Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #6100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't think it's clearing, no

we know vpb noticed that gamma voting eira was A Shit Move, so if you're scum i don't see a reason you don't notice that either

that said, i am kiiind of having a hard time imagining scum!vp telling scum!gamma that her vote on scum!eira is shit, so like idk?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6101 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

My opinion is that all three of the "scummy" category (S_S, Dann, Shea) are actually Town, and there is at least one scum hiding in the "Null" category (Obscure...) and probably one scum who was on Tweet.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6102 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6079, GuiltyLion wrote:Has anyone looked at fireisred/gamma interactions yet?

I am going to do that at some point today (realistically probably late tonight) but I'm thinking about a fire vote myself due to lack of appealing options elsewhere currently and it feels like fire's wim has kinda gone down as the game has gone on

fire what are your overall opinions on the GammaTweet lim, like do you think that was all town and scum got caught off guard or do you think there's any scum who were angling to look good off it
i looked at it early, fire voted gamma early and then back down, they wound up townreading each other later and not interacting much

nothing really concrete
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6103 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I think that the D1 Towncore was probably all-town *squints at Dease* and scum were able to avoid landing at the
very
bottom of the PoE
sort of
but haven't been able to do any more than that all game, and have been harassed fairly heavily. I've been voting Menalque for a long time if anyone would like to test my theory.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6104 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

[s_s, fire, guilty, mena, frogster, deas]

find town in here game easy
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6105 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5886, Thestatusquo wrote:I kind of half want scamper to claim the real target since I assume it's a clear on a generally ??? slot and my PoE is getting tighter.
In post 5887, Thestatusquo wrote:Unless the gunsmith thing was also just fake. I suppose thats actually probably more likely. Hard to know where the real ends and the reaction test begins.
i dont actually have a n2 result. if people really want to alleviate the ~burning air of mystery~ i can just claim if its deemed necessary
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6106 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6098, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1442, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'll explain the vote later
and I don't fault you for not remembering anything I've done, I've not really tried to do much because it's not my MO in large games to actually do a lot early
ok so gamma says this

and basically eira has done nothing at this point and is getting replaced so there was no reason to delay explanation so this just seemed extremely fake to me. i did not believe that there was genuinely a reason that gamma could have that would not need to be explained right away (see )

relly then did this:
In post 1508, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: Gamma will explain when I have more time
which i thought was clearly referencing the "will explain later" from gamma that made no sense and so i was like "ok yes, nice, let's do this" and voted gamma

and then relly's explanation later in just felt kinda flat and wasn't at all what i thought it was so that was kinda weird btw

later gamma's explanation seemed kinda bad but idk i started to doubt myself eventually bc i felt like i scumread gamma for similar things in frenemies
oooo this is a good catch

the danger of doing ISOs and not a full context read... I did not pick up that Relly's vote may have been a jab at Gamma
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6107 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually yeah that whole sequence is probably very +town for Dann
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

whats so good about it?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

rereading the section after MT replaced in

+town to nero obv for the continued pressure with good reasoning

+town to dann for not really letting up and keeping questioning her, plus the way she talks about him kinda feels like she knows he's town?

deas... not sure. i would like to believe that he's just town who was right on gamma and probably on SS too. i think if for some reason he was bussing gamma then he would be likely to continue in the manner that he did. im not gonna give him minus points for not doing the fairly natural town thing of kinda stepping back and giving the replacement a slightly clean slate, bc his approach was correct and probably just better in general, but i think it does differ a little bit from how others approached it. fine with treating as town for now anyway

+scum to shea for the immediate pushback on people voting tweet while also framing the narrative to be that he was right all along but people just wouldn't listen in . don't care if he says nobody is ever allowed to think that he might be willing to push a partner who is unlikely to live to elo anyway. that post is scummy. so is .

i think maybe the most interesting thing is seeing the part where there's sort of a consensus agreement that tweet is scummy, and then GL starts pushing obscure and ausuka cases me and... we end up back on tweet. whoever was key in moving things back to tweet there is probably the towniest fmpov, since scum had multiple other directions to go (at least one, obscure could be scum ig, but why not bus the inactive slot). ok now that ive said that, continuing to read

aaand it's dann. immediately votes tweet after the case on me drops when he 100% easily could have tried to help shift momentum to me. dann is probably just town

deas pushed back directly on the GL obscure case. if he's bussing, he really is dedicated to getting gamma flipped.

shea then votes tweet instead of following the ausuka case so he can also have some townpoints (as a treat). i think once dann and deas stick on tweet tho the writing is kinda on the wall already

shea's suspicion of frog also kinda scummy ughhh i don't want to talk about shea i don't have the energy for that

ok after this i went and reread shea's iso for how he handled gamma and while i do think that the constant insistence on making sure everyone knows exactly how much he's always wanted gamma elimmed and everyone told him no is weird, i don't think it's an especially likely path to take as scum so he's probably town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6104, Ydrasse wrote:[s_s, fire, guilty, mena, frogster, deas]

find town in here game easy
it me

it probably frog

it hopefully deas

it hopefully guilty

is that too many
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Nero - when I had just ISO'd Irrelephant and ctrl+F'd gamma, I thought it was unlikely that he would drop a vote on a teammate and say "will explain later" as I virtually never see scum do that and it doesn't suit any tangible agenda

given the fuller context that
Gamma
had actually already done similar, if Relly was just trying to meme on her with the vote, it creates a possible explanation of scum being cheeky with their vote on a buddy. even regardless of Relly's alignment it explains where the motivation for that phrasing comes from, which makes it a bad reason to TR that interaction
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i thought at the time that irrel was referencing gamma in phrasing it that way but the fact that he never brought that up again makes me less sure of it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i feel better about voting obscure/mena after rereading some btw
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6109, fireisredsir wrote:ok after this i went and reread shea's iso for how he handled gamma and while i do think that the constant insistence on making sure everyone knows exactly how much he's always wanted gamma elimmed and everyone told him no is weird, i don't think it's an especially likely path to take as scum so he's probably town
when I was rereading this earlier I also noticed shea was fairly vote-hoppy despite claiming to scumread Gamma throughout, they vote Smart with their first vote, then Gamma quickly after, then themselves in a fit of AtE (but saying to still look at Gamma after they die - could be WIFOM), then DV, then Fire, then obscure...

so I dunno, I don't think it's as hard of a bus as TSQ implies
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5928, Datisi wrote:lmfao okay, i thought it was a Hot New Mafia Term that i wasn't aware of

i did note in my mind that if irrel is scum, then he spent a decent amount of time day one loldistancing with his buddies (vpb, gamma), which like, i don't know *why* you'd do that and irrel doesn't strike me as a player who would prioritize something like that as scum

i guess? i'm fine leaving shea alone for now, especially if the majority also says so
he did some token distancing early on in the most recent scum game i could find but it was also from 4 years ago
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6114, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 6109, fireisredsir wrote:ok after this i went and reread shea's iso for how he handled gamma and while i do think that the constant insistence on making sure everyone knows exactly how much he's always wanted gamma elimmed and everyone told him no is weird, i don't think it's an especially likely path to take as scum so he's probably town
when I was rereading this earlier I also noticed shea was fairly vote-hoppy despite claiming to scumread Gamma throughout, they vote Smart with their first vote, then Gamma quickly after, then themselves in a fit of AtE (but saying to still look at Gamma after they die - could be WIFOM), then DV, then Fire, then obscure...

so I dunno, I don't think it's as hard of a bus as TSQ implies
i think that's true but id rather treat him as town for now ig, maybe im just lazy
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5947, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5945, Datisi wrote:okay, then do something that is hard for you to replicate as scum?
*gestures at my ISO*
xcuse me? wut have u done this game that is hard for u to replicate as scum?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by scamper »

i should probably read before replying, nvm that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6116, fireisredsir wrote:i think that's true but id rather treat him as town for now ig, maybe im just lazy
yeah, I mean I think trying to talk yourself into that kind of narrative when there's still compelling off wagon suspects is bad play by the probabilities, I mainly just kinda want to push back on full TSQ townclearing cause I think if we get down to the point in the game where most slots have died off and they're still coasting on "can't be scum with Gamma" you have to look more critically at whether that's really true or not

it's one of those things that's town like 70% of the time but shouldn't be the be all end all if other stuff isn't adding up
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by scamper »

i do not really like the actual reasons in but w/e this probably isnt helpful to talk about
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6119, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 6116, fireisredsir wrote:i think that's true but id rather treat him as town for now ig, maybe im just lazy
yeah, I mean I think trying to talk yourself into that kind of narrative when there's still compelling off wagon suspects is bad play by the probabilities, I mainly just kinda want to push back on full TSQ townclearing cause I think if we get down to the point in the game where most slots have died off and they're still coasting on "can't be scum with Gamma" you have to look more critically at whether that's really true or not

it's one of those things that's town like 70% of the time but shouldn't be the be all end all if other stuff isn't adding up
ok yea cool i support that mindset
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6107, GuiltyLion wrote:actually yeah that whole sequence is probably very +town for Dann
In post 6108, Nero Cain wrote:whats so good about it?
In post 6111, GuiltyLion wrote:@Nero - when I had just ISO'd Irrelephant and ctrl+F'd gamma, I thought it was unlikely that he would drop a vote on a teammate and say "will explain later" as I virtually never see scum do that and it doesn't suit any tangible agenda

given the fuller context that
Gamma
had actually already done similar, if Relly was just trying to meme on her with the vote, it creates a possible explanation of scum being cheeky with their vote on a buddy. even regardless of Relly's alignment it explains where the motivation for that phrasing comes from, which makes it a bad reason to TR that interaction
wait @GL how do these connect
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

is about , not

my thinking in is that bad empty Eiralox vote and Datisi's point in makes me think Gamma/Eiralox is not S-S
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

oh nvm ok you were responding about the good catch

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”