Newbie 2103 | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Phenenas
Phenenas
He
Goon
Phenenas
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:49 pm

Post by Phenenas »

Vote Count 1.2

BloodB0t (3): FancyPants, THE LARGE MAN, MightyCannon
LutoTheController (2): Wayward Son, MegAzumarill
MightyCannon (1): BloodB0t

Not Voting (3): Space, LutoTheController, NorwegianboyEE

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 1 is October 22nd at 7:48 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2022-10-22 08:48:04).

Mod Notes: Space, FancyPants, MegAzumarill, and NorwegianboyEE have all been prodded.
Last edited by Phenenas on Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are some who call me...Tim.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:53 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

36 hours prods now? I thought it was 48. Sorry i've been busy with an school assignment. I'll be more active once that is out of the way.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:06 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

I am here and will post later today
Imprefection is the spice of life.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:00 am

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 120, MightyCannon wrote: Also many people are townreadig wayward rn for really no reason rn ,u can say the same reason for slots like NorwegianboyEE but i think their posts do feel genuine although there arent many indulging posts by them so i dont think they are a hard town rn

Yeah I'm not really sure about my town reads on wayward and NBEE anymore. Hopefully NBEE's promised upcoming reflections will provide something alignment indicative. Town Wayward from last game was also much more laissez-fair. I don't really like his push on Luto.

@Wayward Can you explain what about the whole game made you read me as town before you posted because at this point I'm feeling like it could be a pocket attempt, just cashing in on my initial friendliness towards you.

VOTE: Wayward Son
MightyCannon
MightyCannon
idrc
Townie
MightyCannon
idrc
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: idrc

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:54 am

Post by MightyCannon »

In post 128, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 120, MightyCannon wrote: Also many people are townreadig wayward rn for really no reason rn ,u can say the same reason for slots like NorwegianboyEE but i think their posts do feel genuine although there arent many indulging posts by them so i dont think they are a hard town rn

Yeah I'm not really sure about my town reads on wayward and NBEE anymore. Hopefully NBEE's promised upcoming reflections will provide something alignment indicative. Town Wayward from last game was also much more laissez-fair. I don't really like his push on Luto.

@Wayward Can you explain what about the whole game made you read me as town before you posted because at this point I'm feeling like it could be a pocket attempt, just cashing in on my initial friendliness towards you.

VOTE: Wayward Son
Hmm this feels like a townie post tbh

Also @TheLargeMan ithink i had already given my reads
But i am kinda shifting on srs rn tbh bloodb0t feels more townier and townier as the day progresses and they have responded quite well to pressure so I dont think a bloodb0t vote should be considered rn
Wayward feels town because there are multiple instances of them being declared town which feel like pockets but i am unsure
Bloodb0t's statement above makes me want to reconsider this townread tbh but i dont think wayward is a vote regardless

NorwegianboyEE is quite similar and has a general townliness in their post although i need more indepth posts from them

I feel like more pressure is to be put on Megazumarill here since they havent really taken a good stance to anything by now
VOTE: Megazumarill
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:27 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 108, FancyPants wrote:Also wayward and TGM are town, I love the latter's paranoid.

Be afraid scum I'm coming for you

Space
Luto
MightyCannon
BloodB0t

2 scum are in there four.
I am mostly of the opinion this is correct although I'd swap MC for Wayward Son.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised at a Bloodbot/Wayward team.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:29 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

A big part of my provlem with Bloodbot this game is it's hard to distinguish if I'm having a playstyle clash with them or if they are just scum.

It feels like the former but it's hard to fully discount the latter
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:41 am

Post by FancyPants »

Please excuse my lack of activity, I will get to it in about 6 hours.
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:04 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

I also have hectic mondays but will be active tomorrow.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

Apologies to everyone. In hindsight I should have declared a V/LA. We had a birthday bash that lasted into the wee hours, and by the time I got home all I wanted to see was the insides of my eyelids.
In post 128, BloodB0t wrote:@Wayward Can you explain what about the whole game made you read me as town before you posted 46 because at this point I'm feeling like it could be a pocket attempt, just cashing in on my initial friendliness towards you.
Wishful thinking? I look for Town a lot. Early reads and tinfoil theories (especially Day 1) help jumpstart discussion. I still lean Town on you.

My case on Luto looks solid from my house, what do you not like about it? I don't think asking people to look at a short ISO and give an opinion is forcing them to do homework.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:26 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 74, FancyPants wrote:@Waywayrd, why is bloodbot town?
After writing my last post, I went and ISOed him, and I think there's a chance I'm wrong.
In post 68, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 67, BloodB0t wrote: Gun to my head, if I had to form a mafia team, I guess Luto is a little suspicious, he's inactive mostly.
Hardly
made a sound or nothing. But I will give him a pass.
*Correction in bold.
Luto asked why BloodBot would give him a pass, but he never responded. Some of their questions and opinions seem very cog-dis. I don't see progression on some reads like I feel there should be, and it feels there's a blowing in the wind going on here. I understand reads change over time, but I'm really confused on BloodBot's reads and how (if) they got there.
In post 100, BloodB0t wrote:Luto I'm not worried about. We can chalk it up to vibes. But I wish he was more active.
I don't understand this post coming when and where it did.
In post 100, BloodB0t wrote:Norw still town. I can related to feeling the need to change to a more detached and unbiased style.
This made me feel we were both agreeing on NorwegianboyEE being town. For the same reason.
In post 100, BloodB0t wrote:@FancyPants What do you find weird about Norw wanting to be detached and unbiased?
This also made me think we were on the same wavelength. After I'm not sure of anything when it comes to BloodBot.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:10 am

Post by BloodB0t »

Well, I never responded to Luto directly, but I did give my reason for the townread, which is vibes, so not much to talk about or understand.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:57 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

BloodB0t on review feels really wishywashy/hedgey and I really don't like it for town. What they do have as consitant feels more telegraphed, like they want to be able to show a line of progression rather than just commiting to their reads.
I'll VOTE: BloodB0t

E-1
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:32 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

UNVOTE: BloodB0t while I type.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:38 am

Post by Space »

Activity is hard, sorry guys.
Been busy with a test.
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:05 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

In post 137, MegAzumarill wrote:BloodB0t on review feels really wishywashy/hedgey and I really don't like it for town. What they do have as consitant feels more telegraphed, like they want to be able to show a line of progression rather than just commiting to their reads.
I kind of get what you mean but I'm not sure I feel it as strongly at this point. I really just have a hard time seeing 128 coming from mafia; I feel like a mafia getting pushed semi-hard takes an easier way out instead of doing this. The Wayward Son vote in this spot seems pretty unhelpful from a mafia point of view. It makes a lot more sense imo for this to come from town who is trying to solve. I especially resonate with the suspicion of being pocketed - I feel that a lot as town and I think I'm less likely to fake it as mafia.

Honestly BloodB0t is leaning neutral/a bit townie to me at this point based off of this.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm mostly checking in to not get prodded again.
I am keeping my attention on the goings on don't worry.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:05 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

In post 104, Space wrote: As of my 2 town and scum reads, I would say Bloodbot reads scum due to being defensive and aggressive seemingly at the same time
I've just ISOed LutoTheController and he is fitting this description incredibly well imo. See:
In post 103, LutoTheController wrote: What do you even call this post? "Meh, just read that guy's ISO"
In post 115, LutoTheController wrote: I think you are dodging my implied question. What exactly in my ISO do you find interesting? If you felt my interaction with Norwee were forced/insincere, then why not lead with that and not making everyone else do your homework?
In post 123, LutoTheController wrote: So why didn't you mention this in the first place? It just seems like you want to rush a mislim on me and had to come up with something.
This combined with no game solving apart from a pretty wishy washy town read:
In post 70, LutoTheController wrote:I think Norwee is town. Their interactions they had just strikes me as a townie chatting everyone up.
seems very typical over defensive mafia. VOTE: LutoTheController
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:06 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

As I'm now reading on I'm mind melding 129 which is town leaning Mighty Cannon for me. I also quite like his 120.
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:06 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

I would really like anybody posting after this to strongly consider/justify why they're not voting for Luto.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Actually since i'm here. Large Man's action could in theory be faked but them unvoting Bloodb0t whom they previously had a decently strong scum read on seems like a townie development of an read. This is based on their explanation of why they changed their course as well.
Cannot conclude about Bloodb0t with just this, but i do feel decently strongly that Large Man isn't mafia.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Sorry but i felt bad about not having said anything really substantial up to now, and i'm still relatively busy for two days. So i had to give something.
Be back with more later.

- Bunno
Phenenas
Phenenas
He
Goon
Phenenas
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Phenenas »

LutoTheController has been prodded.
There are some who call me...Tim.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:57 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 142, THE LARGE MAN wrote:
In post 104, Space wrote: As of my 2 town and scum reads, I would say Bloodbot reads scum due to being defensive and aggressive seemingly at the same time
I've just ISOed LutoTheController and he is fitting this description incredibly well imo. See:
In post 103, LutoTheController wrote: What do you even call this post? "Meh, just read that guy's ISO"
In post 115, LutoTheController wrote: I think you are dodging my implied question. What exactly in my ISO do you find interesting? If you felt my interaction with Norwee were forced/insincere, then why not lead with that and not making everyone else do your homework?
In post 123, LutoTheController wrote: So why didn't you mention this in the first place? It just seems like you want to rush a mislim on me and had to come up with something.
This combined with no game solving apart from a pretty wishy washy town read:
In post 70, LutoTheController wrote:I think Norwee is town. Their interactions they had just strikes me as a townie chatting everyone up.
seems very typical over defensive mafia. VOTE: LutoTheController
The difference you miss here is that Luto is doing this over a particular push they think is poor, either in intention or substance.

I also don't see how 70 is wishy-washy
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:35 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

In post 148, MegAzumarill wrote: I also don't see how 70 is wishy-washy
"Their interactions strike me as townie" isn't wishy washy?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”