Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #6075 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6074, fireisredsir wrote:we're talking about word tells?

time to go check how many times skitter said ping...

jk i actually did that early lmao
did you run my posts through a sentiment analyzer, tho
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6076 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:07 am

Post by fireisredsir »

what's up im here now if you have questions or whatever
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6077 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6075, Datisi wrote:

thankfully scamper made sure i don't need to resort to such measures
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6078 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6075, Datisi wrote:

I will be capable of doing that
Soon
:D
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6079 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Has anyone looked at fireisred/gamma interactions yet?

I am going to do that at some point today (realistically probably late tonight) but I'm thinking about a fire vote myself due to lack of appealing options elsewhere currently and it feels like fire's wim has kinda gone down as the game has gone on

fire what are your overall opinions on the GammaTweet lim, like do you think that was all town and scum got caught off guard or do you think there's any scum who were angling to look good off it
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6080 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:10 am

Post by Datisi »

frogsterking is mygreatbluebedroom confirmed?!?!?!?!?!?!
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6081 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6071, Dannflor wrote:I feel like maybe you're hinting at being more susceptible to playing like the thread wants you to play as mafia?

If you're so self-aware of this idk how much it helps really though
Yes, but specifically I wanted to see if it was something you caught onto. I did this in both HDP and RC's uPick-- "I'm gonna break out of my noncommittal meta and MAKE SOME READS"-- and if you had explicitly pointed that out I probably would have tossed you a sizable +town.

And, I agree with you that it's not going to be relevant from now on, since I am aware of it. Which is good, because I'm considering doing it, but for real this time.

Reading back's gonna be pretty hard, though. Usually I do a lot of my deep reading during downtime at work, but I'm having a relatively stressful and busy week at work, so it'll be harder for me to do that. (Shouldn't affect lighter real-time interactions, as you can see.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6082 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5948, Something_Smart wrote:HDP was my second-strongest scumgame to date,
The
Tinfoil
is getting Real with S_S though :eek: :eek:
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6083 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6080, Datisi wrote:frogsterking is mygreatbluebedroom confirmed?!?!?!?!?!?!
AAAAH my secrets, nooo!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6084 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm not sure why that would've meant I'm more likely to be town tbh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6085 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Did Skitter use the word ping here?!?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6086 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6079, GuiltyLion wrote:Has anyone looked at fireisred/gamma interactions yet?

I am going to do that at some point today (realistically probably late tonight) but I'm thinking about a fire vote myself due to lack of appealing options elsewhere currently and it feels like fire's wim has kinda gone down as the game has gone on

fire what are your overall opinions on the GammaTweet lim, like do you think that was all town and scum got caught off guard or do you think there's any scum who were angling to look good off it
i ctrl+f'ed "gamma" and "tweet" in fire's iso before, i did so again now, and there's just... not much there?

there is one vote on gamma sometime on d1 (@fireisredsir if you could recall why you were voting there, that'd be helpful), but other than that, fire>gamma interactions seem really bland

the only thing that kinda stands out to me was fire's "idk don't shoot gamma i think but idk" posting around the time we were talking about leashing vigilantes, but eh

not strong in either way, i think
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6087 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

gamma > fire is a little more revealing

there is a *really* bad town read on fire that I am still going back and forth on
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6088 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6084, Dannflor wrote:I'm not sure why that would've meant I'm more likely to be town tbh
well, because I think you unvoted at a very weird and potentially performative time. that would be a great time as scum to go "oh look I'm unvoting the widely scumread townie to give him some more space" knowing that he's probably gonna die anyway. And your reasoning was okay, but if it had been that specific thing (that didn't really occur to me until just now), it would have felt like a much stronger (and correct) argument, showing you put real thought into it instead of just looking for an excuse to WK.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6089 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

y Dann?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6090 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6079, GuiltyLion wrote: fire what are your overall opinions on the GammaTweet lim, like do you think that was all town and scum got caught off guard or do you think there's any scum who were angling to look good off it
mmm it felt pretty good to me? i think its possible that there's a scum who did try to look good off it, i can go reread that section to see if anything stands out, but i kinda feel like that's skipping over the section of people who are maybe more obvious and i am not very interested in doing that ig
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6091 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6085, Nero Cain wrote:Did Skitter use the word ping here?!?
yes but only once!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6092 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Okay finally here's something concrete-ish from HDP:
In post 2784, Something_Smart wrote:Norwee shows interest in Datisi:
In post 1235, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I kinda want to townread Datisi just for that post alone.
In post 1237, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Would you want to propose to me dearest Datisi?
In post 1241, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Did you show up because i was seducing Datisi.
But posts this while Datisi is still available:
In post 1338, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think the last slot here i actively want to pair with is Marcistar. :v
When asked who he wants to pair with:
In post 1445, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Marcistar.
Some flirting
In post 1795, marcistar wrote:
In post 1542, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Who am i to solve the game without your guidance.
if i proposed would u help me solve t-t
In post 1804, marcistar wrote:
In post 1802, Datisi wrote:i don't know, probably? to be fair i've read his recent meltdown and i got a bit of a feeling it's a townie one, so /shrug
do u think he would be a good partner for me? :?
In post 1829, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1823, NorwegianboyEE wrote:i could never get mad at you Marcistar
This isn't something i say lightly btw.
I'm probably more interested in the personality of people i play with than their alignment. So i definitely know who i'm gonna get along with and who i'm not.
Marci meanwhile proposes to LLD, then GL, and finally Norwee. If they are both scum and planned on pairing together, then the plan sure didn't go back very far. But it looks like Norwee was angling to pair with marci early on.
Looks kinda "solvey"

Maybe comparable to what S_S wrote on Dease early in this game.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6093 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6086, Datisi wrote:there is one vote on gamma sometime on d1 (@fireisredsir if you could recall why you were voting there, that'd be helpful), but other than that, fire>gamma interactions seem really bland
yes, i thought that the eiralox vote needing to be explained later was awful, ill go pull the quotes
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6094 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

I would still probably go back to obscure/Menalque

the calmness with which he faced that reaction test felt... not entirely genuine to me. I understand others don't see it that way

I'm mostly just waiting for Menalque to do something actually potentially alignment indicative
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6095 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Datisi »

i'm waiting for
(1) mena to do something ai
(2) s_s to give a read on him
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6096 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I feel like I remember SS doing more than this in Dogs V Cats though but maybe I'm misremembering.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6097 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

im waiting to hammer someone and a hamburger

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6098 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:25 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1438, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: eiralox
idrg what this wagon is about but I'll give it a try
In post 1442, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'll explain the vote later
and I don't fault you for not remembering anything I've done, I've not really tried to do much because it's not my MO in large games to actually do a lot early
ok so gamma says this

and basically eira has done nothing at this point and is getting replaced so there was no reason to delay explanation so this just seemed extremely fake to me. i did not believe that there was genuinely a reason that gamma could have that would not need to be explained right away (see )

relly then did this:
In post 1508, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: Gamma will explain when I have more time
which i thought was clearly referencing the "will explain later" from gamma that made no sense and so i was like "ok yes, nice, let's do this" and voted gamma

and then relly's explanation later in just felt kinda flat and wasn't at all what i thought it was so that was kinda weird btw

later gamma's explanation seemed kinda bad but idk i started to doubt myself eventually bc i felt like i scumread gamma for similar things in frenemies
In post 1756, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1750, fireisredsir wrote:gamma can you explain more now why you wanted to wait to explain your eiralox vote?
Yeah I was hoping to pressure Eiralox but failed to remember he was getting replaced
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6099 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't think any of that should be particularly clearing for me tbh but you asked so

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”