Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 42, Bellaphant wrote:Gihardi, Spartan and tapioaco maybe town. #hottakes
Bella can you join my wagon please? I wanna be in the sus'd pool so I make it to day 2.
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:24 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

In post 49, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 22, Player6 wrote:well, we're in RVS and I feel that while bellaphant's vote on me seemed very sus as when there are multiple mafia sometimes one might vote the person who is throwing suspicion at them to shut them up. So when I voted greeting and the post after bellaphant voted for me seemed like that. Also I really dont get how saying hi to the mod and voting someone would be "really awkward" when that's what everyone else is doin. Seems like justifying something after the fact. Also Greeting your RVS vote on Bellaphant doesn't really mean anything as you could just change it later. I mean that seems like the kind of "evidence" that you throw around that doesn't make any sense when held up to any amount of scrutiny
@Blue
This just feels very anxious like worried about what people think of then so early on, so much so that they need to try and defend themselves so early on, typically scum are more defensive when accused than town but it can also be part of the way the person takes accusations so not always alignment indicative.
I'm not really reading Player6 right now. I agree that his #16 accusation was unreasonable. It's Bella's #19 response that made me worried.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

man

VOTE: Greeting
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 51, BlueSnakelet wrote:
In post 49, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 22, Player6 wrote:well, we're in RVS and I feel that while bellaphant's vote on me seemed very sus as when there are multiple mafia sometimes one might vote the person who is throwing suspicion at them to shut them up. So when I voted greeting and the post after bellaphant voted for me seemed like that. Also I really dont get how saying hi to the mod and voting someone would be "really awkward" when that's what everyone else is doin. Seems like justifying something after the fact. Also Greeting your RVS vote on Bellaphant doesn't really mean anything as you could just change it later. I mean that seems like the kind of "evidence" that you throw around that doesn't make any sense when held up to any amount of scrutiny
@Blue
This just feels very anxious like worried about what people think of then so early on, so much so that they need to try and defend themselves so early on, typically scum are more defensive when accused than town but it can also be part of the way the person takes accusations so not always alignment indicative.
I'm not really reading Player6 right now. I agree that his #16 accusation was unreasonable. It's Bella's #19 response that made me worried.
p6 looks worse than bella to me and I'm just not seeing a bella/p6 duo
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 19, Bellaphant wrote:.a) I'm not new
B) that's not why I voted you. Your post was really awkward and felt like new scum posting for something to say. It doesn't pass the so what test.

This is literally it. I don't think what I said was controversial. It's enough for me to move my vote out of RVs and I've not had a reason to tr the slot since.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In fact 22 is more of the same. It's a lot of words,but it ignores the fact I've expanded past 'awkward' and creates an extra narrative. I.e. it's more awkward.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Has anyone played together before? I was in a recent newbie with spartan as scum and I find greeting hard to read, traditionally. I also skim read most newbie games because I'm sad like that.
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by BlueSnakelet »

Okay, let's try from a new angle...

First, Tapioca (a new player on her second game) posted this:
In post 5, Tapiocaphobe wrote:hello everyone ^^

VOTE: Player6
Later, Ghardi (a new player on their first game) posted this:
In post 8, Ghardi wrote:Hi everyone. Looking forward to the game :)

VOTE: Tapiocaphobe
Later, P6 (a new player on his second game) posted this:
In post 10, Player6 wrote:Hello FurtiveGlance, I just played with you last game lol
VOTE: Greeting
Finally, Bella votes for P6, in a post that contained only the vote:
In post 11, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: player six
By itself, this would be fine. The game was still in it's RVS after all. But when questioned, Bella doesn't say that their vote was random. They said that P6's post was "really awkward and felt like new scum posting for something to say".

But if so, then why was P6's post "really awkward and felt like new scum posting for something to say"? And why wasn't Tapioca's and Ghardi's posts "really awkward and felt like new scum posting for something to say"?

Is it because P6 addressed the mod?
Is it because P6 referred back to a past game of his?
Is it because P6 didn't end his post with a smiling face?
Is it because P6 ended his post with a lol?
If none of the above, THEN WHY?
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Ghardi
Ghardi
Townie
Ghardi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Ghardi »

I’ve read the interaction between P6 and Bella a couple of times again. The interaction doesn’t sit well with me and I feel that one of them could be mafia.

Not sure who - Whether it is Bella pushing against P6, or P6 getting a bit wordy with his explanations and being defensive.

I am leaning more towards P6 at the moment as his early comments and accusation towards Bella and Greeting still don’t sit well with me.

More interaction from the others would be nice (from darkj, Uncrowned and Greeting).

UNVOTE: Spartan117
Ghardi
Ghardi
Townie
Ghardi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Ghardi »

In post 56, Bellaphant wrote:Has anyone played together before? I was in a recent newbie with spartan as scum and I find greeting hard to read, traditionally. I also skim read most newbie games because I'm sad like that.
This is my first game so I'm still learning. The only other time I've played mafia / werewolf games is through Town of Salem where everyone has power roles.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:49 pm

Post by Greeting »

So me voting
Bellaphant
means nothing because it's RVS, but her voting you in the very same phase has meaning?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:55 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 31, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 29, BlueSnakelet wrote:I'll just go ahead and VOTE: Bella for now.
Page 2 looks like a good time for a juicy RVS Hammer :wink: you have been judged Bella to be too sussy for our company. Begone!

VOTE: Bellaphant
In post 36, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 35, Tapiocaphobe wrote:hey spartan are you scum
Sure, if it helps drive conversation.
In post 37, Spartan117 wrote:Kinda hoped for more of a reaction from my test rather than being outted, let it be known if anyone votes for bella now and Hammers that they are scum.
The worst entrance into the game so far, absolutely anti-town and generally very awkward.

VOTE: Spartan117
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:46 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 61, Greeting wrote:
In post 31, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 29, BlueSnakelet wrote:I'll just go ahead and VOTE: Bella for now.
Page 2 looks like a good time for a juicy RVS Hammer :wink: you have been judged Bella to be too sussy for our company. Begone!

VOTE: Bellaphant
In post 36, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 35, Tapiocaphobe wrote:hey spartan are you scum
Sure, if it helps drive conversation.
In post 37, Spartan117 wrote:Kinda hoped for more of a reaction from my test rather than being outted, let it be known if anyone votes for bella now and Hammers that they are scum.
The worst entrance into the game so far, absolutely anti-town and generally very awkward.

How many games have you played in before Greeting?
I see you are an SE so I assume you have been in a few?
Very interesting for you to highlight a few posts of mine referring to my entrance without actually including my actual entrance post, this isn't your first rodeo and it's not mine either.

Please tell me from the perspective of an experienced player such as yourself, what about trying to create conversation and reaction testing is "absolutely anti town"?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:47 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

I clearly don't care if I'm being sussed and am more than happy to use myself as a tool to drive conversation and get opinions, why is this scummy? Do you think scum want to try and be heavily sussed early on? Would it not make more sense to try and hide under the radar?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:59 am

Post by furtiveglance »

NotKnown15 replaces Uncrowned

Prodding darkj
Last edited by furtiveglance on Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player6
Player6
they/he
Townie
Player6
they/he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Player6 »

In post 60, Greeting wrote:
So me voting
Bellaphant
means nothing because it's RVS, but her voting you in the very same phase has meaning?
You bringing it up as evidence seemed like a retroactive "piece of evidence" that seemed planted by you. Meanwhile, when I RVS voted someone and then they almost snap voted me and then gave a reason later. The different is a reason. She voted me then gave a "reason" why rather then saying "it was RVS" that's the difference you gave 0 reason to voting Bellaphant which seems more like a bad arguement that you guys aren't mafia duo
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 40, Ghardi wrote:
One mafia found, one to go!

UNVOTE: Tapiocaphobe
In post 58, Ghardi wrote:I’ve read the interaction between P6 and Bella a couple of times again. The interaction doesn’t sit well with me and I feel that one of them could be mafia.

Not sure who - Whether it is Bella pushing against P6, or P6 getting a bit wordy with his explanations and being defensive.

I am leaning more towards P6 at the moment as his early comments and accusation towards Bella and Greeting still don’t sit well with me.

More interaction from the others would be nice (from darkj, Uncrowned and Greeting).

This looks rather opportunistic/hedgey.
VOTE: Ghardi
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:06 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

If you want to know why, newbies, a strong vote followed by a vote backed up by hedgey text("not sure") ("leaning more") and no progression inbetween is very scum-indicative.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Bellaphant »

There's obviously progression there though, from then reading the posts in-between?
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

i'm thinking through this again
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

bella who do you scumread
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 66, Not Known 15 wrote:

In post 58, Ghardi wrote:I’ve read the interaction between P6 and Bella a couple of times again. The interaction doesn’t sit well with me and I feel that one of them could be mafia.

choo choo VOTE: Ghardi

i think i'm also okay with a p6 vote

bella blue and spartan all look town to me
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Player six and not known, currently
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:37 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

i could see it
Ghardi
Ghardi
Townie
Ghardi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Ghardi »

In post 66, Not Known 15 wrote:

Hi Not Known.

I used the words "not sure" and "leaning more" because there is always an element of uncertainty when trying to work out who is townie and who is mafia.

I'm not ruling out Bella's push against Player6 as the push was a tell to me. However, Player6's accusation is a stronger tell, which is why the words "leaning more" and "not sure" were used. "Leaning more" as Player6's accusation was a stronger tell. I used "not sure" because I don't want to discard Bella's push from my analysis.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”