catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:16 am

Post by catboi »

Don't worry folks, we have over 7 days to the deadline, that's enough time for T3 to actually explain his reads on...*counting on fingers* 16 players!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2350, catboi wrote:Don't worry folks, we have over 7 days to the deadline, that's enough time for T3 to actually explain his reads on...*counting on fingers* 16 players!
holy shit, how many fingers do you have
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:20 am

Post by catboi »

In all seriousness, I think the confidence with which people are calling T3 scum is overblown, I think he is basically =rand right now. I'd still be fine policy yeeting him out of the game if he's going to literally not play it but I also would be entirely unsurprised if he flipped green. Shrug.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:21 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2351, Datisi wrote:
In post 2350, catboi wrote:Don't worry folks, we have over 7 days to the deadline, that's enough time for T3 to actually explain his reads on...*counting on fingers* 16 players!
holy shit, how many fingers do you have
I use a very complicated system
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:23 am

Post by catboi »

Other than that, there's not much I actually want to comment on...I still need to actually read this PP/Titus argument that I haven't gotten the opportunity to. I don't have any actual thoughts on the info from fire right now. Not much else is even being discussed.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:26 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2345, catboi wrote:Hey val, do you mind explaining for me why you voted mastina on Day 1?
I got the distinct impression she was ignoring what I was saying about Alisae and Norwee being unpartnered, despite trying to engage her on the issue several times, and I was being told that was meta for scum!Mastina; and matched what I remember about the only experience I have with scum!mastina in Control.

Perhaps I fucked up by not checking that out in more detail, but I wanted an answer as to why she was disregarding evidence that didn't fit her mental model, and the most likely answer I could see was that she was scum and had a specific agenda to push, and I was small-fry enough she could just disregard and think I would not be threat.

I know "I thought she was flipping scum" is a bit of an unsatisfying answer, but that's basically what it boils down to.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2352, catboi wrote:In all seriousness, I think the confidence with which people are calling T3 scum is overblown, I think he is basically =rand right now. I'd still be fine policy yeeting him out of the game if he's going to literally not play it but I also would be entirely unsurprised if he flipped green. Shrug.
who specifically would you say has overblown confidence
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1579, KittyTacky wrote:The T3 flashwagon is so weird. I'd say it's +scum for Alisae but they are already rock bottom scummy along with Norwe, so.
In post 1706, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1580, catboi wrote:why is it scummy?
Because T3 doesn't seem to be faking imo and just seems to be genuinely struggling with catching up.
In post 1709, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1584, Alisae wrote:Might as well disclose it since scum likely know by now.
Titus joined Wind Clan and I asked in wind clan if we could potentially flashwagon T3 since I townread everyone else in hood. This makes sense since we were talking about if there was scum in the hood and I thought if there was scum in our hood its probs just T3.
Norwee agreed with the idea so I went with it. I obvs couldn't get to check in with Val or Shiro about it since time was kind off of the essence. It was an idea worth trying because maybe if we did say eliminate T3 and flip him before he could tell scum that Titus joined Wind Clan, that would be a huge edge to have over scum. This is assuming he does flip scum ofc.
Ah. Well I think you're scum, this wagon is scum-motivated, and so T3 is more likely town unless it's a bus. :shrug:
how did we go from here to putting t3 in poe to voting there
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2346, Datisi wrote:this sounds... weird? why are they fosing him for that?
I have no idea, and I've not been able to get a decent answer.

It started because Alisae said they suspected Dann and Catboi were partnered, and they fos catboi. I asked why they fos'd catboi independently and was told it was because they feel like catboi is scum for pushing kitty if kitty turns out to be town. I've not really been able to get to the bottom of where that feeling comes from - I've tried a few times but got various answers (lightly paraphrasing: makes sense for catboi to push KT if catboi is scum, I think catboi has a scum agenda in pushing KT) that seem to me to be variations on 'gut', which doesn't make sense to me from someone who is apparently also scumreading KT.

To be fair, Alisae also pointed out that catboi hasn't really pushed or interacted with any of Cephrir or PP who were listed as bottom scum reads in , which I haven't checked yet to see if that is true, but if it is could well be a valid reason for scumreading catboi - I just don't know why "they are pushing KT" was the first answer I got to the question of why Catboi?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 2358, Val89 wrote:which doesn't make sense to me from someone who is apparently also scumreading KT.
???????????????????????
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Alisae »

Ah so that's the misunderstanding okay that was cleared up pretty quickly.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Alisae »

All I really want to say is while Kitty might be a good flip, I think it flips town and I've been solving under that impression.
I still don't really want to engage with him because I think his post quality is awful and I hate it but that doesn't necessarily mean scummy.

Fire's telling me about word tells is the only really convincing thing I feel like makes me want fos it? Otherwise I just don't think it makes sense for it be a wolf?

Otherwise I think it's probably flipping town.

- I think all town voted Norwee when it was at it's peak if Kitty is town.
Bell is probably town, Marashu is probably town, mastina flipped town, and Something_Smart if he is scum he just sat his vote on Norwee that whole day phase and did nothing which is...something I would expect from town SS? Like he doesn't move off anything at all? Nothing else interested him during that day? He's like encouraging Norwee wagon when no one else wants to. Seems like a weird move to be coming from scum so I'm just going to act under the impression it likely is town. Usually in these games if there is a group of voters that don't move their votes around at all, those players are probably going to be town?

Which means that Scum weren't hiding behind mastina.....
It's just players that are either unfamiliar with her buying what she has to say or in SS' case, him just doing his own thing.

- fwiw, I think his reactions to me trying to cancel him and get people to just not engage with him, honestly, I buy it, I think it's genuine and doesn't come from a wolf.
- I also buy that one post he also made where all of the normal q players have meta on him but no one else here does. That seems more real than him saying he is anxious about going over post cap.

- So what's probably more likely is wolves are jumping to KT like dogs to a bone.
Way more people suspect KT than Norwee and I mean, just look at his posts.
Guy plays like newbtown.
Listening to him explain his reads makes me think he doesn't understand the game at all. This is why I've been saying that his reads are actually just below random. The way he talks about his reads, how he got them, and like, why, is just incredibly weak and makes me think he would actually just be better off RNGing his vote.

Seems pretty easy to attack.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1890, Alisae wrote:It's not worth talking about if it flipped scum.
I think scum, aka, VOTE: Kitty
saw mastina's posts and is scum hiding behind it.
Yeah, I guess that was my misunderstanding.

More fool me for taking the above as a scumread, I guess.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 2362, Val89 wrote:
In post 1890, Alisae wrote:It's not worth talking about if it flipped scum.
I think scum, aka, VOTE: Kitty
saw mastina's posts and is scum hiding behind it.
Yeah, I guess that was my misunderstanding.

More fool me for taking the above as a scumread, I guess.
I mean I fos'd him at the start of the day, that IS real.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 2361, Alisae wrote:doesn't necessarily mean scummy.
This should be rephrased as comes from a wolf

because Kitty's posts ARE scummy but that doesn't mean that it is coming from scum. Seems too wolfy to be a wolf and I think there are more weirder things happening around the player. Also I'm starting to believe that they themselves think they are trying even if I think they might as well just RNG their vote.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Alisae »

OH ya one more thing I will mention is his response to me calling him a troll.
That is real frustration to me misinterpreting a joke.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2336, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: mistyx
In post 2342, Val89 wrote:
In post 2339, Dannflor wrote:who do you want to flip, val?
I'm having a discussion about it in Windclan right now. My strongest scum read is still probably Alisae, and my second is Kitty, but the fact that I
thought
the two wanted to kill each other was making me scratch my head and wonder if I was on the wrong track; but Alisae is telling me things in Windclan (in particluar, that they FOS Catboi for pushing on KT today) that I can't make sense, and I'm trying to get there with them now.

I'm also not too keen on Mistyx and I'm discussing that read. I might end up joining you there.
im sort of befuddled that anyone wants to elim neither KT nor T3

maybe that makes me boring or bad

i dont really understand val's mindset on this in particular - if you decide alisae isn't scum wouldn't that remove your reason for not being sure about a KT vote
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2365, Alisae wrote:OH ya one more thing I will mention is his response to me calling him a troll.
That is real frustration to me misinterpreting a joke.
scum can produce genuine frustration (see also: rir, ceph)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Alisae »

I'm going back to hyperlurking

Post reads please
Goodbai
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2366, Cephrir wrote:i dont really understand val's mindset on this in particular - if you decide alisae isn't scum wouldn't that remove your reason for not being sure about a KT vote
It's OK, you are allowed to not understand.

I haven't decided Alisae isn't scum. Having my top 2 scum reads apparently scumread each other and push for each others elimination made me question if I had a proper handle on the game at all - it doesn't look like theatre to me, and if that's true, I am wrong in a big way about at least one of those. Now I find out that wasn't actually the case.

It's true that if I decided Alisae is town, then I probably would want to flip KT unless Alisae convinces me they are right about the newly announced townread there; but I'm not there yet on either of those things - I'm re-reading to firstly evaluate if there is a chance this was just theatre, and secondly, which of the two I would rather flip.

As an aside, it was pointed out to me that I had made a mistake with regards to Misty - I thought something Shiro had said was known to everyone, but it turns out I was mistaken and it was in Windclan - so I'm re-evaluating there, too.

My vote will come when I am good and ready, and not when you think it should, thank you very much.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: val89
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: mistyx
VOTE: t3
VOTE: marashu
VOTE: Titus
VOTE: val89
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

you had a good one in there but then ruined it
<(") | (")>
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2352, catboi wrote:In all seriousness, I think the confidence with which people are calling T3 scum is overblown, I think he is basically =rand right now. I'd still be fine policy yeeting him out of the game if he's going to literally not play it but I also would be entirely unsurprised if he flipped green. Shrug.
I don't see T3 as not playing. I think his reads are weak but this doesn't feel like a fair categorization unless I'm wrong... I only read recently though soooo
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2369, Val89 wrote:My vote will come when I am good and ready, and not when you think it should, thank you very much.
?

I didn't complain about your vote, I complained that you "might end up joining" on Mistyx when you have two strong scumreads that aren't Mistyx and one of them is a plausible elim today
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”