Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Also, I should probably mention that I am going to be out of town visiting a friend from tomorrow till Sunday. I will still find time to post, but it's probably going to be one-liners/potshots rather than more in-depth stuff. That should coincide with the end of D1, N1, and the beginning of D2, so I'm not too worried.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 418, Datisi wrote:that t3 readslist makes me wanna kashoot myself, why is everyone and their mother taking a turn scumreading me this game aaaaaaah
tbh scum reading datisi now
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Datisi »

you already had your turn dann
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:11 am

Post by catboi »

In post 422, catboi wrote:
In post 419, Datisi wrote:
In post 415, catboi wrote:Yeah that was my feeling when I jumped in last night
y
v i b e s
In post 423, Datisi wrote:i am not worried i am just annoyed and tired

thank you catboi very cool
no but in all seriousness it's just one of those things where I look at an argument and see both people are highly invested in it and they both seem to legitimately believe the things they're saying but are arguing past one another because they're not able to acceot the perspective of the other person. That's the best way I can describe how it feels when I see a TvT argument (or when I'm a part of one). and simply
at a glance
that was the feeling I got when I looked in, which kind of felt like how i felt about you and schiavetto in the d6 game (i'm not going back to check to see if my memory is accurate on that because fuck that game)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

but i want a LONGER turn
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:12 am

Post by catboi »

although it would be very funny if i simply answered all questions directed at me here with "vibes" now
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:12 am

In post 424, Dannflor wrote:I do admit I was having some conflicting thoughts while writing the wall but I decided to finish it anyway to see what the reaction would be. I wish now that I hadn't because I don't think it did anything for anyone and I think I could've handled my confliction in a healthier way
I agree with this overall, but I will say there was one thing in that post that did resonate with me:
In post 1047, Dannflor wrote:I feel like catboi has been the one holding our PT at arms length the most. I feel like I'm ripping this straight from catboi's post, but he feels so supremely "just there." He's been doing some mediation between Datisi and S_S which feels so unnecessary and LAMIST. The thread health of our neighborhood isn't a big enough issue, Datisi and S_S weren't even getting heated.
I did get the impression that catboi was overstating the hostility between me and Datisi to some extent. Although I'm open to the argument that I seemed more hostile than I actually was (I am like this irl, I almost never get mad but I often seem mad), I felt like it was pretty civil, and I could see scum-catboi trying to play up his role in defusing it, especially with .
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:13 am

Post by catboi »

I admit it's entirely possible I misread the room last night
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:14 am

anyway dann to make it right you have to go back to the main thread and post an unprompted town case on catboi with the same level of detail.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

I just don’t think Datisi and SS are the type of players to ever get angry at each other

Although I agree they were very much talking past each other
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Datisi »

i was the first one to call catboi out for misreading the room i wamt credit tyvm
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 433, Something_Smart wrote:anyway dann to make it right you have to go back to the main thread and post an unprompted town case on catboi with the same level of detail.
I’m on wall post time out
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:22 am

in all seriousness though, I appreciate the explanation. It checks out with what I figured, which was that there were some weird and impulsive thoughts going on.

it just seems strange to me how you can impulsively sit down and compose a long and detailed case like that. I'm really not sure how to parse that case in the context of scum strategy-- I feel like it probably isn't theater, and I feel like scum-you would make a judgement call when you get case about whether you want to pocket or fight back, so either you planned this entire thing, or you decided to fight back and then immediately regretted it. I guess that's probably the most likely scenario.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:22 am

Post by catboi »

In post 435, Datisi wrote:i was the first one to call catboi out for misreading the room i wamt credit tyvm
shameless cred grab, very scummy to me
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Datisi »

silence scum
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 437, Something_Smart wrote:you decided to fight back and then immediately regretted it
yeah basically

there's also something that probably isn't very interesting to anyone else but recently I'm really trying to push my self to actually improve at mafia and get to a level that I consider "good at the game."

and a large part of that is trying to force myself to have more conviction on reads I'd normally second guess myself out of or hedge on a lot more. so when I reach a crossroads where I start feeling unsure, I've been trying to force myself into having conviction and seeing what happens. in this case I think it was misapplied. I just need to get better at recognizing which of my reads are good and bad
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:32 am

Post by mastina »

Dann the answer to do I know is something that you'd THINK is a yes/no response but actually isn't that simple.

I've read shotgun style, random bits here and there that I catch when I make the stupid decision to try and read.

It's about as much as I read when reading Normal Games. (Well, slightly more. Speaking of tjo, I haven't read Normal Games because I've been too busy, if a game I reviewed has ended then I'm not aware of it right now due to being so swamped. When I have more free time, gotta check up thete.)

So yes. I did see something about Suspicion on me. I don’t even know the details. I don’t know the page, the posts, etc. But I did see it. At least, some of it. Did I see anything else around then, well maybe maybe not, but I certainly don’t remember it. As-is I only barely remembered the posts about me, and only generically so. I remember that they exist, that's literally it.

Oh and part of said scattergun approach is obviously that I saw you wondering if I have read, but I haven't read anything in here, and I haven't read basically anything in the thread. I legit just randomly saw it when trying to read.

This is part of my attempt to keep up to date. I can't post while at work most times, especially in a game like this, and even reading, I can only get small snippets.

I saw the Suspicion in a snippet, and you wondering what I have read in a separate snippet.

But I have not read the thread, not really, not in the sense that you'd think of reading a thread. I have zero knowledge of any posts between when the Suspicion was and your wondering was, nor anything before or after either, because the snippets I got are random.

Datisi's "scum are behind you" wad another snippet. I didn’t read the entire thread to get that, I randomly just did.

I guess you could say it's adhd plus limited time plus randomness.

There genuinely is no rhyme nor reason to what I pick up from the random snippets. But I still try to pick things up, as part of my attempt to stay up to date. It doesn't work very well, because I am only getting snippets Rather than details and such, but some random snippets is better than literally nothing. So when pressed for time, knowing how little presence I've had, I try my best to give as much as I can.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

okay that's fair

that's how I tend to read games when I'm not fully invested yet but want to be
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:51 am

In post 440, Dannflor wrote:and a large part of that is trying to force myself to have more conviction on reads I'd normally second guess myself out of or hedge on a lot more. so when I reach a crossroads where I start feeling unsure, I've been trying to force myself into having conviction and seeing what happens. in this case I think it was misapplied. I just need to get better at recognizing which of my reads are good and bad
this is funny, because I'm also trying to play with more conviction, and in my case I'm trying to get better at not caring whether or not I'm right.

I guess the interesting thing here is, what made you realize it was misapplied? was it just catboi's response to your case? (which I should reread btw)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 443, Something_Smart wrote:I guess the interesting thing here is, what made you realize it was misapplied? was it just catboi's response to your case? (which I should reread btw)
1) I was applying conviction to a read that wasn't developed enough rather than a read that was fully developed. Like, I think my foundation was rotten and I should have realized that my self-doubt wasn't my ordinary self-doubt on otherwise solid reasons but self-doubt because most of my concerns were based not very solid foundations.
2) I think I expected a more conciliatory tone from scum!catboi. I don't really know why. But the exasperated tone of catboi's response I felt was towny and kinda snapped me out of it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 291, Datisi wrote:not to be a confbiaser but uhhh marashu/kitty s/s ez clap?
Not unless it's Alisae+Norwee+S_S as the scumteam exactly.

I can see Marashu+Kitty vs Norwee + Alisae with S_S on the side being viable.

In all other scenarios, Marashu is town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 308, Dannflor wrote:is alisae / val ever s /s
Never, Alisae is pocketing Val.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 309, Dannflor wrote:I feel like alisae had a massive overreaction to val but has since like completely dropped that? like honestly I'd be expecting alisae to be campaigning for val's head but that's just not happening
Hint: because e's scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 318, Datisi wrote:explain to me why marashu is town, but please use actual reasoning and not "he is just town there is so many things that make him town" etc etc
actually do the same for penguin as well
PenguinPower is town for vibes, coming across as literally identical to his play in your Cafe.

Marashu is town because of this.
In post 47, Marashu wrote:
In post 42, Charloux wrote:
In post 43, Bell wrote:My goal is to get eliminated within the first page for having a dog avatar.
Task failed successfully i guess? Am i the only one in the thunderclan, nobody posted anything yet apart from me?
I've posted in the ThunderClan PT. I don't see your post in there. Double-check that you posted in the right PT?
Y'all townread this entrance initially but I don't know why you have reconsidered--it genuinely is an entrance that doesn't come from scum.

None of Marashu's content since has looked like scum to me, so yes, that single post is enough for me to call Marashu town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 320, Datisi wrote:
In post 889, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 885, Bell wrote:I’m cognizant that Norwe has done stuff since then, but I’m not sure that “won’t accept player’s reason for voting them because they have zero reason to do so as either alignment” is particularly AI.
My problem with you is that you could say this to literally anything and it would allow you to not actually explain why you vote the way you do. Like you could have voted Datisi and said "they not accepting my argument is NAI", "Mastina not accepting my argument is NAI" BLah blah blah not accepting my argument is NAI.
What does this actually say about you? It seems to me that you are just manufacturing reads and then justifying it with some logic that can be used for anything because it pretty much says nothing.
am i making stuff up or is this townie
You're getting it backwards; it's a scum post from Norwee.

That's not a post Norwee makes as town. He doesn't think that way. He doesn't post like that. It's specifically a scum-Norwee frame of mind.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”