Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 826, Shiro wrote:Marashu wagon is bad. I wouldn ttouch it
what about it is bad? can you elaborate why you're town reading Marashu if that's the case? something about the voters repelling you?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Cephrir you aren't being very social in a game where I would expect you to be at least semi-social

I feel like you don't really care to talk to anyone and frankly it feels like you just aren't having fun and even if you weren't really in this game yet I'd kinda expect town you to be trying to find the fun more?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

KittyTacky's response to pressure is a lot different from what I remember of scum!KittyTacky in turing test

here there's a lot more indignation "This is my town game!!~" sorta stuff

there it was "sorry, I'm playing so poorly"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:54 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Marashu
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think I found a town read on Datisi

I had a bad reaction to the Charloux vote because Charloux feels to me like the type of townie that's very easy for scum to jump on for making clunky posts. And, I think in a Large game on D1, scum are more likely to go with these safer votes because it is very easy to hide whilst still looking productive. But I think the anatomy of the vote doesn't really match up with that expectation. I don't think it really reads like Datisi was trying to push Charloux for posting bad, but more just wave his vote around to get reactions.

I've also found the reactions to pressure generally towny. I'm wary about this because I think Datisi knows what he needs to do to get town read, but I still think Datisi has been remarkably focused on making sure to use the pushes on him to sort those that are pushing him. He keeps asking catboi and me for reads on him in Shadow Clan and honestly I half get the vibe he's waiting for one of us to have a spicy scum read on him so that he can get a super solid read on one of us. And on top of that I think Datisi has still been curious about the game outside of the pushes on himself. The poke at Charloux, the reevaluation on Norwe, the thoughts on Penguin, all strike me as towny progressions that, while I *know* Datisi can fake them, they add up because I think it requires a lot of focus and brainpower to defend yourself as scum. You have to make sure you're coming off with the right tone and that you don't dig the hole deeper for yourself. The fact that Datisi has been continually focusing on stuff outside of defense and in what I'm reading as fairly effortless makes for a fairly towny tone.

There's also another thing that happened in the hood that I won't dwell too much on because I don't think it's going to do much for anyone except me. But long story short: catboi made a post that could be misinterpreted to be a scum slip. It wasn't and catboi explained what he actually meant shortly later. But in the interim, Datisi had a big emotional reaction to the post that I felt was very genuine. I think in general town is more likely to misinterpret catboi's post in that scenario. I don't think it was quite as intuitive for a scum player to see that catboi post and think "ooh, that could be a scum slip!" since most people can't see those posts you'll largely have to take my word on this though

anyway a lot of small things adding up that I think equal datisi town
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:10 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I also just generally liked the timing of the vote on Norwe and early push from Datisi

was really the first one to push the game somewhere that wasn't "did bell scum slip?" and that's the sort of thing I think scum are always a little less likely to do because if you're given a free talking point to generate content with you always take it and blend in
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

SCRRDBEAR is town and I don't think that needs much explaining. I liked the progression from having me as sus to asking about the fire and val posts to moving me up to null. It felt fairly natural and its emblematic of a quality that I think is a thorough line through BEAR's whole ISO, which is background thought processes informing BEAR's thoughts and votes. I think BEAR believing that there should be 1 scum in each group is very believable. I also believe this is likely *not* the case and therefore it would be unlikely for scum to go around talking like this in thread. Like him coming back to way later in - shows that BEAR is continually thinking about the game and going back to look at things.

I like fire for town. My vision of fire!scum is that he likes to performatively push and change his mind a lot. He likes to interact with people and then step back and reconsider. He likes to show people that he's town by putting a lot of effort into places and showing that he's *thinking* about the game. His posts don't really match that vision this game. I think him just posting takes off the bat instead of some paragraph or two long post where he stream of consciousness hedges on those takes before developing them in a showy manner is a good sign. (I'm exaggerating a little bit here but generally I expect more blatant "look I am having thought processes" type posts - especially early. I like the push on Datisi. I think voting right after me was Cool and Good. I think fire thinking in terms of datisi's engagement with himself is Towny. This isn't as strong a read as SCRRRDBEAR town but I don't think I have any other reads that match that strength anyways.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 837, fireisredsir wrote:what would make the game less zzz

do you have any hot takes you want to share
im finding the post density to be high and that activates my not-caring-o-vision

maybe i'll find something interesting later
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 851, Dannflor wrote:Cephrir you aren't being very social in a game where I would expect you to be at least semi-social

I feel like you don't really care to talk to anyone and frankly it feels like you just aren't having fun and even if you weren't really in this game yet I'd kinda expect town you to be trying to find the fun more?
i have no disagreement with this take

idk maybe it's because i'm not feeling good in real life and the result is a lack of pep. or maybe it's just too many players and too seriousbusiness. i dont disagree that im not really having fun yet and that it would be town indicative if i were.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:25 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 857, Cephrir wrote:post density to be high
oops sorry
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

is there anything we could talk about right now that you might find vaguely interesting or fun

or do you just need to keep waiting to see if something pops out at you

I'm sorry to hear real life is rough rnow
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i do have an apathetic-town model but it's been a while since it last cropped up i think

it's ok, i want to just keep waiting; also, i should not be awake right now anyway. appreciate the thought.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I should not either and I think I get overly verbose past 2 am
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

catboi, do you have a solid read on fire?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Datisi »

i wholeheartedly support the competing wagons on marashu and kittytacky

i think the two of them had a sort of similar (read: godawful) vote on norwee while i think both of them are kind of ignoring each other and the wagons that are building on one another so yes i very much want to see both of them run up

i think mastina is town and i also think there is scum hiding behind her - i am hoping to have a convo w her and potentially change her mind but uhh not very high hopes of that

i hate p much everything bell posted in the last page but /shrug still outsourcing that read to like everyone else

ok gotta run, tldr vote kitty or marashu pls k thx
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I kinda think Norwegian is town

also is there a specific scum you think is hiding behind mastina, or what is giving you that feeling exactly
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 779, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why did you not respond to what i said.
I missed it. I often miss things, especially when I'm not quoted.

This?
In post 772, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think Alisae is town.
Alisae thinks i am town.
Val thinks it’s really unlikely for me/Alisae team.

So what? We’re all scum saving each others ass?
Yes.

Just do the math and back off.
No.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by Datisi »

mastina feels town, her push on norwee feels like something that shouldn't convince people, and yet there is a steady wagon on norwee

this might just be backwards reasoning due to me scumreading marashu and kitty and townreading mastina, but /shrug

pedit: @dann
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 791, Mistyx wrote:i think i would rather have marashu as a wagon than norwee right now
Then vote Marashu and not me. I'm town.
In post 806, Datisi wrote: mastina can we kill kitty instead pls
I said my case as for why I'm town. My read for Mastina went from null to town BTW after a re-read.
In post 829, catboi wrote:
In post 746, KittyTacky wrote:Catboi is probably just wrong town tbh. I strongly TR him in spire of everything because I understand why someone would SR me for my weird playstyle. But with me, you gotta look at the motivation behind my posts.
How am I supposed to look at your motivation based on what you've offered? Because so far what you've offered is content that looks scummy to me followed by complaining about the game being hard for you when you got wagoned.
Elaborate on why is it scummy to sheep a case. What would I even have to add? I'm getting deja vu. And I'm not complaining, as I said I stop being lethargic with a bit of pressure on me.

In post 764, KittyTacky wrote:I got reminded of one of my first games that I remember well, Baseball I think, where Norwee was scum and they played pretty similar to how they play here.
Why did you not say this in the first place when you voted norwee? Can you explain to me what you think is similar between those games?
1. I forgot to elaborate further.
2. The general vibe of his posts and interactions with people. I read a lot on tone.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:13 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 868, KittyTacky wrote:I said my case as for why I'm town
you'll have noticed that i still think you're scum after it
~M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:17 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 866, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 779, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why did you not respond to what i said.
I missed it. I often miss things, especially when I'm not quoted.

This?
In post 772, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think Alisae is town.
Alisae thinks i am town.
Val thinks it’s really unlikely for me/Alisae team.

So what? We’re all scum saving each others ass?
Yes.

Just do the math and back off.
No.
Yah. Any chance for more nuanced thoughts from you would be great. Most players in my hood think your vote on me was bad. So any chance at learning more about your thoughts would be grand :)
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

sasstisi
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:20 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 838, Bell wrote:1. Because I was being sarcastic and kind of not. Because I don't know if they're right or not. So it's not *entirely* fair of me to dismiss their suspicion. If that makes sense.
2. I was in a neighborhood with a player named Taly. I explained that I suspected them and thought, while emphasizing that I wasn't sure, that they were scum, Pooky asked everyone who they suspected and made a little consensus poll. Taly was the most suspected player.
Cephrir gladiated Taly. Nancydrew, Pooky, and ProfessorDrapion disagreed with the read and proceeded to hard defend Taly. No matter how much we argued it seemed like the only options they would accept was to either eliminate Cephrir or do a no elimination. They were *that* confident that Taly was town.
Taly wasn't town. You had to be there. Anyway it kind of turned me off to Alisae's approach here and I've never responded well to a player's AtE(Norwe). So that's it in a nut shell.

My town reads right now are me, Mastina, maybe Scredbear. I'm trying to remember if anyone has done anything particularly townie and I'm sort of blanking. *shrug*
I’m sorry mate but what the hell does this have to do with me? Why even bring this up? What are you THINKING?!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:38 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I could understand it if you had more, or even null read me.
But your argument for your vote seems to essentially have become: "There was this guy once, everyone thought he was town, but he was not… so maybe in this game too it could be true. Thought about that?"
Like yeah lmao, nobody should treat anyones trust as gospel. But that also don’t mean you should use disbelieving their trust as the entire reasoning behind your argument.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:40 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also you ever played with scum!Mastina before? Why do you trust them? Genuinely why?
Nothing they’ve done so far i don’t think could be faked.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”