Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4476 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 4474, Bell wrote:Wait if Datisi knew that he'd have to wait a day and the protection is dead, why was he relieved that they chose correctly?
Because he thought people would give him a hard time if his target died?
Eh. Yeah, that seems about right it also forces the scum team to kill him this night phase, which is fine.
Eh, in terms of ploys from possible scum Datisi this isn't terribly subtle.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4477 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4473, Bell wrote:if you were scum here would you be salty at the set up?
Probably? 2 guilties in a row is pretty rough for the scumteam, especially when the second one came about from scum taking care of conftowns which they'd need to do given the number of them.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4478 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm surprised you just don't find a cop,watcher, mason-doctor, universal back up, and role refresher absurd.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4479 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Most of them have to be activated, and the watcher and presumably the cop are heavily gated. Watcher is fairly likely to whiff and cop getting an inno is a lot less impactful than a guilty.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #4480 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:41 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 4469, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4442, Freedom wrote:Ceph.
What is your opinion of Bear's vote on S_S?
i was just waiting for a clarification. i read it as probably a reaction test but wasn't saying so for obvious reasons, but now it's out there so w/e
I see.
That's close to my interpretation and why I was upset with Penguin acting like it was an actual guilty, rather than a possible reaction test or just Bear voting a SR.
In post 4469, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4443, Freedom wrote:Also, what is your opinion of Penguin's ?
It feels a bit odd that his first assumption was that Bear had a guilty when Bear never said that.
In opposition, when Bear pushed Math, he mentioned Math being a guilty.
i figured he was playing along with the reaction test but if he did think it was a guilty for some reason i would not be terribly fussed about it
Why?
I don't get why Penguin would go to such lengths playing along with a reaction test.
His is over the line if he didn't actually believe in the guilty.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4481 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4480, Freedom wrote:His 4460 is over the line if he didn't actually believe in the guilty.
:shrug: okay so maybe he believed it. so what?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4482 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

if anything i expect scum to be paying more attention to the mechanics
Bartleby the Scrivener
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4483 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 4481, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4480, Freedom wrote:His 4460 is over the line if he didn't actually believe in the guilty.
:shrug: okay so maybe he believed it. so what?
He didn't have to post that to get his point across.
He said that I had no brain.
In post 4482, Cephrir wrote:if anything i expect scum to be paying more attention to the mechanics
You're probably right about this.
Scum would probably want to be more careful so they don't stand out.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4484 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4483, Freedom wrote:He said that I had no brain.
I don't understand why you expect me to care about this
Bartleby the Scrivener
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4485 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 4484, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4483, Freedom wrote:He said that I had no brain.
I don't understand why you expect me to care about this
You don't but Penguin didn't have to say it to get his point across if he was just playing along.
It feels like he either overdid his act or actually believed there was a guilty.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4486 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by Cephrir »

let's see, who is in wind clan and can read it to tell me who alisae's partners are.

ah, i see. boy next door and toogeloo.

guess i can throw that line of inquiry straight in the garbage.

i skimmed the first page of alisae's iso. it did not tell me much of anything and i did not enjoy it
Bartleby the Scrivener
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4487 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 4486, Cephrir wrote:let's see, who is in wind clan and can read it to tell me who alisae's partners are.

i skimmed the first page of alisae's iso. it did not tell me much of anything and i did not enjoy it
What was the purpose behind this post?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4488 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2453, Alisae wrote:
In post 2445, catboi wrote:Because otherwise it looks like you're just letting me go off on kittytacky while shit talking me to your clan
I mean...Ya...I've been limiting my engagement with the thread ever since I voted T3, only really engaging with Datisi since that was something I started and only when I felt like I have something to add to thread.

Are you saying like I'm not allowed to observe you doing your thing? I have been for the most part radio silent when it comes to putting out content since I finished my engagements with Datisi. Am I not allowed to take a step back and remove myself from the game? Do I have to post about it like Norwee did to let everyone know that this is something I'm doing? I don't get why you think I have to immediately engage you just because I think you could be a wolf.

And you want to know what I see?
What I see is you making the extra effort to try to push a person I think is probably going to flip town in response to big T3 wagon.
I also see you trying to discredit anyone who claims to have a strong read on T3.

In fact, me writing this out made me ISO you ant ctrl + f T3 and I see you're first read on him lmfao im ded
guy gets his own category
says needs to give player more time
Heck honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see T3 flip wolf and you be aligned with him given your very first read on T3. That's the kind of read I give my wolf buddies who need time to become players but then never eventually play. Put him in wolf pool, fos him, never vote him. It's a fucking tale as old as time.

I wouldn't even say my read on T3 is strong just PoE since it doesn't make any sense for anyone else to be a wolf in wind clan unless it's like Val or something and I'm not buying that.

I also don't get this thing where I have to apparently "read your posts" to have a fos on you.
Like you can say whatever the fuck you want, I'm not going to find you if you're scum because of the things you say.
I am going to find you based on your actions and reads because that's way more worthwhile than the nitty gritty small details of your posts.
In post 2442, catboi wrote:
In post 2361, Alisae wrote:- fwiw, I think his reactions to me trying to cancel him and get people to just not engage with him, honestly, I buy it, I think it's genuine and doesn't come from a wolf.
- I also buy that one post he also made where all of the normal q players have meta on him but no one else here does. That seems more real than him saying he is anxious about going over post cap.

- So what's probably more likely is wolves are jumping to KT like dogs to a bone.
Way more people suspect KT than Norwee and I mean, just look at his posts.
Guy plays like newbtown.
Listening to him explain his reads makes me think he doesn't understand the game at all. This is why I've been saying that his reads are actually just below random. The way he talks about his reads, how he got them, and like, why, is just incredibly weak and makes me think he would actually just be better off RNGing his vote.
None of this is particularly convincing to me, it's just multiple variations on "he seems real" when I've had very specific issues with his posts that I've brought up and you haven't really bothered addressing. I don't buy that the emotionality is something that's unlikely to be faked in this instance.

And how did you go from thinking his posts were basically scum trolling to this? I don't get what flipped you around.
I mean you decided to remove the bit that REALLY gave me pause. Ya know, the bit about how I think all of the people who voted Norwee D1 are probably town and how literally 3 players, mastina, SS, and Kitty, never moved their vote at all during the course of the day? That's the kind of stuff that REALLY made me reconsider along with the other more weaker points and I mentioned this (just the voting stuff) to Titus and she told me to take a step away from the player SO THATS WHAT I DID.

How do I go from this guy is scum trolling/openwolfing to this??? I mean who fucking wouldn't when they get told to reconsider and the nature of the read and the player??? You think I can't at all consider the too wolfy to be a wolf angle and that I should just be locked into this read all day??? That sounds like something scum!Ali would do honestly.
In post 2513, Alisae wrote:
In post 2511, Datisi wrote:"i think you're a wolf and your play has been worse today, so i am going to actively block you from getting the info that you need to solve and play better"

ok alisae, you're not gonna shitpush me from this game
This is...
actually how I think...
as a villager...
and I'm not sure I like it...
MAYBE this isn't aligned with catboi or datisi?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4489 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4487, Freedom wrote:
In post 4486, Cephrir wrote:let's see, who is in wind clan and can read it to tell me who alisae's partners are.

are you of all people really trying to come at me about pointless posts

im showing my thought process because i am town even when it doesnt amount to anything. if you don't like that i do not care

why are you determined to interact with me specifically
Bartleby the Scrivener
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4490 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 4489, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4487, Freedom wrote:

are you of all people really trying to come at me about pointless posts

im showing my thought process because i am town even when it doesnt amount to anything. if you don't like that i do not care

why are you determined to interact with me specifically
I'm not trying to attack you.
I was just wondering why you posted that, given that you didn't seem to like it when I posted my thought proccesses.
As for why I'm determined to interact with you, it's because I wasn't so sure on my read of you before but your latest posts make me think that you're most likely Town.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #4491 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:09 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 4474, Bell wrote:Wait if Datisi knew that he'd have to wait a day and the protection is dead, why was he relieved that they chose correctly?
Eh. Yeah, that seems about right it also forces the scum team to kill him this night phase, which is fine.
i mean i'm relieved that i targeted an investigative that's still alive rather than the one that died. because (1) they're still alive and they can potentially confirm i targeted them, (2) there is always a slim chance they don't actually die immediately and get their shot off.
In post 4476, Bell wrote:
Eh, in terms of ploys from possible scum Datisi this isn't terribly subtle.
i've done wilder shit as scum, sure. but i'm hoping the fact that my role being confirmed (which is an extremely weird role for scum to have) + my interactions with t3 and alisae would be enough for people to sort me correctly.

not sure where the bear has disappeared, though. even if this is a reaction test, it's completely counterproductive; i sure as hell don't feel like actually doing anything until it's resolved.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4492 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Bell »

tbh, not a weird role for scum to have, you can buy good will/time, you can also recharge your buds.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4493 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Bell »

That is an incredibly weird angle for Petapan to take.
You're shit talking about me in your clan chat, how dare you!
See you in the scum pt!
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4494 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:16 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

KEEP CALM AND FIRE SAFETY ON
In post 4405, boy next door wrote:it's a little bit tiresome people are still giving credence to this bear guy but to be completely honest as i said i'm fairly drunk right now it's not the greatest time to ask me about the game and being not on an american timezone the last couple nights have ended without me being able to give the sort of input i'd like to have given which doesn't help
HEY BND POST A READS LIST AND COMMENT ON CURRENT EVENTS
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4495 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Bell »

In post 4492, Bell wrote:tbh, not a weird role for scum to have, you can buy good will/time, you can also recharge your buds.
I'm actually surprised that you didn't think of this. It makes me wonder if you're being disingenuous. Eh, still lower on my list.

It just occurred to me that it's hard with Petapan because they tend to latch on to drama with what they perceive as legitimate grievances as either alignment.
I...am half awake, so I can't remember what the can't be bothered to check sleep now. closing eyes wooo.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4496 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Datisi »

i used it on the cop, bell

the amount of good faith i get from it wouldn't be enough as scum when i used it on the cop
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4497 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Bell »

With no protective and the watcher dead.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4498 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Datisi »

i didn't know we've already massclaimed and it's public knowledge there's no protectives left

especially after the strongman is dead
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4499 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:25 am

Post by Bell »

I've made clear that I think the set up appears unbalanced. And that's without an additional protective.
Albeit there's a lot of risk/reward here for the scum team it's not a bad incentive.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”