Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Firebringer »

As your possibly unlikely future king. I also declare as part of my reign i shall never enact this power:
In post 4, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:You may execute a player during the day - this will end the day and replace the normal voting mechanism - this ability can not be used on consecutive days.
A just an good king never overrules his subjects wishes. If i am to live a long and healthy life as ruler i need the support of all the lords and ladies and cannot be tyrannical. For that is just good pragmatic kingsmanship
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:44 am

Post by UNOwen »

@VPB
In post 359, UNOwen wrote:
In post 354, VP Baltar wrote: Don't think I agree that's the path we are on. I appreciate your urgency, but also think you're trying to control the outcome a little bit...
plus UNOwen as king seems kind of LOL
, frankly.
Explain this slander?
This was actually a real question.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:48 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 445, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm having a little bit of a hard time understanding the strong unowen town read from you LLD, but also I'm beginning to start getting paranoid of hitting the posting limit and not being able to spam later when its important so probably going to drop off for a bit but I'll be checking in if anyone desperately needs to talk with me.
What's your read on me?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 452, UNOwen wrote:
In post 445, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm having a little bit of a hard time understanding the strong unowen town read from you LLD, but also I'm beginning to start getting paranoid of hitting the posting limit and not being able to spam later when its important so probably going to drop off for a bit but I'll be checking in if anyone desperately needs to talk with me.
What's your read on me?
Dont really have one because I feel like you havent done a whole lot.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like I could see having a small lean on you one way or the other given your content but LLD expressed you being a very strong town read which I find odd given the output.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 322, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like, fuck, your stance being more explainable as you not knowing VPB and giving him the benefit of the doubt is way more likely than your stancing being "I know this player is experienced and competent but I think that they're just lost and confused and sidelining and asking questions".
Fwiw, I didn't take andres' comment as saying I was any of those things.

I'm neither lost, confused or sidelining. I simply have spent my mafia time engaging with people rather than researching optimal mech strategy. Do you think that makes me confused and sidelining?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't like Rhae's "I hate mountainous" , it's both presumptuous and a pre-emptive excuse that's dressed up to look a lot more towny than ProfessorDrapion's was. which is why I'm semi-inclined to believe Drapion throwing a fit whereas Rhae seems more self conscious about shitposting

I think is mildly LAMIST and it feels out of touch with the actual conversation that was happening with Junko

idk Rhae gives me the vibe of just Posting to Post more than anyone else in this game. that might be more personality indicative than alignment indicative but idk who Rhae is to verify that.

I think the fact that she is trying to vibe as shit poster but also seems to have this underlying anxiety about how he is being read about sums up my uneasiness with that slot

======

I mildly like UNOwen on reread. I think if I really push myself to pull out a read here I think the thought progression explained in and is the type of overthink-y conspiracy theory type read that town tends to push more often than scum. it's like the sort of thing that I think tends to get fixated on more often by town who thinks they are on to something

@UNOwen
can you explain why you voted me originally? I don't believe we have any experience together so I'm wondering where that came from

is there a reason you didn't start out by advocating for yourself if you want to be Monarch? why exactly did LLD voicing her support make you want to start doing that
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 450, Firebringer wrote:As your possibly unlikely future king. I also declare as part of my reign i shall never enact this power:
In post 4, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:You may execute a player during the day - this will end the day and replace the normal voting mechanism - this ability can not be used on consecutive days.
A just an good king never overrules his subjects wishes. If i am to live a long and healthy life as ruler i need the support of all the lords and ladies and cannot be tyrannical. For that is just good pragmatic kingsmanship
Is there an elimination mechanic absent this execution power? I'm bad at reading between the lines on rules but if the king doesn't use execution power do we get lims? I assume we do because of the inability to do it two days in a row but if that's explicitly spelled out somewhere I missed it.

Also I am extremely bad at not posting.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

how she is being read*
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 456, Dannflor wrote:I don't like Rhae's "I hate mountainous" , it's both presumptuous and a pre-emptive excuse that's dressed up to look a lot more towny than ProfessorDrapion's was. which is why I'm semi-inclined to believe Drapion throwing a fit whereas Rhae seems more self conscious about shitposting

I think is mildly LAMIST and it feels out of touch with the actual conversation that was happening with Junko

idk Rhae gives me the vibe of just Posting to Post more than anyone else in this game. that might be more personality indicative than alignment indicative but idk who Rhae is to verify that.

I think the fact that she is trying to vibe as shit poster but also seems to have this underlying anxiety about how he is being read about sums up my uneasiness with that slot

======

I mildly like UNOwen on reread. I think if I really push myself to pull out a read here I think the thought progression explained in and is the type of overthink-y conspiracy theory type read that town tends to push more often than scum. it's like the sort of thing that I think tends to get fixated on more often by town who thinks they are on to something

@UNOwen
can you explain why you voted me originally? I don't believe we have any experience together so I'm wondering where that came from

is there a reason you didn't start out by advocating for yourself if you want to be Monarch? why exactly did LLD voicing her support make you want to start doing that
Rhea is yume iirc.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:53 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 453, Thestatusquo wrote: Dont really have one because I feel like you havent done a whole lot.
That's true, but I did say I didn't trust you earlier even though you'd barely posted.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 460, UNOwen wrote:
In post 453, Thestatusquo wrote: Dont really have one because I feel like you havent done a whole lot.
That's true, but I did say I didn't trust you earlier even though you'd barely posted.
Why would that matter to me more than any other thing you've said?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Andresvmb »

viewtopic.php?p=13067979#p13067979

Datisi’s recollection about his fight with Ico is correct. What pinged me then was how quickly Datisi tried to get people that they know have a decent sense for their game off their back. Ico of course knew Datisi was Scum in that game so it worked like a charm strategically (despite it being unintentional), but I think I absorbed the lesson of the game wrong in my memory bank. So it’s good to have that clarified - it was nagging me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

datisi can you talk about your read on me

I'm kinda uncomfy with you town binning me
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 455, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 322, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like, fuck, your stance being more explainable as you not knowing VPB and giving him the benefit of the doubt is way more likely than your stancing being "I know this player is experienced and competent but I think that they're just lost and confused and sidelining and asking questions".
Fwiw, I didn't take andres' comment as saying I was any of those things.

I'm neither lost, confused or sidelining. I simply have spent my mafia time engaging with people rather than researching optimal mech strategy. Do you think that makes me confused and sidelining?
Yes for the record I didn’t argue you were “lost or confused”. I mostly meant that you hadn’t been particularly vocal about your views, but seemed to be forming them through valid questions.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 334, Andresvmb wrote:And btw, if you’re giving this really wish washy view (I don’t know whether they’re Town or Scum) I’m amazed you’re this offended about me arguing that I have them as Slight Town. Yeah they’re experienced. But I wouldn’t actually agree that they’re difficult to read when Scum. I mean they had me fooled for half of a game as Scum, and then I teased them out. Otherwise, I think I have been able to read them relatively well. I don’t know if VPB would agree or disagree.
I'd probably put you in the same category as datisi where I think you've played with me enough that you'll get a bad vibe from me if I'm scum.

Idk if my meta is really clear, but people who have lots of experience with me tend to have better than average ability to scumhunt me on nuances I do not understand all the time.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

Lukewarm can you put words to your LLD read beyond town vibes

what about her play here do you think is unlikely to come from scum!her?
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 440, Thestatusquo wrote:1. Rhaenyra
2. Titus
3. PenguinPower
13. Dwlee99
14. Charloux
16. mastina
19. ProfessorDrapion
20. Bellaphant

I just read the whole thread and y'all barely register. Have you read? Who do you think should be king and why? Who shouldn't be and why?

Please play the game. Also I swear to god if I am subjected to mastina taking her patented strategy of "constantly catching up" and "responding to things that happened 5 days ago in giant wall posts" for the whole game I am going to throw a fucking temper tantrum. So please do not do that or I will do whatever is in my power to get you eliminated regardless of either of our alignments.
In post 31, Rhaenyra wrote:
You do know whose alt I am, right?

Anyway.

VOTE: mastina

mastina should be King.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 440, Thestatusquo wrote:Please play the game. Also I swear to god if I am subjected to mastina taking her patented strategy of "constantly catching up" and "responding to things that happened 5 days ago in giant wall posts" for the whole game I am going to throw a fucking temper tantrum. So please do not do that or I will do whatever is in my power to get you eliminated regardless of either of our alignments.
isn't this how mastina always plays lmao
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:04 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 456, Dannflor wrote:
@UNOwen

We have briefly, Situation Room. My vote for you was the same rational as GuiltyLion, I expect you'd explain yourself and be cautious so less risk of getting away with scum shenanigans. I think the same applies to him but he wasn't being voted.

Typically I'm not going to get massively town read especially early on so I wasn't planning on advocating myself, but if trust exists there's a chance and of course I want it.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:07 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 461, Thestatusquo wrote: Why would that matter to me more than any other thing you've said?
Well you didn't seem to think that was reasonable from me, so maybe it would be suspicious?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 463, Dannflor wrote:datisi can you talk about your read on me

I'm kinda uncomfy with you town binning me
well, it is mostly projection, but

and are your thoughts on andante, and i think they make sense from a townie pov. because i know how it feels to meet andante for the first time and be ??? at what she's doing and how she's playing. i also think as scum it's easy to see that stuff, and think you have found an easy target to push. but your posts just... don't feel like you're trying to project to us why andante is scum, or show how much effort you're putting into sorting her, it feels real and as if you're actually talking to her and trying to sort her.

also the tinfoily part of my brain is telling me that if you were scum, *someone* in your scumteam would know andante and warn you that she's basically an omgus machine and also that she is just like that as town and so it's not worth the struggle in early game... but tinfoiling

why is baltar a bad vote?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 470, UNOwen wrote:
In post 461, Thestatusquo wrote: Why would that matter to me more than any other thing you've said?
Well you didn't seem to think that was reasonable from me, so maybe it would be suspicious?
I already told you my read on you so I'm not sure why you'd want to delve into micro-level thoughts I had on a very specific post here, but it WAS unreasonable, but townies are frequently unreasonable and I don't have a good sense of it specifically being likely to come from a scum player wrt your motivations.

It could be, but clearly, as I already said, I didn't come to that conclusion, so what is the point of this line of questioning?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 120, VP Baltar wrote:Still catching up, but also making a note if dann ever flips scum, there was probably a coordinated effort by scum in the king nominations. The dann is boring/rationale, ergo king logic is a little flimsy for my taste given idk if he had even posted yet at that point?
I really didn't like this. it doesn't feel like a real thought to me and more something thrown out there to look like he is having Townie Thought Processes about the game

idk I think if you think about it for a little longer I don't know why scum strategy would ever involve hard boosting a buddy who hasn't posted yet. like I don't think this is something scum players ever actually would think about, think is a good idea, and do

since then I just get busywork vibes from their posts. Like they feel a need to be around and show they are having Thought Processes but I haven't seen anything yet that really sticks out to me as a townie thought. I realize that's vague but I'm not sure how else to describe it

the dwlee vote kinda feels like a vote to avoid any major wagons. like I'd kinda expect some sort of explanation to convince if Baltar actually was getting town vibes there but right now it's a vanity vote. and I kinda expect scum to feel pretty awkward about who to vote at this stage of the game

do you have reasons for Baltar town beyond their trajectory on you?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:22 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 472, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 470, UNOwen wrote:
I already told you my read on you so I'm not sure why you'd want to delve into micro-level thoughts I had on a very specific post here, but it WAS unreasonable, but townies are frequently unreasonable and I don't have a good sense of it specifically being likely to come from a scum player wrt your motivations.

It could be, but clearly, as I already said, I didn't come to that conclusion, so what is the point of this line of questioning?
Idk your original post seemed to be accusing me of faking the read so I was suprised that you had me as a complete null despite that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”