Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7675 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I am hoping people have had better reasons to town read Nero than just Gamma getting mad at Nero

I've seen Gamma get very emotional towards scum mates more than once
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7676 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

anyway I'm going back to rereading the D2 momentum shift to Tweet

the only thing I noticed there so far was that fire was pushing a {ss deas dann shea} pool in which is very different than the pool he's at now but I kinda feel fi scum with agenda he would actually be more consistent and more rigid in pushing those options and that worldview, especially cause most of them could still be viable scumreads & pushes

I want to trace where the DV scumread evaporated but I think the pivot overall is +town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7677 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:00 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 7675, Dannflor wrote:I am hoping people have had better reasons to town read Nero than just Gamma getting mad at Nero

im p sure i did, but ill give nero/you/shea a re-look over to remind myself what i saw that made me think town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:02 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

oh yea one of the nero points was that he was one of the key players in shifting momentum towards tweet
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

or starting momentum towards gamma earlier in the day, idk, maybe it was both
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7680 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah

I think rereading this part of the game, Frog's vote on Tweet is the worst

the only other thing I wanted to call out, if we're in late game and I'm dead and gone and we're still trying to find last scum, I want this noted:
In post 5256, DeasVail wrote:But also I think tweet is probably scum
In post 5257, Nero Cain wrote:so vote there?
In post 5259, DeasVail wrote:
In post 5257, Nero Cain wrote:so vote there?
I think I am already
the snap questioning by Nero, I could easily see it being town, but I could also see it being scum trying to bus and score points without need/incentive to properly sort DV. so something for future reference

@fire I don't think you should put a ton of stock of shifting momentum after Gamma replaced out cause, it could have been a planned bus as soon as Tweet saw the red role PM and didn't have the WIM, and I also think with vigs in play scum need enough towncred to not be a vig shot
I still wanna read a lot more but the appealing worldview to me is Mena > Frog >>>> (if game continues) Nero
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7681 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think the Baltar associatives for Nero were good though, I need to reread those but Baltar felt very awkward explaining why he wasn't fighting with Nero and I sorta believe him when he said if they were scum together they'd probably ham up a shitfight

felt very much more like Baltar was playing around Nero
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7682 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7675, Dannflor wrote:I am hoping people have had better reasons to town read Nero than just Gamma getting mad at Nero

i mean part of it was that i just felt he was expressing real thoughts with the stuff he was going after and getting annoyed that his reads were called bad and stuff, plus in general seemed to be scumreading vpb + gamma

but if you look where his vote actually went and how little effort he put toward convincing people to vote gamma until the replace, its a bit......not great. and i feel like hes been pushing people for shallow reasons and him going after ausuka is pretty icky
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7683 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7681, GuiltyLion wrote:I think the Baltar associatives for Nero were good though, I need to reread those but Baltar felt very awkward explaining why he wasn't fighting with Nero and I sorta believe him when he said if they were scum together they'd probably ham up a shitfight

if anything i feel like their conversations were kind of awkward?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7684 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

starting my reread and don't really think nero/mena are buddies in any world
In post 7, Nero Cain wrote:there are way too many people being useless with their votes.

VOTE: skitter30
In post 9, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7, Nero Cain wrote:there are way too many people being useless with their votes.

VOTE: skitter30
yes, plz elaborate on how i'm being useless with my vote in the second post of the game
this whole interaction and the ensuing skitter not understanding that nero was joking just seems... unlikely for skitter to behave that way towards a buddy?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7685 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by scamper »

idk, i need sleep

back tomorrow maybe
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7686 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

gn
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7687 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

My vla ends tonight but I just got home and I’m exhausted so please don’t prod me
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7688 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Fire, re: Frogster I agree that his early play was not particularly town but his later play where he was aggressively pushing me felt very different from the Go game. Do you think that’s possible from frog as scum?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #7689 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:49 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 7641, Nero Cain wrote:like I was hardly the first to mention that Dats could be a mafia doc, and you fakeclaimed GS earlier so I felt like it was a little ??? that Ausuka would go "why would Nero ever think Scamper is a GS?"
i mean frankly, ydrasse flipping mason did make me think that maybe datisi and scamper are masons, yeah? i didn't *know* but it was the most obvious conclusion to me and i was confused why you were not only saying scamper was probably GS, but acting sure enough of that possibility to push datisi, which just seemed like an anti town thing to do

i still don't understand it but it appears it was at least not TMI
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #7690 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Ausuka »

i agree nero's push on me is ??? but like, i felt the same in the last game we played together and thought he was just tunneling me and that turned out to be correct. and i get a similar feeling in this game.

i feel like this sort of stubborness is the sort of thing i expect from town nero?

i still feel like the push on gamma and her replacing out is not the sort of thing i expect from s/s but it seems like people disagree with that
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #7691 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 7642, scamper wrote:anyway...

i'm going to try to review everyone over the next few days to be sure (minus csf and dats), it's just hard when a game is this dense and i feel like things are kind of...disjointed in terms of all the replacements. would be easier when the game is down to fewer names but i really don't have that luxury

anyawy now that info is out in the open i *want* to say this feels like a 5 scum setup just b/c all the masons, the vigs, and the UB are confirmable town roles which is a lot in a 20p although ofc there's room for friendly fire...but i think generally it's best to play assuming a potential worst case scenario rather than hoping for a less powerful scum team. just keep it in mind for the future
yeah from my experience when you get a lot of roles of the same type, like confirmable roles, in a game, the nrg gets a lot more cautious about how it affects balance

i don't think we can be sure if it's 4 or 5 but if it's 4 i guess we should look out for lots of scum power in case that ever becomes more relevant?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #7692 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:44 pm

Post by Datisi »

hewwo yes i am a masom with scamper and ydra

i was hoping we wouldn't have to claim yet but also this removes the VERY annoying thing of "i am being secretive as to not out the masons!!" so y'know not bad overall
In post 7642, scamper wrote:anyawy now that info is out in the open i *want* to say this feels like a 5 scum setup just b/c all the masons, the vigs, and the UB are confirmable town roles which is a lot in a 20p although ofc there's room for friendly fire...but i think generally it's best to play assuming a potential worst case scenario rather than hoping for a less powerful scum team. just keep it in mind for the future
ftr this was my thought process too, because 6 confirmable roles + the vig shots just seems way too much for a 4p scumteam

4p + traitor maaaaaaaybe but i'm guessing 5 goon scum, personally

which is also why i, uh, instantly wanted to murder morning tweet when she claimed fn because like. that meant 6 conf prs. then it turned out enchant was ALSO a conf pr which like lole i guess? but yeah uh

i'll read the fire walls (hehe) a bit later i just wanted to check in and let y'all know scamper is conftown
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #7693 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:46 pm

Post by Datisi »

also, i skimmed and i don't think this was mentioned, so

we're getting a new nero (viewtopic.php?p=13517177&f=4#p13517177)

so that's gonna be FUN and totally not even more confusing
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7694 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:40 am

Post by T3 »

Replacing Nero Cain.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7695 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:28 am

Post by T3 »

VC 4.4
Menalque (2): Frogsterking, Datisi
DeasVeil (1): Menalque
Dannflor (1): Ausuka
Nero Cain (1): Thestatusquo
Ausuka (1): Nero Cain
Frogsterking (1): Dannflor
Not voting (5): scamper, Cat Scratch Fever, fireisredsir, GuiltyLion, DeasVail
Day 4 will end in (expired on 2022-10-11 04:46:00). With 12 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #7696 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:03 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 7669, Dannflor wrote:this interaction feels very TOWN

but there aren't that many SLOTS left in the GAME
add this to posts that i absolutely should not be townreading but my god am i tempted to
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #7697 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:10 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 7683, scamper wrote:
In post 7681, GuiltyLion wrote:I think the Baltar associatives for Nero were good though, I need to reread those but Baltar felt very awkward explaining why he wasn't fighting with Nero and I sorta believe him when he said if they were scum together they'd probably ham up a shitfight

if anything i feel like their conversations were kind of awkward?
i'm still of the thought that nero wouldn't call out vpb's "wow you're not interacting with me" so publicly... but eh, willing to wait for a rep and see what they do ig
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #7698 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:14 am

Post by Datisi »

also, i read fire's cases on gl/frog and like. i really like the case on gl. i've been feeling uncomfy with gl for a bit now, but i wasn't able to mentally put gl and mena into the same team. but seeing how fire explained it (and seeing that gl didn't call him out for any bs, meaning the case is probably factually accurate) it actually makes sense.

frog one i also liked, but that one is a bit more difficult for me to ~understand~, i guess. probably because i mentally slotted frog as "way too annoying to be scum, next" and am sticking with it. to be fair i should really reskim the large normal. so i guess my main q to fire, since you were town in that game - how similar/different frog's play is there and here? my pov on that game is informed so i'm not sure i can be objective here.
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7699 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:23 am

Post by Menalque »

I don't like either of them but I like the one on GL marginally more

I still don't think frog is scum, and if you think I'm scum then that's a mildly insane thought process to hold given that u know me -- how does it make sense that I would rep in, tell frog to bus me like hell and then not yell at him and at least make it look good
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”