Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8375 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Look at this it's ridiculous, is Dannflor scum or is fire scum? Whichever one of you is Town has skill issue
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8376 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

we all have skill issue tbh
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8377 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm considering hammering myself. If I do then I want to make a tier list of who posted the weirdest shittiest frog case.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8378 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8376, fireisredsir wrote:we all have skill issue tbh
True
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8379 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don't know looking back especially at the tweet > S_S > Mena wagons I feel like a lot of the stuff I was hard on fire for in my head applies to frogster worse in the end

like frogster hard hard defends scum so many times and then backs off as soon as he needs to

it is so much more agend-y
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8380 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 8377, Frogsterking wrote:I'm considering hammering myself. If I do then I want to make a tier list of who posted the weirdest shittiest frog case.
ill make it easy by not posting a case

VOTE: frogster
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8381 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

idk this is what I was feeling at the start of day and I feel like this far in the game I am prone to overthinking and should just stick with my instincts
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8382 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8360, Thestatusquo wrote:The other thing that I find striking is there seems to me to be a marked difference in how frogster has approached today compared to other days in tone and substance. Previous days there were a lot of loud proclamations about who was scum and a lot of antagonism towards scum reads as well as sort of a brash confidence which seems to be completely gone today. He is definitely coasting. Unlike the other players who seem to have hesitation based off of being genuinely unsure of who could be scum out of the options frogster just doesn't seem to be thinking about it all that much.

I am kind of taken with that post that dannflor called town from frogster because something I try to do a lot is listen to people when they talk about things that they think about wrt others alignment because frequently they take those observations with their self as a baseline. Frogster said he thought I might be town because I haven't "burned out." But it seems like he himself has burned out a bit here.
This is probably mid tier because it's a really weird tinfoil that jumped off from something I said in a very wrong direction, divorced from all context in the game.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8383 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

if it's not frogster my other idea is just that Titus is a serial killer lmao
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8384 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

frog why is it that all game you have incredibly strong opinions on who is scum at any given moment and now it doesn't seem like you're even trying to figure out who is scum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8385 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8383, Dannflor wrote:if it's not frogster my other idea is just that Titus is a serial killer lmao
actually possible lol
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8386 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8379, Dannflor wrote:I don't know looking back especially at the tweet > S_S > Mena wagons I feel like a lot of the stuff I was hard on fire for in my head applies to frogster worse in the end

like frogster hard hard defends scum so many times and then backs off as soon as he needs to

it is so much more agend-y
This is ranking high tier because Dannflor becomes trapped in his own mind, erasing all logic he's produced this game to replace it in an instant with a take that makes no sense.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8387 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

it's the only thing that makes it make sense to me why nero cain wouldn't just kill scum but lol
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8388 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Dannflor »

trapped in my own mind is pretty accurate
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8389 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Where's fire's boring case from like a million pages ago? Fire did you post a crazier one or did you just keep desperately trying to pocket people today?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8390 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

also I will admit all of gammas interactions towards fire do read like pocketing versus buddy interactions

*especially* for gamma

Baltar has the most awkward interactions with frogster out of everyone here ok im done i said i wasn't going to case
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8391 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8388, Dannflor wrote:trapped in my own mind is pretty accurate
Yes it looks you are, and it lead you down a very ineffective path that made no sense
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8392 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8389, Frogsterking wrote:Where's fire's boring case from like a million pages ago? Fire did you post a crazier one or did you just keep desperately trying to pocket people today?
i didn't even have to try to pocket people they just hopped in all by themselves :>
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8393 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

if titus is scum tho i dunno how she wins here so I guess it's not something I'm particularly worried about beyond like

I will hate everything about this game if it turns out we cleared scum twice ina fucking row
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8394 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 8391, Frogsterking wrote:
Yes it looks you are, and it lead you down a very ineffective path that made no sense
so am i scum or not???
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8395 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:54 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 7652, fireisredsir wrote:frog
- enters immediately with confident opinions and a townread on skitter. it's strange, but frog can pull things out of nowhere sometimes, so whatever
- jumps on gamma very quickly ( and is suddenly very confident, with , , ) but as soon as scamper expresses a townlean he backs off completely in
- I feel like this kinda tmis vp as scum but he votes dann instead ()

- just in general seems like he wants to work within town consensus but p consistently pushes away from the scum in those poes and towards the town (clears gamma very quickly, , , , )
- also tends to have very odd trajectories on flipped scum, treats gamma and vp as confscum basically from entrance but pushes elsewhere, and is willing to drop the gamma read without much pushback. then does the same thing once MT and mena replace in, suddenly they're immediately lockscum

- datisi mentioned this in but it was a good point that's worth bringing up again. which is that vp's frog read and frog iso in was super awkward
- is an awful look, pushing against dann for some posting that in hindsight looks like it was p insightful, and that led to a push on obscure
- only uses of TvT are when referring to scum ( with vp, with gamma, with gamma)
- i think a lot gets excused by frog being frog. im guilty of the same. his posts about eira were really bad as rightfully called out by scamper on page 185/186, i feel bad for giving him a pass on it

- is gone for a long time but shows up as the deas counterwagon to obscure is building (oops, i kinda started that, my bad) and joins deas . he did have deas as a prior scumread, but it is convenient if paired with obscure. is p weird as well
- frog jumps on tweet pretty quickly in which is good ig, but it's also weird bc he was previously arguing against gamma being scum? his most recent expressed read is and he's mostly been calling gamma town. the read flip is just so sudden and seems unsupported
- i also kinda think feels like he cares more about showing how his trajectory on gamma is explainable and not as sketchy as it looks, under the guise of supposedly helping CSF reach a read on gamma

- having just read the full context, is just complete bs, GL did not have an open trajectory to vote DV, and would have looked horrible doing so
- he again, just like on tweet, does a very sudden complete flip of read on mena, despite previously townreading obscure and pushing against attempts to wagon him (most recent reads in and ), starting around , with zero trajectory to support this, and yet soon after this he is pounding the table and insisting that mena is lockscum. speaking of, funny thing i noticed here was that frog demanded mena claim way before scamper pulled his gambit. mena ignored him, but i think that could be why mena was aware of his slot's claim already, and why he was very nonplussed by the scamper gambit
- I think lately he's settled in to his usual scum play of just confidently stating opinions and dodging questions

i think a lot of frog's play is difficult to understand coming from town, which isn't necessarily scummy for him. what stands out most to me is the way that his reads flip completely in ways that feel informed and don't have any real support behind them, especially on gamma, MT, and mena.
This is ranking low tier, fire posted the driest most boring and unreadable frog case out of everyone. The only thing that keeps it from being very low tier is that the amount of effort which went into writing such drivel is crazy in and of itself.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8396 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:55 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8394, Dannflor wrote:
In post 8391, Frogsterking wrote:
so am i scum or not???
In the moment I'm leaning fire because they're the only one so far who put effort into trying to make scum!frog appear logical.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8397 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8316, fireisredsir wrote:i do think you are being extremely generous to frog here tho
In post 8317, Dannflor wrote:I will try to reset and relook at Frog for you
Look at you getting pocketed like a total...I don't know. You were doing fine before this Dann.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8398 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

what can I say I have my weaknesses
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8399 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8048, Datisi wrote:frogsterking
- bad interactions with hem, defending him (4120, 4288) while having very few direct interactions with hem (s)
- the awkward read vpb had on frogster (d)
- 2593 is awful (s)
- hem did not interact with frogs at all (s)
- awful interactions with/around tweetie prior to her yeet - the awkward 5479, defending tweetie (5483), attacking deasvail (5504, 5509, 5514, 5520), BUT flipping back to tweetie right after scamper and dann vote her (5528) (s)
- that time scamper called out frogs for literally lying about eira's meta and nobody gave a shit (s)
- frogs being generous to tweetie/hem while not showing the same generosity to others eg. deas (s) (note: i am currently mulling over frog/mena interactions)
I can't tell if this goes in the mid or the high tier. On the one hand it's pure insanity and on the other hand it's mundane
"I SEE POST FROG MAKE. I SEE FROG SCUM. ME BIG TUNNEL HURR HURR."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”