Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2315, T3 wrote:don’t think that scum!Titus would be so open about her mech information
What has she been so open about? She couldn't have hidden not being in a hood so ?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2320, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 1893, Bell wrote:RE: Cephrir. We talked about it.

Pretty much, I came out with a paper thin town lean from the conversation. Something, something, timid raccoon reads,, something, something, not swayed by others when non-specific.

@KittyTacky: *blink* What did you call?
WAS IT MANIPULATIVE?
No, there was nothing to manipulate. He just said in neighbor thread that he was hesitating about Mastina after she died, but in thread when she was at risk he said it was more likely than rand that she was scum. They clarified that they had been influenced by my and Norwe’s arguments, but that the other votes weren’t influential because they were arguments already experienced and turned out to be wrong.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:46 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2324, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:IS T3 REALLY SCUM WHO CAN'T FAKE READS OR ARE THEY TOWN WHO IS UNINTERESTED IN PLAYING THE GAME?
the takes they have don't really feel real tho

like uninterested town i think usually looks different. i don't really get how saying "I'm having trouble formulating thoughts, please ask me questions" and then just not really answering most of them fits in to uninterested town
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Bell »

So you believe that T3 is scum fire?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:39 am

Post by fireisredsir »

prob yea, if they're town i don't really get where most of their thoughts or reads are coming from or why they aren't really interested in explaining them

what do you think
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Bell »

I dunno. I’m town.
I could point to stuff that might point to them being scum and what might point to them being town.

Ultimately I just find their engagement style different than what I’m used to. I can’t really read T3 and this is different than the low effort, barely there player I’m used to seeing. But they’re kind of like that as either alignment except for in this game.

I think the narrative for scum them is read walls to avoid engagement and do scum home work to stay afloat. Beginning to recognize that engagement style isn’t working for some people so they switched to reaching out for direct interaction, but couldn’t think of how to do it naturally so they did it awkwardly instead.

Town them is that they changed a bit, started contributing more but can’t seem to find their footing. I don’t really understand them enough for a town them argument. It’s also possible they’re a power role and that explains the deviation. But my sensor is buggy for that.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Bell »

I’m staying off the gas pedal for T3 because I recognize they’re in a position where they could die pretty easily with my support added.
It’s a tad early for that. But I’m okay with it. Since they did give us a reads wall to look over, they might have even made a mistake so it could be especially productive since I don’t really think they’re the kind of player that’s good enough to avoid common mistakes but that really just depends on their flip.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2201, T3 wrote:
In post 2200, T3 wrote: Bell
Titus
catboi
Norwee
Bear
fire
S_S
Val
——————————————- [Cephrir, PP and Shiro are floating somewhere around here]
Datisi
Alisae
Dannflor
Charloux
Mistyx
KT
EBWOP
That list looks a lot more reasonable that I was expecting.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Bell »

I think I may be underestimating T3. Since I’m basically evaluating him as newbie scum.
Which isn’t really true, given they’ve been playing for years.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Alisae »

I want people to post their reads.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2327, fireisredsir wrote:the takes they have don't really feel real tho
What takes are we talking about here?

We've not got much, and there isn't anything extra in Windclan, but a fair bit of what he said has been thoughts and feelings I've had at points in the game, even if I have moved on since, which seems to me would more closely fit the model of uninterested townie.

Take, for example to reasoning, on Titus: I know it's something that's taken some pushback, including from Titus herself, but it was a feeling I had and discussed in Windclan before either Titus or T3 joined.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: mistyx
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2335, Val89 wrote:
In post 2327, fireisredsir wrote:the takes they have don't really feel real tho
What takes are we talking about here?

We've not got much, and there isn't anything extra in Windclan, but a fair bit of what he said has been thoughts and feelings I've had at points in the game, even if I have moved on since, which seems to me would more closely fit the model of uninterested townie.

Take, for example to reasoning, on Titus: I know it's something that's taken some pushback, including from Titus herself, but it was a feeling I had and discussed in Windclan before either Titus or T3 joined.
i don't think the reasoning expressed about titus matches up with her placement on the readlist and its hard to believe that reason, while fine on its own, is enough to make titus a 2nd to top townread. i guess you could argue that if they're making up a reason then why say the bit about "nothing much about her play has made an impact on me" but idk

i felt like a lot of the takes in felt unnatural. like the one about me, i have no idea why thats supposed to be meaningful or even what they're referring to, and when i asked about it they never responded. and there's a lot of "this person is scummy. no wait, they aren't" but with no explanation of why and it feels super like its trying to look like a fake thought process/progression but idk why you would even take notes like that bc how is that ever going to be useful

i would feel better about it if they explained their thought process on stuff but they keep not really ever expanding on that and not getting engaged with people who are trying to question them
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2337, fireisredsir wrote:i don't think the reasoning expressed about titus matches up with her placement on the readlist and its hard to believe that reason, while fine on its own, is enough to make titus a 2nd to top townread.
Yeah, I can see that actually.

I do wonder though if T3 is forcing themselves to distinguish between reads and put them in an ordered list more than they ought. The top read there, Bell, was settled by the end of page 25 according to the very little extra bits of discussion we've had in Windclan, and when questioned only really had vibes, agreement with a case on Datisi and a sense of genuineness (which I also takes as 'vibes') as reasons - which seems to say it isn't taking very much to gain an extreme spot on the list, and perhaps that also applies to Titus and the rest.

You can decide for yourself whether forcing that ordered list, if that is what is happening, is scummy or not but I'm pretty sure I've pushed a town T3 for similar reasons in the past and been burnt enough to not want to flip him here and now.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

who do you want to flip, val?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Alisae »

If u ignore my request and ur not in wind I will get angi
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Datisi »

my reads are kind of similar to yesterday except with a few people now gaining a few ??? points because they're giving me a headache
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2339, Dannflor wrote:who do you want to flip, val?
I'm having a discussion about it in Windclan right now. My strongest scum read is still probably Alisae, and my second is Kitty, but the fact that I
thought
the two wanted to kill each other was making me scratch my head and wonder if I was on the wrong track; but Alisae is telling me things in Windclan (in particluar, that they FOS Catboi for pushing on KT today) that I can't make sense, and I'm trying to get there with them now.

I'm also not too keen on Mistyx and I'm discussing that read. I might end up joining you there.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:06 am

Post by catboi »

Been busy with other shit let me get back to things here
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2342, Val89 wrote:
In post 2339, Dannflor wrote:who do you want to flip, val?
I'm having a discussion about it in Windclan right now. My strongest scum read is still probably Alisae, and my second is Kitty, but the fact that I
thought
the two wanted to kill each other was making me scratch my head and wonder if I was on the wrong track; but Alisae is telling me things in Windclan (in particluar, that they FOS Catboi for pushing on KT today) that I can't make sense, and I'm trying to get there with them now.

I'm also not too keen on Mistyx and I'm discussing that read. I might end up joining you there.
Why do you need a discussion with your clan before choosing who you think you should eliminate?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:07 am

Post by catboi »

Hey val, do you mind explaining for me why you voted mastina on Day 1?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2342, Val89 wrote:in particluar, that they FOS Catboi for pushing on KT today
this sounds... weird? why are they fosing him for that?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Val89 »

Because the answer may well depend on making sense of what Alisae really thinks of KT (and the issue with Catboi) right now. My default answer would be "Alisae", but I could be labouring under a misunderstanding that might get resolved with a bit more dialogue that is taking place as we speak.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:13 am

Post by Bell »

Sure, makes sense.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:15 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2302, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:CATBOI DO YOU KNOW THE PROBABILITY THAT BOTH T3 AND KITTY ARE TOWN?
Like, mathematically or by my own estimation?

Anything's
possible
but I wouldn't guess that it's
likely

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”