844 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

did you object to the marci vig?

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4845 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

It kind of feels like you didn't think about this speculation at all and then tried to come up with a justification for it here on the fly.

Whether or not that's AI I have no clue.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4846 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:57 am

Well it would be scum indicative, because I would never do that as town and not admit it. 25% was about the number I had in mind when I posted .
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4847 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

huh actually gong back I could see how one might see marci's D1-D2 gamma progression as an inno

but I completely didn't clock it at the time

and it makes me wonder if it's fair to think marci/gamma is T-T and scum!Smart was more prone to picking up on that because he's looking for results/crumbs in townie's reads
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4848 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

why would you protest a gamma shot more than a marci shot then
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4849 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Do you think that a player having a 25% chance of being an investigative role is not a HUGE number in the context of a random townie? I'm so confused by that statement.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”