Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:46 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 4533, Bell wrote:Well, that's fair.
From my prospective he's literally lying.
From your perspective he's literally lying or you're town and don't know.
What do you think Bear benefits from lying that you're scum if you're actually Town?
I feel conflicted rn because all of a sudden, Bear is now saying in our PT that you and Datisi are scum.
Just a while ago, he had literally encouraged me to give Datisi the ceremony.
This makes no sense for Bear to do this sort of thing as either alignment.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:54 pm

Post by Bell »

If bear is scum he gets a miselimination. But I don't really think it's that one. Or at least, scum usually don't claim cop without prompting. I don't really think I gave much indication I wouldn't be vindictive and demand they die after me for being anti-town. So presumably they'd just take the easy way and just say they need to do the thing. On the other hand I wasn't really in the elimination pool and if they are scum they've put themselves in the awkward place of having to explain why they aren't dead tomorrow with a clear refresh, hurting their credibility like this isn't a terrible plan if you do it right. I really don't think so though, it's a thought if they don't retract.
Otherwise it's just a substitute for "I would like to dictate this elimination because my opinions are the rightest opinions"

I think they just think datisi and I are aligned because I didn't jump onto Datisi and they came up with an alternative thought.
There's also the fact that Datisi hasn't posted about the guilty. Which is slightly odd.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:55 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4544, Bell wrote:You know, S_S's statement there is actually sort of confusing. Because it sort of sounds to me like a joke, but I also know that S_S doesn't really make jokes.
I make jokes sometimes. It wasn't a joke though; Bear has spewed enough bullshit this game that I thought it was likely more bullshit.

However his explanation does make more sense, so now I'm not sure.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:55 pm

Post by Bell »

Freedom appears to be trying to appear guileless. How much mafia have you played?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 4551, Bell wrote:There's also the fact that Datisi hasn't posted about the guilty. Which is slightly odd.
i'm just waiting to see if bear is gonna 100% commit to the guilty so that i can vote him out if we vote you out and you flip green. i don't want "i was actually doing a 5d chess reaction test" claim tomorrow. i have nothing else to say.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by Bell »

Eh, less than 2 games.
Has to be an alt for a theme game unless the rules changed. Never seen someone post like them though. Not really sure what their approach is like.

@Datisi: I kind of thought you were more flexible in your thinking. But I suppose wording it like that has fairly clear, "there be consequences" voice.
But eh. That doesn't communicate much to me. It's straightforward I guess.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by Datisi »

either we get a scumflip in the next two flips, or i can blame the misflips on gamethrowing. not much flexibility needed here right now.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by Bell »

But it kind of reeks of "aha, I know the searchlights have found me! Time to position myself well"

S'wifom. Freedom did it.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by Datisi »

i've been scumread for utter nonsense this whole game, i can stand a bit more
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:13 pm

Post by Bell »

I feel like they committed already. They unambiguously stated they had a guilty on me and their gating of their ability was not that they were a 1-shot.

I'd be pretty busy if I slapped down every ego I saw just to make a point of it. I don't have a very good idea of what they're trying to get from this.
I gave one possible explanation, but usually scum don't think like that.
Then again, I didn't really think Alisae was scum and here we are.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:15 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 4558, Datisi wrote:i've been scumread for utter nonsense this whole game, i can stand a bit more
Not to be infuriating, but I sort of feel like you're posturing. Though, in this case I just pointed out that freedom let slip where the Bear's attention is. This situation is unfamiliar enough that I can't really think of what the right approach for you as scum to do here. Or what town should do here for that matter.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 4558, Datisi wrote:i've been scumread for utter nonsense this whole game, i can stand a bit more
I mean, this is almost always the case and I don't really think I'd notice the difference if someone came by one day with valid ideas.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:26 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 4561, Bell wrote:
I mean, this is almost always the case and I don't really think I'd notice the difference if someone came by one day with valid ideas.
NOTE:
In post 330, Marashu wrote:I'm thinking catboi is town. Bell and Datisi kinda feels like scum theatre (or at least something's off about their interactions). Because of how our PT's been going I've been spending energy trying to parse that.
In post 322, Bell wrote:I'm tunneled on Datisi and they haven't even posted since the last time.

SCRDB goes up a little. with one point of hesitation + unfamiliarity. Consider it an asterisk.
In post 335, Bell wrote:I dunno what your fixation is on clan stuff. But I just scum read Datisi because their approach aligns with what I think of as their scum game.
It honestly seems like you're failing to apply ockham's razor here and making an assumption based on flavor. It's a waste of glucose, but okay.
In post 345, Bell wrote:The important part to them was getting in my face and saying I was wrong in an active manner, rather than seemingly anything else. Because they thought it would look the best.

Then again, my brain is broken
sometimes.
all of the times. Please don't listen to me. Now I'm remembering all of the times I suck and it's really discouraging. Even though, technically I've not misread Datisi yet, but when you think about it, that's like 3 times which isn't credible and also I was a lot more patient there.
In post 433, Bell wrote:No, I’m not referring to an absence of doubt and paranoia.
I mean their posts look like homework. They’re trying to hit what they need to complete the assignment and not a single carbohydrate more.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:30 pm

Post by Datisi »

k
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:34 pm

Post by Bell »

For the most part, I know what I say and think isn't necessarily correct. Funnily enough Datisi just posted through it and it weakened my opinion of them.
Though I can partly blame it on other players that have been emptier. which drew my attention that way.

I really don't interact with my partners very well, so this would be pretty different.
Have you looked through fire's posts about me? They're fairly interesting because I couln't quite fathom what they were trying to do there. Kind of up and down and then once I posted something that could have been construed as effort they town-binned me, before largely insinatuing they suspected me then voted Cephrir instead. It was certainly an interesting approach.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:46 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 4553, Bell wrote:Freedom appears to be trying to appear guileless. How much mafia have you played?
4 games on this account.
Why do you ask?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:50 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm not sure if you're outsourcing reading between the lines to others because you prefer doing that or if you just don't really care what the bear thinks and are just hedging.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 4566, Bell wrote:I'm not sure if you're outsourcing reading between the lines to others because you prefer doing that or if you just don't really care what the bear thinks and are just hedging.
It's the former because I want to see your opinion because due to me sharing a Clan with Bear, I have read more of his thought processes and they feel genuine.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:38 am

Post by Bell »

I think the bear doesn’t know who the scum are and is trying to figure out who the scum are. They’re currently incorrect.
I hope this helps you on your solving journey.
boy next door
boy next door
Townie
boy next door
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:00 am

Post by boy next door »

do you like what you see
♂ Do you like what you see? ♂
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

No
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:36 am

Post by Dannflor »

hi what's going on
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

bear has a guilty on bell but there is debate as to whether or not it is real and I'm waiting for a vc so i don't accidentally hammer.

that's what's going on
<(") | (")>
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 6.3[3]
Something_Smart
: Bell, PenguinPower, flow trap
[2]
Bell
: SCRRRDBEAR, Cephrir
[1]
boy next door
: Freedom
[1]
SCRRRDBEAR
: boy next door

[4]
Not voting
: Datisi, Toogeloo, Dannflor, Something_Smart

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day six ends in (expired on 2022-12-05 16:54:21).

MOD NOTES• have fun!

• let us know if you have any questions, or if something's wrong! i might be busy playing pokemon.

• keep track of your post count!

• currently v/la: toogeloo. if i'm missing one/you're not v/la anymore let me know.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 am