Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #5925 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:12 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5924, GuiltyLion wrote:the vote with "I'll explain later" (aka the "2 points isn't 2 points" method) reaallyyy doesn't vibe to me like an agendapost
sorry, the what method?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5926 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5927 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

but yeah basically I didn't think Relly would drop a somewhat random vote on his partner with no explanation while promising explanation later, just doesn't strike me as how someone with a scum mindset would play that
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5928 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Datisi »

lmfao okay, i thought it was a Hot New Mafia Term that i wasn't aware of

i did note in my mind that if irrel is scum, then he spent a decent amount of time day one loldistancing with his buddies (vpb, gamma), which like, i don't know *why* you'd do that and irrel doesn't strike me as a player who would prioritize something like that as scum

i guess? i'm fine leaving shea alone for now, especially if the majority also says so
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5929 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3114, Datisi wrote:s_s can you blease give me some scumreads or some opinions on ausuka's case on me or something idk
oh look, almost 3k posts later and nothing has changed
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5930 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I just don't know why you can't get a town read on me. In the case of Rellys interaction with VBP and especially in the case of my interaction with gamma it requires you to take an uncharitable and extremely unlikely view of my play rather than the one that is most likely.

Like yeah, is it possible I replaced into a game, saw one buddy was dead and decided by best play was to spend literally all day coming back to my other partner and trying to bring them back to light when no one was talking about them and trying to get people to interact with my meta analysis of them that I did as a bus? Yeah I guess that's possible, anything is possible. But it is extremely bizarre to me that you seem to think thats the most likely scenario to the point of putting me in a scum team guess.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5931 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like ISO my day 2 play and tell me with a straight face you think I was bussing gamma.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5932 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 5923, Datisi wrote:tldr on your fire scumread?
Boy just don't feel right.

I'm hoping to find more concrete reasons than that when I ISO with gamma in mind later today. But I'm actually quite busy today so I'm not sure I'll get to it.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5933 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Datisi »

why do you care so much to change my mind

i said i'm not voting you today
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5934 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 5933, Datisi wrote:why do you care so much to change my mind

i said i'm not voting you today
Because I think you viewing me as scum in your mind is coloring your other perceptions of the game. And also I just don't like being scum read.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5935 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like quite frankly I think your scum team guess is comical and I can only see you coming up with that guess if you're just completely miscalibrated.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5936 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

idk, I sorta feel like the "town" reaction to getting a gulity on you is "mo I'm not scum YOU are scum!" and "this player is game throwing" is a bit on the scummy side.

He's also not whining about me scumreading him :P
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5937 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

im also fine with an SS flip b/c his lack of game participation was eh and if he's a misflip its his own fault
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5938 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Something_Smart »

False.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5939 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5904, Datisi wrote:
In post 5901, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5895, Datisi wrote:and i am annoyed that after about 2 ingame days, i have nothing to read s_s for either way
well be the change you wish to see in the world? what could I do to help you read me better?
i don't know

do some analysis of the flipped scum's iso? of the wagons on them? the ones they were pushing? give me a confident scumread? a poe? SOMETHING that i can look at and know what you're thinking about?
s_s, i assume you've been working on at least SOME of this in the past hour and a half, correct?
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5940 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:07 am

No, I've been working on work because I'm at work, lol.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5941 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Datisi »

lame

when can i expect the content from you? i don't want you stalling out on it
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5942 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:10 am

Maybe later today. It's not going to change your mind though, so I wouldn't wait up for it.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5943 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Datisi »

ok, i'm up to page 147 in my ~reread~, taking a break

s_s, why do you think it's not going to change my mind?
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5944 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:53 am

That kind of analysis is not my strong suit, and the kind of logic I apply while doing it isn't really hard to replicate as scum.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5945 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Datisi »

okay, then do something that is hard for you to replicate as scum? what is your strong suit?
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5946 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Frogsterking »

S_S and Datisi, would you say HDP is pretty indicative of S_S scum range or is it kind of an off game? I'm about ~55 pages in, no spoilers please :P
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5947 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:00 am

In post 5945, Datisi wrote:okay, then do something that is hard for you to replicate as scum?
*gestures at my ISO*
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5948 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:01 am

In post 5946, Frogsterking wrote:S_S and Datisi, would you say HDP is pretty indicative of S_S scum range or is it kind of an off game?
HDP was my second-strongest scumgame to date, at least in terms of how I felt about my play. It was a far better showing than my typical scumgame.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5949 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5947, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5945, Datisi wrote:okay, then do something that is hard for you to replicate as scum?
*gestures at my ISO*
what about your play this game is hard for you to replicate as scum?
~M

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”