Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6500 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

No one is rushing things. Mena is the one that got to l1 not ss
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6501 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Which one do you really think is town?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6502 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I do feel deep down S_S might be town

even though I have them listed at the bottom of my PoE

part of it is that I've been fooled by them so many times before because they play rather unintuitively as scum. but there have been quite a few moments that have given me pause. still I think my skill at reading them is very bad so I've been largely fine with them being a possible lim. Mena is someone who I see flipping scum more often.

but if my gut gut feelings are right then there is at least one more still hiding (and I also don't think they are scum together that seems rlly unlikely) which means I'm open to exploring other optiosn today

but I feel like I need more to latch onto in order to do that and I'm having trouble figuring out where to start with slots like fire or deasvail or whatever
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6503 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

If Shea is down to hammer Menalque can we off them now instead? Fire is probably beetlejuicing so we have the numbers online now I think.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6504 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I do recall a few times I was pretty certain fire was scum this game

but then it wore off

maybe I should revisit those times and see if they still hold up

I've sort of oscillated between thinking "OH there must be a reason that no one has really found a rock solid reason for Fire to be obv town yet and it must be that he's scum" and "oh fire's name keeps coming up as a deepwolf because scum need to keep the PoE wider than it should be" and honestly I think fire is an excellent player and a difficult read so part of it is just laziness on my part hoping that he's town and I won't have to deal with second guessing myself
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6505 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6501, Thestatusquo wrote:Which one do you really think is town?
What does one of them have to be town. Assuming this about mena/ss
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6506 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6502, Dannflor wrote:and I also don't think they are scum together that seems rlly unlikely
What makes you say this? I agree it's unlikely in a general probability sense but I don't think I've picked up anything that feels anti-associative between the two and I've been struggling with feeling like I'd probably want to flip both regardless of how the first one flips. I'm curious if you have something more here
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6507 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I would kinda prefer Menalque (or whoever replaces them at this point ig) have a chance to post before offing them?

I mean it's probably not necessary but I feel like the slot has been on anti-spew for so long what with obscure tunelling deasvail and menalque doing nothing that I'd like to see something from the slot
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6508 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm a little tipsy right now so my posts may be unnecessarily verbose for that i apologize
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6509 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Do you guys really feel like all the players that town read gamma are town?

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6510 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6476, Nero Cain wrote:I think you are scummy.
what have I done that's more likely to come from scum than town
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6511 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 6506, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 6502, Dannflor wrote:and I also don't think they are scum together that seems rlly unlikely
What makes you say this? I agree it's unlikely in a general probability sense but I don't think I've picked up anything that feels anti-associative between the two and I've been struggling with feeling like I'd probably want to flip both regardless of how the first one flips. I'm curious if you have something more here
I don't really remember. It's just a feeling I had that I thought I got from something concrete. I'm looking now to see if I can be reminded of it.
In post 3508, Gamma Emerald wrote:scamper town (sticking his neck out for datisi is noteworthy)
ausuka town (has felt genuine throughout the game, that's probably the best way to put it that isn't "vibes")
you town (I think your thought process on me does seem legit)

I've lost confidence in most of my SRs tho so maybe some deeper dives are in order
fire and S_S slot are probably ones I'm most interested in looking at
I did just find this post which I would consider to make a fire/S_S team unlikely here

I guess that is considering there is not a traitor though
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6512 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6510, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6476, Nero Cain wrote:I think you are scummy.
what have I done that's more likely to come from scum than town
Argue in such a way to benefit yourself

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6513 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Did S_S really start posting again once the wagon was starting to swing back towards him? lol I'm feeling this now

VOTE: S_S
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6514 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3509, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2844, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2840, Nero Cain wrote:redfire what are your reads rn?
prob most interested in looking for scum in dann, shea, SS, marci rn. a slight level below that would be xofelf and gamma

strongest TRs on ausuka, scamper, you. not quite as strong on datisi, hem, obscure, ydra, frog. then DV and GL are kinda weak townleans ig

i think thats everyone
okay this is funny
our strongest TRs line up but aside from that there's notable variance
I think I'll pencil in fire as town for this
I keep coming back to this post and feeling like it's more pockety than buddy-y

I know Ausuka thought otherwise but like... I feel like you try harder on your read if you are making a read on a buddy you know?

ime when scum throws out reads on buddies it's usually like... the longest explanation read out of all their reads if that makes sense

this feels more TMI than oh let me find a reason to town read my buddy yknow? and it's not like you'd need a horrible reason like this to town read fire? he's had plenty of towny posts right?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6515 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

S_S is at E-2 by my count
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6516 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Like you know that you are scummy hence why you aren't asking me what's scummy you are trying to frame it in such a way that attempts to nullify your scumminess
You are a claimed vt with no scum reads. I want you dead

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6517 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6497, Thestatusquo wrote:What's the rush, exactly?
The urgency isn't coming from fear it's coming from a desire to get the win down on paper instead of dicking around debating between marginal choices which won't affect the result. Another analogy is that it's like the shift in Magic when you go from being a casual player to a Pro or a Semi-Pro or w.e you're at where you learn to put the opponent out of the game when you have the upper hand instead of trying to reach some fantasy ideal position and wasting time allowing the opponent the chance to eventually draw the specific cards they need to steal the win. You can hammer S_S or w.e and give us the booty dance tomorrow if they're Town and you're playing to your wincon like a semi-Pro instead of a casual because you're moving the scum team one step closer to losing even if technically it wasn't the ideal perfect play to off S_S today.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6518 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3934, obscure wrote:first thought reading S_S ISO is they are highly relatable...

people think that dropping into the game at this point is easy.

who is shea?
In post 3942, obscure wrote:i don't know if it's just a personal thing, but i'm not having a huge issue with S_S. a lot of things i see in their ISO feel relatable on a sub-to-sub basis (IE, expecting to receive a mafia role PM and being glad to not get one) in addition to just trying to grip around for a place to enter into the game. it's possible that more experienced players don't have this feeling to the extent i do, but i don't feel very good voting them for now.

i'm going to look at dan now and see if their suspicion on me seems natural and i jumped at it too fast or not.
I guess this is really the most anti-associative thing I can find between the two slots and its not really that convincing one way or another.

I guess I don't really have a reason for thinking there's only one scum there beyond the fact that it feels too easy? Like wouldn't they be trying to distance more or do more or something? idk I guess it's certainly possible but it's not a solve I'm super happy with
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6519 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:54 pm

In post 6512, Nero Cain wrote:Argue in such a way to benefit yourself
right, I love arguing in a way that gets me killed as town
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6520 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:54 pm

fun fact, I am town, so benefiting me is benefiting the town too
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6521 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:55 pm

In post 6516, Nero Cain wrote:Like you know that you are scummy hence why you aren't asking me what's scummy you are trying to frame it in such a way that attempts to nullify your scumminess
I am literally asking you what's scummy, what are you talking about
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6522 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:56 pm

VOTE: Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6523 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Telling yourself that you are town won't change your pm

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6524 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:58 pm

do you have a rebuttal to any of my posts? or are you just going to concede that they are sound

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”