Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:48 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I thought I'd do a 'big' post since people have expressed concern for game length. You don't have to read the spoilered bits if you don't want! In this 'readslist', I will give my input into how 'sus' selected players are as we build and reshape this new social hierarchy.

Disclaimer: some of this relies on meta. I've just fully embraced meta now. Sorry BBT and my former self.

Uncrowned
:
Spoiler:
Seems to be exploring the thread really openly, my strongest townread so far. Progression on Roden looks good. There's an offchance they're mafia playing really comfortably but in that scenario they probably drop later so I'm happy to invoke the dreaded 'locktown' status here for the time being.

Petapan
:
Spoiler:
I've gone from scumreading to townreading this player. Early vote hopping with strange poetry was just different from Newbie 2101, but since then they've put out some substantial reads. They also seem not to be S/S with Ircher (yes a pre-flip associative. Tell me and are paired). The read on Titus seems genuine, although I don't agree.

Titus
:
Spoiler:
Town for me. looks towny, as does . I often see pre-flip stuff criticised but I haven't seen it come from mafia all that often (if you have, fine). Also banging on about Ircher 'freezing' looks towny whether Titus is right or wrong. Just the strength of conviction seems genuine to me.

Nero Cain
:
Spoiler:
I found the songs annoying (sorry) but is one of the more genuine posts I've seen all game so far, especially regretting not taking it further. Also Nero feels really similar to Newbie 2101 in this game. Maybe that's just the tone. Still town.

Vivax
:
Spoiler:
This is a slot that I'm townreading based on Open 861: The Turing Test (viewtopic.php?t=89769&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go) - is an example of a more lucid post, which I find towny. Not the strongest read, more of a lean.

RC
:
Spoiler:
Town. Gives early reads, offers to protect Roden (), and also look solvey. Not getting the scumreads here.

Roden
:
Spoiler:
and both townread players (PP and Petapan) for the same reason: being reasonable about something (setup balance and how often to post). I not only don't see the logic, but find it hard to believe this is how Roden gets his reads. The only other read from Roden so far is a complex townlean on Titus (). I'm scumleaning Roden so far, but sometimes they get townier as the game goes on. We'll see.

Ircher
:
Spoiler:
is not an adequate response to being ran up charged with a 'slip'. "4 is pretty typical for a game of this size." from PP lists some 4-scum large games, so I was probably mistaken in thinking 5 was more typical. However, my response to is that I want to vote Ircher again and see if it does anything. Quoting the word 'guess' in Lukewarm's post is obviously a conscious decision, but it hasn't worked on me! As for the vote on Vivax, it's partly the destination of the vote, but also the reasoning given that I don't like - "but Vivax is sticking out like a sore thumb." This can mean 2 things: 1) Vivax is obvious mafia, or 2) Vivax is playing weirdly. I interpreted it the 2nd way, which never feels like the most compelling reason for a scumread and it's a reason I often see mafia give.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:50 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

^I thought these were the kind of 'main characters' lately, let me know who else you want me to feature!
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by Vivax »

Can‘t stop staring at uncrowned avi‘s, zooming in n out wondering what kinda creature that is with such a name. Looks like a mutant cat that someone stepped on, but luckily PETA is here to find the culprit.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'M GREEN!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

dw, some of those songs did suck. I was just typing in work on youtube and that's what came up
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think Vivax seems way more fluffy here than he did in Turing Test. I will use 300% productivity to kill him but I guess we are doing Ircher today wich is ok, I could see it.

Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:20 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 555, Nero Cain wrote:I think Vivax seems way more fluffy here than he did in Turing Test. I will use 300% productivity to kill him but I guess we are doing Ircher today wich is ok, I could see it.
You lowkey have hidden desires to kill fluffy things? Gotchilla
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:21 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 552, Vivax wrote:Can‘t stop staring at uncrowned avi‘s, zooming in n out wondering what kinda creature that is with such a name. Looks like a mutant cat that someone stepped on, but luckily PETA is here to find the culprit.
BRO ITS SO FUCKING CUTE

it's a sable theyre beautiful lil long bois
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

or maybe idk, damn malfunctioning blaster

Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:26 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 551, furtiveglance wrote:^I thought these were the kind of 'main characters' lately, let me know who else you want me to feature!
fire
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

its a brown panda!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

its a brown panda!

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:38 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 559, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 551, furtiveglance wrote:^I thought these were the kind of 'main characters' lately, let me know who else you want me to feature!
fire
For a second I thought you meant this line was fire from me. Never mind, I forgot Fire and I needed some kind of 'inspection'.

Background to this one is Turing Test obviously. If you go and read the dead thread, I was convinced that Fire was the last mafia until the last day, and so was at least one other player. Initially in this game I kind of scumleaned Fire at first, for the comment about posting too much, I've never really cared about post count. You mentioned already, in hindsight idk how scummy it is. Fire is quite a stream of consciousness-y player as town. is a bit early to townread me, I'm not sure I really had memed as much as Turing Test at that point. Actually there are a few posts. one of the most towny posts I can point to.

Basically to conclude, Fire isn't quite a strong townread yet but could become one with time. Not a major suspect either. I suppose this is more a townlean than a null, I hate nulling players.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:14 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.06

with 21 votes in play, it takes 11 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-09-29 01:45:00).

firing
Ircher [9]:
mastina, Lukewarm, Titus, furtiveglance, Ausuka, RCEnigma, Klick, BlueBloodedToffee, Vivax
Ydrasse [5]:
Roden, Andresvmb, jjh927, PenguinPower, Nero Cain
Uncrowned [2]:
fireisredsir, Ydrasse
Titus [2]:
petapan, Malakittens
petapan [1]:
Something_Smart
Vivax [1]:
Ircher
Roden [1]:
Uncrowned

not voting [0]:

mod notes~ i am using a vote counter, let me know if there are any mistakes.
~ this is a mod note.

flavourImage

flavour
now playing...
Zdravko Čolić - Pusti, pusti modu

▶ ❚❚ ───────────────●──────────────  2:02 / 3:52
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:31 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Heartbroken.

Spoiler:

Relegated to a supporting role :cry:
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:45 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I always have had a little bit of main character syndrome ngl
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:28 am

Post by jjh927 »

As a useful reference, my true entrance will be in about 4 hours when I'm off work.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Titus »

Looking forward to it jjh.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:34 am

Post by petapan »

In post 544, Ausuka wrote:isn't bad vibes just scumreads
i'm playing semantics but my intention wit using "vibes" rather than "reads" was to emphasize that these are mostly loose instinctual feelings rather than reasoned conclusions i feel strongly about because hey it's really early

In post 550, furtiveglance wrote:I've gone from scumreading to townreading this player.
Early vote hopping with strange poetry was just different from Newbie 2101
, but since then they've put out some substantial reads. They also seem not to be S/S with Ircher (yes a pre-flip associative. Tell me 485 and 502 are paired). The read on Titus seems genuine, although I don't agree.
lol you're precious for so many reasons
In post 564, Lukewarm wrote:
Heartbroken.

Spoiler:

you're the one who chose a fluffy mascot character as an avatar, seems like you cosigned yourself to that role
free crypto
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Ydrasse »

I could put ircher on e-1
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Ydrasse »

I have that power
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 564, Lukewarm wrote:
Heartbroken.

Spoiler:

don't be riku next time then
<(") | (")>
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Ydrasse »

s_s, furtive, klick, peta (..?), uncrowned (.....?)

i work with these as main comfy town for now

UNVOTE:
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Ydrasse »

I feel like even if ircher is wolf this wagon is bad news bears

feels super easy to jump on and push because everyone want to be smart if town and catch the slip and wolf can jump on momentum without having to do much and get credit

need make sure everyone explicitly say why they vote ircher if not just for slip than for which of posts (should be easy since few)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Uncrowned »

im pretty sure we can just solidify that anyone voting after the slip got called out should not really be given towncred if ircher flips red

also what changed your mind on me because my posting has remained relatively the same and i'm now a somewhat (?) townread of yours

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”