Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7550 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm p sure its only 2 unless you were on a alt
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7551 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

y'all are gonna hate my cases btw bc a lot of them revolve around mena being scum and i don't even really have reasons to scumread the slot individually

if he somehow is town then uh oops idk lol
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7552 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

that seems kinda strange, mgl
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7553 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Menalque »

Did I say nefarious at any point in time or even use words vaguely to that effect

I did not, no

Also my impression is that a lot of people were scumreading me before I came into the game rather for my play in and of itself? But ig I could be wrong on that

I actually think NC scumreading me is p much totally NAI for him as I’d expect it from either alignment
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7554 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 7551, fireisredsir wrote:y'all are gonna hate my cases btw bc a lot of them revolve around mena being scum and i don't even really have reasons to scumread the slot individually

Some would say that sounds like an incredibly convenient excuse to push me no matter what today and then to be able to back-pedal literally everything else you said tomorrow when you need a new target

Some would say, including me
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7555 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 7550, Nero Cain wrote:I'm p sure its only 2 unless you were on a alt
This is very possible tbf
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7556 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 7552, Nero Cain wrote:that seems kinda strange, mgl
yes ik

not all of the points are about that but the most significant one (to me at least) is
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7557 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 7554, Menalque wrote:
In post 7551, fireisredsir wrote:y'all are gonna hate my cases btw bc a lot of them revolve around mena being scum and i don't even really have reasons to scumread the slot individually

Some would say that sounds like an incredibly convenient excuse to push me no matter what today and then to be able to back-pedal literally everything else you said tomorrow when you need a new target

Some would say, including me
why would i need an excuse to push you
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7558 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Menalque »

Literally all scum need an excuse to push me, keep up
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7559 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Menalque »

I guess unless any are leaning hard into the white knight angle
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7560 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 7553, Menalque wrote:I actually think NC scumreading me is p much totally NAI for him as I’d expect it from either alignment
:igmeou:

You correctly town read me in our other 2 games despite me pushing on you so I'm not too sure that I buy this.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7561 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Menalque »

Correctamundo but i haven’t really felt like reading your ISO yet and this is the first time we’ve actually talked since I joined the game meaning you’re still in my big pile of idfk for now
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7562 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 7537, Dannflor wrote:GL, can you elaborate on some reasons you are suspicious of me? I have generally liked your read progression on me but looking back im realizing it is largely a vague “towny with a pinch of deepwolf read”

Which isn’t shade exactly my reads have been fairly nebulous too but im wondering if there are specific reasons im a scum candidate for you or if its just the lack of anything clearing in your eyes
I aim to do this tonight when I do a full re-review of VPB/Gamma ISOs again and reread of some of D2/D3 knowing town!Smart

honestly the big top level reason is I really don't feel like I have a good grip on the game, I am definitely townreading scum somewhere even in best case ez game world where Mena is scum, and there's a lot of carry over inertia paranoia on you from Eiralox rep out + your awkward entry + general fear of you being good at wolf

I don't think I have great reads and I want to kinda rebuild a foundation of townreads before really pushing anything today if that makes sense
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7563 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 7546, Menalque wrote:Sure, but do you actually scumread me for being absent or are you just lazily slotting me into the default position
When it comes to your slot we also have to consider Obscure who I don't think was super townie or anything. I didn't really care for your reaction to the reaction test and I don't think you are really doing anything but then again I've always feel like you aren't doing things so...

alot of people had wanted you to explain your reads list. Why aren't you doing that?

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #7564 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:06 am

Post by Datisi »

mena are you gonna explain that one readslist you made at some point
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7565 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:11 am

Post by T3 »

VC 4.3
Menalque (2): Frogsterking, Datisi
DeasVeil (1): Menalque
Dannflor (1): Ausuka
Nero Cain (1): Thestatusquo
Ausuka (1): Nero Cain
Not voting (6): scamper, Cat Scratch Fever, Dannflor, fireisredsir, GuiltyLion, DeasVail
Mod notes: time added to compensate for site downtime.
Day 4 will end in (expired on 2022-10-11 04:46:00). With 12 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7566 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 7524, Nero Cain wrote:the more I think about it the less I think it makes sense for her to say Relly made a mistake. It sounds like she knows his alignment.

VOTE: Ausuka
-_-
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #7567 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

i think i was going to iso guiltylion?

i want to do that and will maybe try and make some progress??

i am genuinely so sick of mafia
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7568 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 7467, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 5145, T3 wrote:Image

DeasVail (6): fireisredsir, Ausuka, marcistar, Frogsterking, Enchant, obscure
obscure (5): GuiltyLion, Datisi, Nero Cain, scamper, Dannflor
humaneatingmonkey (2): Ydrasse, Gamma Emerald
Thestatusquo (1): humaneatingmonkey
fireisredsir (1): Thestatusquo
Morning Tweet (1): DeasVail
Not voting (1): Something_Smart
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-09-18 20:44:00). With 17 alive it takes 9 to eliminate.
In post 5392, T3 wrote:Image

Morning Tweet (5): DeasVail, Nero Cain, Frogsterking, Dannflor, fireisredsir
obscure (4): Datisi, Ausuka, Ydrasse, GuiltyLion
DeasVail (3): marcistar, Enchant, obscure
Thestatusquo (1): Cat Scratch Fever
fireisredsir (1): Thestatusquo
Not voting (3): Something_Smart, scamper, Morning Tweet
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-09-18 20:44:00). With 17 alive it takes 9 to eliminate.
adding a note to self to also reread between these two VCs and see what happened
Dann one other Concrete Thing is this

very much speaking off the cuff here because I haven't actually reread this portion of the game as well as context before it, but my general worldview is that it's likely there's a wolf who knew MT was scum and wanted to get some towncred (or at least, avoid scrutiny) off that flip, especially if they sensed it was at risk of happening once MT repped in. We went from no votes on Gamma to 5 votes on MT and I would wager more often than not there's scum in that group of five, especially since the tail end of that wagon was Datisi/Ydra who are virtually-conf town and conf town each
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7569 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

EBWOP - made a mistake above, missed & neglected to mention DV was voting MT/Gamma slot, so the more accurate statement is we went from one vote on MT to five, larger point remains the DV wagon just died out of nowhere. especially suspicious that Frog in particular went from voting DV to DV's chosen wagon, I need to review that progression as well, I have no memory of why Frog was on DV in the first place
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7570 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 7541, Menalque wrote:
In post 6993, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 6982, Menalque wrote:Oh, I think fb ~generally~ when scum = having more fun, seems like is enjoying game etc. This is amplified imo if it’s people he likes playing with, and I think there’s enough old hands here who I’m p sure he gets along decently with (like sure there’s no MariaR or RC who I remember him particularly liking) but I would expect him to be an order of magnitude more excited if he were scum in what, to him, would be a good PL
This is wonky to me though. Do you have reason to believe FB doesn't have fun when he's town?

Like I buy that FB generally likes playing scum and can have fun with it, but I don't see why any of this reasoning wouldn't apply to him as town either? So if his lack of enthusiasm isn't scum-indicative, I don't think it's necessarily town-indicative either, unless you have an understanding that FB doesn't like playing town. Which doesn't really vibe with my prior experience with him
Firebringer does not like playing as town but will sometimes tolerate it for the sake of playing with people he likes

This is markedly different from firebringer having actual fun

I couldn’t be bothered to quote the actual post I wanted to reply to but this is why my read on S_S!slot just = good not implausibly good, whereas all y’all just suck at reading woofbringer apparently
I will continue to push back on this meta every time I see it.

Firebringer prefers playing scum. But I've seen him play town perfectly happily plenty of times.

He's a good player and quite simply does not have this much disconnect in his game.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7571 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

GuiltyLion I feel like I don't really have a good sense of who you want to lim.

Other than like, you seem to want to flip mena generally speaking.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7572 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Not sure if that's because you haven't said much about it or because the game was paused while the site was dead and everything fell out of my head.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7573 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

So Nero you think Cat scratch fever is like an odd even night SK or something?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #7574 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 921, GuiltyLion wrote:however I will say Ausuka is a confident townread so if they still hold a strong SR on VPB and it seems grounded, I would currently be willing to sheep/defer to that, certainly interested in hearing it out. need to fully catch up though
this doesnt really seem like something a bussing partner is likely to say

i expect a busser to like, instinctively highlight their agency in what they are doing to make people see them as a central actor in things, so to say something like this seems unlikely?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”