Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Bell »

You still think that even though Kokabiel is repeatedly misleading people for no tangible benefit?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 500, Bell wrote:You still think that even though Kokabiel is repeatedly misleading people for no tangible benefit?
How have they misled people? They made it clear that their ability didn't clear them as town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Bell »

Reread their posts.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 455, Kokabiel wrote:Yeah this is no good. I can't clear myself and i think Passenger is town, so that's 2 miselims.
I suppose it's time to come out with my modifier.
When i get modconfirmed the government receives a notification that the delegation will find out their identity during the next night phase(N2 in this case) unless i get killed.
I didn't say anything so i could watch the votes on me and their reasonings and Catguin looked like he had an eureka moment right after i got Modconfirmed. And AFTER that he asked what the hell a moonlight dancer is.
Are you talking about this?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:35 am

Post by Bell »

Yes. Do you know what they could have done instead? Popped it and asked for protection and not elaborated at all. They would've gotten a pass for 2 days easily.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:37 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 504, Bell wrote:Yes. Do you know what they could have done instead? Popped it and asked for protection and not elaborated at all. They would've gotten a pass for 2 days easily.
By popped it I'm assuming you mean announced their Advocate thing. They wouldn't have got a pass, everyone voting them would have asked whether or not it confirmed them as town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Bell »

Their entire play and approach is illogical, it just feels like they're making shit up to survive an extra day instead of having a community minded approach. I don't think town acts like them.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Bell »

I mean popped it immediately, as in, they got into the game and popped it.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Bell »

You see, one of the contradictions to their approach is that they don't need bait to out the government. It's baked into their role.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 489, Bell wrote:So the moon light dancer who is an advocate used an ability that does not confirm their alignment but does out "The Government" in 2 turns unless they die now.
Is the government town or scum?
*starts bleeding from the eyes and mouth*
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:15 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 496, The Bombay wrote:
In post 492, The Bombay wrote:
In post 455, Kokabiel wrote:I suppose it's time to come out with my modifier.
When i get modconfirmed the government receives a notification that the delegation will find out their identity during the next night phase(N2 in this case) unless i get killed.
Your role is that, you, as a
townie
, activate your ability.

And then the
3rd party
gets a mod pm, saying that the
scum team
will be informed of their identity, unless you, a
townie
, are eliminated this day phase.

Meaning, if you live, then
the scum team
gains information?
Given they don't get the result until Night 2, what stops the government from just... killing you tonight?
Isn't having two killing roles kind of an overkill? And if i'm the prime wagon, why wouldn't they just... yeet me anyways?
I don't have any info on the governments role tho.
We might have a lookout or a tracker or protective also

Also, if you ability only works if you live, why did you earlier describe it as:
In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
I wanted to spite you all for a bit without going anti-win condition. My flip would just inform you that government needs to kill me to not get outed instead of me just telling you verbally.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:16 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 506, Bell wrote:Their entire play and approach is illogical, it just feels like they're making shit up to survive an extra day instead of having a community minded approach. I don't think town acts like them.
this is my thought as well
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 508, Bell wrote:You see, one of the contradictions to their approach is that they don't need bait to out the government. It's baked into their role.
Me revealing gives info to the Delegation(Scum team if you don't know). So how would that benefit the town? Scum would ignore the delegation until lylo then kill him.
When i was an easy elim i just popped it to try and bait the government and persuade people to do something else. I caught Catguin, people didn't do much else and now you are coming in here without even knowing what government even is.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:27 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm trying to clarify where my reads are at atm and I think it would be something like this

TOWN: The Bombay, Frogsterking
Town: Flavia, furtiveglance
town: Bell, Roden
idk: N.Y.M
scum?: Penguin, Johnny, Andresvmb, Herta
scum: Kokabiel

I think it's pretty likely that Kokabiel is the way to go today, even if the claim does end up becoming a weak gated disloyal innocent child or whatever!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:29 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh, I'm missing Passenger! Passenger can be town (but not Town or TOWN)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:38 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 513, DeasVail wrote:I'm trying to clarify where my reads are at atm and I think it would be something like this

TOWN: The Bombay, Frogsterking
Town: Flavia, furtiveglance
town: Bell, Roden
idk: N.Y.M
scum?: Penguin, Johnny, Andresvmb, Herta
scum: Kokabiel

I think it's pretty likely that Kokabiel is the way to go today, even if the claim does end up becoming a weak gated disloyal innocent child or whatever!
Thank you fellow town, you are also town. Smile
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Bell »

In post 509, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 489, Bell wrote:So the moon light dancer who is an advocate used an ability that does not confirm their alignment but does out "The Government" in 2 turns unless they die now.
Is the government town or scum?
*starts bleeding from the eyes and mouth*
Okay, but you aren't being paranoid here and thinking, "maybe Bell is playing dumb and he is the government."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Bell »

In post 512, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 508, Bell wrote:You see, one of the contradictions to their approach is that they don't need bait to out the government. It's baked into their role.
Me revealing gives info to the Delegation(Scum team if you don't know). So how would that benefit the town? Scum would ignore the delegation until lylo then kill him.
When i was an easy elim i just popped it to try and bait the government and persuade people to do something else. I caught Catguin, people didn't do much else and now you are coming in here without even knowing what government even is.
The government is anti-everyone else. Them dying benefits the town and the scum team, I don't think they would wait on that unless they had a pressing concern (town who is harassing them)
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:57 am

Post by RH »

Roden is an
Advocate
!
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:59 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 455, Kokabiel wrote:I didn't say anything so i could watch the votes on me and their reasonings and Catguin looked like he had an eureka moment right after i got Modconfirmed. And AFTER that he asked what the hell a moonlight dancer is.
I find it hard to believe that the 3P's reaction to getting a PM that says "if you don't get Koka killed, then you will be outed to the scum team" is to immediately naked vote you and then call you scum.

Like, even if your role is real, this is not what the 3P does immediately after getting that info.
In post 259, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: kokabiel
In post 262, PenguinPower wrote:it be scum
And it would be fairly immediate, seeing as how the advocate reveal is post 256.

Pedit: The plot thickens
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:00 am

Post by The Bombay »

Roden, want to enlighten us

~Luke
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:00 am

Post by RH »

In post 459, Frogsterking wrote:@mod is Kookaburra confirmed not to be the Dictator because of your announcement that they're an Advocate?
Their alignment is not confirmed by my announcement. Nothing is confirmed by them being an Advocate except that they have Advocate in their role or are one.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

From a setup design perspective, if you put 2 public roles in there, 1 is usually scum.

Sidenote: Can we please stop dragging the mod down here to say "I'm not telling you [player]'s alignment". Like what do you expect. Just play the game.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 517, Bell wrote:
In post 512, Kokabiel wrote:
The government is anti-everyone else. Them dying benefits the town and the scum team, I don't think they would wait on that unless they had a pressing concern (town who is harassing them)
How does killing a 3P during a night benefit scum? It would just pull out all the stops for town to get scum without worrying "is this dlegation or government"
I see it more likely they would try and yeet him for some credit instead of wasting a shot on him.
In post 519, The Bombay wrote:
In post 455, Kokabiel wrote:I didn't say anything so i could watch the votes on me and their reasonings and Catguin looked like he had an eureka moment right after i got Modconfirmed. And AFTER that he asked what the hell a moonlight dancer is.
I find it hard to believe that the 3P's reaction to getting a PM that says "if you don't get Koka killed, then you will be outed to the scum team" is to immediately naked vote you and then call you scum.

Like, even if your role is real, this is not what the 3P does immediately after getting that info.
In post 259, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: kokabiel
In post 262, PenguinPower wrote:it be scum
And it would be fairly immediate, seeing as how the advocate reveal is post 256.

Pedit: The plot thickens
It's not immediate. Penguin already scumread me even if he didn't state it. He broke character with his comments right after the announcement which is a pretty big tell. And now he is lurking because he doesn't feel pressure
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Kokabiel »

Now we wait for Rodent

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”