ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:17 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

Maybe Malcolm and Gera are both town.
I mean if my current thoughts are accurate and solve then they are.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:41 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 433, NJAC wrote:
In post 419, geraintm wrote:
In post 402, NJAC wrote:
In post 398, geraintm wrote:
In post 375, NJAC wrote:@geraintm:
Do you think that what you said in 365 could apply to ProfessorDrapion's claim?
I had to go back and find thr claim, I hadn't noticed it.

Note for self" professor has claimed some odd roll linked to Doc

But yeah....does have the feels of "clever as a bag of hammers scum claim" :)
So you're saying that you're not focused enough on the game to notice his claim?

What's your current read on Professor?
pretty much. i have a tendency when catching up overnight to skip most of the posts and look for my name. if others had made abigger deal of it at the time i woul dhave been more likely to notice
Okay. Now please answer my second question.
i cant remember having any opinion on them
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:41 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 434, NJAC wrote:I'm also interested in who is Crescent going to vote, btw.
they wont vote
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:41 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 435, NJAC wrote:@geraintm I think your case on Malcolm is going nowhere, who else are you considering to vote?
does it matter if you dont think anyone else is going to join me?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:43 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 437, Crescent wrote:On a side note I already scumlean Gera. Based on my experiences with him, a specific thread of his behavior in this game is more likely to come from his scumgame. I'll go into details if people want me to.
you can't be right about me everytime you know :)
but please have me down as scum when i am begging to get checked out, because i know at some point later in the game my alignment is going to matter. scum will try and run me up and it will be helpful if they can get called out in the attempt
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:44 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 439, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 426, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 422, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 420, Salsabil Faria wrote:Conftown: Professor (as no cc yet)
He claimed a backup Doctor, I don't see a cc coming. It sounds to me like an easy thing to fake claim.
Yeah, possible.... I usually get cold feet to eliminate someone who claim any role, in D1 specially. On the other hand, scum won't keep a TPR alive, so their claim will be cleared in D2 eventually.
Not necessarily D2!! but if it's a fakeclaim it could be disproved in multiple ways down the line so we table it for now :)
agree with this. early claims by scum just get exposed, they get trapped in their lies or else scum will get rid of them
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:45 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 442, Crescent wrote:Also I just remembered the last time I saw someone voice suspicion of scum Gera day 1 they immediately got shot sooo....

Based on my experience with Gera, the way he has been loosely pushing on Malcolm for most of the day as the only vote on him feels like something that is more likely to come from his scum game. He's also voted the guy twice without even unvoting between those votes, which puts on full display just how long he's truly been at it. Heals hasn't contributed much outside of it.

This goes double if Galron or Wayward is scum, and it goes triple if Malcolm is town on top of that.

Scum Gera's favorite place is be is on a splinter vote that shows no signs of going anywhere, where he can nestle himself away and avoid the trains that actually matter. I called him out on this in 240 when I was zoning in on him, too.
have you played a game with me when i am not scum? what are my early game voting patterns like in those? i'd hazard they are awfully similar.
it is mid game where my scum votes come to the fore, not now
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:48 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 446, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 442, Crescent wrote:Also I just remembered the last time I saw someone voice suspicion of scum Gera day 1 they immediately got shot sooo....

Based on my experience with Gera, the way he has been loosely pushing on Malcolm for most of the day as the only vote on him feels like something that is more likely to come from his scum game. He's also voted the guy twice without even unvoting between those votes, which puts on full display just how long he's truly been at it. Heals hasn't contributed much outside of it.

This goes double if Galron or Wayward is scum, and it goes triple if Malcolm is town on top of that.

Scum Gera's favorite place is be is on a splinter vote that shows no signs of going anywhere, where he can nestle himself away and avoid the trains that actually matter. I called him out on this in 240 when I was zoning in on him, too.
In that case will you consider
geraintm
signaling the scumteam to nk you in as a traitor (if we consider we have a traitor in this 11 players game) or just signaling the scumteam as per wiki, scumteam don't know who is the traitor?

From wiki⇨
A Traitor is considered Normal on mafiascum.net, as long as it:

•is Mafia-aligned
•knows the identities of all of the Mafia team
•identity is not known by the Mafia team, although they should know a Traitor exists
•cannot be recruited to join the rest of the Mafia team, and (unless Bulletproof) is killed if shot
•is endgamed if all other Mafia are dead
•gives a "guilty" result to Cops, an "innocent" result to Gunsmiths, and a "Traitor" result to Role Cops
, because
you know i do this sort of thing semi regularly? any game i am in with not mafia i would want them solved as town night one too, because their continued existence for town in the game is just too problematic for town to deal with later?

as town, i would basically want myself to be checked out every single game for both selfish reasons and also because i know i can when town cause other town problems reading me.

after that i want people who if they stay in the game like not mafia to be sovled, because else you are just postponing when you do it.

after that, i would want players i would fear as storng potential scum to be solved.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:49 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 450, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Maybe Malcolm and Gera are both town.
I mean if my current thoughts are accurate and solve then they are.
if your current thoughts are accurate then you are just damn straight lucky
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:53 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 456, geraintm wrote:

have you played a game with me when i am not scum? what are my early game voting patterns like in those? i'd hazard they are awfully similar.
it is mid game where my scum votes come to the fore, not now
For what it's worth we've only played twice together and the first time round you were basically not wanting to participate D1 because you found it a bit useless. I can't remember much about last time albeit you were definitely a bit more engaged. Tonally I don't think you particularly stand out either way - your early posts were screaming townie but your continued push on me for the simple crime of (I thought at the time) agreeing with you is really odd.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:55 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 453, geraintm wrote:
In post 435, NJAC wrote:@geraintm I think your case on Malcolm is going nowhere, who else are you considering to vote?
It surely matters if you're going to sit on a wagon nobody else is interested in pursuing to make it look like a committed town read because as Crescent has suggested it's a way for scum to avoid having to make miseliminations. If your read on me was solid I'd at least understand it but your scumread is quite frankly not very good and I think it's right for other players to begin to wonder what angle you're pursuing it from if you have little interest in eliminating anyone else.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:58 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 421, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 418, Salsabil Faria wrote:Why Malcolm? I find them townie tbh.
Just that little spat we had. After reading their ISO, I doubt they're scum.
This caught my eye as a bit of an odd post - I believe Wayward TR'd me early on, they then hint I could be scum, but quickly back away from the possibility once they're asked to provide reasoning for it.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:01 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Galron is an odd one - I don't think they've contributed much so far and their reasoning when they have made reads has been pretty poor or meh, but by the same token I feel like Galron's posting can generally be quite sparse and hard to read in a way which can make them an easy target for miselimination. I'm sort of undecided there at the moment.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:02 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I do TR everyone on the Galron wagon though which makes me think it's less likely that said wagon is being scum-driven for the aforementioned possible miselimination.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 417, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 408, Porkens wrote:I really think wayward is scum. Plz ISO and confirm.
Shouldn’t
you
do that? It's your read on them after-all.
Their ISO is my case. Don’t be lazy.

I have another scumread I’ll keep in my pocket for now.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:12 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 460, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 453, geraintm wrote:
It surely matters if you're going to sit on a wagon nobody else is interested in pursuing to make it look like a committed town read because as Crescent has suggested it's a way for scum to avoid having to make miseliminations. If your read on me was solid I'd at least understand it but your scumread is quite frankly not very good and I think it's right for other players to begin to wonder what angle you're pursuing it from if you have little interest in eliminating anyone else.
I'm not going to jump to a wagon unless I think they are more likely to be scum. Its day 1, I'm happy with no elimination
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Galron »

In post 462, MalcolmTucker wrote:Galron is an odd one - I don't think they've contributed much so far and their reasoning when they have made reads has been pretty poor or meh, but by the same token I feel like Galron's posting can generally be quite sparse and hard to read in a way which can make them an easy target for miselimination. I'm sort of undecided there at the moment.
This is pretty waffle-y. Have you seen my scum game?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 406, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 404, Shiidaji wrote:Okay. Who should we lim today then? Imagine you get two vig shots to play with again.
NJAC and Wayward.
I can get behind a Wayward vote, not NJAC. Looking at their ISOs in tandem, NJAC's 261 doesn't feel like a buddy interaction to me but obviously it could be faked. Wayward's 125 could feasibly be a weirdly written buspost since it undermines NJAC without committing to calling them out too much, whereas Wayward's 410 addressed to Drapion doesn't.
In post 429, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 387, Shiidaji wrote: Little impression of Kitty based on his posts on page 12 and successive Drapion vote. "Vote not final but" in post 300 sounds a little self-conscious coming from a direct personality like Kitty which is the only thing that stuck out to me.
Just because I am diect doesn't mean I should lie about how sure I am of my reads.
Nah I get it. I don't know you that well yet so I'm just going off of what I have :D

From our short time in this village together I can see the tunnel coming from both town and scum Ger. I agree that they've been zero'd in on Malcolm for the majority of the day and that's a great coasting strat from scum, but my gut tells me he's town. I'm keeping him in my trust bin right now.
In post 445, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 440, Crescent wrote:The tinfoil hat theory for me at the moment is he actually is town backup doctor but the doctor he's backing up is scum. Pretty sure MNs allow for backups to be different alignments than the role they're backing up?

Last time I metaed something like that it was horribly wrong though, so...
Oh yes, I completely forget about the fact that scum also can have doctor (
Professor
goes to my null-list). There was one game where all the 3 scums were doctor, can't remember if it was a normal game but total amount of players were 13, so most probably it was a mini-normal game.

But to answer to your question, I don’t think there is any mix-matched role available in normal games, never see one yet. Either
Professor
is a town-backup doctor or scum-backup doctor.
Or any other scum role. I liked their response to me in 403 tho so right now I'm operating on Drapion being town.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Galron »

In post 461, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 421, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 418, Salsabil Faria wrote:Why Malcolm? I find them townie tbh.
Just that little spat we had. After reading their ISO, I doubt they're scum.
This caught my eye as a bit of an odd post - I believe Wayward TR'd me early on, they then hint I could be scum, but quickly back away from the possibility once they're asked to provide reasoning for it.
Why don't you believe that they ISO'd you and changed their mind?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 462, MalcolmTucker wrote:Galron is an odd one - I don't think they've contributed much so far and their reasoning when they have made reads has been pretty poor or meh, but by the same token I feel like Galron's posting can generally be quite sparse and hard to read in a way which can make them an easy target for miselimination. I'm sort of undecided there at the moment.
In post 463, MalcolmTucker wrote:I do TR everyone on the Galron wagon though which makes me think it's less likely that said wagon is being scum-driven for the aforementioned possible miselimination.
Yeah, this is about where my headspace is at w/r/t Galron :cop: :cop: I voted him while he was in my low-null pile to get some kind of reaction convo going since he was online within the last hour. He's posting as I'm writing this so I'll let it simmer.

I'm gonna have limited access starting this evenin thru the weekend (friend sleepover!!) so I'll draw my thoughts out of my mind and share them now along with my vote ideas. I'll have my phone and check in from the restroom if I think of something fun to say.

@Wayward do you maybe TR Kitty?

@Crescent I feel like post 465 is an example of town Ger, unless he has one or more buddies as the main wagons rn. Honestly I forgot about no lim lol
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:36 am

Post by Galron »

In post 430, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 390, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 373, KittyTacky wrote:If anyone has any questions aimed at me, ask them.
Wanna vote Galron with us?
After he answers my question.
Kitty if you're talking about a question you had previously posed I can't seem to find it. I feel I'm being gaslighted.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Shiidaji »

To some extent I have townreads on Malcolm, NJAC, Salsa, Ger, Porkens, and Drapion. I'm leaving Crescent in centerfield. That leaves Wayward, Kitty, and Galron who all have leaned null to scum for me recently, I'm fine with pressure on any of these characters.

After reading the three of their ISO's (+ Cres) I have some scum combinations in my mind. For now what I'll say is I feel like wayward-galron could have some credibility, since scum!wayward with a Galron buddy is in a tough spot. Galron's the other wagon, and scum!wayward has admitted they find galron kinda scummy but hasn't voted yet. Wayward has voted Drapion in 301 before, so it's not like Wayward is reserving their vote for the end of the day like some players. Potentially waiting for another opportunity to present itself (e.g. a Malcolm wagon)

Kitty's in a spot where I feel like he could fit in any scum pairing if he's scum, excepting maybe galron since 430, 431 don't feel like a buddy interaction. His recent postblock of 427 - 432 is neutral to me and fits his MO as either alignment. 427 from the perspective of scum kitty and town drapion could be a very simple indicator of "I want to leave this mislim open for later so let's cast doubt on the claim" but my initial reaction to the claim was basically the same so. eh. eh!

In any case I will happily put my weight behind either wagon atm.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Galron »

In post 431, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 384, Galron wrote:Oh yeah I'm here just haven't felt like playing.

UNVOTE: wayward was rvs. Probably voting Drap or maybe Malcom today.
Why Malcolm?
I'm not really seeing a process there. And there's a whole lot of "well you seem like you could be town or scum" and that doesn't really sit well. There was a post or two wrt geraintm where he had expressed a hard town read and then rolled it back the more he got into the post.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Galron »

Shidaji seems to be pairing me up with several people and I don't like it.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 472, Galron wrote:
In post 431, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 384, Galron wrote:Oh yeah I'm here just haven't felt like playing.

UNVOTE: wayward was rvs. Probably voting Drap or maybe Malcom today.
Why Malcolm?
I'm not really seeing a process there. And there's a whole lot of "well you seem like you could be town or scum" and that doesn't really sit well. There was a post or two wrt geraintm where he had expressed a hard town read and then rolled it back the more he got into the post.
The brunt of my Malcolm read is from his process. In that often when he posts it's points that mirror my thinking. I agree with him a lot is what I'm saying!!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”