Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:30 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 299, Dannflor wrote:datisi why do you have me as a town lean?
not sure. i think it was something along the lines of -- your 180 on me was a bit too brash to occur naturally to scum, but also too insignificant to be something that scum would bother to fake. it's not a very strong read, and this might just be post hoc bs because i also found your earlier thoughts on me Fine And Understandable... maybe a combination of the three?

or like, the 180 at the time could've been seen as Performative and Opportunistic, and your thoughts on it didn't bring much new to the table... yeah, i reskimmed your iso around that part, this was it. too unnatural for scum to just occur, too... not good and not original for scum to bother faking as they don't exactly look great if i die

obvious not strong read etc etc but this was my thoughts at the time and i'm fine riding w it for the time being

i haven't had coffee yet pls excuse the ramble
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 852, Dannflor wrote:KittyTacky's response to pressure is a lot different from what I remember of scum!KittyTacky in turing test

here there's a lot more indignation "This is my town game!!~" sorta stuff

there it was "sorry, I'm playing so poorly"
i'm not sure if this is like, a Great reason to townread kittytacky. sure it's *different*, but i don't think it's even that hard to fake, especially when you consider there are a lot of great scum players in this game, and any one of them could've been feeding kitty info in the scum thread on how to handle pressure

THAT SAID, i don't hate the vote on marashu and am a bit supporter in those two competing wagons, so :3
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by Dannflor »

yeah i don't know that I'm actually town reading Kitty,

it's just a difference I noticed

idk Kitty strikes me as someone who is probably miselim bait a lot but sometimes (like in Turing test) that sort of slot is just Scum

I am more excited about the prospect of Marashu scum though
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 294, Datisi wrote:we'll see when he's back ig but his posting weekend utterly flat to me
do you ever reread something you posted and think "how did i forget three whole words in a 15 word sentence"
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Dannflor »

okay that makes sense. I was just expecting you to continue not having a read on me for longer
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Dannflor »

oh yes

always immediately after i posted it
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

i think at the time, i was reading a fair bit of people as ~null~, and i don't LIKE reading people as null, and also when i read too many people as null, the game starts feeling weird to me and i can't engage organically (which is a PROBLEM considering there was a wagon looming on me) so i kind of went... lower the standards for reads, read into posts more than i usually would

because even having bad reads is infinitely times better for my game and motivation than having no reads
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 861, Cephrir wrote:i do have an apathetic-town model but it's been a while since it last cropped up i think

it's ok, i want to just keep waiting; also, i should not be awake right now anyway. appreciate the thought.
vaguely liked that Cephrir didn't try to take my olive branch at all, small thing but I feel like scum!him might have seen an opportunity to try and pocket me there

at the very least I'm not scum reading him for the "not having fun" bit anymore because that seems pretty NAI for him right now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

is alisae / val ever s /s

is that dumb
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I feel like alisae had a massive overreaction to val but has since like completely dropped that? like honestly I'd be expecting alisae to be campaigning for val's head but that's just not happening
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:53 pm

Post by Datisi »

alisae doesn't make sense to me as scum for other reasons

maybe i'm confbiased, but i'd expect scum-alisae to be following up on that? rather than doing ???? yelling at bell?
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:05 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Alisae's play just feels so inconsistent to me right now

maybe that's not actually scummy
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Datisi »

i connect that w them being townie but idk
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:17 pm

Post by Datisi »

kitty really reminds me of me when i'm scum and i'm trying to force activity and change people's minds by constantly being annoying and asking them to explain whatever random nonsense i think of
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:13 am

Post by Datisi »

update check

{fire, mastina, bear} - town
{alisae} - like, somewhere in the middle of these two
{charloux, misty, s_s, catboi, dann, val, norwee} - townlean
{shidaji, cephrir} - a hair above null

{shiro} - true null
{frozen angel, titus, bell} - ??? null

{marashu} - scumlean
{kittytacky, penguinpower} - scum

this doesn't feel awful i guess??? maybe???
~M
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:54 am

Post by mastina »

Hello, will respond to this later, but:
DATISI:
If you want to convince me that Marashu is scum, fat chance of that; the answer is no.

If you want to convince me that KittyTacky is scum, no need! I'm not SURE KittyTacky is scum, but it's 60:40.

If you want to convince me that KittyTacky being scum means one/both of Norwee/Alisae are town, tho:
FUCK THAT.

Two scum HARD defending each other while a third scum busses them and is bussed by them is EXACTLY the move out of Alisae's playbook.

I need to refresh my memory to be certain, but I'm like 90% certain that ALISAE DID EXACTLY THAT IN A GAME I MODDED. (Light/Dark mafia.)
The bus half definitely happened (e literally dayvigged eir partner), but I remember Alisae hard-defending a scumbuddy there, too. (That's the part I need to double check.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:55 am

Post by mastina »

60:40 scum:town on KittyTacky to be clear.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:55 am

Post by mastina »

(Catchup here and inthread some time after work, as well as verifying my memory.)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Datisi »

my alisae and norwee reads are independent of kitty reads (well, mostly, i definitely don't think kitty being scum is the thing that clears norwee here)

explain to me why marashu is town, but please use actual reasoning and not "he is just town there is so many things that make him town" etc etc

actually do the same for penguin as well
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 315, mastina wrote:Two scum HARD defending each other while a third scum busses them and is bussed by them is EXACTLY the move out of Alisae's playbook.
i think there are so many issues in this line of reasoning but it's probably not worth getting into it with you so i'm prob just gonna try to convince you to push kitty instead and then hope one of us (or alisae or norwee) dies
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 889, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 885, Bell wrote:I’m cognizant that Norwe has done stuff since then, but I’m not sure that “won’t accept player’s reason for voting them because they have zero reason to do so as either alignment” is particularly AI.
My problem with you is that you could say this to literally anything and it would allow you to not actually explain why you vote the way you do. Like you could have voted Datisi and said "they not accepting my argument is NAI", "Mastina not accepting my argument is NAI" BLah blah blah not accepting my argument is NAI.
What does this actually say about you? It seems to me that you are just manufacturing reads and then justifying it with some logic that can be used for anything because it pretty much says nothing.
am i making stuff up or is this townie
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Datisi »

also why is bell being so weird to me
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't know

I kinda lean it town indicative as he's gotta know how like... antagonizing that is? but it's a very strange way to interact with you all the same and I don't know why he's just written you off without much fan fare so early
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Datisi »

is bell the type of scum player to pretend to antagonize peoole like that so that he can avpid having to do an actual nuanced thoughtful read on rhem later when he knows he as town would have to do thta

that's my main hangup ig rn
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Something_Smart »

datisi can you give me the tl;dr/link to where you talked about your kitty read?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”