Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6751 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not sure if I was or not. Like I think his "no way I'd come in to bus gamma" is ??? and I think you could read a narrative where he doesn't hammer gamma d2 even when he had multiple chances to
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #6752 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:41 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6733, Dannflor wrote:Menalque (6): Datisi, ydrasse, GuiltyLion, Dannflor, scamper, Frogsterking
Something_Smart (5): DeasVail, Nero Cain, Ausuka, fireisredsir, Cat Scratch Fever
fireisredsir (3): Menalque, Shea, Something_Smart
the iconeum tell™ says both mena and s_s are scum

oh, how i wish that were true

anyway, s_s, why the vote on fire?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6753 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

interesting that both todays wagons have now parked on my vanity wagon while refusing to actually talk about each other (or be here) that much.

Not sure what it means but honestly I think it DOES point to maybe S-S
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6754 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6751, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not sure if I was or not. Like I think his "no way I'd come in to bus gamma" is ??? and I think you could read a narrative where he doesn't hammer gamma d2 even when he had multiple chances to
I'm not sure either, I think it seems most likely at this point though
assuming
there are 5 scum left. I think he does a little research into players meta to get a sense for what they townread for and how town generally react to their slot.

PEdit:

What's the iconeum tell?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6755 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Easy Game
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6756 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6753, Thestatusquo wrote:interesting that both todays wagons have now parked on my vanity wagon while refusing to actually talk about each other (or be here) that much.

LAMIST, distancing from S_S without doing anything to push the elimination forward on either Menalque or S_S
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6757 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6756, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6753, Thestatusquo wrote:interesting that both todays wagons have now parked on my vanity wagon while refusing to actually talk about each other (or be here) that much.

LAMIST, distancing from S_S without doing anything to push the elimination forward on either Menalque or S_S
You are truly staggeringly bad at mafia
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6758 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Damn Shea your scum game is scary, holy shit.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6759 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

my scum game is good, yes.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6760 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6754, Frogsterking wrote:What's the iconeum tell?
two major competing wagons consistently refusing to vote for one another, even when it would make sense from a survivalistic-pov, point towards them being s/s
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6761 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6753, Thestatusquo wrote:interesting that both todays wagons have now parked on my vanity wagon while refusing to actually talk about each other
(or be here)
that much.
how does the bolded apply to s_s?
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6762 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Nero predicted that the masses would not want to support a wagon on fire (or anyone else other than me/Mena). If that ends up being wrong, then we get to see who ends up leaving which wagon, what the lead wagons end up being, and what kind of stances the three of us take on each other. If two wagons are better than one, I'd say three wagons are generally better than two.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6763 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6760, Datisi wrote:
two major competing wagons consistently refusing to vote for one another, even when it would make sense from a survivalistic-pov, point towards them being s/s
I was kind of considering this to be not really applicable because its S_S specifically and he usually just wouldn't vote in that situation regardless.

But I think him voting fireisred changes my thoughts there considerably.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6764 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6761, Datisi wrote:
In post 6753, Thestatusquo wrote:interesting that both todays wagons have now parked on my vanity wagon while refusing to actually talk about each other
(or be here)
that much.
how does the bolded apply to s_s?
It doesn't. I threw that in because the first part doesn't really apply to Mena imo mostly because he hasnt been here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6765 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I agree that this often points to S-S. I think it also mildly points to T-T, but I'll have to see what Mena does when he's here. I feel like at least it's reasonable for me to not have much to say about that slot, because he hasn't done much.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6766 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I can see how my wording there is confusing, I was mostly trying to say {doing something from within this subset of things} and instead the post implies that both are doing both things.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6767 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6763, Thestatusquo wrote:
I was kind of considering this to be not really applicable because its S_S specifically and he usually just wouldn't vote in that situation regardless.

which is why i specifically edited the post to reflect s_s's vote there, yes.

on one hand, i am liking what s_s is doing. on the other, i know that earlier today, while i was taking a walk, i was thinking how scum!s_s doesn't necessarily make *sense* because scum!s_s would have an idea on what he has to do to get townread, and he was obviously not doing that (e.g. being unhelpful when you asked him for a new solving strategy or wtv), and that didn't quite make sense. however, now that he's gone into doing traditionally townier stuff...

like. i kinda feel gross saying this, because i don't wanna *discourage* possible town!s_s from solving. but i'd be lying if i said the thought didn't cross my mind.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6768 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Datisi »

on one hand, i am liking what s_s is doing. on the other, i know that earlier today, while i was taking a walk, i was thinking how scum!s_s doesn't necessarily make *sense* because scum!s_s would have an idea on what he has to do to get townread, and he was obviously not doing that (e.g. being unhelpful when you asked him for a new solving strategy or wtv), and that didn't quite make sense. however, now that he's gone into doing traditionally townier stuff...

like. i kinda feel gross saying this, because i don't wanna *discourage* possible town!s_s from solving. but i'd be lying if i said the thought didn't cross my mind.
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6769 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6765, Something_Smart wrote:

I agree that this often points to S-S. I think it also mildly points to T-T, but I'll have to see what Mena does when he's here. I feel like at least it's reasonable for me to not have much to say about that slot, because he hasn't done much.
There were two people in that slot before him.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6770 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6757, Thestatusquo wrote:

I think this goes against your character you portray when you say not to be ableist or whatever against people's intelligence. I think there's a motivation here to get me to doubt in my ability which is believable from Town!shea but seems to be a little bit too defensive and on the nose considering real Town!Shea is under no real pressure of losing the game here if I push his slot.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6771 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6768, Datisi wrote:

This whole post matches my thoughts pretty much exactly.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6772 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6771, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 6768, Datisi wrote:

This whole post matches my thoughts pretty much exactly.
This is an attempt to pocket/subvert Datisi.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6773 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6770, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6757, Thestatusquo wrote:

I think this goes against your character you portray when you say not to be ableist or whatever against people's intelligence. I think there's a motivation here to get me to doubt in my ability which is believable from Town!shea but seems to be a little bit too defensive and on the nose considering real Town!Shea is under no real pressure of losing the game here if I push his slot.
As either alignment I think I would find you pushing me annoying and not much more because I think your scum finding methods are not better than random chance and I don't particularly feel like its worthwhile to do anything to them besides just dismiss them off hand.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6774 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like I feel very strongly that if I were scum here I would not care about you pushing me at all except in the sense that it makes the thread kind of unpleasant to read.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”