A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3392, MMR wrote:So confession time... I've read very little of Day 1 and do not intend to read it.

As to why PPF, it's because it is the sensible choice. Like if I was being selfish and thinking only in terms of my own reads, I would check MathBlade because he has a very high chance of being scum, but checking MathBlade is not the practical choice. He is not practical because if he is scum, we don't gain any new insight. Past Present Future on the other hand is 1) unlikely to get killed if town 2) hard to scum read as either alignment 3) a constant presence in the thread. Understanding their alignment allows us to understand the overall game state.

~Mumps
Okay and what is this great understanding of PPF's alignment that we should now have based on your claim?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Yume »

In post 3543, mastina wrote:
In post 3430, Yume wrote:That said, if mastina is scum, then one of her 'townreads' should have been killed. The fact that none of us were is a point in her favor.
Multiball, so I could be on the Solar Cult scumteam, but yes--if I were scum here I wouldn't have killed professotic.

Yes, they were in my locktown, but professotic is never who I kill. MathBlade would be a much better choice, or if not him, then someone who I feel is universally town and represents a tangible threat. You for instance. Maybe T-Bone as a read specific to this game. Potentially Past Present Future albeit admittedly less likely.

So, I'm definitely not Lunar Cult, but I could be Solar Cult still.
I mean, you yourself said why you could still be scum.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by unwnd »

T-Bone you should vote mastina
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 3547, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 3546, mastina wrote:
In post 3446, unwnd wrote:
In post 3429, mastina wrote:I voted Bunnyonce for lack of better ideas
Lol bullshit
You're acting like anything you're quoting is mutually exclusive with .

Problem is, they aren't. They augment each other, not contradict each other.

I didn't have any better ideas than Bunnyonce.
Bunnyonce was a scumread.
I had Bunnyonce in the PoE.
Bunnyonce was a compromise wagon.

None of those statements contradict each other because they were all true.

Pretending otherwise is disingenous as fuck.
I think they all mean different things, from my experience at least.
Hey you

I want you to write a post about whatever the hell you're thinking about in terms of reads

Don't worry about length or how it sounds

What's going on and what do you want to say that you feel is not being heard?
Stop
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3551, Yume wrote:
In post 3430, Yume wrote:That said, if mastina is scum, then one of her 'townreads' should have been killed. The fact that none of us were is a point in her favor.
Multiball, so I could be on the Solar Cult scumteam, but yes--if I were scum here I wouldn't have killed professotic.

Yes, they were in my locktown, but professotic is never who I kill. MathBlade would be a much better choice, or if not him, then someone who I feel is universally town and represents a tangible threat. You for instance. Maybe T-Bone as a read specific to this game. Potentially Past Present Future albeit admittedly less likely.

If Mastina is scum may I have a sometimes I am right hug or gif?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3446, unwnd wrote:The kicker:
VOTE: Bunnyonce
Yeah this is scum.
Funny thing about that tho--you're trying to act like when I voted Bunnyonce in the "yeah this is scum", that was my final vote of the day.

Turns out you're lying about the narrative in the hopes nobody fact-checks. (Quite convenient that you left out the full posts and didn't quote the post numbers.)
In post 2792, mastina wrote:
In post 2791, Bunnyonce wrote:If you're a town PR who refused to claim out of plain stubbornness the miselimination will be on you, and I will not be feeling any guilt for voting you out.

I think you're not making these long posts with the claimed intention of getting town to know your legacy better, but either to wear everyone down, mislead everyone or just for yourself.

Yeah this is scum.

This betrays a scum mindset. "just for yourself" would, explicitly, be town.
"wear everyone down" would be nai.
The only of these which would be scum is "mislead everyone", but I am gradually proving that to not be true by following through on it, so like: the proof it's not is right there.

So admitting that it comes from a spot of town and trying to shift the blame on it to me when there's no reason to rush, is scum.
You know what happened after that?
In post 2796, mastina wrote:REASONABLE CHANCE OF SCUM:
{Child of Fairies/Scarfmanship, Bunnyonce}

SCUM:
{Radja/unwnd, Radical Rat, Frozen Angel}
VOTE: Scarfmanship
Yume:

Not sure where you're voting from memory, but if you join me here and these two are also there, we can at least go down swinging. It might not save me but it will make a statement for when I flip town. And force scum to react. Again.[/quote]
In post 2807, mastina wrote:literally every other player in the game has not pushed players as town OR scum--and it's in those zero-pushers, those lazy posters, that you'll find the scum.
And that list?
That's {MMR, furtiveglance, Enchant, Maid Cafe, Scarfmanship, Bunnyonce, unwnd, Radical Rat, Frozen Angel}.

Obviously, that list is too large considering the number of scum in the game.
But that list should contain
all
the scum in the game. Imo, not most; ALL. (I understand if you think it's only most, tho, but you should agree that it's most.)

And from that list of nine, you need only get the three towniest players to have a list of scum form. It's my belief that the towniest of the lazy players are MMR/furvie/Enchant. Which by default, leaves the scum as Maid Cafe, Scarfmanship, Bunnyonce, unwnd, Radical Rat, and Frozen Angel.
In post 2870, mastina wrote:IIIII should be in bed,
I should be in bed
Why am I postingggg
It's an hour past time,
I should be in beddd
But I wanna do this nowwwww.
(this is mostly a Scarfmanship unvote)

Scarfmanship isn't locktowned for the post-claim-reveal posting but definitely is less of a priority for me imo. Not sure what that means for reads, need to take a look at things tomorrow with all the new info.

I agree with Scarf tho that T-Bone and Enchant both hard town.
THIS was the post where I actually voted Bunnyonce.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Yume »

In post 3554, MathBlade wrote:

Sure, provided you do one for me if it turns the other way.
Show

Mah best game

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3429, mastina wrote:
In post 3286, Scarfmanship wrote:And please explain what accountability means. Because to me bunny was a ??? slot and I was ok with getting rid of a ??? slot because no wagons were picking up and the day was going to end.
^This.

I originally was gunning for Scarfmanship, but Scarfmanship's posting around my claim made me reconsider. [REDACTED - thought not town to talk about], and their posts warning to stop what T-Bone/Enchant did, was something I thought was also town.

Since I didn't want Scarfmanship, I needed to vote
someone

Someone not a townread.

I voted Bunnyonce for lack of better ideas. I knew that there were people who had said Bunnyonce was south of null--so I knew that, given the looming deadline, it was a good chance for a wagon that might go through which I would be okay with.

We had a big shake-up within the last 36 hours of D1. (I didn't know my claim was that big of a deal. I didn't know how big my role was.)
I was swamped with things, and I didn't have any time to properly process the events and form a coherent push on anyone. So I voted Bunnyonce as a "good enough for now" vote.
This is a weirdly accurate post and very out of character, but this is all true so I dunno why people are arguing differently about the end of day 1.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3555, mastina wrote:
In post 3446, unwnd wrote:The kicker:
Yeah this is scum.
Funny thing about that tho--you're trying to act like when I voted Bunnyonce in the "yeah this is scum", that was my final vote of the day.

Turns out you're lying about the narrative in the hopes nobody fact-checks. (Quite convenient that you left out the full posts and didn't quote the post numbers.)
In post 2792, mastina wrote:
In post 2791, Bunnyonce wrote:If you're a town PR who refused to claim out of plain stubbornness the miselimination will be on you, and I will not be feeling any guilt for voting you out.

I think you're not making these long posts with the claimed intention of getting town to know your legacy better, but either to wear everyone down, mislead everyone or just for yourself.

Yeah this is scum.

This betrays a scum mindset. "just for yourself" would, explicitly, be town.
"wear everyone down" would be nai.
The only of these which would be scum is "mislead everyone", but I am gradually proving that to not be true by following through on it, so like: the proof it's not is right there.

So admitting that it comes from a spot of town and trying to shift the blame on it to me when there's no reason to rush, is scum.
You know what happened after that?
In post 2796, mastina wrote:REASONABLE CHANCE OF SCUM:
{Child of Fairies/Scarfmanship, Bunnyonce}

SCUM:
{Radja/unwnd, Radical Rat, Frozen Angel}
In post 2800, mastina wrote:VOTE: Scarfmanship
Yume:

Not sure where you're voting from memory, but if you join me here and these two are also there, we can at least go down swinging. It might not save me but it will make a statement for when I flip town. And force scum to react. Again.
In post 2807, mastina wrote:literally every other player in the game has not pushed players as town OR scum--and it's in those zero-pushers, those lazy posters, that you'll find the scum.
And that list?
That's {MMR, furtiveglance, Enchant, Maid Cafe, Scarfmanship, Bunnyonce, unwnd, Radical Rat, Frozen Angel}.

Obviously, that list is too large considering the number of scum in the game.
But that list should contain
all
the scum in the game. Imo, not most; ALL. (I understand if you think it's only most, tho, but you should agree that it's most.)

And from that list of nine, you need only get the three towniest players to have a list of scum form. It's my belief that the towniest of the lazy players are MMR/furvie/Enchant. Which by default, leaves the scum as Maid Cafe, Scarfmanship, Bunnyonce, unwnd, Radical Rat, and Frozen Angel.
In post 2870, mastina wrote:IIIII should be in bed,
I should be in bed
Why am I postingggg
It's an hour past time,
I should be in beddd
But I wanna do this nowwwww.
(this is mostly a Scarfmanship unvote)

Scarfmanship isn't locktowned for the post-claim-reveal posting but definitely is less of a priority for me imo. Not sure what that means for reads, need to take a look at things tomorrow with all the new info.

I agree with Scarf tho that T-Bone and Enchant both hard town.
THIS was the post where I actually voted Bunnyonce.
Fix'd quote tag.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3556, Yume wrote:
In post 3554, MathBlade wrote:

Sure, provided you do one for me if it turns the other way.
Sure

Mastina your post has you voting scarf possibly

Unsure if that’s intentional.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3447, Yume wrote:I now regret abandoning the hydra with mastina. *'poofs* I'll be around. If you need me, just call.
If it makes you feel better, it means that whoever would've gotten your role wouldn't be conftown so like--you being separate means masons instead of IC. :P
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3434, Yume wrote:And the reason I fear her is because if she is scum, she'll kill me. Her words, not mine.
I'm really curious about this thought. You are Mastina's biggest ally and pocketed if she's scum. Why would you be paranoid of a nightkill from her?

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Yume »

I am flip-flopping, as you can see.
Show

Mah best game

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3448, unwnd wrote:People really just be just saying shit and hoping nobody notices
Funny, what a coincidence, I just showed how you did precisely what you're saying in , in my , about your !

For someone saying people are saying shit and hoping nobody notices,
You sure seem to have been saying shit and hoping nobody noticed!
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Yume »

In post 3561, T-Bone wrote:
In post 3434, Yume wrote:And the reason I fear her is because if she is scum, she'll kill me. Her words, not mine.
I'm really curious about this thought. You are Mastina's biggest ally and pocketed if she's scum. Why would you be paranoid of a nightkill from her?
Let me find that post.
Show

Mah best game

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3453, MathBlade wrote:If the person elimmed flips town then I dayvig the other.

Pretty straightforward no?
I'm kinda laying off Mastina as scum with the implicit hope that you shoot her so i mean...not a fan of this?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3565, T-Bone wrote:
In post 3453, MathBlade wrote:If the person elimmed flips town then I dayvig the other.

Pretty straightforward no?
I'm kinda laying off Mastina as scum with the implicit hope that you shoot her so i mean...not a fan of this?
With the guilty on the board I can’t just not shoot in PPF/MMR. That’s antitown.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by unwnd »

I was gonna post and quote a bunch of times how you've pretty much just been repeating yourself over and over with a slightly altered story anytime you get confronted but like

I think I've hammered the point in enough
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by unwnd »

Mastina doesn't engage with anyone but PPF/MathBlade/Yume (Her pocket)

Look at her posts outside of that and tell me if that looks like someone who is trying to get a read on others
Stop
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

one more post couldn't hurt unwnd. go for it
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3454, unwnd wrote:
In post 3429, mastina wrote:
I voted Bunnyonce for lack of better ideas.
I knew that there were people who had said Bunnyonce was south of null--so I knew that, given the looming deadline, it was a good chance for a wagon that might go through which I would be okay with.
This is like
A scumslip
And somehow people will ignore it
It's almost like you're the one inventing a narrative because there was no contradiction to be had!

I did vote Bunnyonce for lack of better ideas. I literally said my vote on Bunnyonce was mostly a Scarfmanship unvote. I was scumreading Bunnyonce for most of the game, Bunnyonce was in the PoE, I didn't want to wagon Scarfmanship, I knew other people were scumreading Bunnyonce, so I didn't have any better ideas for a compromise/deadline wagon that would go through.

It was a wagon with decent chances of going through on scum, but Bunnyonce was never my strongest scumread.

My strongest scumread has mostly been your slot, as it turns out!

And if not for the MMR claim on PPF I would be voting you!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by unwnd »

T-Bone can you please pretend to be town and vote mastina
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by unwnd »

Then vote me, coward

You won't
Stop
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3570, mastina wrote:My strongest scumread has mostly been your slot, as it turns out!
i have a hard time buying u believe unwnd scum
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Cool I caught up.

VOTE: MMR

Done with this slot. Come in, maybe claim a guilty on PPF, and then pretends it never happens.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”