Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Val89 »

Why are we expecting a replacement?

Are people just making the assumption Sco won't respond to the prod?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:45 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Seems like I am just misremembering then if both you and Kitty have the opposite impression of me

But regardless, I think Pooky’s push was the catalyst. If hes scum he used his bear sense to sniff out a viable push there and went for it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean i'm not sure i'm 'expecting' a replacement so much if the options are 'flip the slot now' or 'wait a few hours and if he doesn't show up replace the slot'
i'd rather the latter

pedit yeah i agree that his push was the catalyst for sure
that's why it doesn't make sense as a bus
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:46 am

In post 1725, Val89 wrote:Why are we expecting a replacement?

Are people just making the assumption Sco won't respond to the prod?
Because they have like 3 hours or something to respond to the prod?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

i think he could be scum here tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:57 am

In post 1721, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1668, innocentvillager wrote:If you are town I'm worried it's just a playstyle thing but like it feels like you are trying to manipulate everyone in the palm of hands
this isn't manipulative-pooky and this game is like the antithesis of him trying hard
He tried abnormally hard in the beginning I felt

Now hes kind of whatever i guess sure

Do you think his characterization of his own meta as just a pure memer (for the most part) when scum is reasonable
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:00 am

In post 1720, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1654, innocentvillager wrote:skitter I kind of see what you’re saying ablut how scum doesnt play like this but idk maybe hes just tired of constantly playing scum?

I agree with freedom that i dont expect town to play like this either.

So at this point with the information we have is which is more unlikely?

Stubborn deflated town who’s too lazy and sees no path forward or deflated burnt out wolf?
i mean sure but he doesn't really seem like the type to just 'give up' when the going gets rough, based on the numerous fights he's picked over teh last two days

also, like, if he's scum ... why is the game dead? is he getting bussed? what are scum doing rn ?
He also doesnt seem like the type to give up when the going gets rough as town either but here we are I guess? I thjnk Toto might be right that his flake out is kinda NAI and we should just look at other things to evaluate Scol

I guess scum could be silently bussing him because hes not really townread by anyone and they view him as a lost cause maybe their last hope is one of us questions our sanity and flips on him. Hes gone
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1651, Val89 wrote:when I've pointed out the issues I have with the post being internally inconsistent I've been told
I'm 'expecting too much of a early post'.
In post 1718, skitter30 wrote:i also don't believe i said the bolded, i just think you read it wrong
OK, then how should I have been reading it?
In post 292, skitter30 wrote:I think you're expecting too much out of a post20 post, and i think it's quite reasonable (and good) for ehat we had at the time

Like you're attributing a scummy motivation to something that i think boils down to - he missed the ic post, and found 17/19 more noteworthy to comment on than 7/13
Like you're expectations for what he *should* have been doing at that post are unreasonable imo
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’m silently bussing
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Val89 »

Looking at skitters ISO for that quote has reminded me that at one point, she wanted to wagon KT for changing his read on Sco.
In post 126, skitter30 wrote:Like ig i'm kinda confused how kittytacky can start off liking 20 and then move to disliking it when other people find it scummy without scoliosis posting anything in between
This was all pre-Pooky rep-in.

My point being if you are going to use the origination of the Sco wagon as a vehicle to read Pooky, it would be worth re-reading those early pages, because I don't think either narrative, that KT nor Pooky really got the ball rolling there tells the whole story.

I need to go check if there were indeed "other people" plural who found 20 scummy, or if skitter was just overstating it for the sake of trying to get something moving on KT since I remember feeling like a lone voice but if there were multiple people expressing reservations about Sco prior to KT starting to push there, I don't understand either point of view.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1730, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1721, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1668, innocentvillager wrote:If you are town I'm worried it's just a playstyle thing but like it feels like you are trying to manipulate everyone in the palm of hands
this isn't manipulative-pooky and this game is like the antithesis of him trying hard
He tried abnormally hard in the beginning I felt

Now hes kind of whatever i guess sure

Do you think his characterization of his own meta as just a pure memer (for the most part) when scum is reasonable
i dont' think he's been trying hard really at all in this game
and i think he plays some scum games as a memer and sometimes he's more serious, i think it depends on the game
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1732, Val89 wrote:OK, then how should I have been reading it?
then i misremembered what i said
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1734, Val89 wrote:My point being if you are going to use the origination of the Sco wagon as a vehicle to read Pooky, it would be worth re-reading those early pages, because I don't think either narrative, that KT nor Pooky really got the ball rolling there tells the whole story.
there was a lot of desire to wagon scol prior pooky rep-in

he was not immediately getting flipped tho; i don't think the push on him in the ~200-300's was going to lead to his flip in the immediate future, at that stage of the game

at the same time, i think pooky voting there (coupled with unwnd immediately following the vote), was a catalyst that led to an argument between pooky/scol that led to herta placing an 'e1 or e2' vote a few hours later

i don't think pooky votes there, or starts that argument, if they're buddies
it makes a lot of sense if scol is town, tho, and there were many people focused on the slot already

i don't think it's contradictory at all to think that kitty's push and pooky's push at different stages of the game had different weights and impacts

Spoiler:
In post 459, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:hyyyyyype

VOTE: scol
In post 460, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.06

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-12-06 00:45:52).

yeet
Scoliosis [3]:
KittyTacky, unwnd, PookyTheMagicalBear
Herta [2]:
skitter30, geraintm
geraintm [2]:
innocentvillager, Herta
skitter30 [2]:
Val89, Scoliosis
PookyTheMagicalBear [2]:
Ydrasse, Dannflor
Ydrasse [1]:
Toto

not voting [1]:
Freedom

mod notes~ this is a mod note

flavourImage
In post 508, Herta wrote:Pooky swoops in and takes over

VOTE: scoliosis
In post 509, Herta wrote:That's E-1 or E-2

(scol votes pooky a couple posts after the vc leading to a fight between them that culminates in many people voting scol)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

sorry technically unwnd voted first i think but it was in collusion/with the support of pooky

i still don't know who's scum in that interaction but the posts from 450-460 or so are gross and there's definitely scum in the two of them
Show
Hiatus once more.

Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1736, skitter30 wrote:then i misremembered what i said
Well, did you
mean
to say something different?

I'm just struggling to understand why you went to the trouble to quote and bold that part of the post as if it was something you ought to push back against?

Is that not an opinion you want to be associated with now that Sco is close to going over? My recollection is that 20 being a
good post(tm)
was the genesis of your TR on Sco, and you dismissed my criticism of it as being misguided. That previous post I quoted seems to imply you wanted to wagon KT because they were swayed by my critisim of it as well. 'Val was expecting too much of an early Sco post' seems like an opinion you would remember having in that context.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1737, skitter30 wrote:i don't think it's contradictory at all to think that kitty's push and pooky's push at different stages of the game had different weights and impacts
Is anyone suggesting it is?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1729, skitter30 wrote:i think he could be scum here tho
Just to clarify, he being "pooky"?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

i felt like 1651 was dumbing down my argument into something less nuanced than what i was trying to say at the time, which made me bristle a bit because i don't think that's something i would have tried to argue or say in that way

what i meant 292 more in the sense of:
your expectations for his reasoning on the difference between posts are unreasonably high given the stage of the game, i don't think that he needs to have an explanation for why he commented on one prior post and not the other, and i don't think it's scummy if he doesn't have such an explanation. in post 20 he can choose to have found one or two prior RVS posts notable but not all of them, and that doesn't imply that he's internally inconsistent or making up things

i don't particularly care to rehash our differing interpretations of 20 yet again tho, which is why i kinda left it as is

it isn't something i 'ought' to push back against, it's just more like i don't like how you presented my argument, and you sometimes take things out of context (or draw odd conclusions) which annoys me
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1740, Val89 wrote:
In post 1737, skitter30 wrote:i don't think it's contradictory at all to think that kitty's push and pooky's push at different stages of the game had different weights and impacts
Is anyone suggesting it is?
In post 1734, Val89 wrote:Looking at skitters ISO for that quote has reminded me that at one point, she wanted to wagon KT for changing his read on Sco.
In post 126, skitter30 wrote:Like ig i'm kinda confused how kittytacky can start off liking 20 and then move to disliking it when other people find it scummy without scoliosis posting anything in between
This was all pre-Pooky rep-in.

My point being if you are going to use the origination of the Sco wagon as a vehicle to read Pooky, it would be worth re-reading those early pages, because I don't think either narrative, that KT nor Pooky really got the ball rolling there tells the whole story.

I need to go check if there were indeed "other people" plural who found 20 scummy, or if skitter was just overstating it for the sake of trying to get something moving on KT since I remember feeling like a lone voice but if there were multiple people expressing reservations about Sco prior to KT starting to push there, I don't understand either point of view.
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

the implication in 1734 is p clearly that you think i shouldn't be thinking that pooky was the catalyst of the scol wagon, is it not?

you seem to imply that me thining KT was scummy earlier means that I shouldn't think pooky is resonponsible for the scol wagon?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1741, Val89 wrote:
In post 1729, skitter30 wrote:i think he could be scum here tho
Just to clarify, he being "pooky"?
yes
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1734, Val89 wrote:I need to go check if there were indeed "other people" plural who found 20 scummy, or if skitter was just overstating it for the sake of trying to get something moving on KT since I remember feeling like a lone voice but if there were multiple people expressing reservations about Sco prior to KT starting to push there, I don't understand either point of view.
also you yourself are admitting that you had a similar POV to kitty at this time
what exactly is the criticism with the statement of 'other people' here ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1744, skitter30 wrote:the implication in 1734 is p clearly that you think i shouldn't be thinking that pooky was the catalyst of the scol wagon, is it not?
No, it wasn't you I was thinking about. It was your post about wanting to wagon KT for having changing his read in response to "other people" that reminded me that this:
In post 1719, KittyTacky wrote:I originated the push, not Pooky
Could well be off-base as well. If there
was
multiple people pushing Sco before KT changed their TR on them, then I don't think KTs argument as to why Pooky is town holds any water either. I have felt town vibes from Pooky, but that doesn't seem like a good reason to be doing so.

I've haven't had a chance to look properly if your reference to multiple people is accurate or exaggeration (in my quick scam I saw a post or two from IV that might have indicated they werent buying it either, but I want to sit down and look properly) but if it is, then I have issue with KTs charactisation in 1719.

To be clear, I don't think neither KT nor Pooky are scum, but I also dont think letting TRs based on poor logic or misrecollections go without challenge is in the interest of town when the day could end, and my ability to point out those flaws end with it, at any moment.

Pedit: it's not a critism. I remember feeling like a lone voice in disliking 20, and the responses I remember having were "Vals probably town for having those thoughts, but they aren't good thoughts" and I count you as one of the slots I remember hearing that from, and if I was the only one, and KTs read on Sco was because of something else, then I can understand why KT thinks they way they do and there is a good reason to be thinking Pooky town I might agree with, but if my recollection is wrong and your post is true in that there was multiple slots (that's what "people" means, right?) — and it might be, because it wasn't challenged at the time - then it's a bad reason to be TRing pooky on KTs part.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

people remember different things differently
and tend to be the protagonist in their own story
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

and 1734 definitely seemed like it was directed at me, but fair enuf
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”