UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:16 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 725, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: tsq

Is rhea an alt? I feel I missed a ton of context.

Andante is town, dweelee is town
Why dwlee?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 737, Datisi wrote:
In post 381, Datisi wrote:the whole argument almost gives a vibe of lld being annoyed that baltar is getting townread for something she percieves he shouldn't be townread for
other than this ^^, not really. she's a read i feel like i have basically =rand chances of getting right, so my vague plan is to focus on the rest of the game and hope she gets readable later. i can reread her iso and try to find something, though, if you want
I don't think I'd actually get anything out of this I was just kinda hoping you had something

is there a specific reason you think Baltar is a better pick for king than your other town reads (like me)

I'm not trying to advocate you should be voting me instead I'm just curious what the difference is
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 748, Dannflor wrote:I kind of almost wonder if the sheer number of people calling adante obvious town does in fact mean she is just town and there are TMIers in the mix
I had this thought with Bellaphant specifically
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:24 am

Post by JunkoChan »

What's TMI?
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 753, JunkoChan wrote:What's TMI?
Too Much Information, usually used to describe mafia townreading a town player because the mafiia knows they are town and thinks that player looks townier than they actually come across
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:30 am

Post by JunkoChan »

ah, that makes sense

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:31 am

Post by JunkoChan »

Lion would you consider executing Rhae?

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 756, JunkoChan wrote:Lion would you consider executing Rhae?
I'm certainly open to the idea but I'm not at a place with all my reads where I'd commit to that.

why are you pushing to execute her specifically? and also, do you think she would be particularly hard to get eliminated the usual way?
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:36 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 757, GuiltyLion wrote:
I'm certainly open to the idea but I'm not at a place with all my reads where I'd commit to that.

why are you pushing to execute her specifically? and also, do you think she would be particularly hard to get eliminated the usual way?
Because she is annoying and hard to read, actually i do believe that if she is scum, it can under the radar for a while

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Andante »

In post 738, Thestatusquo wrote:I think its kind of weird that andante hasn't talked about me AT ALL considering what a giant part of yesterday I was.
What was I supposed to address? Why I SRed GL? I was on the bus and I'm not casing from my phone, I want more from GL though before I commit to a SR there, cause I'm kinda conflicted.
And if I was supposed to address the mastina conflict? yeah I ignore that kind of stuff.
Weird I haven't talked about you? I mean, what am I supposed to say? there's 20 other people here, I don't actively SR you, I think you're very likely town, like yeah, I prefer talking about who I actively SR...
and on that note, I think Dwlee town

Dann.. hahahaha I *could* see a Dann!town world and that kinda makes me laugh here with how he's approaching my slot...

hahahahaha tldr: idk what my reads are. hahahaha

uhh I'm just highly stressed irl right now (thus I'm here) I promise I'll sit down and really think through reads soon, cause I have conflicting thoughts on a bunch of people, and I need to weigh out the thoughts and reach some conclusions...

In post 724, Dwlee99 wrote:Because Andante is hyperactive and expects everyone to react immediately
To be fair I come from the fast paced mafia stuff... where the entire game is over in an hour... not me waiting hourS for a reply lol also hyperactive I may be.... but I'm far from the top poster this game lol

In post 748, Dannflor wrote:I kind of almost wonder if the sheer number of people calling adante obvious town does in fact mean she is just town and there are TMIers in the mix

pedit; I'm not gonna promise that
^ lol sooo the people think I'm really polarized cause quite honestly my scum games on MS have all been shit, the fish in the sea normal was my "best" one here, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88224 and all these people know if they call me maf all I'm going to do is probably call them mafia back, so the scum play here is probably to call me town, pocket me, and I'll set fire to the village for them, I seriously think I'm on to something with my Dann/Char/Datisi/VP thought, like ok, yes I may be thinking you're maf, ignore that, there's still the others.. idk, if you can get past my playstyle making me maf, I think this'll all make more sense lol I come from chat mafia, like, obv my playstyle will be different

@GuiltyLion can I hear the current status of your SR on me? you kinda mentioned it once then never again, so I'm curious how that progressed
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Andante »

In post 758, JunkoChan wrote:

Because she is annoying and hard to read, actually i do believe that if she is scum, it can under the radar for a while
ok great, rhea scum, who are the 4 partners? any thoughts there? or do you currently have TRs? Where's your head at now?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 741, GuiltyLion wrote:mostly just that a lot of it isn't super memorable or town-indicative to me? I get that the hyperactivity, pendulum read swings, projected confidence in everything is Andante!indicative rather than alignment!indicative, but I'm not following how people are confidently calling it town here when she did a lot of these same things in HDP.

Can you (and any other Andante town readers who want to jump in) give me a summary of why this is specifically a town!Andante game? Or where the idea that she couldn't replicate this as scum comes from?
okay, so i went back to reread the first ~100 posts of her iso there, and it's like... i don't think anything of her iso in HDP is even remotely as townie as . the two isos feel like night and day. she did have the weird "lol what if 4 gentlemen scum" read, which like sure ok weird. but i feel like post after post in this game, she's coming up with new wacky theories on what is going on in the game. it's like she cannot stop herself from yelling out her reads.

contrast to hdp, where it's like... a lot of fluff posting, a lot of weird defensive "i'm not maf", and very very few reads when compared to this game.

hyperactivity maybe, but i don't feel like she did either of pendulum read swings or projected confidence in hdp. and the "4 gent scum" is like, the only wacky theory of hers i've found there, compared to... like 50 of them she's had this game probably. these two isos don't feel similar at all
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:45 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 760, Andante wrote:
In post 758, JunkoChan wrote:

ok great, rhea scum, who are the 4 partners? any thoughts there? or do you currently have TRs? Where's your head at now?

Do you really expect me to guess the entire scum team right now?

Anyway here are My tr's not locked, just My feeling right now

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Datisi »

also, i swear i never understood the "this person is being widely townread, must be town that mafia is afraid to challenge". like, why can't they be scum that mafia has no intentions of challenging?
In post 751, Dannflor wrote:is there a specific reason you think Baltar is a better pick for king than your other town reads (like me)

I'm not trying to advocate you should be voting me instead I'm just curious what the difference is
not really. he's the one townread i feel like i will definitely be able to figure out down the line in case it's wrong (now that the large is over, i can say that i feel like i picked up some confidence on actually reading baltar)

but also it's like, i don't feel overly pressured to need to have my mind made up about my choice already? i'm still feeling out the game, i wanna use this time to get some sorta vibes on as many people as possible. i can move my vote once i want to move it, but i don't think we're there yet, and i'm fine having it idle on baltar. unlike normal votes, i can't use this one to pressure and reaction test.

"well datisi, you can, you just need to read those reactions differ--" shut up i don't know how to read them
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 759, Andante wrote:
In post 738, Thestatusquo wrote:I think its kind of weird that andante hasn't talked about me AT ALL considering what a giant part of yesterday I was.
What was I supposed to address? Why I SRed GL? I was on the bus and I'm not casing from my phone, I want more from GL though before I commit to a SR there, cause I'm kinda conflicted.
And if I was supposed to address the mastina conflict? yeah I ignore that kind of stuff.
I posted a ton of stuff unrelated to any of that. I had like 60 posts yesterday fleshing out thoughts. You didn't think any of them were worthy of comment at all?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 646, JunkoChan wrote:here is my small town:

Junko the Prinzessin der Verurteilung
Andante
TSQ
Firebringer
Lady Lambdadelta
Dannfloor
Not sure I agree with all the reads but I can TR this for today.

Reading from 26.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Titus »

In post 658, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 656, Firebringer wrote:Lukewarm needs to do more if he wants maintain position as master of ships
I have literally been on VLA since the start of the game, and I have more posts then 9 other players.

I think I have been doing okay lol
Probs town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 750, UNOwen wrote:
In post 725, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: tsq

Is rhea an alt? I feel I missed a ton of context.

Andante is town, dweelee is town
Why dwlee?
Their posts about andantes talking style just seemed really natural Ans to the point. Scum really like pointless noise and I can't see the motivation.
In post 752, GuiltyLion wrote:
I had this thought with Bellaphant specifically
Like here. Why me? Like, I'm signing my name to the 'people are scum reading andante for reasons that are...andante' book. It's not particularly deep or complicated, but I'm not the only one with that take.

Tbh kinda looks like you just saw my name and decided to pick it out of a hat.

Lukewarm would be a good king.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Titus »

In post 660, Rhaenyra wrote:You seem to think I play bad, but why? Because I think mastina should be King? Because my opinion differs from TSQ's? I think mastina is thr best possible choice to be King if she's town. What's so wrong with that? Do tell me.
I don't have a read on mastina, but it feels like you have a personal bias towards mastina. You join games because she is in them and promote her has town. Have you caught mastina as scum before?

What are your other reads?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 673, Datisi wrote:i'm totally not stealing this read from guiltylion: lukewarm's 657 is making me nervous. something to me feels incongruent with townreading lld for not being diplomatic and not sharing townreads, but also townreading her for outlining a possible scum plan or suggesting popcorn. other than the obvious issue of "there are people here familiar with lld's towngame and the fact that she does not share townreads easily as town, and would probably call her out if she did that"... it's like the former is townreading her for not being lamist, while the latter is townreading her for actions that can easily be thought of as lamist. it feels arbitrary.
Supposing the facts are as you outline, I have no problem TRing them both. I should probably review the plan to ensure no slips (where is it?). LLD playing to stop town from being what she perceives as boneheaded is pretty standard LLD. If LLD shares townreads, it limits her ability to use anger to resort (based on how I have seen her play).
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 680, VP Baltar wrote:Titus, you going to play this game when?
Fair. Had shitty personal drama and frustrated with idiots. Dealt with subbing into a vig slot that failed to cc or shoot scum. Made one mistake and scum one. I am frustrated with how easy things have been.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 683, Rhaenyra wrote:VOTE: LLD to break the tie
Lol I'll want a tie.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 768, Titus wrote:
In post 660, Rhaenyra wrote:You seem to think I play bad, but why? Because I think mastina should be King? Because my opinion differs from TSQ's? I think mastina is thr best possible choice to be King if she's town. What's so wrong with that? Do tell me.
I don't have a read on mastina, but it feels like you have a personal bias towards mastina. You join games because she is in them and promote her has town. Have you caught mastina as scum before?

What are your other reads?
Nope, I haven't, but I do believe I can, if given enough days. Game days, that is. But in every game I played with her, she was town, except when she was scum with me (in which case I had a vested interest to keep her alive, so I'd townread her all the same.)

So I guess that the bottom line is that I will townread her as either alignment, and thus think she'll make a good King.
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

Anyone care to give reasons why she'd make a bad King? Aside from TSQ?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:15 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 761, Datisi wrote: okay, so i went back to reread the first ~100 posts of her iso there, and it's like... i don't think anything of her iso in HDP is even remotely as townie as . the two isos feel like night and day. she did have the weird "lol what if 4 gentlemen scum" read, which like sure ok weird. but i feel like post after post in this game, she's coming up with new wacky theories on what is going on in the game. it's like she cannot stop herself from yelling out her reads.

contrast to hdp, where it's like... a lot of fluff posting, a lot of weird defensive "i'm not maf", and very very few reads when compared to this game.

hyperactivity maybe, but i don't feel like she did either of pendulum read swings or projected confidence in hdp. and the "4 gent scum" is like, the only wacky theory of hers i've found there, compared to... like 50 of them she's had this game probably. these two isos don't feel similar at all
Agree with the idea of this post, I think there's a distinction between Andante first posts here vs HDP - though not sure amount of wacky theories is a key difference.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”