Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:59 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 150, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 366, Dannflor wrote:is putting all solving in hood more likely to come from town or scum

open question i honestly dont know
Fwiw I am more inclined to put random thoughts in the hood than I otherwise would be due to the post limit. Otherwise I would have said it's probably +scum to solve mostly in a good, where you need to fool fewer people. As is, I think it depends on the person.
actually dats is probably right that it's +town in general. Idk what I was thinking last night. I was tired.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:02 am

Actually yeah Shiidaji is just super town right?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:02 am

like I read that post and legit thought it was RVS
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:23 am

Post by catboi »

In post 153, mastina wrote:Hi I am a mason. :)

:P
LMAO

rigged rand I swear

(for legal purposes this is a joke)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:58 am

Post by catboi »

In post 148, Dannflor wrote:
In post 140, Datisi wrote:gut is telling me that bell is a SCUMMY SCUMFUCK because he generally doesn't read me wrong

but it's only page 6 and i'm trying to calm my bloodthirsty omgus for now
In post 142, Datisi wrote:meh could be lole

i'll probably sheep y'all on him, i have had very few games where i was town with him so i don't have much exp actually sorting him you feel
I'm a little confused why you expect him to have an accurate read on you if you haven't played together as town very much
In post 149, Datisi wrote:because i'd expect him to be able to recognise scumtisi correctly

but like i said in 140, i'm not trying to jump on it (because i know we haven't played that much together)
Wait, why do you expect Bell in particular to be able to recognize you as scum?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:17 am

Post by catboi »

In post 160, mastina wrote:
In post 34, Something_Smart wrote:I'm not normally one to use PT's heavily but boy howdy if there were ever a time to start, it would be right now.
(I have actually had good neighborhoods before, it's pretty rare, but I have high hopes for this one.)
I'll say that I instantly trust Datisi, catboi, and Dannflor; none of them are going to be scum.

The instant vibes on page one were pure.

It wasn't until you posted that I saw possible scum.

Does that mean you are scum?

Well no.

It's just that you're not the instatown that the other three are.
(Admittedly I count myself among the not instatown, but with luck, I can show I'm town with time.)

If there's scum in here (which statistically there should be), I know it's not me and I trust all of Dann/Datisi/catboi, so that'd leave the scum as the only one I don't trust.

But there's no guarantee of scum in here.
I mean, as much as I would enjoy this being an all-town hood, I think the odds are improbable. It's not
impossible
, but I'm going to treat this as potentially containing scum until I have reason to think otherwise. It would be a huge disrespect to the scumgames of the people here for me to assume they're town based on what they've posted so far, and I think everyone here is a more than capable scum player. (s_s will downplay his abilities but I think he's underrated. I just also think his towntells are pronounced in comparison to the rest of you. god knows my read rate on mastina is abysmal.)

I've basically been taking a hands off approach so far because I think it'll be easier for me to get a read on the rest of you by observing how you're approaching other players, rather than reading directly, and so far I've been undecided on the alignments of Dann and Datisi. I might open more if I decide I can trust people but until then I'm going to be cautious.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 204, catboi wrote:Wait, why do you expect Bell in particular to be able to recognize you as scum?
because he had correctly done so the past 1/2/3 times that we played?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Datisi »

like, i wrote "usually he doesn't read me wrong" in the first post that i started this, i thought it was clear that my thoughts were "bell usually reads me right so -points for not reading me right, but i know it's early and we didn't play that much together actually so not a significant number of -points" and i am confused why you both keep pressing on it
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:24 am

In post 206, Datisi wrote:
In post 204, catboi wrote:Wait, why do you expect Bell in particular to be able to recognize you as scum?
because he had correctly done so the past 1/2/3 times that we played?
the past .17 times?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't remember how many times we actually played or how many times he read me right or how many times was i which alignment and i just woke up from a nap and i am not going to actually check JEEZ
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:30 am

I feel like the logic is significantly more valid if he's caught you 3 times as scum than if he's caught you once, though.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:31 am

Post by catboi »

In post 207, Datisi wrote:like, i wrote "usually he doesn't read me wrong" in the first post that i started this, i thought it was clear that my thoughts were "bell usually reads me right so -points for not reading me right, but i know it's early and we didn't play that much together actually so not a significant number of -points" and i am confused why you both keep pressing on it
Because the exact history was not particularly clear based on the way you described it
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 211, catboi wrote:
In post 207, Datisi wrote:like, i wrote "usually he doesn't read me wrong" in the first post that i started this, i thought it was clear that my thoughts were "bell usually reads me right so -points for not reading me right, but i know it's early and we didn't play that much together actually so not a significant number of -points" and i am confused why you both keep pressing on it
Because the exact history was not particularly clear based on the way you described it
you see, that would be because i am not aware of the *exact* history myself either, and don't want to write something that's factually wrong, but i didn't consider it important for the actual point of "bell slightly sus"
~M
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:35 am

Post by catboi »

I guess it is safe for me to say I am also an apprentice and the warrior ceremony is probably the game's central mechanic.

I will also say that I do not have a particular desire to receive the warrior ceremony and in fact bestowing it upon me is probably a bad idea.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:38 am

Post by catboi »

Anyway I need to get some fucking work done today before the weekend hits so I'm closing this tab bai~
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Datisi »

s_s, the fact that you're like, actually voting and HAVIGN READS is throwing me for a fucking look lmao
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Datisi »

loop*

k and p aren't even that close on the keyboard, wtf
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:54 am

I know, right? It's weird!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Datisi »

do you actually have the reads you're expressing or are you just making them up?
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:56 am

I'm kinda wondering if anyone's gonna say something about it tbh

Though most of the people who know me well are already in this PT where I talked about it in advance.

Pedit: I mean I'm exaggerating/forcing myself to be decisive to some extent but they're not completely made-up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:56 am

In post 219, Something_Smart wrote:Pedit: I mean I'm exaggerating/forcing myself to be decisive to some extent but they're not completely made-up.
and my understanding is that this is a pretty common thing, especially early.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 201, Something_Smart wrote:Actually yeah Shiidaji is just super town right?
In post 202, Something_Smart wrote:like I read that post and legit thought it was RVS
i don't understand this

and yeah, it's common, half my reads in rvs are so weak they're practically made up
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:58 am

like, why would you post so little in the main thread that it literally looks like you aren't playing the game, when in fact you are doing analysis and just not letting people see it? what purpose does that serve as scum?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Datisi »

did someone say that he is posting "a ton" in the clan pt? because i'm not sure where you're getting that idea otherwise
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:10 am

Seems like it was one wallpost: viewtopic.php?p=13530715#p13530715

Return to “Completed Game Topics”