Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:21 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@aisa again I was really confused by your scum game, it felt more buddying and hype-y than I expected but then you did something really similar this game And I was back to blank on you. I'm very conscious that I town read 'nice', so I don't want to give you a free pass!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Aisa »

[quote="In post 1184, Grib”]
[…]
Since when am I sheep-worthy? By all accounts my Day 1 was terrible in terms of reads. It's hard to be more wrong than "hey what if the scumteam is this VT and two Masons"[/quote]
Haha when you put it that way sheeping you may not be such a good idea after all. It’s just that you said something that implied you were going to look at more slots at some point and I figured I might as well see what you say.
In post 1199, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 1180, Elements wrote:I like Bella for scum too
@aisa, can you throw some more questions at me?
Will that help you read me, or?
Let me see if I find anything else to ask about in your ISO
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Aisa »

Welp, that was a fail, phone posting so I have no faith I will get it right with a second attempt.
In post 1200, Bellaphant wrote:@aisa again I was really confused by your scum game, it felt more buddying and hype-y than I expected but then you did something really similar this game And I was back to blank on you. I'm very conscious that I town read 'nice', so I don't want to give you a free pass!
I suppose that’s a recognisable enough description of my play that Bella has probably truly looked at my game!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:14 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 903, Bellaphant wrote:I think grib knows the solve is a bit lame? Like I don't massively town read any of those three but that team just screams 'convenient'. I don't think it's sunny for him to suggest it though.

Like, I kinda think there's a scum in the lurker pile, a scum in the big ego posters and a scum in my middle pile. But again, life is never that easy.

@tsq, do you mean the push for solway is a 'lim all lurkers' push generally or just for grib?
This caught my eye when I reread, because it didn’t really match my perception of the game at the time. I’m struggling to explain exactly why, because when I think back I also had doubts on players of all activity levels.

Anyway, tell me a bit more about that? Tell me what parts of Day 2 have been town/scum driven? Who’s your top scum read?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Elements »

VOTE: Bellaphant
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Aisa »

Current mood is that I just want to vote Frog
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Grib »

At this point, I wouldn't feel bad about a Frog vote, but I also wouldn't feel any confidence in it.

Would be pretty funny if I had been right in my initial scumread.

Anyway, I just got done with work so I'm going to be poking around the thread for a few hours before I completely switch my brain off.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Grib »

Think I'm just gonna lock in Aisa as town for the rest of the game? Unless she gets checked or blocked or something.

Maybe my reasons are bad but I find the tone of her posts to be very consistent, and the flow of her humor and scumhunting comes off as very genuine to me. She's asking questions and cracking jokes but none of it is fluff or active lurking. The way she follows up on stuff or forgets to do so also looks town. I think the way she's been handled by other slots in the game would be hella weird if she's mafia? Almost like the flow of the game
wants
her to be scumread, but she's able to keep her head above that current? That's the best way I can put it. And the way she answers questions or gives thoughts, she'll sometimes tack on an additional thing to the post that signals to me that she was thinking about the game beyond what's required of her to look town.

All to say that if she's scum this is a fantastic performance, but I think it's just town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Grib »

I guess if anyone thinks that Aisa is still in her scumgame, I'll consider it, but otherwise yeah. I really want to have at two or three confident townreads moving forward and I'd like for this to be one of them.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Grib »

in her scum *range, not game
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:41 am

Post by Grib »

Less than a quarter through Eira's post and I think he's town.

trololol

I dunno, he's kind of just posting what's on his mind and his "defensive" posts are fine. Like.
In post 449, Eiralox wrote:
In post 448, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 446, Eiralox wrote:i mean i like enchant, from the little we've interacted so : P I want an answer for why Enchant is on Asia, but i'm ok if folk aren't as active day ones..... the one doesn't cancel the other, and me liking enchant doesn't mean i'm not holding open the possibility that they're scum.... they're pretty much null to me, but i want them to peek in and change my mind >.>
I ask simply because my understanding of enchant's meta is that when they're not doing anything they're way more likely to be scum.

So it seemed a curious person to say that about in particular.

Not sure this is super important or anything but if you're town something to be aware of.
i appreciate the sentiment i guess but i don't meta. all i've seen from enchant this game is 'im going to lurk, deal with it.' So on the whole null, but i'm not too hot on the Asia vote... so don't think i'm one to too easily trust, i mean just cos i like rocks doesn't mean i don't factor in that one can fall on my head, but u going 'don't trust enchant they tend to be lurkscum' is honestly not going to change my mind one way or another while we still got six days left.

I've said my bit to enchant and they can respond in their own time, if they do or don't, well, then i'll judge ; ) I like to handle what's before me rathe than dealing with past data, cos the universe isn't stable.
This seems pretty town, for example. Could Eira be buddies with Enchant? I guess it's not impossible, but meh. It would be a weirdly casual defense of a scumbuddy, when this would otherwise be the -perfect- time to distance instead of completely brushing it off.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Grib »

The refusing to elaborate on the Aisa townread for so long is weird but not a dealbreaker. His questions about the scumreads on HPE are good.

Ok yeah this is a villager I'm moving on to Bella.

Also if anyone wants to break up my chainposting that'd be fun.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1038, Eiralox wrote:Ok sleep well, i also have to go.

The main contention i have at this point is that Bella's 'do i hammer?' post was actually town-indicative to me, i don't see why scum would draw that attention to themselves then not go through with the hammer. Bella 'asks do i hammer' fire says 'are u new' and they don't. Why would scum express interest in hammering on wagon they know is town but not to do it? just to draw sus? I get you're in your early stages and wanting to get a feel for bella and so on, but i'll push this point cos we seem to be having wildly different interpretations of it.
Or I could cheat and just sheep this read instead of reading her posts myself. :V
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Grib »

I'm just gonna take a break until more people are active. Putting my read of Bella off til then.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Elements »

No read Bella!
That's a slot I want you to look at!
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Grib »

In post 257, Bellaphant wrote:I don't know why that quoted.

VOTE: elements

I honestly thought he was called elemis, isn't that weird.
"Elements and I totally aren't scum together, I don't even know her name!"

this is mostly /s
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Aisa »

I'm reading, but I'm in no condition to provide critical thinking. I can make vague agreement noises if helpful. I like that Eira post you quoted about Bella for example, good thing to keep in mind.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Grib »

Meh. I think Bella's Day 1 was lightly towny. She's engaged, mildly confrontational, taking stances but being open about flip-floppy reads. I don't really know what her scum style is these days. She's not leading the game but she also isn't actively lurking or anything, or trying to make herself unnoticeable, which is about what I'd expect her to do if she's scum?

Not as confident a townread as Aisa or Eira but I don't think I'd elim her this phase.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Grib »

0-1 scum in [NM, Enchant]
1-3 scum in [Firebringer, Elements, Frog, BBT]

This is purely an assumption on my part, that NM and Enchant wouldn't play like this if they were on a scumteam together. Honestly, I want to clear both of them because if I had one or both of them on my scumteam, I'd be uh, unhappy. Shrug.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm town, I'm mason
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:28 am

Post by Grib »

Fire and Elements aren't really scumreads yet, but at this point in the game they make me uneasy. Especially since with how narrow the suspect pool is (fmpov), at least one of them is likely mafia unless a lurker slot ends up flipping red.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Aisa »

I think that's not a real claim...
In post 1218, Grib wrote:This is purely an assumption on my part, that NM and Enchant wouldn't play like this if they were on a scumteam together.
Why not? I don't think they're doing awful if they're on a team together!

This said, all roads to me keep leading back to the choice of "Frog or BBT?"
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1121, Bellaphant wrote:[...]

I quite like this post. Have a more general response: I know that's half the player list, I was also fairly wrong. Of your scum reads, eir is town, I think one of frog or grib is scum but not both, Ans I scum read elements day one and feel like I should just go back to that.

I am less convinced on nm and enchant and again, think it's unlikely that both are scum but one could be.

[...]
This is kind of a mindmeld as well, at least with my recent readslist.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1221, Aisa wrote:I think that's not a real claim...
In post 1218, Grib wrote:This is purely an assumption on my part, that NM and Enchant wouldn't play like this if they were on a scumteam together.
Why not? I don't think they're doing awful if they're on a team together!

This said, all roads to me keep leading back to the choice of "Frog or BBT?"
I mean, teams like that tend to get chain-limmed after a couple of phases when the other villagers find each other and don't tinfoil too much. I could see them doing it for meme-y reasons but that's about it.

If only we had a town vigilante :V :V :V
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Grib »

BBT has at least made an effort to stay engaged, while Frog has not.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”