Micro 1062 | Divide and Conquer | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:54 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 389, Dannflor wrote:It’s a little hard for me to be objective about, but the way he jumped on my earlier wall post is very reminiscent of the types of votes I tend to make as scum when I perceive a townie making a “bad” post. There was a lack of any sort of real engagement or follow up with my post, even in a confrontational manner.
IF I FOLLOWED UP ANY HARD HARDER ON MY SUSPICIONS OF THEN MY SKULL WOULD EXPLODE.

HOW HAS MY MANNER NOT BEEN CONFRONTATIONAL? TELL ME. TELL ME HOW I HAVE NOT BEEN CONFRONTATIONAL IN CALLING OUT YOUR SCUMMY POSTS SO I CAN BE MORE DIRECT ABOUT WHICH ROLE PM YOU GOT.

In post 389, Dannflor wrote:Compare to Lucian and Cephrir, who had similarly negative reactions but also seemed genuinely curious and tried to understand me.
I AM NOT LUCIAN OR CEPHRIR. YOU SAID THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN CONFRONTATIONAL OR ENGAGED IN MY PROCESS OF SORTING YOU. ARE YOU GOING TO ELABORATE OR JUST KEEP SHADING MY SLOT?
In post 389, Dannflor wrote:I think his most recent post assuming that the contradictions in my most recent posts are some sort of scummy mistake rather than me just having thoughts I’m keeping to myself or changing my mind on certain things is another example of BEAR not seeming to be actually curious about my alignment.
WHERE? WHICH POST? WHICH POST DID I NOT SEEM CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR ALIGNMENT? WHERE IS THE POST LINK OR THE QUOTE OF THE POST WHERE I DID NOT SEEM CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR ALIGNMENT?

YOU MEAN THIS ONE?
In post 374, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:IS DANNFLOR SOLVEY IN THE BIG HOOD? WHAT ABOUT RADJA?
NO? YOU MEANT THIS ONE?
In post 380, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 313, Dannflor wrote:
What does somnus flipping scum tell you about the game cakez
In post 314, Dannflor wrote:
In post 304, Cephrir wrote:I want the slot to post more before we seriously contemplate killing it anyways tho
I am here
In post 320, Dannflor wrote:
i think we should probably kill somnus but that ending the day so early would be disadvantageous
:!:
WHERE IS THE FOLLOW UP TO SORTING CAKEZ IN 313, DANNFLOR?
In post 352, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: somnus
In post 353, Dannflor wrote:
I think it quite valuable to flip somnus and taking for granted that Somnus is definitely scum is hubris
In post 375, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 374, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:IS DANNFLOR SOLVEY IN THE BIG HOOD? WHAT ABOUT RADJA?
THEY AREN'T SOLVEY IN THREAD SO I ASSUME THEY POST IDEAS IN BIG HOOD.
In post 376, Dannflor wrote:Everyone says there’s no use for the big hood :(
In post 377, Dannflor wrote:
I’m not gonna lie half the reason I want to flip Somnus is because I think scrrrdbear is likely mafia
:!:
WHERE IS THE FOLLOW UP TO SORTING SOMNUS IN 353, DANNFLOR?
In post 158, Isis wrote:Let's eliminate somnus's partner from the big hood

For sport
FIRE IS A GOOD SERVANT BUT A BAD MASTER

ONLY
YOU
CAN PREVENT WILDFIRES
In post 350, catboi wrote:With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.
VOTE: DANNFLOR
WHERE IS THE POST WHERE I DO NOT SEEM CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR ALIGNMENT?

WHY DID YOU MAKE IT SO AMBIGUOUS WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO THROUGHOUT ?
In post 389, Dannflor wrote:I still think the way he brushed off his Isis progression as just being, her posts got better, a little intentionally obtuse when he told me I was under thinking his original reasoning.
WHY ARE YOU CHANGING THE SUBJECT ONTO MY READ ON ISIS? YOU HAVE NEVER PROVIDED EVIDENCE FOR HOW I HAVE NOT FOLLOWED UP ON MY SUSPICIONS OF OR BEEN ENGAGED IN MY PROCESS OF SORTING YOU. THIS IS A COMPLETELY UNRELATED POINT WHICH YOU AGAIN DO NOT PROVIDE CONCRETE QUOTES OR TAGS OF WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID.
In post 389, Dannflor wrote:I also think BEAR seems to have a vested interest in not letting a Somnus wagon build up too much momentum because I don’t think BEAR believes anyone ever townreads him more than Lucian. Yes, I know BEAR already voted Somnus, but I don’t think the timing or context of that vote matches a real motivation to kill Somnus.
WHAT? THIS IS ANOTHER UNRELATED POINT. WHAT DOES SOMNUS WAGON HAVE TO DO WITH HOW I AM NOT ENGAGED OR CONFRONTATIONAL IN MY PROCESS OF SORTING YOU?
In post 389, Dannflor wrote:I’m worried BEAR is using the hood to pocket Lucian right now uncontested by Somnus. I honestly think that’s the only reason to use the small hood with scum still potentially in it. You are *only* hiding information from potential townies.
WHAT?? HOW DOES USING MY HOOD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A LACK OF FOLLOW UP ON MY SUSPICIONS OF AND A LACK OF ENGAGEMENT IN DEVELOPING MY READ ON YOU.

...OH, THAT WAS THE ENTIRE SECTION ON ME. YOU NEVER ELABORATED ON THIS CLAIM:
In post 389, Dannflor wrote:It’s a little hard for me to be objective about, but the way he jumped on my earlier wall post is very reminiscent of the types of votes I tend to make as scum when I perceive a townie making a “bad” post. There was a lack of any sort of real engagement or follow up with my post, even in a confrontational manner.
INSTEAD OF PROVIDING RATIONALE AND EXAMPLES FOR THIS CLAIM, YOU CHANGED THE SUBJECT ONTO RANDOM TOPICS TO SHADE MY CREDIBILITY AND DID NOT PROVIDE ANY POST TAGS OR QUOTES AT ANY POINT FOR WHAT YOU WERE REFERRING TO.
In post 389, Dannflor wrote:As far as BEAR goes, I don’t think the way he’s approached me has been in good faith.
NO. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPROACHING IN BAD FAITH AND CALLING OUT SCUMMY POSTS. THIS IS THE LATTER. YOU'VE MADE SCUM TELLS REPEATEDLY STARTING IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF AND YOU'RE CONTINUING TO MAKE THEM HERE IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF .
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:53 am

Post by Somnus »

1. Eliminate small hood
2. ????
3. Profit

Would prefer if you went with ScrrrdBear over me, but I won't hold it against anyone if I'm the consensus. I haven't brought anything of value to this game, unfortunately, and that probably wouldn't change for another week. Sorry about that. Timing just ended up unexpectedly terrible for a mafia game. That's my problem and not yours though, so I'll leave it at that.

I thought some of the early analysis by Lucian was the kind of stuff that's easy to fake to look like busy town, but I don't have that thought anymore. There's clearly no consensus scum-read in the big hood, so throwing a dart and hoping to hit 1 out of 6 in there on Day 1 doesn't seem like a good play.

VOTE: ScrrrdBear
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Radja »

I don’t think any townie would believe that Somnus flipping town gives us nothing to work with. Especially because Lucian is so eye-blindingly obvious town in this game. I don’t think anyone has not town read Lucian at this point?

A Somnus town flip would break the game wide open and this post seems like a fake fear designed to look pro-town. If my current theory about the game is correct then this also fits because I don’t think scum want to flip Somnus right now. If Somnus is town, flipping them puts extreme pressure on a mafia member who is otherwise exerting a lot of thread presence.

If I’m wrong and Somnus is scum, I would expect Somnus’ partner to be ready and willing to bus them. I would honestly probably clear Radja in this scenario.

All that being said, if Somnus is town, I think scum in the big hood always has to be ready to turn and believably bus their buddy due to the inevitability of the Somnus flip and the nature of the setup.
That’s why I find this hedging to be especially scummy if my scrrredbear!scum and Somnus!town theory is correct. Look at all the words Radja devotes to the possibility that BEAR might be scum. It reads partnery to me.

I am also unclear how Radja progressed from thinking eliminating in the small hood was good, to thinking eliminating in the big hood was more rewarding, to thinking eliminating in the small hood is actively bad.

Eliminating in the small hood is bad because it doesn't force mafia to kill in the big hood, which is what we want. I think multiple people have already said this too.
I came in thinking it would be better to eliminate from the small hood, because it gives better odds to hit mafia. I think I changed my opinion on that at around page 1. I don't see how this is hard for you.

I think solving the game is going to be easier if we make the big hood smaller, it gives better odds on both sides and there's a possibility on having 5 conftowns.

So no, I don't want to eliminate Somnus right now. If disagree that Somnus flipping town "breaks the game completely open", because I don't think it provides much information about anyone in the big hood.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: scrredbear

Okay I didn’t mean you haven’t been confrontational, I meant you haven’t really posted anything I get you wanted me to respond to or that was meant to gauge my alignment, even in a confrontational style. You’ve been very confrontational but I think it’s meant to persuade and push, not interact with me

I don’t have much time today but I’ll respond in full when I get back tonight
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 399, Lucian wrote:UNVOTE:

I want to think about this game a bit more. Can people tell me what they think of Dannflor's most recent big post? Especially the large hood inhabitants.
I think dannflor is a pretty good player who could fake a post like that but I'm leaning town on it. That said I have a little bit of paranoia about the "I'm ok with flipping somnus even though I think he's town" stance being potentially the best he feels like he can do as a somnus partner.

I would be pretty impressed if this was theater with bear but I won't completely eliminate the possibility.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

I don't know if I like bear's response all that much - not enough to go there myself right now at all tho. I actually do think calling 380 non-curious is fair as I read its questions as rhetorical. Demanding rationale and receipts is something I associate with scum tactics. Granted, Dann's argument is not amazing either. This bears further thought.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 401, Somnus wrote:1. Eliminate small hood
2. ????
3. Profit

Would prefer if you went with ScrrrdBear over me, but I won't hold it against anyone if I'm the consensus. I haven't brought anything of value to this game, unfortunately, and that probably wouldn't change for another week. Sorry about that. Timing just ended up unexpectedly terrible for a mafia game. That's my problem and not yours though, so I'll leave it at that.

I thought some of the early analysis by Lucian was the kind of stuff that's easy to fake to look like busy town, but I don't have that thought anymore. There's clearly no consensus scum-read in the big hood, so throwing a dart and hoping to hit 1 out of 6 in there on Day 1 doesn't seem like a good play.

Do you have reads on the big hood?
Bartleby the Scrivener
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 376, Dannflor wrote:Everyone says there’s no use for the big hood :(
Yeah wtf that's bullshit we should be using it
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:48 am

Post by SirCakez »

RADJA BRAY WYATT COULD RETURN TONIGHT ARE YOU HYPED
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:50 am

Post by SirCakez »

Sorry I started reading then realized I had to do something post more later
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 1.08

Somnus (2):
Cephrir, SirCakez
PookyTheMagicalBear (2):
Radja, Isis
SCRRRDBEAR (2):
Somnus, Dannflor
SirCakez (1):
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dannflor (1):
SCRRRDBEAR

Not Voting (1):
Lucian

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is October 13 at 7:00 PM EDT.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-10-13 11:00:00)

Notes:
Isis is V/LA from Friday-Sunday
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 405, Cephrir wrote:Demanding rationale and receipts is something I associate with scum tactics.
THIS IS NOT A FAIR CRITICISM.

IN GENERAL I AGREE THIS IS TRUE, HOWEVER, I BELIEVE IT IS NOT SCUMMY IN THIS SITUATION BECAUSE MY SECTION IN IS FAR TOO VAGUE AND IT IS PRO TOWN FOR ME TO PRESS HIM ON IT. I BELIEVE IT IS A LOT OF INDIVIDUAL PIECES OF SHADE WHICH ARE NOT COHESIVE TOGETHER, AND THAT IS NOT THE KIND OF POST I EXPECT TO BE CREATED BY A TOWN!DANNFLOR.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I’m sorry for not getting to the response I promised today, will do tomorrow after celebrating partner’s birthday

I have no issue getting more specific and pulling receipts, I would not have made those points if I didn’t have posts on mind, I was just wall posting via phone and linking to individual posts takes a lot of work. I wouldn’t make vague arguments without posts to back it up as either alignment though

I don’t have a problem really with you asking for that though, I feel that’s only fair especially if you feel it’s a mischaracterization

My problem has more been with you positing questions or aiming posts at me that don’t really feel like you want me to respond to them

Or rather they are questions that are framed in such a way that it seems clear you are already searching for a specific answer

One specific post I can think of is when you asked whether Radja and I were sorting in the big hood, which you then followed up with by stating that we aren’t doing any solving in the main thread.

1. I don’t think you had any reason to think there was any sorting at all being done in the big hood.
2. Even if we were, how would knowing that impact your read on me in any shape or form?
3. You appealed to the crowd instead of asking us directly, which reads more as a rhetorical device meant to convince rather than actually engage with either me or Radja. That also makes me think you already knew the answer to that question.

I will respond to the rest of your wall when I get more time. But like, come on BEAR, im not getting the feeling you want to sort me. Im getting the feeling you wanna GOTCHA me
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:06 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 405, Cephrir wrote:This bears further thought.
cephrir is too powerful
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:10 am

i have trouble seeing dann-scum being partnered with either bear or somnus and deciding to take this line of play its so much unnecesary work.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:11 am

i might have too little respect for danns scum game cuz the last time i saw him play scum he just afked and played tft all day
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:12 am

im lowkey kind of disappointed isis isnt pushing me harder and just nailing me to the wall because theres nobody i enjoy dancing with more

where are you isis?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:15 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 408, SirCakez wrote:RADJA BRAY WYATT COULD RETURN TONIGHT ARE YOU HYPED
OMGGGGGGG
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 389, Dannflor wrote:I don’t like that he seemed to be self aware that his posts were bad but ehhhh,
I do want to address this. The fact is that these days I don't have the time or energy to fully commit to scumhunting at the level of the majority of the players on this site, so my posts never look great in comparison. But I still like playing mafia and getting into it with people so I still try to play when I can. It's just a reality that I cannot produce the high-quality posts people want anymore. So that's why I'm so self-aware of that.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 401, Somnus wrote:1. Eliminate small hood
2. ????
3. Profit

god i don't fucking know what to do with this post
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:20 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 403, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: scrredbear

Okay I didn’t mean you haven’t been confrontational, I meant you haven’t really posted anything I get you wanted me to respond to or that was meant to gauge my alignment, even in a confrontational style. You’ve been very confrontational but I think it’s meant to persuade and push, not interact with me

okay this reads really fake to me
Dann is basically ceding all of Bear's points then throwing up his hands and voting him anyways. it feels like scum who is trying to get pressure off their back.

VOTE: dannflor
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:21 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 412, Dannflor wrote:I will respond to the rest of your wall when I get more time. But like, come on BEAR, im not getting the feeling you want to sort me. Im getting the feeling you wanna GOTCHA me
does this make BEAR scum?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:21 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 416, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:where are you isis?
^^^
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hhhhh I don't know what to do
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 420, SirCakez wrote:
In post 403, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: scrredbear

okay this reads really fake to me
Dann is basically ceding all of Bear's points then throwing up his hands and voting him anyways. it feels like scum who is trying to get pressure off their back.

VOTE: dannflor
What? I am not ceding anything, my points have been misrepresented or misunderstood

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”