Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:28 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 698, catboi wrote:This is, uh, an Interesting statement considering that I would not expect that read on Penguin from most players. I ?probably? have the best read on Penguin out of anyone in this game and I think he's been decidedly null so far. He gets more readable as the game goes on and I expect by the end of Day 1 I should have a strong read on his alignment But I don't so far. What did you see from him you thought was towny?
I BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE AND I AM EITHER POCKETED OR GOT LUCKY (MAYBE DUE TO HOOD?) AND SAW SOMETHING IN PENGUIN'S POSTS WHICH YOU HAVEN'T YET
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:32 am

Post by catboi »

In post 698, catboi wrote:
In post 499, Mistyx wrote:val is probably town, the commitment to the alisae case and then cooling on the read unprompted didn’t feel like agenda (on phone so not grabbing postnums)
I don't think this is particularly good rationale given scum can easily soften/temper a scumread they aren't finding any support on and I
kind of
think that was what was happening with Val - the overall response to his Alisae case seemed to be a collective shoulder shrug and in that instance I think scum typically doesn't keep trying to argue something they know won't work. I think that
might be what have happened, actually, but I'd want to go dig in the ISO first.
Nah, I went to look at Val's posts and I'm not feeling him as scum, the stuff about reporting on posts in the hood and feeling like alisae might be pocketing norwee dosen't feel like scum trying to make a point, in particular because trying to base arguments on posts a majority of the game cannot see is really unlikely to gain traction with anyone and I expect as scum he'd be a bit more conscious of optics and making arguments that might actually be persuasive. Far more likely he believes he's actually caught on to something. fwiw though I think alisae and norwee are friends, iirc? and I would sort of expect that type of interaction between them as he described it. So. Not really feeling the case but don't think val's scum for it.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:33 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 364, Alisae wrote:ok I think I have parsed this post.

townreads bell for 24. (Honestly, not bad)
31 gives him "bad vibes." Guy goes on to say it comes from the formatting of the post (You cannot make up how he described what it is he did to describe what he felt about the formatting/spacing)
likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
52 i just don't get what is going on with his commentary here at all??? (I think this guy is reading into RVS stuff way too much)
likes 61
doesn't like 73 (???????????????)
said 99 was tmi (??????????????)
liked dann
liked 112
likes fa feels like she is explaining her push well (whatever the fuck that means)
says ceph could be scum for being snippy (Isn't that just how Ceph is. I mean can't blame him for not knowing)
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
IDK I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND I THINK THIS MAY BE KIND OF SCUMMY?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 698, catboi wrote:This is true, but I feel like you've tended toward being more paranoid of those pushing you than what you've shown here?
on average, yeah. but the thing about being so self-aware of your towngame and whether you're in the flow of the game is that it's impossible for me to be paranoid when i explicitly feel i'm not in the flow and i don't feel malice from those pushing me. i am fairly certain that you should be aware of this, that i don't exactly show paranoia towards those whom i'm townreading and/or feel are reasonable in townreading me.

i'm not quite clear whether you think this is scummy from me? do you think i show (or at least try to show) that same paranoia as scum?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 702, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:

31 gives him "bad vibes." Guy goes on to say it comes from the formatting of the post (You cannot make up how he described what it is he did to describe what he felt about the formatting/spacing)
likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
52 i just don't get what is going on with his commentary here at all??? (I think this guy is reading into RVS stuff way too much)
likes 61
liked dann
liked 112
likes fa feels like she is explaining her push well (whatever the fuck that means)
says ceph could be scum for being snippy (Isn't that just how Ceph is. I mean can't blame him for not knowing)
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
What about it is scummy
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:50 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 704, Alisae wrote:

likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
likes 61
liked dann
liked 112
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
What about it is scummy
IT SEEMS LIKE IT COULD BE BOTH FISHING FOR TOWNREADS AND SHOWING A FEAR OF POSTING IN THE MAIN THREAD?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 705, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:

likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
likes 61
liked dann
liked 112
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
What about it is scummy
IT SEEMS LIKE IT COULD BE BOTH FISHING FOR TOWNREADS AND SHOWING A FEAR OF POSTING IN THE MAIN THREAD?
You're referring to Shiida? I am confused
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:06 am

Post by catboi »

In post 703, Datisi wrote:
In post 698, catboi wrote:This is true, but I feel like you've tended toward being more paranoid of those pushing you than what you've shown here?
on average, yeah. but the thing about being so self-aware of your towngame and whether you're in the flow of the game is that it's impossible for me to be paranoid when i explicitly feel i'm not in the flow and i don't feel malice from those pushing me. i am fairly certain that you should be aware of this, that i don't exactly show paranoia towards those whom i'm townreading and/or feel are reasonable in townreading me.

i'm not quite clear whether you think this is scummy from me? do you think i show (or at least try to show) that same paranoia as scum?
I said it later in the post (while not speaking to you directly) but I *do* think it's slightly suspicious but not enough for me to vote you for it. From memory, I think as scum you're less likely to to respond aggressively to suspicion.

---

likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
likes 61
liked dann
liked 112
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
What about it is scummy
He's a 2011er who has played one mafia game in the past 3 years so the most natural explanation is he fell behind on the game, not that he's frozen and crying in wolf chat. I get the sense he' probably not coming back so /shrug.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i lean a little bit town on titus

i don't really have first person knowledge of what mastina scum feels like? but this feels like my experience of her as town

i don't lean town on bell anymore
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Bell »

Why so?

I'm here and paying attention, just trying to formulate an opinion based on the posts made.
While waiting for more from certain low post players.
Consider my Datisi read slightly blunted.
I can't really read Alisae.
I can't read Titus. They've kind of been like this since the last 3-5 games I've played with them. Where the activity and content is so erratic and sort of unrelated to anything that I can't make sense of what their actual trajectory is.

I'm still sitting on Norwe, because I don't think that me feeling bad if they get eliminated early if they're town is an actual reason not to kill them. It's frustrating tho.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:23 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 706, Alisae wrote:

likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
likes 61
liked dann
liked 112
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
What about it is scummy
YEAH
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:27 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 710, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:

likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
likes 61
liked dann
liked 112
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
What about it is scummy
YEAH
what is that based off of? Like, what did u see that got made u think that.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:29 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I can't spend time for mafia tonight. will catch up tomorrow sorry
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:31 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 709, Bell wrote:Why so?

I'm here and paying attention, just trying to formulate an opinion based on the posts made.
While waiting for more from certain low post players.
Consider my Datisi read slightly blunted.
I can't really read Alisae.
I can't read Titus. They've kind of been like this since the last 3-5 games I've played with them. Where the activity and content is so erratic and sort of unrelated to anything that I can't make sense of what their actual trajectory is.

I'm still sitting on Norwe, because I don't think that me feeling bad if they get eliminated early if they're town is an actual reason not to kill them. It's frustrating tho.
you seem to be either intentionally limiting the thoughts you share or just not really having them in a way that seems more like scum you

your posts feel like they're being made out of obligation rather than natural thought. especially feels way more like turing test bell than town bell

im not like too pressed about sorting you immediately tho so
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:31 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 711, Alisae wrote:
In post 710, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:

likes 41
doesn't agree w/ 51
likes 61
liked dann
liked 112
likes 204
doesn't like 234
likes misty
What about it is scummy
YEAH
what is that based off of? Like, what did u see that got made u think that.
IT SEEMS LIKE IT COULD BE BOTH FISHING FOR TOWNREADS AND SHOWING A FEAR OF POSTING IN THE MAIN THREAD
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:33 am

Post by Alisae »

That does not change my question I am asking you to show me what parts made u think he is fishing and showing a fear of posting in main thread based off of my shorthand notes of me summarizing the post.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:36 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 715, Alisae wrote:That does not change my question I am asking you to show me what parts made u think he is fishing and showing a fear of posting in main thread based off of my shorthand notes of me summarizing the post.
I CAN'T QUOTE THE ABSENCE OF SOMETHING
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Alisae »

Jkvkhdykfufjhcjhdyirouufi

I don’t get it, am I not making myself clear like?
I just wanna understand how it is you reached the conclusion that they are trying to fish for townreads while showing a fear of posting in main thread?
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:48 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 717, Alisae wrote:Jkvkhdykfufjhcjhdyirouufi

I just wanna understand how it is you reached the conclusion that they are trying to fish for townreads while showing a fear of posting in main thread?
BECAUSE THEY MADE LIKE ONE REAL POST AND DIPPED? AND IF YOU HADN'T POSTED IT, THE MAIN THREAD WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN ABLE TO SEE IT?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:02 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 718, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:

BECAUSE THEY MADE LIKE ONE REAL POST AND DIPPED? AND IF YOU HADN'T POSTED IT, THE MAIN THREAD WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN ABLE TO SEE IT?
I'm not going to say that slots like shiro, kitty, and shiida don't deserve pressure, because quite frankly it's quite needed because this game is boring.

I just don't get how we (not even you in particular) are forming any actual reads on slots that are essentially null and could technically just be anything.

Also, what I will just repeat Dann's question for you cuz I'm curious as to your answer
In post 366, Dannflor wrote:is putting all solving in hood more likely to come from town or scum

open question i honestly dont know
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:03 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 719, Alisae wrote:

I'm not going to say that slots like shiro, kitty, and shiida don't deserve pressure, because quite frankly it's quite needed because this game is boring.

I just don't get how we (not even you in particular) are forming any actual reads on slots that are essentially null and could technically just be anything.

Also, what I will just repeat Dann's question for you cuz I'm curious as to your answer
In post 366, Dannflor wrote:is putting all solving in hood more likely to come from town or scum

I DON'T KNOW. PROBABLY NEITHER?
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:26 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 720, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 719, Alisae wrote:

I DON'T KNOW. PROBABLY NEITHER?
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 504, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 318, catboi wrote:This has the potential to be a really dumb read but Norwee seems relaxed, which I think is townie? He seemed pretty stressed out when he left the site and I think if he drew scum he'd be feeling a lot of anxeity but the way he's posting just feels like he's self-assured of his own innocence. Does remind me a bit of how he was playing in the game where I tried to shitpush him as scum.
sure but how you concluded they are
relaxed
? low post count? less reaction to getting voted?
It was more in relation to what he was saying and the way he was saying it in relation to my mental model of who he is as a player. There wasn't a sense he was, like, playing with ulterior motives he just seemed to be casually posting stuff about whatever interested him. I realize "vibes" is not a particularly satisfying answer but that's basically what it boils down to and I don't know how cinvincing it'll be to anyone else.
In post 504, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 323, catboi wrote:something_smart prob town, btw.
I need you to elaborate this one for me
This, also is something tht is going to be hard to explain without getting into everything about his playstyle but in the simplest possible terms, he's involved and has actual thoughts about the game ad is trying to figure things out. By his own description his scum playstyle is "basically treading water". I realize he's consciously altering his playstyle this game because normally he never gives this many reads or is this proactive as either alignment but I lean toward believing it's real and town-motivated, because he's self-aware of how his own meta is perceived and is able to play into that as scum, and I think he'd be less likely to try a playstyle ateration as that alignment. There's also little things about who he's choosing to give reads on and the stuff he's saying about being paranoid of the people he likes solving with that rings very real to me.

---
In post 512, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:FIRE GETS MORE POWERFUL BY THE MINUTE. ALWAYS KNOW WHERE THE FIRE EXIT IS!

ANY REASON YOU CAN'T SHARE ABOUT YOUR READ ON
In post 405, mastina wrote:Crap I wanted to get caught up tonight, but I'm running out of steam.

I'm sorry, I don't think I can.

I got half-way, to page 9, but I don't think I can get everything done tonight, sorry.
VOTE: MASTINA?
Why did you choose the most NAI post imaginable from mastina to quote with a vote?

---
In post 518, Mistyx wrote:well there goes my plan to fakeclaim leader and draw a kill that would've been awesome
I kind of have trouble believing this was a real thought you actually had

---
In post 547, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 541, Cephrir wrote:honestly i see her solving the game and having any town motivation and my previous experience was watching her mail in a scum game in ktane that was so obvious i was voting her uninterrupted for like, 4 game days
this was also most of my reason for townreading misty fwiw

she's probably more capable than that as scum but in that it just didn't feel like there was any solving happening under the hood at all, and here it does. but also just like a relaxedness of not needing to force anything
I don't think townreading someone for,like, having a pulse is great reasoning and nothing she's said is partcularly impressive to me.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 605, Mistyx wrote:i avoid reading into emotional posts on personal policy so i don't think you're going to move me with that

i've been trying to get norwee to engage with me on multiple occasions and he's ignored me so i doubt i'm moving my vote until he acknowledges my questions towards him
Your questions aren’t going to solve me or change your mind. So why should i bother answering them.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by catboi »

I have a ~spicy scumread~ I will not be discussing at this point in time. But it exist, just so you know. I will give towncred if anyone can get there before me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”