Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 893, UNOwen wrote:
In post 881, VP Baltar wrote: A king should always take their subjects' desires into decision making. It's why we need a to follow my criteria for choosing a king.

I also just think we need something new to move discussion forward and I don't really care if people level zero attack me over it.

Do you have issues with my list generally other than I made it? who on there do you think shouldn't have power and who would you put in their place?
King should take advise of the town, but not be driven by it. Weak kings are the bane of any kingdom. The reason choosing a town king is important is because they will be deciding PRs, which is a great advantage if they can stack the council with town. Moving to a consensus for PRs seems to allow scum an easier route into the council if they miss out on the kingship. And your post didn't really take into account Andres role in the decision at all.

I can't decide my council unless and until I get elected, at which point the game will have presumably changed significantly because it looks like an uphill climb at the moment. I'm not actively distrusting any of GuiltyLion/TSQ/Dannflor/Andres though, so don't have an issue with the list in those terms - with the exception of you, who is suspicious to me.
I had same thoughts.

Fine.
VOTE: UNOwen
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 898, UNOwen wrote:I didn't see VPBs post as helpful suggestions to you - seemed more like he was positioning himself as being part of the decision making.
do you think positioning himself in that way is inherently scummy? I feel town!VPB would want to do that as well
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 900, Enchant wrote: I had same thoughts.

Fine.
VOTE: UNOwen
Yesssss.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I guess I kinda just repeated Andres' question really but it's a good question and you didn't answer it
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 120, VP Baltar wrote:I kind of liked mastina's post, but they're like good and shit
Wait, since when??? :lol:
In post 85, VP Baltar wrote:What up psychos! I'll read this game later, but we all know VOTE: datisi for justice.
Town.
In post 73, UNOwen wrote:
In post 66, JunkoChan wrote:Yeah yeah,I read the post, and I can't find the seven days thing
Did someone ask this is the scum pt and you forgot?
In post 67, JunkoChan wrote:I think we got a candidate for first execution
In post 68, JunkoChan wrote:Ah it does Say seven nvm
This looks like a fake progression to me.
Eh you can be town.
In post 124, VP Baltar wrote:Hi, we haven't played together. Do you usually shitpost as town?
I don't
think
so, but I'm not sure tbh.
In post 84, Datisi wrote:unowen, do you think junko is scum for this?
I do!
In post 114, Dannflor wrote:Mastina why did you call my opening post scum but also discuss me as a potential King target
Oh it's quite simple.

My opening post was made without reading the thread, based off of the experiences I have of players--you're
really
Dann good at a lot of aspects of being town.

And then I saw your posts and realized you're also really really bad at scum since you're basically the most obvscum to have ever obvscummed. :P
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 896, Dannflor wrote:
In post 891, Titus wrote:
In post 887, Dannflor wrote:
In post 886, Titus wrote:It's not a full gamesolve but surface level, really?
idk I think your take on datisi and other slots feels half-baked

I'm not looking for a game solve

it specifically seems like your takes lack depth not breadth
I'm just getting going. When I feel where the pieces are, I'll get stronger reads.

VOTE: Dann

Deliberately tieing the wagons.
do you actually have a read on me
Lean town
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Dannflor »

why do i even try to interact with mastina

pedit: why
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 906, Dannflor wrote:why do i even try to interact with mastina

This is what I am talking about, see? Thinking someone is 'incompetent' simply because they scumread you in hopes that they don't scumread you. It seems to be happening more and more lately.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

that's not what I'm talking about

I'm talking about not being able to talk to her in real time
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 901, GuiltyLion wrote: do you think positioning himself in that way is inherently scummy? I feel town!VPB would want to do that as well
Why advocate Andres to be king if you're going to try to undercut him before he's been crowned? Why not make the case for full democracy then elect the king once that has been agreed? Or why not advocate himself as king if he wants to be in a position of power? It feels underhand and treasonous to me.

Sure maybe VPB would just have this approach as town, I do intend to think more on it. But first reaction is not good.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

I got a hot take, Mastina is scum this game
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

That's her playstyle, for God's sake! Just because everyone dislikes it doesn't mean she is scum!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 132, Thestatusquo wrote:Try not to give me 30 pages to read in the meanwhile.
NARRATOR:
And so, the players decided to give Shea 30 pages to read in the meanwhile.
:P
In post 131, Andante wrote:Datisi/GL/UNO/Dann
There is almost certaintly at least 2 scum in these 4. Just saying.
Well you've definitely got at least one!

I also gutread UNO as scum initially but later things made me think more town.

Datisi is, loosely, looking town to me (albeit not as strongly as I'd prefer; it's explicitly a weak read), so if there's a second in there, it's GL.
In post 149, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 146, JunkoChan wrote:right now I'm feeling Dann and Datisi are okay
What about dann specifically gives you good vibes?
Their chats in the scum PT. :shifty:
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 888, GuiltyLion wrote:The point of that statement is to engage with the people (Dann, myself) suggesting the idea that Andante is possibly town getting TMI'd by scum
Honestly, I think every single person here has called me town,(except dann) and Datisi has explained the TR the most, TSQ and Dwlee have both had moments of defending me/ "yeah she's town" as I would expect from those 2 regardless of alignment, TSQ had a decent defense for me, but like everyone else? its just been "yeah andante town" and now Junko is doing who knows what, like this point Junko is making is so pointless... "why did your reads change after 700 posts" Junko reminds me of a past game where a scum decided to start pushing me cause no one else was, but the push was for very weak reasons..... anyways yeah I'm town :) I just think this whole thing is really weird, I say stuff, but no one is going "there's nothing to that thought!!" cause honestly, I don't think I've played really good thus far, my reads flip so much, I'm not commiting to a king, I don't have a pool of people I'm like "yes! you are king!" yet I can apparently coast by? that's what seriously has me thinking a lot of these "loud voices" are not town, cause if they were they'd be like "hmmm I'm gonna wait till I call her town" cause HDP that everyone keeps bringing up? I started strong, then faded off real fast... LLD literally pointed out that scum would do exactly as I've done... yet no one else even entertained the idea... idk, I just don't have the time currently to figure out what everything means.
In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:but I also like his advocacy for Andres king
^ So did the thought of VP trying to buddy Andres never occur to you? cause that's entirely how I read the VP "campaign" for andres king tbh, like it was so early in the game...
In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:Dwlee: I feel like them jumping on me saying that Junko would not make that argument as scum, and even bringing it up much later again, while also not commenting on the like 4 other people who expressed a similar thought feels like they are not consistently applying reading metrics.
^ This is an interesting take on Dwlee tbh, like to me they were definitely sliding into scum meta, but that pop in to talk was pretty towny, just uhh I wish there was more of that though I'm not certain I'd agree with a tier below the null people... at this point, like if Dwlee is in fact scum, I think this could be TMI that you know dwlee is your partner idk, cause "not consistently applying reading metrics" feels like a really odd reasoning for a read...
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

You know what? If you are gonna harp about how someone is scum just because of their playstyle, then I am out!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 911, Rhaenyra wrote:That's her playstyle, for God's sake! Just because everyone dislikes it doesn't mean she is scum!
where did i say she was scum

I was expressing frustration

god you are frustrating
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

I mean, TSQ even said it's NAI! NAI, not scummy!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I can't wait for 3 days and 20 pages from now when we'll get to read Mastina's reaction to Rhaenyra's campaign on her behalf :P
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 917, GuiltyLion wrote:I can't wait for 3 days and 20 pages from now when we'll get to read Mastina's reaction to Rhaenyra's campaign on her behalf :P
I was thinking exactly this
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 915, Dannflor wrote:
In post 911, Rhaenyra wrote:That's her playstyle, for God's sake! Just because everyone dislikes it doesn't mean she is scum!
where did i say she was scum

I was expressing frustration

god you are frustrating
You implied it. I mean, look at it this way. She scumreads you and then you come into thread disparaging her. Think about how that looks.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Andante »

Honestly, I'm kinda liking mastina right now, she's kinda looking like a really good candidate for the King/Queen title, cause she seems like someone who'd really think out the people she nominates, I'm liking this catch up!! I do have some doubts though, so I'll hold off voting, catch ups like this are just so much easier for scum, like, yeah.. I'll wait for stuff in the present, but like, these 2 posts are literally enough for me to go "yesss!!! mastina the leader!!!"
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 917, GuiltyLion wrote:I can't wait for 3 days and 20 pages from now when we'll get to read Mastina's reaction to Rhaenyra's campaign on her behalf :P
Spoiler alert: She'll think it towny. Chaotically towny, to be sure, but still towny.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 906, Dannflor wrote:why do i even try to interact with mastina

Gamestate and consistency. You're a bit of a lightning rod, which suggests fear.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 920, Andante wrote:Honestly, I'm kinda liking mastina right now, she's kinda looking like a really good candidate for the King/Queen title, cause she seems like someone who'd really think out the people she nominates, I'm liking this catch up!! I do have some doubts though, so I'll hold off voting, catch ups like this are just so much easier for scum, like, yeah.. I'll wait for stuff in the present, but like, these 2 posts are literally enough for me to go "yesss!!! mastina the leader!!!"
I knew at least someone will see it my way. :P
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I just get frustrated when I think of something to ask mastina or tell her that I think will help me sort her and then I realize I'm going to have to wait until I forget the context of the original situation in the first place

mastina might be scum but not for doing what she always does

I don't currently really believe her read on me but I didn't really believe some of her pushes in Datisi's Cafe until later either

so the jury is still out

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”