catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by catboi »

I've had a long day at work and haven't had time to read the whole thread properly but that kittytacky post is the worst I've seen in this game by quite a bit.
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 598, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Every game lately is like this. I try play in a way that makes me have fun and also can solve at the same time. But i always end up feeling annoyed. I didn’t even really want to sign up to this in the first place. But now i’m here and just as expected i’m first wagon. All i can do is grit my teeth and bear it. I don’t even know why i manage to continue despite feeling miserable. It’s some kind of strange stubborness that never let’s up.
i'm not really sure what you're intending to accomplish with this beyond dragging the thread mood down
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 592, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I also don’t intend to argue with all that text. You’ll either realize you’re wrong or i can die. I don’t rly care. I signed up to play with Alisae not get stressed out by the game. That’s why i’ll keep posting all of my thoughts almost exlusively in hood.
glgl convincing ne this is scum u just cant its not possible.

--
In post 597, Mistyx wrote:why is that the only vote you seem to care about?
I probably SHOULDN'T answer for Norwee, and this might not be Norwee's answer, but if I can provide imput as someone who has been fos' by mastina a lot, being pushed my mastina is pretty triggering due to her rhetoric and just how she is?
i've felt this way in the past, and understanding Norwee as a person, I would say that him feeling that way is just, valid?
I wouldn't say it's an alignment indicative thing but I'll provide a nugget ig. If we were scum together I would probably just tell Norwee in a private topic to just not engage, just makes more sense not to. It's not like people are going to let mastina influence their actions or read her posts. Engaging doesn't do anything, if anything, probably makes mastina look more credible, and wastes posts. Like she's just not worth it lmfao
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 600, catboi wrote:I've had a long day at work and haven't had time to read the whole thread properly but that kittytacky post is the worst I've seen in this game by quite a bit.
the worst? how so?
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 602, Alisae wrote:It's not like people are going to let mastina influence their actions or read her posts.
didnt bell vote norwee explicitly because of mastina's read? i don't think this is necessarily true
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Mistyx »

i avoid reading into emotional posts on personal policy so i don't think you're going to move me with that

i've been trying to get norwee to engage with me on multiple occasions and he's ignored me so i doubt i'm moving my vote until he acknowledges my questions towards him
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 601, Mistyx wrote:
In post 598, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Every game lately is like this. I try play in a way that makes me have fun and also can solve at the same time. But i always end up feeling annoyed. I didn’t even really want to sign up to this in the first place. But now i’m here and just as expected i’m first wagon. All i can do is grit my teeth and bear it. I don’t even know why i manage to continue despite feeling miserable. It’s some kind of strange stubborness that never let’s up.
i'm not really sure what you're intending to accomplish with this beyond dragging the thread mood down
What were
you
intending to accomplish with
this
post?

FWIW I think in almost every game I've seen norwee gets pushed early and after a while he got sick of it. I'm assuming that was part of why he left the site earlier this year. I don't think him expressing frustration is inherently alignment indicative because it'd be genuine regardless, but his play here seems more or less like NQN2, where I tried to push him when I was scum. My general vibes are toward him being town but in general a post like this seems pointlessly inflammatory toward him
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 603, Alisae wrote:
In post 600, catboi wrote:I've had a long day at work and haven't had time to read the whole thread properly but that kittytacky post is the worst I've seen in this game by quite a bit.
the worst? how so?
its a bunch of quote stripes followed by one-liners with no thought put into them, half of them don't even say anything important, and he ends it with a really obviously opportunistic vote on half baked reasoning - just "I'm convinced" and absolutely nothing more which doesn't feel like he had real thoughts about norwee's alignment at all

It's about the most classically newbscum post you'll ever see
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 604, Mistyx wrote:
In post 602, Alisae wrote:It's not like people are going to let mastina influence their actions or read her posts.
didnt bell vote norwee explicitly because of mastina's read? i don't think this is necessarily true
Bell voted Norwee because mastina told Bell they have like some made up number of what, 98.something% that's wrong? From what I read it doesn't look like the read itself influenced Bell but rather mastina's confidence.

When I think of the read influencing someone reading, I think of how Kitty voted Norwee, whom literally said that the case, aka the explanation of the read, caused them to vote Norwee.

But I mean ya at the end of the day they did influence 2 people to vote but when she is going to need to rally a total of 11 villagers if she wants to vote out a scum!Norwee that is aligned with me. 3 out of 2, kinda small, ngl.
Now, that's not taking into consideration what our alignment ACTUALLY is. Maybe mastina will get her wagon because scum will seize the moment to try to get a town!norwee killed. In a way that's less villagers required for her to kill a villager, so that makes her attempt at killing Norwee easier ig.
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 606, catboi wrote:
In post 601, Mistyx wrote:
What were
you
intending to accomplish with
this
post?

FWIW I think in almost every game I've seen norwee gets pushed early and after a while he got sick of it. I'm assuming that was part of why he left the site earlier this year. I don't think him expressing frustration is inherently alignment indicative because it'd be genuine regardless, but his play here seems more or less like NQN2, where I tried to push him when I was scum. My general vibes are toward him being town but in general a post like this seems pointlessly inflammatory toward him
i've had bad experiences with high emotion over stuff like this and i didn't want a repeat

maybe i could've phrased it better but i'm tired sue me
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 607, catboi wrote:
the worst? how so?
its a bunch of quote stripes followed by one-liners with no thought put into them, half of them don't even say anything important, and he ends it with a really obviously opportunistic vote on half baked reasoning - just "I'm convinced" and absolutely nothing more which doesn't feel like he had real thoughts about norwee's alignment at all

why does this (specifically the part about the vote) apply about kt's vote on norwee but not norwee's vote on char
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 361, Alisae wrote:
In post 359, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:FOS SHIIDAJI
YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HE JUST POSTED IN HOOD OH MY GOD
In post 364, Alisae wrote:ok I think I have parsed this post.

townreads bell for 24. (Honestly, not bad)
31 gives him "bad vibes." Guy goes on to say it comes from the formatting of the post (You cannot make up how he described what it is he did to describe what he felt about the formatting/spacing)
likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
52 i just don't get what is going on with his commentary here at all??? (I think this guy is reading into RVS stuff way too much)
likes 61
doesn't like 73 (???????????????)
said 99 was tmi (??????????????)
liked dann
liked 112
likes fa feels like she is explaining her push well (whatever the fuck that means)
says ceph could be scum for being snippy (Isn't that just how Ceph is. I mean can't blame him for not knowing)
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
In post 369, Alisae wrote:
In post 366, Dannflor wrote:is putting all solving in hood more likely to come from town or scum

open question i honestly dont know
I mean my first reaction was "omg are we actually reading hard into posts pre 100. Are we ACTUALLY saying SS is scum and that Charloux is DEFENSIVE??? What is going on in this post" but as I was reading along with it, there were somethings that made, sense, somethings that didn't and somethings about the post that just seemed townie?

Honestly, if he is scum, and he reads the hood, I'm not sure why he would post that??? Maybe it just makes more sense that the intent is to spew himself to his hood??? Honestly that makes more sense if he's just a villager doing his thing and posting that kind of post, it seems, out of touch if anything?
Alisae can you explain what was it about his post that made you react the way you did in this first post? Because your description of it makes it sound pretty benign to me
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Mistyx »

catboi is town on a tell that i just made up
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:56 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 610, Mistyx wrote:
the worst? how so?

why does this (specifically the part about the vote) apply about kt's vote on norwee but not norwee's vote on char
In post 407, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Charloux
I think there’s been major off vibes from this slot. They’ve been involved in multiple shifty scenarios now and their responses always pinged me as weird.
This vote? There's a structure of an
actual thought
there, even if it doesn't say a ton and amounts to a gut read - it doesn't strike me as being nearly as clumsy as kittytacky's and the explanation in is basically fine? I can believe norwee finds those posts scummy as town. It's not the same as "yeah I agree" VOTE:
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 611, catboi wrote:Alisae can you explain what was it about his post that made you react the way you did in this first post? Because your description of it makes it sound pretty benign to me
covers it more detailed but it just looked like newbscum at a first scan. On a first scan I thought it was reacting a bit too much about stuff that happened in rvs. Talking about rvs posts that didn't really do anything and on top of that coming to really weird conclusions so it looked scummy at a first glance. was me actually trying to read and parse the post along with my reactions to some of his thoughts. Like, at a glance, if one read the conclusion he came to off of post 31 without reading what he had to say about the post itself, it looked weird. Like getting "bad vibes" from SS' I just don't see how that happens but the way he sells it makes it look like it could be something that he actually believes.

Does this help?
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 613, catboi wrote:
In post 610, Mistyx wrote:
the worst? how so?

In post 407, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Charloux
I think there’s been major off vibes from this slot. They’ve been involved in multiple shifty scenarios now and their responses always pinged me as weird.
This vote? There's a structure of an
actual thought
there, even if it doesn't say a ton and amounts to a gut read - it doesn't strike me as being nearly as clumsy as kittytacky's and the explanation in is basically fine? I can believe norwee finds those posts scummy as town. It's not the same as "yeah I agree" VOTE:
i would argue that actually makes it worse? norwee's reasoning feels really thin to me - it's there but it doesn't really feel like it was a genuine thought and not just an after the fact justification, and i feel like scum would go to more effort to at least look like there's some solving happening

so i think a follow with thin reasoning is worse than one without reasoning
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 612, Mistyx wrote:catboi is town on a tell that i just made up
always the best kind
In post 614, Alisae wrote:
In post 611, catboi wrote:Alisae can you explain what was it about his post that made you react the way you did in this first post? Because your description of it makes it sound pretty benign to me
covers it more detailed but it just looked like newbscum at a first scan. On a first scan I thought it was reacting a bit too much about stuff that happened in rvs. Talking about rvs posts that didn't really do anything and on top of that coming to really weird conclusions so it looked scummy at a first glance. was me actually trying to read and parse the post along with my reactions to some of his thoughts. Like, at a glance, if one read the conclusion he came to off of post 31 without reading what he had to say about the post itself, it looked weird. Like getting "bad vibes" from SS' I just don't see how that happens but the way he sells it makes it look like it could be something that he actually believes.

Does this help?
yeah I was just really confused at what could have possibly provoked that reaction to begin with, but I guess I get it that sometimes your first impression of a post can be way different than how you feel about it after you stop to think about what it says
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 615, Mistyx wrote:i would argue that actually makes it worse? norwee's reasoning feels really thin to me - it's there but it doesn't really feel like it was a genuine thought and not just an after the fact justification, and i feel like scum would go to more effort to at least look like there's some solving happening

so i think a follow with thin reasoning is worse than one without reasoning
I don't know the thing is I've played a bunch with norwee so I don't necessarily expect deep reasoning from him, at least early on. I have almost definitely mis-elimmed him for reasons similar to this.
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Mistyx »

so this is another case of meta i dont have okay cool
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

mildly unfortunate that i started thinking mastina makes a surprising amount of sense this game and then she started not-really-townreading me which makes this take seem ally-motivated

norwe sounds a lot like i do when i'm scum frustrated about being the first wagon

that kittytacky post is really bad

VOTE: kittytacky
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 573, mastina wrote:
In post 281, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 279, Alisae wrote:Rookie scum mistake to overreact to me expression my feelings on a fos.
Like do you self-consciously believe that a case was like coming onto you??? That's what I think is going on in the head of scum!you.
I did not vote you, and I asked Ceph "is this actually scum, or am I just reading everything as scummy"
But I am advancing a case on you???

Like, this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Newer player rands wolf.
Newer player starts to feel like they are being suspected
Newer player overeacts and attacks the person in response to suspecting them
The person in return attacks them harder because the newer player is acting unnatural and unreasonably to the attacker.
i don't really understand what about this makes val scum tbh
like this narrative is one that could have happened if he was scum, but what makes you think that's most likely? what about it is not believable as coming from town?
Exactly, fire.

You'd know exactly the sort of reaction I think this is and why it's scum from you having made this sort of reaction when you were scum. :P

I think Alisae is scum here for similar reasons I thought your reaction to my claim made you scum. It's not
identical
, but it's
similar
--Alisae's reaction is overblown. Alisae's reaction is disproportionate. Alisae's reaction was a snap-reaction that was fairly OMGUSy. Sound familiar to you?

Because to me those are the hallmarks of scum that made a somewhat-panicked snap-decision to react to a town player hitting a nerve.

A town-Alisae WOULD put thought into how it could come from town. A town-Alisae would know the narrative was wrong, but not know that it came from scum. The instant judgement of Val being scum is incredibly damning for Alisae as being Alisae as scum having made a bit of an impulsive reaction that e wouldn't have made as town.

Yes, I know Alisae is impulsive regardless of alignment.
Yes, I know Alisae is reactive regardless of alignment.
Yes, I know Alisae can make OMGUSy moves as town.
Yes, I know Alisae can make snap-decisions and instantly come to a conclusion.

But there's a difference between 'can', and 'would'.

I believe a town-Alisae would not have the impulse to overreact to Val and instantly pivot to the OMGUSy push there. A town-Alisae might react to it, but not in the way e did.
I think there's a world of difference between the scenario from datisi's cafe that you're talking about and this game. In that game fire's reaction was to a
faked guilty
which carries a significant degree of weight to it - people are very likely to vote you for it and you can't really ignore it. Scum panicking and overreacting in that scenario is very understandable. By comparison a singular vote on Day 1 carries not much weight at all - it wasn't like val's case was particularly likely to get alisae killed on its own so I don't believe they would overreact in such a panicky way as scum. I
would
buy it if this was being done by a more raw or inexperienced player who would be more likely to feel threatened by minor suspicion. But someone who is actually good at scum knows 1 vote on day 1 doesn't mean all that much and isn't going to overreact. I just don't buy the argument that "alisae panicked because val was close to the truth", because my impression of alisae's scumgame is that they are significantly
less
impulsive (although this is secondhand knowledge). They might
fake
being impulsive since it's what people expect of them but a move like that doesn't strike me as particularly considered or tactical.

I also think describing it as "instantly pivoting" to an OMGUS doesn't really sum things up accurately - alisae had clearly shown suspicion of val prior to that point, and the response to val was an escalation of the read rather a sudden change of any sort. I think in particular the expression of "Rookie scum mistake to overreact to me expression my feelings on a fos" feels way more likely to come from town who feels like they've caught scum out with their suspicion and have baited them into a scummy response. I think it comes from a place of alisae having confidence in their own innocence and believing val's attack on them had no validity and must be coming from scum rather than any sort of survival instinct.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:37 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i like catboi's posting on this page quite a bit more than previous stuff which is a nice surprise. not enough to lean town yet but im less worried there i think

kitty doesn't feel scummy in quite the same way that he felt scummy when i played with him when he was scum but he still feels kinda scummy so sure

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 364, Alisae wrote:ok I think I have parsed this post.

townreads bell for 24. (Honestly, not bad)
31 gives him "bad vibes." Guy goes on to say it comes from the formatting of the post (You cannot make up how he described what it is he did to describe what he felt about the formatting/spacing)
likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
52 i just don't get what is going on with his commentary here at all??? (I think this guy is reading into RVS stuff way too much)
likes 61
doesn't like 73 (???????????????)
said 99 was tmi (??????????????)
liked dann
liked 112
likes fa feels like she is explaining her push well (whatever the fuck that means)
says ceph could be scum for being snippy (Isn't that just how Ceph is. I mean can't blame him for not knowing)
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
I'm willing to buy Shiidaji as town just by virtue of you/Norwee being scum. :P
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 388, Datisi wrote:something something good scumgame big paranoia etc etc

i did vaguely read your thoughts on him but they didn't really resonate with me one way or another, so

i was hoping to gain insight by seeing his read on me but apparently he has NONE so far so idk i will just be vibing there for now
That is probably because you haven't done something that makes me feel like giving a read on you yet!

In our last game you were obvious town to me very quickly but I haven't gotten that same feeling from your posts here. However, you also haven't done anything I've read as scummy, either. So far I think your thoughts on the game have been
fine
but they mostly just exist. I haven't seen anything I'd regard from you as a unique or complex thought I could definitely mark you as town by so I'm mostly reserving judgment.

Like, do you think you're out of scum range right now? Because so far I think you're in the middle of both your ranges.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 621, fireisredsir wrote:i like catboi's posting on this page quite a bit more than previous stuff which is a nice surprise. not enough to lean town yet but im less worried there i think

kitty doesn't feel scummy in quite the same way that he felt scummy when i played with him when he was scum but he still feels kinda scummy so sure

I should apparently write more half-assed ramblings at 2 AM, then

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”