She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6675 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 6662, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6636, Datisi wrote:amazing
In post 6625, Datisi wrote:s_s voting nero is... interesting, i guess. the "if i wanted to live, why wouldn't i just be pushing menalque" *feels* like it's supposed to be wifom on mena's alignment after s_s flips red. not 100% on that but it feels like a scummy post in my bones. idk if i can explain it but i guess.

i guess i'd like s_s to tell me how sure he really is that nero is scum, and how he thinks scum-nero navigated his two flipped buddies, bc like... i currently think nero looks the best out of all associates-wise.
(this is a reminder not to forget about this once you are done analyzing timestamps)
so you do understand that this was a throwaway vote made because of one thing that rubbed me the wrong way + I wanted to draw attention to his weak-ish arguments + it was the middle of the night + I was in an irritable mood from something else + L + ratio. This was not by any means an elaborate or well-constructed case, it's not a hill I want to die on, but it's the hill I'm on right now.

When doing my funny response time ISO nonsense, I did see some interactions between Nero and flipped scum. I could go back and look at those; were there any particular ones you had in mind as anti-partnery? I do recall from being scum with Nero (a long time ago) that he was pretty good at setting up interactions with his partners that were hard to catch. That was a large game, and he solo endgamed, so people had plenty of opportunity to look through his interactions.
like as an example i get the idea of being just an absolutely irritable, fed up townie (and i am often am under pressure) because wtf else is he supposed to do? i think the uh, whatever number counting thing theory going on lately is pretty petty and not like solvey too but unfortunately s_s is one of the people i think doing it is a bit less ai than the norm

howeeeever. i also think that this defense (it was just an annoyed vote) has the capacity to be wolfy too because it's a lot easier to defend a vote emotionally than it is logically and i think that a wolf!s_s probably is smart enough to know he wouldn't have great logic to defend the vote on its own

so presented: the waffling, an example.

i struggle to find a lot i waffle on wrt mena's slot sans obscure's like... being new here and the emotional aspect but that's still like... not... really defensible beyond my little heartstrings hurting
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6676 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i do think they could be *together* (though lately ive been considering fire > s_s but eh) but between the two s_s feels a bit less of a hit.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6677 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I agree with all that. My only other thought was that alot of the mena wagon was when he was not here and I was a lil sus about it
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6678 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i think a lot of that has to do with people wanting to give him some time to come back and do his thing but when he doesn't... you're kind of stuck with the option of throwing down the vote and seeing if he shows up after because otherwise you just sit there forever for someone who doesn't want to give you anything lol
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6679 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

But apparently I am preventing everyone from doing things
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6680 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I should prob switch it up and get a dancing vader avatar to better represent my dark side powers

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6681 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6675, Ydrasse wrote:howeeeever. i also think that this defense (it was just an annoyed vote) has the capacity to be wolfy too because it's a lot easier to defend a vote emotionally than it is logically and i think that a wolf!s_s probably is smart enough to know he wouldn't have great logic to defend the vote on its own
Sure, I actually agree with all of this. But, I think that if you look at the context, it was really obviously not a logical vote, and I don't think there's ever a world where town-me makes that vote and then, when questioned, goes "ackshually" and pulls out a dissertation on why Nero is the Impostor and should be Ejected.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6682 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i've skimmed some and ultimately i think that it's always fruitful to look elsewhere to better understand the game as a whole but i do not see the game state changing much without a flip in this pool because like.

as it is menalque isn't doing anything to *improve* the state of his wagon/slot and the only way that people will switch, i think, is if there's an active slot *degrading* the contents they post which like... why would they have to, you know? they can just vibe on the fringes and be quiet and not post things that could be scummy and life will go on for a while for them

and it's hard to gauge if this is the case though until post-flip but like idk

i haven't followed as closely as i could but i haven't been struck by someone being so overtly scummy i want them dead this instant and have bounced back and forth on people like fire, who i guess in my head just kind of slots into the place of "yeah wolf"

but then fire posts like "i sus frog a bit" which like yes, same hat, because frog very... mechanical and not in the like mechanics itself sense but more doing this or that and it's a sequence. this is vague but like the point is the fire thing resonated with me, a bit. so i can find points of reference and think oh well, i'm thinking that so maybe a little towny.

idk where i'm going with this tl;dr scummy slot is afk and the people before were afk and it's all zzz
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6683 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:24 am

I also could have just not voted there as scum, if I didn't think I could back it up.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6684 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:25 am

I think Mena being absent is a pretty sizable red flag.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6685 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Did you really back it up though?

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6686 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i was speaking more for like theory's sake than the vote itself

and frankly looking backing the vote feels unnatural to me but i admit i don't know how to read you tonally so it could just be me thinking something feels awkward when to you it's like "god im so annoyed" because you project your feelings a lot more subtly than most people imo
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6687 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

meh skitter/obscure/mena is getting another replacement isn't it
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6688 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Ydrasse »

my tinfoil theory is that menalque is a busy man but also playing a lot less lately and like maybe it's a wolf slot and he's like "okay i can do this" and then he remembers how soulsucking it is to be a wolf lol and then vanishes
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6689 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:31 am

In post 6685, Nero Cain wrote:Did you really back it up though?
If I didn't, that just proves my point more. But I mean, an emotional vote is extremely easy to back up, and a logical vote is much harder. It's not like I would make a vote as scum and then go "oops, now I need an explanation for it". I would already have the explanation in mind when making the vote.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6690 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Ydrasse »

scum plans are overrated
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6691 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:32 am

In post 6686, Ydrasse wrote:and frankly looking backing the vote feels unnatural to me but i admit i don't know how to read you tonally so it could just be me thinking something feels awkward when to you it's like "god im so annoyed" because you project your feelings a lot more subtly than most people imo
It is awkward. It is rare that I get pushed to the point of doing this. I can try to look for examples of doing it as town, if you think that would help.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6692 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don't think it would

i like to reference past games and be silly but meta rarely does anything other than "wow i sure read that now how do i apply it"

and then static in my head
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6693 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:33 am

In post 6687, Dannflor wrote:meh skitter/obscure/mena is getting another replacement isn't it
Maybe we'll get someone whose name starts with E and then the initials of each revolving-door replacement will start to spell out the lyrics to All Star.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6694 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6688, Ydrasse wrote:my tinfoil theory is that menalque is a busy man but also playing a lot less lately and like maybe it's a wolf slot and he's like "okay i can do this" and then he remembers how soulsucking it is to be a wolf lol and then vanishes
it is truly the most soul sucking thing

every game is a dice roll on whether I'll be spending weeks of my precious free time feeling anxious about being manipulative on the internet
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6695 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i truly cannot relate i am insane and love the emotional high of being townread while wolfing so powerfully everyone trusts in me because my vibes are immaculate at any given moment
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6696 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 6695, Ydrasse wrote:i truly cannot relate i am insane and love the emotional high of being townread while wolfing so powerfully everyone trusts in me because my vibes are immaculate at any given moment
:thinking:
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6697 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Ydrasse »

clearly though i am not a wolf because my vibes are not immaculate enough to make EVERYONE townread me this game

hehe..
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6698 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Would be funny if mena was team scum and SS was a traitor and SS is trying to goad me into voting him instead of mena

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6699 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6633, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6631, Ausuka wrote:SS can you explain why Nero is scum to you cos I really don't see it
He's trying to chain lim me and Mena and prevent people from reevaluating. Of course town-Nero can do that, but it feels pro-scum.
this is maybe me grasping at straws to try to have a Novel Thought or parse meaning out of new information, but I loosely feel this is maybe a slightly +town post? Because as Nero pointed out, other players have at times suggested they'd go for the chain lim (I said as much directly myself last night) and I kinda feel scum!Smart would be a little more aware of the logical inconsistency in singling out Nero alone

although on the other hand I'm not sure if it would really be a pro-scum move if Mena is wolf? and like at some point wouldn't town!S_S see his flip as at least useful for the gamestate, or does he think being eliminated won't give people more info to find the actual mafia
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”