Newbie 2103 | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:24 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Player6: Either really strange newbtown or an SE trolling on alt. I'm leaning towards the former at the moment
Sterling the steampunk: to progression needs explaining - what happened to scumread on Wayward Son? This slot seemed kind of scummy at a glance but something like seems really town so maybe I was wrong on that.
MightyCannon: Tonally kinda scummy. What's giving me pause now is that their reads changed a hell of a lot yesterday and they've voted pretty much everyone. That seems like unnecessary hassle to do as mafia.
THE LARGE MAN: says 3 mafia...is this a townslip? I lean town on this slot. They seem to second guess/add a caveat to everything they say, so they do appear to be thinking.
BloodB0t: Idk. could be scum. I can't really find anything AI in their ISO now. It all just fades to grey. Which is probably bad. Suggesting that their own elim could be good for town in strikes me more as wanting to be townread than anything else.
Wayward Son: I think I was wrong earlier. I previously townread WS for some reasonably in-depth posting but I see now that something like looks busy but just ends up with 'I'm not sure'. So I think WS has just been treading water this game. seems a bit inconsistent as well, espousing uncertainty but displaying a willingness to vote for someone.

Can we revive this game?

VOTE: Wayward Son
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:27 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 300, furtiveglance wrote:Player6: Either really strange newbtown or an SE trolling on alt. I'm leaning towards the former at the moment
Sterling the steampunk: to progression needs explaining - what happened to scumread on Wayward Son? This slot seemed kind of scummy at a glance but something like seems really town so maybe I was wrong on that.
MightyCannon: Tonally kinda scummy. What's giving me pause now is that their reads changed a hell of a lot yesterday and they've voted pretty much everyone. That seems like unnecessary hassle to do as mafia.
THE LARGE MAN: says 3 mafia...is this a townslip? I lean town on this slot. They seem to second guess/add a caveat to everything they say, so they do appear to be thinking.
BloodB0t: Idk. could be scum. I can't really find anything AI in their ISO now. It all just fades to grey. Which is probably bad. Suggesting that their own elim could be good for town in strikes me more as wanting to be townread than anything else.
Wayward Son: I think I was wrong earlier. I previously townread WS for some reasonably in-depth posting but I see now that something like looks busy but just ends up with 'I'm not sure'. So I think WS has just been treading water this game. seems a bit inconsistent as well, espousing uncertainty but displaying a willingness to vote for someone.

Can we revive this game?

So my list looks a bit like this

Player6
TLM
Sterling the Steampunk

MC

Bloodbot

Wayward Son
MightyCannon
MightyCannon
idrc
Townie
MightyCannon
idrc
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: idrc

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:35 am

Post by MightyCannon »

Alright i dont really understand the scumread on me but i agree with sterling here there probably was some scum on meg wagon
Now this comment by sterling is key info
If sterling was scum ,there is likely no other scum other than them on bloodb0t wagon
And player flips town here ithink
Reason: I dont see any reason to bus since no particular wagon had been built up this puts their partner at risk for 0 reason
Also similar reasons bloodb0t will be townier
If Sterling is town however I feel like scum was on that wagon and sterling's analysis of player might be true(or it could be bloodb0t)

So I think here we vote someone on the meg wagon to check which of the 2 scenarios is true
There is also a third player+bloodb0t scenario but idt it really matters
MightyCannon
MightyCannon
idrc
Townie
MightyCannon
idrc
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: idrc

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:38 am

Post by MightyCannon »

In post 300, furtiveglance wrote:Player6: Either really strange newbtown or an SE trolling on alt. I'm leaning towards the former at the moment

Can we revive this game?

I don't think the tlm townslip is really true I mean like anyone can say that but they haven't made similar townslips in the past ithink which is generally town indicative but ithink mafia could also say a similar thing by mistake (because I have done it before)
Sterling the steampunk
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:56 am

Post by Sterling the steampunk »

Can we revive this game?

well I believed that wayward is mafia but he wasn't on the meg bandwagon, and I find it very likely that we have at least one person on the wagon was mafia, and since I know I'm not mafia and Norwegian died the only two left are bloodb0t and player 6
In post 303, MightyCannon wrote:

Can we revive this game?

I don't think the tlm townslip is really true I mean like anyone can say that but they haven't made similar townslips in the past ithink which is generally town indicative but ithink mafia could also say a similar thing by mistake (because I have done it before)
another thing the large man said was that he didn't even know if the Mafia had a chat, which also sounds like a townslip to me
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 304, Sterling the steampunk wrote:

Can we revive this game?

well I believed that wayward is mafia but he wasn't on the meg bandwagon, and I find it very likely that we have at least one person on the wagon was mafia, and since I know I'm not mafia and Norwegian died the only two left are bloodb0t and player 6

Can we revive this game?

another thing the large man said was that he didn't even know if the Mafia had a chat, which also sounds like a townslip to me
Why does one mafia have to have been on the wagon? Why can't it be MC + WS? And why Player6 over Bloodbot?
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:44 am

Post by BloodB0t »

I didn't like "vibes" justifying furtive's vote on MC but I do like .

[quote="In post 300
BloodB0t: Idk. could be scum. I can't really find anything AI in their ISO now.
It all just fades to grey.
Which is probably bad. Suggesting that their own elim could be good for town in strikes me more as wanting to be townread than anything else.
[/quote]
That's why I was thinking a mislim on me is probably the least harmful to town. Probably some narcissism mixed in because I'm thinking I'm more influential than I am.

Sterling does seem like newbtown. I don't think scum necessarily HAS to be on the Meg wagon though.

Wayward voting MC seemed opportunistic.

I would probably vote WWS right now but I guess I'm hesitant because I feel guilty for D1. I came into this game a little too cocky from my two previous games and now I'm doubting myself.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Sterling towning TLM seemed towny to me. Thoughts on that? Bottom of . I think it makes TLM definitely town either way.
Sterling the steampunk
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:18 am

In post 305, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 304, Sterling the steampunk wrote:

Can we revive this game?

Can we revive this game?

Why does one mafia have to have been on the wagon? Why can't it be MC + WS? And why Player6 over Bloodbot?
well Mafia know who their enemies are, and it would be an advantage to ride a bandwagon, and I guess it's time to reveal our poweroles, you see Bloodb0t and I are Mansons, which if somebody who's mafia is on the bandwagon the only possibility is Player 6
Player6
Player6
they/he
Townie
Player6
they/he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:53 am

Post by Player6 »

While I am just riding the bandwagon day 1, that is just because as furtive said I am newbtown and I really didn't know who to vote as it was a lot of info overload as I came in with 200+ posts to read but I really am town however I do think the sus on wayward is kinda baseless so I think I'm going to go with VOTE: VOTE: WAYWARDSON but this is really my first game on mafiascum. idk why im a "really strange newbtown" Can you elaborate for next time?
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:06 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Wow Mansons?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 309, Player6 wrote:While I am just riding the bandwagon day 1, that is just because as furtive said I am newbtown and I really didn't know who to vote as it was a lot of info overload as I came in with 200+ posts to read but I really am town however I do think the sus on wayward is kinda baseless so I think I'm going to go with VOTE: VOTE: WAYWARDSON but this is really my first game on mafiascum. idk why im a "really strange newbtown" Can you elaborate for next time?
Well this is why I think Player6 is an SE trolling.
Phenenas
Phenenas
He
Goon
Phenenas
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Phenenas »

Vote Count 2.1

Wayward Son (3): furtiveglance, Player6, THE LARGE MAN (E-1)

MightyCannon (1): Wayward Son
Player6 (1): Sterling the steampunk

Not Voting (2): MightyCannon, BloodB0t

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is November 1st at 11:45 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2022-11-01 12:45:12).
There are some who call me...Tim.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:39 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 312, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 309, Player6 wrote:While I am just riding the bandwagon day 1, that is just because as furtive said I am newbtown and I really didn't know who to vote as it was a lot of info overload as I came in with 200+ posts to read but I really am town however I do think the sus on wayward is kinda baseless so I think I'm going to go with VOTE: VOTE: WAYWARDSON but this is really my first game on mafiascum. idk why im a "really strange newbtown" Can you elaborate for next time?
I'm not gonna make too much of an issue of this but...this isn't what Newbie games are for. D_D
Player6
Player6
they/he
Townie
Player6
they/he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Player6 »

In post 314, furtiveglance wrote:
I'm not gonna make too much of an issue of this but...this isn't what Newbie games are for. D_D
what? why?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:45 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 315, Player6 wrote:
what? why?
I'm sorry if you really are a new player. It's just that your last post looks like a joke. Especially 'The sus on Wayward is baseless so I'm going to vote them'. So I'm thinking you might be a non-new player pretending to be new.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:52 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 316, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 315, Player6 wrote:
what? why?
I'm sorry if you really are a new player. It's just that your last post looks like a joke. Especially 'The sus on Wayward is baseless so I'm going to vote them'. So I'm thinking you might be a non-new player pretending to be new.
Again, very sorry if you are actually new.
Player6
Player6
they/he
Townie
Player6
they/he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Player6 »

okay I see what you are saying and that was a mistake on my part. I am new but I would see why you think I am trolling. I meant to VOTE: MightyCannon and was thinking about wayward that was a typo on my part oops!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Seeing as Sterling/Bloodbot are Masons, I'm seeing a MC/WS team.
Sterling the steampunk
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:23 am

Honestly I just wished blood engaged with me more, I kinda wanted to see what he thought and I put it in the private thread I wanted to reveal but wanted his opinion, but ended up having my hand forced, and I know he was online before I was forced to reveal but after I wanted to because he posted in between he posted in between, blood, if you're reading this I want you to use your mason chat more
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:25 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 320, Sterling the steampunk wrote:Honestly I just wished blood engaged with me more, I kinda wanted to see what he thought and I put it in the private thread I wanted to reveal but wanted his opinion, but ended up having my hand forced, and I know he was online before I was forced to reveal but after I wanted to because he posted in between he posted in between, blood, if you're reading this I want you to use your mason chat more
I think it was an ok decision. It definitely helped with my read on Bloodbot. Why don't we use this public thread as a Mason thread with me? :wink:
Sterling the steampunk
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:45 am

sure why not
THE LARGE MAN
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
THE LARGE MAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:37 am

Post by THE LARGE MAN »

I think it probably was best to reveal today.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:40 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Sterling you and Bloodbot should call a vote then. I'd suggest Wayward or MC but it's up to you. I wouldn't do TLM or Player.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”