Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1433, VP Baltar wrote:Datisi and GuiltyLion, would you mind giving me your take on Luke's play this game versus his play in KTANE, and what you see as similar or different as far as motivations? Thanks!
i just went to mostly reread his iso in ktane, and uh i am really not sure what you are actually asking me here. i feel like he's had noticeably more fluffposts and mechposts in ktane than in here. i also feel like he was much less aggressive in that game? like, he had a few scumreads, but it seemed to be much more lowkey, actually most of the alignment comments seem more lowkey. oh, i feel like he had more townreads (outside of readslists), but they were less explained. if i had to assign motivation to this, i'd say ktane-luke was more interested in finding townreads, while this luke is more interested in like, asserting his opinions and getting people to like them

why do you ask about ktane specifically - is there anything you see?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1433, VP Baltar wrote:Datisi and GuiltyLion, would you mind giving me your take on Luke's play this game versus his play in KTANE, and what you see as similar or different as far as motivations? Thanks!
i just went to mostly reread his iso in ktane, and uh i am really not sure what you are actually asking me here. i feel like he's had noticeably more fluffposts and mechposts in ktane than in here. i also feel like he was much less aggressive in that game? like, he had a few scumreads, but it seemed to be much more lowkey, actually most of the alignment comments seem more lowkey. oh, i feel like he had more townreads (outside of readslists), but they were less explained. if i had to assign motivation to this, i'd say ktane-luke was more interested in finding townreads, while this luke is more interested in like, asserting his opinions and getting people to like them

why do you ask about ktane specifically - is there anything you see?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Datisi »

"maybe this time i won't doublepost when i click submit with the mouse" said datisi right before doubleposting after clicking submit with the mouse
In post 1474, Bellaphant wrote:I am not sure on datisi but I think Titus is town.
why did i go from town to not sure, and why is titus town?

[mechposting] also i think it's actually REALLY important that the cop role is town. because, yeah ok we can force scum into giving results. cool beans. but once that scum dies, you know what that means? that literally all of those cop results are meaningless! whereas if a townie gives them out and then dies, we have Actual Cop Results. [/mechposting]
In post 1468, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Junkochan [7]: Firebringer, ProfessorDrapion, Junkochan, Rhaenyra, Enchant, PenguinPower, Unowen
this wagon absolutely creeps me out. i don't trust half of this wagon, and the fact that it sprung up because ??? is worrying. i'll take a short break because i have a headache, but i wanna cross-check junko and baltar's reads and see if there's anything glaring they disagree on.
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1451, Andante wrote:
In post 1445, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1440, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1426, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1425, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1423, Andresvmb wrote:Slight Lean Scum
{UNOwen, Enchant, Titus,
Andante
, Dwlee99, Datisi}
Interesting. Did you explain this earlier? I might have missed it.
Yeah I did - it’s basically a natural extension of .
Can you explain your read in your own words for me? Bullet points are fine.

Why is andante scummy, and bonus Q, why is drapion in your town core?
Andante is Scummy for putting a post out about how they had silenced a different player with their retort and therefore they were Scummy as that player was responding. If I’m Town, and I make a good point that shuts someone down, and that person then avoids the thread for a meaningful period of time, THEN I can see say Andante saying I SR you because I responded to you, you clearly should have reacted to my post as if I’m right it makes you look bad, but you chose not to engage. Because yeah, that’s a bad look and you might have been avoiding to dig a larger hole by not engaging. But Andante just plainly jumped the gun. And I’m SR’ing that. It seemed planned in a way I don’t think Town would.

Drapion isn’t strictly in my Town core, but we’ve actually played a lot together in a different forum, and so far their reactions and push match what I would expect from Town them. If I’m wrong, that’s fine, I will re-evaluate later. But their exchange with Andante and push for Junko are very Town indicative if you ask me.
What even? so that's why I'm all of a sudden a scum read? this is literally the same BS logic yall were using to advocate for Junko king... "Andante obv scum, and that spews junko as town" this is literally an extension of that... I'm just confused what exactly I'm even being SRed for, but honestly? I flat out don't care.
When I was giving this game my all, it was just like "whatever" and now a bunch of yall are like "andante aint town" whatever... can't wait for King!Junko to vig me cause I'm "universal SR" then "omg andante was town???" "andante just sucks, it's ok, junko still lock town!"
Uhm, no this isn’t the reason why I’m TR’ing Junko. The Junko read is separate from your interaction with Drapion. I SR you because you dunked on Drapion in what looked like a premeditated way to me. That has nothing to do with how I’m perceiving Junko. You’ll also notice I expressed that I would be fine with Junko King, but I’m not voting there yet. So you’re fighting a point I’m not making and then threatening to leave.

There’s also no indication whatsoever that Junko would Vig you immediately. I think that is laughable frankly.

@Datisi if you haven’t read my posts carefully, then I suggest you do because this annoyance you seem to be expressing doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t know why you’re surprised that I expect you to read me properly in a game I’ve contributed as much as I have, given our long history. Just because you’ve made mistakes around my slot a few times doesn’t mean you have no idea how to read me (and I personally think you’re generally able to do so - even when you were constantly hunting for me Scum, you didn’t really doubt me up until the game when I actually was Scum, and you were hedging more about my alignment then). And in any event, if you’re saying that you usually Scum read me when I’m Town in the early part of games, then aren’t I just Town here?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1469, Andante wrote:
In post 1466, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1464, Andante wrote:
In post 1461, Dannflor wrote:I still kinda think its Reasonable to scum read Adante, although I'm not feeling that as strongly anymore.
what are the reasons to SR me?
Like, if you're conflicted on your read on me don't you want to ask me stuff to help clarify it? Especially if your mind is changing...
My participation has dropped off? yeah cause this game started on the weekend, I was hyped, then the week happened, and I've been busy, and now I'm like a universal SR to half the people here..

Like the case for Junko!King?
is LITERALLY only cause I'm scum and have spewed Junko as town... that's the case someone made to me last night...

and yall wonder why I'm not gonna invest hours into a reads list right now...
I think people are scum reading you because they think your points are kind of all over the place and random, personally.

More to the point I think people at this stage of the day tend to start thinking about people in tiers and I don't think anything you've done has particularly stood out to me as townie besides the opening day of the game but I feel like you've had a little bit of a hard time maintaining that entrance and in the interim I don't think you've looked particularly interested in figuring out alignments so much as you've been interested in posting random theories and making posts defending yourself.

This isn't a case per se and you're not like a hard scum read for me but I do agree with dannflor that scum reading you is certainly reasonable.
I mean it's like, WHY would I do much? if I know I will never be king and I know no one wants me on the council, like, yall seem to forget that there was so much "andante will never be.... yes she's town, but she will never..." so to me it just defeats the entire purpose of caring about sorting anyone right now, and the fact we're clearing junko cause I'm scum?? like if any of you were in my shoes here (which are town shoes thank you very much) I'm sure yall would also have no motivation to care. cause "yes she is obv town... but will never be king or on the council" like, thanks so much yall! what is there for me to even do then? just vote for a king? yall literally only want my SRs as your king choices, sooo that's one thing, and I can't read people well when I'm under pressure, which I feel like I am with literally everyone calling me scum, so woooo looks like I'm in trouble I guess.

alright whatever, scummy Andante signing off! it is SNOWING outside :)
I have no realistic chance to be King, and in the scenario that Junko is made King, I most probably don’t end up on the Council, and you don’t see me throwing a temper tantrum. If you’re Town, your logic doesn’t hold up. You should want to help regardless of whether you end up with a PR or not. If all you’re doing is angling for power and will not actually help Town if you’re not given said power, then that’s pretty egregious. I don’t know why you think anyone should have sympathy for this argument.

I would also note, I understand that there may be some people (because we’ve played numerous games) that might dunk of me if I’m getting them wrong. You’re definitely not one of them. Just because I’ve seen you form reads in a chaotic way doesn’t mean I won’t SR certain aspects of what you’re doing. Or that I won’t get you wrong. If I harden my position on Datisi as Scum, and they flip town, I admit I’m going to feel embarrassed. You? I mean, no. If I’m misreading Titus for example, that would be par for the course for me. Like I already know not to tryst my read there too hard and to delegate that somewhat.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1476, Datisi wrote:why do you ask about ktane specifically - is there anything you see?
I asked because it was another game where Luke came under scrutiny early in the game (from Bell there), to the point where fireisredsir likely got D1 limmed because of people's issues with Luke. I, as scum in that game, remember being happy about that because they were very misguided attacks. I am pulling from memory a bit, but I think Bell attacked him for not playing to meta or something like that.

I asked you and GL because you had more impartial/uninformed viewpoints on that game than I did. I wanted to know if you saw parallels or not. I've definitely been nodding more to GL's posts this game than Luke's, but I think my last experience with Luke was in Guardians where he was scum trying to be a lot more game controlling.
andante wrote:When I was giving this game my all, it was just like "whatever" and now a bunch of yall are like "andante aint town" whatever... can't wait for King!Junko to vig me cause I'm "universal SR" then "omg andante was town???" "andante just sucks, it's ok, junko still lock town!"
This might be an overreaction. I don't think a lot of people are attacking you. But if you're worried, you can vote me king.
GuiltyLion wrote:I saw VPB request that I do a reread of KTANE where I remember scumreading Luke, I'll try to do that as well as Shakespeare cause I feel like I vaguely remember Luke being Townie in Shakespeare. add it to the pile of meta homework
On the plus side, he wasn't in that game too long. You don't need to do a deep dive, just curious if you see any differences here.
Datisi wrote:sir???
Datisi altering posts again. smh. mod ban.
bella wrote:You seemed like a 'personality' vote, from my understanding.
lol fucking ouch
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1480, VP Baltar wrote:I asked you and GL because you had more impartial/uninformed viewpoints on that game than I did.
i. had an uninformed viewpoint. on ktane. i.
uninformed
. mhm.

that's fine, but i just, idk i don't see that many similarities between the plays in these games? and i really don't think i'm gonna sit down and read d1 of ktane again
~M
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:53 am

Post by JunkoChan »

okay after an unexpected turn of events the wagon on me happened, and I decided to let it breath to see what people tought about it

and oh boy..

is it just me or Andante and Baltar posts changed tone after the wagon on me happened?

I feel like they were playing yu gi oh in the park and then my wagon was like a rain storm or something
In post 1448, VP Baltar wrote:I reread Junko's ISO. Probably town, though it seems like the play is within anyone's scum range too. I don't have Junko meta, so I'm basing this town read solely on "faceless mafia player" instincts. I think my issue with Junko king is they seem to have a bit of a looser understanding of the council, and maybe feel a little yolo to me when it comes to decision time, but I could be slightly biased because they joined in the shitting on me for trying to propose a council , even though Junko had also proposed a council (just without specific positions).

We can do worse than Junko king if that's the way it breaks, but I do think I'd be a better option.
like here, if you actually went through my iso with the intent to read me and not just shade me you would have said something like my council options are questionable or you disagree with them because so far I've said that I can remember now:

Lady Lambdadelta: commander
Firebringer: keeper of coin
Rhea: tracker

which to be honest are up for debate, and are way far from your non-democratic list

where does this "junko's loose understanding of the council" come from by the way? and what's so hard to understand about it?
In post 1451, Andante wrote:
In post 1445, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1440, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1426, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1425, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1423, Andresvmb wrote:Slight Lean Scum
{UNOwen, Enchant, Titus,
Andante
, Dwlee99, Datisi}
Interesting. Did you explain this earlier? I might have missed it.
Yeah I did - it’s basically a natural extension of .
Can you explain your read in your own words for me? Bullet points are fine.

Why is andante scummy, and bonus Q, why is drapion in your town core?
Andante is Scummy for putting a post out about how they had silenced a different player with their retort and therefore they were Scummy as that player was responding. If I’m Town, and I make a good point that shuts someone down, and that person then avoids the thread for a meaningful period of time, THEN I can see say Andante saying I SR you because I responded to you, you clearly should have reacted to my post as if I’m right it makes you look bad, but you chose not to engage. Because yeah, that’s a bad look and you might have been avoiding to dig a larger hole by not engaging. But Andante just plainly jumped the gun. And I’m SR’ing that. It seemed planned in a way I don’t think Town would.

Drapion isn’t strictly in my Town core, but we’ve actually played a lot together in a different forum, and so far their reactions and push match what I would expect from Town them. If I’m wrong, that’s fine, I will re-evaluate later. But their exchange with Andante and push for Junko are very Town indicative if you ask me.
What even? so that's why I'm all of a sudden a scum read? this is literally the same BS logic yall were using to advocate for Junko king... "Andante obv scum, and that spews junko as town" this is literally an extension of that... I'm just confused what exactly I'm even being SRed for, but honestly? I flat out don't care.
When I was giving this game my all, it was just like "whatever" and now a bunch of yall are like "andante aint town" whatever... can't wait for King!Junko to vig me cause I'm "universal SR" then "omg andante was town???" "andante just sucks, it's ok, junko still lock town!"
could you point me where this "half the player list" is scum reading you? because yeah there's some people like me doing it but that's kind of expected in such a big game? and this still feels like an over the top reaction to something that doesn't really matter right now? :?
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1478, Andresvmb wrote:@Datisi if you haven’t read my posts carefully, then I suggest you do because this annoyance you seem to be expressing doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t know why you’re surprised that I expect you to read me properly in a game I’ve contributed as much as I have, given our long history. Just because you’ve made mistakes around my slot a few times doesn’t mean you have no idea how to read me (and I personally think you’re generally able to do so - even when you were constantly hunting for me Scum, you didn’t really doubt me up until the game when I actually was Scum, and you were hedging more about my alignment then). And in any event, if you’re saying that you usually Scum read me when I’m Town in the early part of games, then aren’t I just Town here?
i have not yet read all your posts carefully, no, but i don't see why that is relevant to what we're discussing right now. i called out specifically what my problems were with you in . what is there in that post to "not understand"?

doesn't mean i have no idea how to read you, no. but does it mean that i shouldn't be doubting you at all here?? like you're not a horrible scum player

"if you’re saying that you usually Scum read me when I’m Town in the early part of games, then aren’t I just Town here?" HOW IS THIS RELEVANT TO LITERALLY ANYTHING??? like i am trying to discuss your thoughts on me with you because so mane of them make no fucking sense to me and why are you turning this into a shitty gotcha??? like if i ask "i have a tendency to scumread you as town, why are you expecting me to read you correctly here right away" what am i supposed to take away from "ahaha wouldn't that make me town here then?"
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Datisi »

like this is my issue here

i am feeling like i am saying what my problems with your slot/play are

and you are responding to something that's only tangentially related but doesn't actually answer my question, and in the process tries to frame me as the confused/bad one

and it's like, how are you not just scum here trying to sink my slot? like are you doing it on purpose? are you TRYING to piss me off?
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1482, JunkoChan wrote:like here, if you actually went through my iso with the intent to read me and not just shade me you would have said something like my council options are questionable or you disagree with them because so far I've said that I can remember now:

which to be honest are up for debate, and are way far from your non-democratic list

where does this "junko's loose understanding of the council" come from by the way? and what's so hard to understand about it?
I'm not 100% following what you're saying here. Are you saying I'm shading you? Is that what you took away from my post?

With regards to your council, this is what I took as your council positions (which does not include Rhea)
In post 646, JunkoChan wrote:here is my small town:

Junko the Prinzessin der Verurteilung
Andante
TSQ
Firebringer
Lady Lambdadelta
Dannfloor
Obv you've changed on andante. I don't hate the rest of that list, even if it's not what I would necessarily do completely.

As far as your loose understanding of the council/game mechanics, you've needed help a few times.
In post 62, JunkoChan wrote:@Andante could you point me to where it says we have 7 days yo pick a king?
In post 67, JunkoChan wrote:I think we got a candidate for first execution
In post 68, JunkoChan wrote:Ah it does Say seven nvm
In post 260, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 256, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 252, Andresvmb wrote:The successor should also be picked by popular vote. I mean we can clearly command the King to make logical choices and eliminate any King that goes rogue. Like I wouldn’t just leave every decision to them - that amount of concentrated power is usually a horrible thing in the hands of almost any Town.
Are you bad at math or intentionally dense?

Allow me to do the math for you.

21-> 16:5

15:5
14:5
14:4
13:4
12:4
11:4
11:3
10:3
9:3
8:3
8:2
7:2
6:2
5:2
5:1
4:1
3:1
2:1
2:0

That means, if every king came out and HARD CORE forced an execute, and obv scummed it up while doing it, we would end the game one elimination ahead of a loss, in ELO.

So all any king needs to do is obtain one successful miselimination, say on day 1, pick whoever the fuck they want as their replacement, execute day 2 and the chain begins for a town loss.

It's... possible some of the roles in this game that are obtainable might be able to mitigate this, but given we're seeing role powers be public... and the numbers are as they are, if a scum is king can't they just fill small council with their team to Prevent that?

Like... this game is on a much tighter leash than people realize, I think.
ma lady, king cannot execute 2 days in a row
In post 262, JunkoChan wrote:nvm I see what you mean
In post 662, JunkoChan wrote:you know I was under the wrong assumption that the council was the same thing as the kingsguard,
I think you'd be a more chaotic choice for king, but I think you're town so whatever.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:31 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1485, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1482, JunkoChan wrote:like here, if you actually went through my iso with the intent to read me and not just shade me you would have said something like my council options are questionable or you disagree with them because so far I've said that I can remember now:

I'm not 100% following what you're saying here. Are you saying I'm shading you? Is that what you took away from my post?

With regards to your council, this is what I took as your council positions (which does not include Rhea)
In post 646, JunkoChan wrote:here is my small town:

Junko the Prinzessin der Verurteilung
Andante
TSQ
Firebringer
Lady Lambdadelta
Dannfloor
Obv you've changed on andante. I don't hate the rest of that list, even if it's not what I would necessarily do completely.

As far as your loose understanding of the council/game mechanics, you've needed help a few times.
In post 62, JunkoChan wrote:@Andante could you point me to where it says we have 7 days yo pick a king?
In post 67, JunkoChan wrote:I think we got a candidate for first execution
In post 68, JunkoChan wrote:Ah it does Say seven nvm
In post 260, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 256, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 252, Andresvmb wrote:The successor should also be picked by popular vote. I mean we can clearly command the King to make logical choices and eliminate any King that goes rogue. Like I wouldn’t just leave every decision to them - that amount of concentrated power is usually a horrible thing in the hands of almost any Town.
Are you bad at math or intentionally dense?

Allow me to do the math for you.

21-> 16:5

15:5
14:5
14:4
13:4
12:4
11:4
11:3
10:3
9:3
8:3
8:2
7:2
6:2
5:2
5:1
4:1
3:1
2:1
2:0

That means, if every king came out and HARD CORE forced an execute, and obv scummed it up while doing it, we would end the game one elimination ahead of a loss, in ELO.

So all any king needs to do is obtain one successful miselimination, say on day 1, pick whoever the fuck they want as their replacement, execute day 2 and the chain begins for a town loss.

It's... possible some of the roles in this game that are obtainable might be able to mitigate this, but given we're seeing role powers be public... and the numbers are as they are, if a scum is king can't they just fill small council with their team to Prevent that?

Like... this game is on a much tighter leash than people realize, I think.
ma lady, king cannot execute 2 days in a row
In post 262, JunkoChan wrote:nvm I see what you mean
In post 662, JunkoChan wrote:you know I was under the wrong assumption that the council was the same thing as the kingsguard,
I think you'd be a more chaotic choice for king, but I think you're town so whatever.
1. that's like super early game read, and I goofed I know scratch that, I don't want to remember that
2. I misread Lady Lambdadelta's
math
and almost immediatly after I posted that answer I understood her math which doesn't apply anymore anyway due to our knowledge of the PR's
3. I said that right after the commander position was announced, and by that point none of us knew how that worked, it doesn't mean I didn't understand

But anyway okay, I see what you are saying now and why you would think that
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1484, Datisi wrote:like this is my issue here

and you are responding to something that's only tangentially related but doesn't actually answer my question, and in the process tries to frame me as the confused/bad one

and it's like, how are you not just scum here trying to sink my slot? like are you doing it on purpose? are you TRYING to piss me off?
I don’t buy that you have problems with my slot is what I’m saying. I think you’re being way too nit picky, when I think if you actually read everything I’ve posted, I don’t think you would be trying to get VPB to doubt their view of my slot for example. I’m saying this because of the following: (i) there’s multiple players that when they interact with me, they either implicitly assume I’m Town or have labeled me “LockTown”, including say VPB (obviously), mastina (explicitly), GuiltyLion (explicitly), TSQ (not as strongly), Andante (implicitly in ); (ii) I don’t think I can fool this many players in the game; (iii) I’m being transparent with my thoughts in a way that I know you haven’t seen me do as Scum (and that I wouldn’t do as Scum regardless because it would absolutely bite me in the ass); (iv) and I strongly believe that if you spent time reading my comments in the whole, Town you always finds me Town. Like I don’t think you actually believe that me not finding you Towny when your Town is catastrophic to the point I can’t be Town. Like I think this point is absurd. I have a high degree of confidence in my ability to read you eventually, even if I’m screwing up now. I think it’s an absurd standard if you actually believe I need to get you right with no flips in every game we play.

What have I not answered that you’ve said? Maybe I need to go back and look. And you do know that I don’t have to answer everything right? Like your point about me treating you in an incongruent way. I think you’re just wrong and reading both of my posts makes that obvious, but you also didn’t ask me that (and seemed to be appealing to the rest of the players so I didn’t tackle that). Like I don’t have to rebut everything, particularly if I don’t think you’re treating me all that fairly (which if you’re Scum you won’t do anyway).
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1430, Dannflor wrote:firebringer is there a particular reason you feel especially tryhard this game
im just engaged with the game dude

@bella hey, i want to know more of why u got a townread on me so early. I don't vibe with how u got there. want that explained.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I could potentially be expressing frustration that you’re distrusting me when you actually haven’t spent time reading everything I’ve written when I have not been able to be this detailed in the recent past, but then what you should do is just read all of my posts, and then tell me if you think I’m Scum or not. Like I think I would be fine if you came out and said I’ve ISO’ed Andres, here’s how I’m perceiving all of these posts where he’s commenting on other people’s alignment, here’s how I’m perceiving his mechanical contributions, and I think on the whole he’s Scum. You would be wrong, but I think I would have more patience for that than these nit picky comments about specifically my read of your slot when you haven’t taken the time to read everything else. Like I DID ISO you, I did try and make sense of your alignment by reading every word you wrote, and I did think it tilted towards Town until you insisted on making these comments about how your read of me is bad and don’t hold me accountable. Like no, I’m not buying it. It’s a cop out, and I’m perceiving that it’s strategic - you’re much better off by keeping me as a Lean Scum here so that I’m not fully removed from the POE in a game where so many slots have been able to clearly tell I’m Town.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1487, Andresvmb wrote:

I don’t buy that you have problems with my slot is what I’m saying. I think you’re being way too nit picky, when I think if you actually read everything I’ve posted, I don’t think you would be trying to get VPB to doubt their view of my slot for example. I’m saying this because of the following: (i) there’s multiple players that when they interact with me, they either implicitly assume I’m Town or have labeled me “LockTown”, including say VPB (obviously), mastina (explicitly), GuiltyLion (explicitly), TSQ (not as strongly), Andante (implicitly in ); (ii) I don’t think I can fool this many players in the game; (iii) I’m being transparent with my thoughts in a way that I know you haven’t seen me do as Scum (and that I wouldn’t do as Scum regardless because it would absolutely bite me in the ass); (iv) and I strongly believe that if you spent time reading my comments in the whole, Town you always finds me Town. Like I don’t think you actually believe that me not finding you Towny when your Town is catastrophic to the point I can’t be Town. Like I think this point is absurd. I have a high degree of confidence in my ability to read you eventually, even if I’m screwing up now. I think it’s an absurd standard if you actually believe I need to get you right with no flips in every game we play.

What have I not answered that you’ve said? Maybe I need to go back and look. And you do know that I don’t have to answer everything right? Like your point about me treating you in an incongruent way. I think you’re just wrong and reading both of my posts makes that obvious, but you also didn’t ask me that (and seemed to be appealing to the rest of the players so I didn’t tackle that). Like I don’t have to rebut everything, particularly if I don’t think you’re treating me all that fairly (which if you’re Scum you won’t do anyway).
I really don't like this post.

Like it seems to boil down to "you should town read me because a bunch of other people are doing so" and then the justification for that claim seems to be 'i couldn't fool people like this as scum.'

You can correct me if that isn't actually what you're trying to say here.

I've never played or read any of your games before but you seem like a totally reasonable player, so it's kind of weird to me that you would label your scum game as this weak? Fooling people into thinking you're town is basically level 0 scum play and we're in the middle of pseudo day one where there's no real associations and not really any true wagons in the normal sense so it is therefore the easiest time to do level 0 scum play.

So your argument as i understand is "i am so bad at scum that i couldn't possibly do level 0 scum play at the easiest time to do so." And i... Just have a really hard time seeing a Town player who has as much experience as you seem to making that argument in good faith?

I don't believe you're so bad as scum that your scum play would actually be so completely different from your town play as to be so easily recognizable like you're suggesting in III and to a lesser extent lV.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Datisi »

the problem was never that "you're not finding me town and i'm town, therefore you're scum" and i don't think you *need* to answer everything but you claimed you're confused and i feel like i clearly said what my problems were and

i think i'm gonna drop this for the time being because i don't think we're getting anywhere productive and i don't think anyone else is frankly going to care about this

pedit: okay i'm gonna invoke the appeal to strategy now - this is clearly working very well, yes? the best strategic way of keeping you in the poe, or convincing everyone else to keep you in the poe, is by attacking these very specific points about your read on me and our history and yadda yadda that maybe one person in this game actually has enough experience with both of us to even seriously consider, and that person has already said that he doesn't find these very convincing at all; like do you really think that's something that makes any sense?
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1490, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1487, Andresvmb wrote:

I really don't like this post.

Like it seems to boil down to "you should town read me because a bunch of other people are doing so" and then the justification for that claim seems to be 'i couldn't fool people like this as scum.'

You can correct me if that isn't actually what you're trying to say here.

I've never played or read any of your games before but you seem like a totally reasonable player, so it's kind of weird to me that you would label your scum game as this weak? Fooling people into thinking you're town is basically level 0 scum play and we're in the middle of pseudo day one where there's no real associations and not really any true wagons in the normal sense so it is therefore the easiest time to do level 0 scum play.

So your argument as i understand is "i am so bad at scum that i couldn't possibly do level 0 scum play at the easiest time to do so." And i... Just have a really hard time seeing a Town player who has as much experience as you seem to making that argument in good faith?

I don't believe you're so bad as scum that your scum play would actually be so completely different from your town play as to be so easily recognizable like you're suggesting in III and to a lesser extent lV.
My Scum game isn’t terrible, no. But it actually is, in my view, bad. Certainly worse than my Town play. And I have a real hard time staying engaged as Scum. But look if you don’t believe me then go read other games I’ve played as Scum. And my argument isn’t entirely that I’ve posted a lot so reading me wrong is Scum indicative. Is that Datisi seems intent on Scum Reading me when they haven’t taken the time to argue against say the logic behind some of the reads I’ve shared, and is being very nit picky solely about how I’m perceiving them. If they said look your logic behind your read of VPB is manufactured and convenient, your logic about Firebringer is terrible, you’re not making any sense when arguing with Andante, I think you’re Scum. Sure. I would try and argue about the specific points but I wouldn’t feel frustrated about it. I think Datisi is being selective and I have more faith in their skills than they’re giving themselves credit for.

In any case, it’s fine I mean it doesn’t really matter. I would love to TR Datisi here and work with them. It’s enjoyable. I like seeing their paranoia and they make great points when Town. It’s fun. This, is annoying. I don’t want to SR them. I certainly would prefer if they didn’t SR me wrong. But it is what it is.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:06 am

Post by mastina »

Alright so the good news and the bad news;

The bad news is, I'm behind again and need to catch up. :P

The good news is,
this
time I can also interact in real time, and I'm catching up now!
In post 1052, Thestatusquo wrote:I think you're likely town. I still don't want you to be king. I have some paranoia about how positively you interacted/commented specifically rhea and andante but I'll sort out those feelings later.
To be honest, I'm having a hard time locking Shea down but I
think
that this is town. It randomly feels like it has nuance in a way a scum read wouldn't have, but if you asked me to point out what about it is so, I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly. I realize that TSQ is an incredibly veteran player with a good scumgame, but something about the thought process makes me think "this is a genuine nuanced thought", and not scum faking a thought.
In post 1054, Andresvmb wrote:@mastina I want to trust your reads, but you have 2 Scum when we know there’s 5. So you have way too many TRs.
Sure, but:
In post 1044, mastina wrote:MAYBE TOWN:
{Unowen, Charloux}
{ProfessorDrapion} (
might
deserve to be up with the other two?)

PLACING:
{Thestatusquo} (I honestly don't know, I kinda want to trust the townreads there but I'm having issues really getting a read of my own) {Lady LambdaDelta} (lean town right now)

???
{Titus, PenguinPower}

{Bellaphant}

LEAN SCUM:
{Junkochan}

PLACING BUT LEAN SCUM:
{VP Baltar}

SCUM:
{GuiltyLion}
{Dannflor}
I have four names south of null--VP Baltar is looking more and more scum to me.

I still don't see why people think Junkochan is town, since every post looks like scum to me.

I have three players who I haven't developed any solid read on but lean scum on Bellaphant.

I have two players I was working on placing (tho I lean Shea town now).

My 'maybe town' are weak.

So like.

I don't have too few scum.

I honestly have too many who could be scum.

I need more strong townreads; I'm content with my scumreads.
That's doubly so given the King and Council mechanics, because having a townbloc that has no scum within fill all the positions would legit just win the town the game. I'm fine with my scum pool not containing as many confident scum as there are in the game, it is still a scum pool of an acceptable size. I DO need to get a better townbloc going tho.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1493, mastina wrote:I have four names south of null--VP Baltar is looking more and more scum to me.

I still don't see why people think Junkochan is town, since every post looks like scum to me.
so you think all three (GL, VPB, Junko) of the biggest wagons for King so far are on scum?

do you really think that's likely?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:28 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1060, Andresvmb wrote:I’m asking them to react to my post and tell me why I should have Enchant Town. Why I shouldn’t trust VPB when I’ve just switched my vote to them. Where do they think their blind spots might be.
Enchant is transparently and self-evidently in his town meta. The vibes he is producing but with just the right mixture of subtle reads are promising for him being town.

My blind spots are anyone south of locktown on my readslist. (Okay that said: probably should move Lukewarm up to locktown.) Which is literally sixteen of the players in the game, although that said, I maintain my confidence in my townreads being town, with the exception of Firebringer (because I can't read him worth shit).
So like (including Firebringer), that's 13 players I have as blindspots.

That said I AM quite confident on Dann being scum, so like.
Closer to 12.5.

(Yes that's a lot. There's a reason I said I don't expect to have good read accuracy this game, this playerlist doesn't have many names that I am intimately familiar with.)

As for why VP Baltar: lots of things.
Calling me a good player (he absolutely should not think I am one),
In post 1003, mastina wrote:
In post 361, VP Baltar wrote:I'd probably townbin andante and andres at this point. Dann and datisi are maybe in town lean territory for me. Dwlee I could see as town who hasn't had a real chance to engage yet.
You and mastina are maybe giving me slightly bad vibes, but that could be my internal objections to anyone trying too hard to shape the day.
Off the top of my head, I think I would null pile everyone else.
Okay I can see why LLD thinks Baltar is scum. This post is v easy for scum to make and doesn't look like an actual real town spread, so much as an attempt to make an actual real town spread which is too clean/neat lacking in chaos to actually be true.
Then,
In post 1032, mastina wrote:
In post 574, VP Baltar wrote:I think Rhaenyra is probably scum trying to burn through their posts so they don't have to participate later today. Prove me wrong by not posting.
You might be scum for this viewpoint tho.
The slimey push on Rhaenyra,
In post 912, mastina wrote:
In post 149, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 146, JunkoChan wrote:right now I'm feeling Dann and Datisi are okay
What about dann specifically gives you good vibes?
Their chats in the scum PT. :shifty:
This looks like scum theater,
LLD's read on him with me trusting that LLD is going to have a good read there regardless of her alignment but especially as town,

And in general: nothing VP Baltar has done has looked town to me, outside of a weak random read in the rvs. Since then (and even the rvs content in hindsight given the context of the rest of the game), it has all looked like various shades of scum.
In post 1059, Thestatusquo wrote:If anything the thing that I like the least about mastina's catchup is the projected confidence on the dann and the GL reads. Those are two very good and solid players who to my eyes don't have a lot of obvious tells in my experience playing with them, so the confidence in the reads is I think pretty unfounded.
I have seen Dannflor as town many many times in recent history, and this ain't Dann as town. It simply isn't. Not only his his approach the polar opposite of the signature town-Dannflor I expect, but also he has displayed the very scumtells he was trying to project onto Andante, being guilty of the crime he is pretending someone else committed. That is reason for ANYONE to be scum. He was right about the things he said were scumtells being scumtells, but HE was the one displaying them.

His pushes have all been suspect, and his reads don't flow.

GuiltyLion has done nothing town and it is specifically
because
he is a good solid player that that makes him scum (same for Dann tbh), and he is showing stances that feel like scum trying to influence a game where they have a disadvantageous gamestate rather than town genuinely sorting. His stances feel like they have an agenda, rather than being ones that are made by a town player sorting.

Both are guilty of the "I am determining my read on this player and making the reasons up" mentality, with their reads' justifications being a stretch that doesn't fit.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:34 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1494, GuiltyLion wrote:so you think all three (GL, VPB, Junko) of the biggest wagons for King so far are on scum?
As a matter of fact:

Yes!
In post 1494, GuiltyLion wrote:do you really think that's likely?
Since when are you using Appeal to Popularity (oh is actually called Appeal to Majority) as an argument, rather than pointing out its nature as a fallacy?

A town-GL here would know that just because the wagons have been large, does not mean the wagons are on town.

Scum have incentive to have scum as king, and because scum know who the scum are, they can influence who to vote for King disproportionately highly.

Tell me: how many of the votes on those three names,
Come from names I have in my scumpool?

It's not all of them, but it's enough of the votes that you can't deny scum being likely to have influenced those votes.

Let me ask the question then:
If being town is the most important requirement of all, why is the universal townread Andante not getting more votes?

Andante has stances that are not actually bad. She is a lot more stable than, say, Rhaenyra is, and yet, in spite of that, she is getting no traction. She is town, she has good ability to think rationally, she is not irrational, she can reason with others, be convinced to listen, she has good instincts. She is not competent enough as scum to have this play AS scum.

I can't say the same about notable scum players like VP Baltar who this very much can be the scum play of.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1494, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1493, mastina wrote:I have four names south of null--VP Baltar is looking more and more scum to me.

so you think all three (GL, VPB, Junko) of the biggest wagons for King so far are on scum?

do you really think that's likely?
Can you respond to the question I asked you?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:44 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1063, Thestatusquo wrote:I think they shouldn't have any authority anyway as either alignment because *gestures vaguely at enchants whole gimmick*
Yes, while Enchant is probably town, he's not someone to be King.
In post 1072, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1062, Thestatusquo wrote:Enchant's play this game pretty much exactly matches enchants play in pictures which just finished where enchant was town, so I'm happy enough leaving them alone for now personally.
Enchant's play doesn't seem that townie actually. It's not super engaged in poking people enchant finds scummy in a real way, which they do in my experience.
I can think of one reason why maybe that's the case, but also enchant is better than this as town.
This does not look like a real thought.
In post 1073, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1071, Thestatusquo wrote:Yeah I'm still voting him. I still town read him, I just didnt like that post.
Doesn't seem like it "bothers you a lot" then.
I'm pretty sure a town-VP actually tries to see this thought through, with more pushing at Shea in particular. While he can't vote Shea for elimination, it would still be possible to poke and prod at Shea to get him to actually give more nuanced thoughts--leaving just this comment with no follow-through is scum appearing to be town without actually doing something town. The whole exchange lacks purpose, but is no mere idle thought.

I get that as town not everything you do needs to have followthrough. But VP Baltar
does
follow through, in the extended exchange with Shea, yet in spite of that, this is explicitly doing nothing. It is not sorting Shea. It is not trying to get elaboration. It is just...there, for the sake of being there.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Enchant »

Prostrat:
1. Put town in king
2. He puts scum (i hope) as successor, but makes council somewhat townie
3. When king dies, council just execute new king. Or if said king pretends to be townie and cooperates, he makes another scummy person to be heir, executes another, we vote out third one. Then council overthrows monarhy, killing both king and heir.
4. Repeat for victory.

Questions?
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”