Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 334, Wayward Son wrote:Question to everyone, I see Porkens talking about how bad he is and throwing shade at the idea of Town blocs. His only game relevant post is his "gut" vote. Is it only Professor's defense of him that makes him Town?
“HAY EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS OTHER PERSON PLEASE”
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

I didn’t say he was town.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 350, Porkens wrote:
In post 334, Wayward Son wrote:Question to everyone, I see Porkens talking about how bad he is and throwing shade at the idea of Town blocs. His only game relevant post is his "gut" vote. Is it only Professor's defense of him that makes him Town?
QFT
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 352, Wayward Son wrote:
QFT
Nice, I like you.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

In post 349, NJAC wrote:
In post 322, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 312, NJAC wrote:Yeah, Salsa can go to my town list.

I'm having a hard time getting a proper read on Professor, but I'm not sure if his erratic behavior is coming from scum.

I think Kitty is at least trying, compared to Newbie 2100, so I feel I can unvote him for now.

I need to reread, meanwhile I'm just going to sheep Salsa:

VOTE: Galron
Why?
What makes you change your read on me?
As I said I'm not sure if your erratic behavior is coming from scum. And I can see a scenario in which you are town and scum are joining your wagon for an easy mislim.

So I'm leaning to think you're dumb but probably not scum.
Alright well what is your thoughts on Wayward?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by NJAC »

His play in this game kind of remind me his play in Newbie 2100. But I haven't seen anything particularly alignment indicative besides that. I'd say null for now.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.6
Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
(2019)

Commentary: That was a big radio hit! And what a great collab! Rapper Lil Nas X and country singer Billy Ray Cyrus (also the father of Miley Cyrus!) really nailed it.

Old Town Road was nominated for Record of The Year at the 2020 Grammies, and won Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. In my opinion, deservedly.

Galron
(2): Salsabil Faria, NJAC
ProfessorDrapion
(2): Shiidaji, KittyTacky
Wayward Son
(2): Galron, Porkens
MalcolmTucker
(1): geraintm
NJAC
(1): ProfessorDrapion
Not Voting
(3): MalcolmTucker, Crescent, Wayward Son

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-09-19 10:24:00).

Salsabil Faria
is on V/LA until 17th of September.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 351, Porkens wrote:I didn’t say he was town.
They
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 329, Wayward Son wrote:@ Malcolm I made that post after doing a dual ISO of Professor and Porkens. What makes you think Porkens can be Town? I'm not seeing anything.
In post 330, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 327, MalcolmTucker wrote:Kitty is another player who like Wayward Son I'd like to see more from going forward and if PD isn't scum they're a candidate for a possible opportunistic vote. Relatively quiet so far and PD is a relatively obvious target at the moment where the reasoning sort of presents itself.
Personally I don't like these kinds of posts. You want to hear
more
from me? Do you have any questions?
In post 332, Wayward Son wrote:@ Malcolm I get the feeling you know I'm wrong on PD, and are throwing shade at the wagon while slightly supporting it. Town read sliding south.
I'm not sure scum comes in and loudly advertises how hopeless they are so early on to be honest. Scum want to blend in typically and Porkens' approach doesn't indicate seamlessly blending in. If they have doubts as to the game and how they should approach things they have a scum thread where they can ask those questions. That they're not indicates they're probably thinking out loud to me. As a result your PD/Porkens solve felt a bit lazy to me, like you felt you needed to have reads beyond PD.

You've posted more now, fine, I was comparing Kitty to my initial read of you where neither player is overtly scummy but you're ISO reads like it could easily be early game cautious mafia trying to blend in without necessarily saying anything controversial.

I'm not trying to throw shade on you or necessarily move away from PD - I've said I think PD's play has been slightly scummy so far, it's just whether that play is actually coming from someone who is scum or if it is coming from someone who's just frustrated. My goal here is to think - would this player approach the game in this way if they were scum? I'm unsure that's the case with PD which is where my doubt is coming from, because their actual content so far has definitely been scummy, hence the initial read.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:43 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I want to know a bit more about your read on Wayward beyond the gut-read itself. It's fine to go on gut initially but as someone who suspects Wayward, if I'm potentially wagoning there I want to be confident the other players on the wagon are doing so for legit reasons. Otherwise I'd fear you could be scum just sitting on what you think is a viable elimination without coming up with a justification for doing so. What particularly makes Wayward scummy to you?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:25 am

Post by Greeting »

Shiidaji has been prodded. This is his first prod.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:04 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 324, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Do you think Galron clears Wayward upon wolf flip?
That would be handy.
Thoughts?
wo is this aimed at?
what is a wolf flip?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:05 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 326, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 311, geraintm wrote:@salsa

I random voted someone

Malcolm comes in shortly after, not realising it was random, and start going "good point, I too found them sus"

Buddying up like that I don't like
The fact I didn't realise it was random is why I thought it was a good point - I didn't like the post from Galron and was simply agreeing with you.
yeah, i aint chaning my opinion of you. i think your joining me reeks and framing it like this doesn't put you in any better light.
VOTE: malcolm
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:07 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 331, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 326, MalcolmTucker wrote:The fact I didn't realise it was random is why I thought it was a good point - I didn't like the post from Galron and was simply agreeing with you.
I know I touched on this earlier with Geraint, and in the one post where I misunderstood your point. What is wrong with expressing a nightmare scenario? You say you don't like it, can you express why?
i can't see a problem either, and i confess the team listed would be hard for town to beat.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:09 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 349, NJAC wrote: So I'm leaning to think you're dumb
Do not use this kind of language.

In post 1, Greeting wrote:
General rules:

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead. Using meta on other players is allowed.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:11 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 358, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 329, Wayward Son wrote:@ Malcolm I made that post after doing a dual ISO of Professor and Porkens. What makes you think Porkens can be Town? I'm not seeing anything.
In post 330, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 327, MalcolmTucker wrote:Kitty is another player who like Wayward Son I'd like to see more from going forward and if PD isn't scum they're a candidate for a possible opportunistic vote. Relatively quiet so far and PD is a relatively obvious target at the moment where the reasoning sort of presents itself.
Personally I don't like these kinds of posts. You want to hear
more
from me? Do you have any questions?
In post 332, Wayward Son wrote:@ Malcolm I get the feeling you know I'm wrong on PD, and are throwing shade at the wagon while slightly supporting it. Town read sliding south.
I'm not sure scum comes in and loudly advertises how hopeless they are so early on to be honest. Scum want to blend in typically and Porkens' approach doesn't indicate seamlessly blending in. If they have doubts as to the game and how they should approach things they have a scum thread where they can ask those questions. That they're not indicates they're probably thinking out loud to me. As a result your PD/Porkens solve felt a bit lazy to me, like you felt you needed to have reads beyond PD.

You've posted more now, fine, I was comparing Kitty to my initial read of you where neither player is overtly scummy but you're ISO reads like it could easily be early game cautious mafia trying to blend in without necessarily saying anything controversial.

I'm not trying to throw shade on you or necessarily move away from PD - I've said I think PD's play has been slightly scummy so far, it's just whether that play is actually coming from someone who is scum or if it is coming from someone who's just frustrated. My goal here is to think - would this player approach the game in this way if they were scum? I'm unsure that's the case with PD which is where my doubt is coming from, because their actual content so far has definitely been scummy, hence the initial read.
Malclm clearly never played with scum partners where you beg them not to do something in the scum chat and they do it anyways.

"I want to fake claim Day 1 that i am odd night tracker, even night cop and prime night hider, you think that is a good idea?"
"No"
"yeah, i'm a gonna do it anyways"
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:14 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Erratic or unreliable scum partners do exist but I'm not sure what the benefit of looking so clueless and uncertain from a scum POV on D1 is here. I don't think it's a particularly strong argument for scum Porkens at the moment.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:16 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 362, geraintm wrote:
In post 326, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 311, geraintm wrote:@salsa

I random voted someone

Malcolm comes in shortly after, not realising it was random, and start going "good point, I too found them sus"

Buddying up like that I don't like
The fact I didn't realise it was random is why I thought it was a good point - I didn't like the post from Galron and was simply agreeing with you.
yeah, i aint chaning my opinion of you.
i think your joining me reeks
and framing it like this doesn't put you in any better light.
VOTE: malcolm
I was agreeing with you several posts in during an early phase of the game? It's hardly as if I was exhibiting a consistent pattern of pocketing or attempting to dodge existing suspicion on me by getting you onside. I feel like you've become hyperfocused on one particular post you didn't like and you're now building a scumcase around that.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 363, geraintm wrote:
In post 331, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 326, MalcolmTucker wrote:The fact I didn't realise it was random is why I thought it was a good point - I didn't like the post from Galron and was simply agreeing with you.
I know I touched on this earlier with Geraint, and in the one post where I misunderstood your point. What is wrong with expressing a nightmare scenario? You say you don't like it, can you express why?
i can't see a problem either, and i confess the team listed would be hard for town to beat.
I didn't like it because it felt like the sort of easy throwaway post scum can make that looks insightful at an initial glance but isn't actually saying anything at all of note. "X combo would be hard to beat," sort of expresses an opinion and a view but it's not actually saying anything on the existing gamestate when Galron presumably didn't believe that to be the likely scum combo. And as a result it was an early post that caught my interest.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:18 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 361, geraintm wrote:
In post 324, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Do you think Galron clears Wayward upon wolf flip?
That would be handy.
Thoughts?
wo is this aimed at?
what is a wolf flip?
Werewolf is a variant of mafia so it's basically saying scum flip.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:24 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 364, Greeting wrote:
In post 349, NJAC wrote: So I'm leaning to think you're dumb
Do not use this kind of language.

In post 1, Greeting wrote:
General rules:

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead. Using meta on other players is allowed.
My apologies. I'm still adapting my language to the current meta and new rules of the site.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:33 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 316, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 301, Wayward Son wrote:I have a tinfoil theory. It's Professor and Porkens. (Assuming scum) Professor took a lot of time to defend Porkens. Porkens' "gut" vote on me is an attempt to start a different wagon.

It may be thin, but I see it.
VOTE: ProfessorDrapion
That’s super dumb.
I am town here.

But I’m ok with dying for the record.
Isn't "fine, kill me" a scumtell?
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:33 am

Post by KittyTacky »

This whole string of posts is flaily. Scum flaily.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:34 am

Post by KittyTacky »

If anyone has any questions aimed at me, ask them.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:34 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Don't hesitate. I want to engage more.
~Vasex
~Enchant

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”