Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5325 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 5323, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5318, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5309, Lukewarm wrote:I am really struggling to see how anyone has me anywhere other then their single highest town read right now tbh, so seeing both of you not have me there is pretty shocking ngl
You replaced into a slot that needed rehabilitation and you rehabilitated it but I haven't shaken yet the idea that you were in a spot where you had to do this
Then you and I have wildly different views of the game state, because a Melo with me and junko both alive, needing 1 miselim inside of you or SS to seal out the game seems like it would have been a cake walk of a game lol
i disagree with this but i think that you believe it and i think you're creeping up in my reads lool
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5326 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by the worst »

reverse-reverse-reverse psychology strikes again
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5327 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Anyways, I am largely just spinning my wheels right now waiting for Freedom to check into our shiny new hood to talk about something

(yes the leaders gave me a ceremony despite the convo yesterday lol)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5328 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5323, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5318, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5309, Lukewarm wrote:I am really struggling to see how anyone has me anywhere other then their single highest town read right now tbh, so seeing both of you not have me there is pretty shocking ngl
You replaced into a slot that needed rehabilitation and you rehabilitated it but I haven't shaken yet the idea that you were in a spot where you had to do this
Then you and I have wildly different views of the game state, because a Melo with me and junko both alive, needing 1 miselim inside of you or SS to seal out the game seems like it would have been a cake walk of a game lol
....yeah
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5329 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Duck pockets are comfy
Bartleby the Scrivener
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5330 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by the worst »

money where my mouth is, i guess.

VOTE: furtiveglance

pedit: aw u <3 get in here
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5331 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

So, I guess I won't wait for Freedom to check in, because I was basically asking him for a sanity check on my growing suspicion on Furtive -- and you both just voiced suspicon on him.

I felt like reading furtive and junko, they looked partnered. But I also really felt like reading Norwee and ali in the wind clan looked unpartnered, and I was struggling to figure out which instinct to trust more tbh.

@the Worst, I compiled my thought about the wind clan pt here if you want to see those:
In post 5055, Lukewarm wrote:@Junko, here were my thoughts reading the Norwee / Ali interactions in the windclan
Spoiler:
In post 4810, Lukewarm wrote:I have read the first 2 pages of the windclan PT, and I feel like Alisae is putting a lot of effort into trying to pocket Norwee in those pages. Would be surprised if that was scum theater tbh
In post 4811, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 148, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
So guys, i'm trying to change my font and playstyle for this game. Tell me if you like it. <3
:lol:
For reference, this post from Norwee came from a joke from Aliase in the pt, where she started joking with him about post limits making him have to type essays, him responding, her telling him that typing with comic sans is possibile on the site, him thinking it was funny. Him making this post on the main thread, her joking about it, and her bringing it back up and laughing when Bear voted norwee because of the font.

It was a LOT of banter back and forth.
In post 4812, Lukewarm wrote:I just hit a point where Alisae seems to be trying to gently lead Norwee into a "FA" scum read, like. Trying to make it seem like it was his idea.

I will be baffled if the Norwee slot is scum with Alisae, so gonna put Furtiveglance down as town
In post 4814, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 4810, Lukewarm wrote:I have read the first 2 pages of the windclan PT, and I feel like Alisae is putting a lot of effort into trying to pocket Norwee in those pages. Would be surprised if that was scum theater tbh
I just hit a spot where Val came to this same conclusion, which helps me feel better about my own.
In post 4815, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 4813, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:ON A SIMILAR NOTE, YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT ABOUT ALISAE/NORWEE, HOWEVER, A COUNTERPOINT DOES EXIST ABOUT ALISAE'S SCUM PLAY AND HOOD WIFOM BULLSHIT:
The points you just quoted seem to be based on Mastina's take, when she had not read it herself.

Val is also there saying that it does not look like S/S.

I feel pretty confident in this being a scum/town pocket attempt. Like, the banter started strong, then transitioned into Alisaie trying to nudge Norwee to a miselim. Which I think are the same posts that Val is refering to here
In post 276, Val89 wrote:Those takes were given after Alisea asked Norwee, and only Norwee, very leading questions that amounted to "What is your read on X player based on posts Y and Z", which as you can see from the conclusion given by themselves, focused on a very narrow subset of the player base
In post 4818, Lukewarm wrote:Just hit the point where Shiro weighed in after Val asks if she thinks that it could be scum theater.

Her conclusion is that norwee and alisae are never scum together.

So, if they are then they managed to fool every single townie in this PT lmao
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5332 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by the worst »

mmhm mhm that's really validating because i was kind of wondering about windclan interactions given my fear of scum density in there
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5333 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 5067, JunkoChan wrote:@Lukewarm, thanks I did feel like it was fake interaction, maybe because i'm missing what happened in their hood

(I haven't read my hood btw) that shit is 30 pages long but I'm guessing from expereience that if something iomportant happened there it should be a reference to it in the OT so I'm not reading there for now
did you feel like junko really cared all that much about your response?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5334 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by the worst »

not a loaded question - reading back i don't really have a solid read on junko's tone. how much she cared can be an indicator of being opportunistic or being relieved etc.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5335 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5333, the worst wrote:
In post 5067, JunkoChan wrote:@Lukewarm, thanks I did feel like it was fake interaction, maybe because i'm missing what happened in their hood

(I haven't read my hood btw) that shit is 30 pages long but I'm guessing from expereience that if something iomportant happened there it should be a reference to it in the OT so I'm not reading there for now
did you feel like junko really cared all that much about your response?
Junko's actual reaction to my points were very limited. Just what you pulled there, with the "maybe im missing what happened in the hood" really. What stood out to me, was that she just quietly dropped it, and slid him into her town pile later in .

Which felt off to me. Neither sticking to her guns to keep the read, nor making a point of discussing the fact that the read was changing like she did with Bell.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5336 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

And on the other side, Furtive started pushing for the Dann elim to go through once Freedom and I started voting Junko.

Like he started there as a sheep vote
In post 5122, furtiveglance wrote:I'll vote with Bell for now, I could also vote for Cephrir or even Lukewarm

VOTE: Dannflor
Then after the junko votes started campaigning for it
In post 5195, furtiveglance wrote:Don't vote JunkoChan, vote with us cool people on Dannflor
And that was without having voiced a town read on any of [catboi, flow trap, junko] prior to that.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5337 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by the worst »

yeah. i do think that's within the realm of s/s interactions and is probably slightly more likely to be s/s than what i was considering.

that being saiddddd i don't have many choices other than indulging you, so using freedom as a sanity check is a solid idea. lol.

pedit:
that
is interesting. i was also very wary that catboi hand-waved nor pretty early as "returning player, likely to be less excited if scum" without addressing the fact that nor was clearly having an absolute party itt.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5338 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Spoiler:
In post 5023, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5022, JunkoChan wrote:Lukewarm is town
This needs explaining
In post 5028, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5024, JunkoChan wrote:see 276 alisae (scum) vs val, doesn't read like scum v scum

alisae/norwee feels acted
Quote the interaction then
In post 5029, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5027, JunkoChan wrote:what's your read on luke?
Sus, partly poe
In post 5032, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 276, Val89 wrote:
In post 261, Alisae wrote:He asks Norwee if he feels that he is on the same page I am and here I am going ??? because like what kind of question is that???
Trying to get out in front of it, I see.

I find the timing of Alisae soliciting opinions on my ISO more than a touch suspicious. I did ask Norwee if he agreed he was on the same page as Alisae, given that was the justification Alisea gave for townreading Norwee, indicating that I might be suspicious about that read, and almost immediately Alisea is here in main thread trying to advance a case on me.

For reference, since my clan affiliation has now been disclosed:
In post 226, Alisae wrote:I mean it's mostly just me trying to get him to spew himself to me. I asked him about FA, Charloux, and Datisi and we seemed to reach similar conclusions.
If anything our only disagreement seemed to be on Charloux whom Norwee (understandably) fos' charloux.
Alisea didn't appear to give much of their own opinions, but I take from this that Alisae agreed with Norwee's takes on FA, and Datisi, but not Charloux, and that was enough to give Norwee a townread.

Those takes? That FA seemed pretty townie for calling out Charloux (while Alisea thinks Charloux is townie, since they are disagreeing with Norwees fos there), and Datisi was null.

Those takes were given after Alisea asked Norwee, and only Norwee, very leading questions that amounted to "What is your read on X player based on posts Y and Z", which as you can see from the conclusion given by themselves, focused on a very narrow subset of the player base; and I was very surprised to see Alisea give Norwee a townread on that basis, and I asked Norwee if he thought he was in agreement with Alisea. To be fair, the answer Norwee gave was 'yes', but I made no secret of the fact I had my suspicions there, and to see that quickly manifest in main thread as a case against me is :shifty: to say the least.

VOTE: Alisea
In post 279, Alisae wrote:Advance a case??? ok lmfao VOTE: Val
Rookie scum mistake to overreact to me expression my feelings on a fos.
Like do you self-consciously believe that a case was like coming onto you??? That's what I think is going on in the head of scum!you.
I did not vote you, and I asked Ceph "is this actually scum, or am I just reading everything as scummy"
But I am
advancing a case
on you???

Like, this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Newer player rands wolf.
Newer player starts to feel like they are being suspected
Newer player overeacts and attacks the person in response to suspecting them
The person in return attacks them harder because the newer player is acting unnatural and unreasonably to the attacker.

I will humor you and your concerns though.
In post 276, Val89 wrote:I find the timing of Alisae soliciting opinions on my ISO more than a touch suspicious. I did ask Norwee if he agreed he was on the same page as Alisae, given that was the justification Alisea gave for townreading Norwee, indicating that I might be suspicious about that read, and almost immediately Alisea is here in main thread trying to advance a case on me.
Ur question doesn't do anything. You just don't know what's going on because you haven't worked with Norwee to the extent I have. HE LITERALLY ANSWERED YOU YES.
If we're town we just see the same things. The best part is Norwee saw what I saw in FA's play without even knowing who the person is. That is TOWNIE.

--

In post 276, Val89 wrote:Alisea didn't appear to give much of their own opinions, but I take from this that Alisae agreed with Norwee's takes on FA, and Datisi, but not Charloux, and that was enough to give Norwee a townread.

Those takes? That FA seemed pretty townie for calling out Charloux (while Alisea thinks Charloux is townie, since they are disagreeing with Norwees fos there), and Datisi was null.

Those takes were given after Alisea asked Norwee, and only Norwee, very leading questions that amounted to "What is your read on X player based on posts Y and Z", which as you can see from the conclusion given by themselves, focused on a very narrow subset of the player base; and I was very surprised to see Alisea give Norwee a townread on that basis, and I asked Norwee if he thought he was in agreement with Alisea. To be fair, the answer Norwee gave was 'yes', but I made no secret of the fact I had my suspicions there, and to see that quickly manifest in main thread as a case against me is to say the least.
Why would I give Norwee my own opinions if I am trying to sort his alignment?
I am trying to form a read on Norwee and encourage him to do the work. He expressed he was lost, so I guided him.
The goal was for me to see what conclusions he reaches and how he reaches him.
In post 280, Val89 wrote:
In post 278, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So i don’t believe this was malicious or unwarranted from Alisae.
I don't believe it was malicious either, but having asked those leading questions, for whatever reason, about a very narrow subset of players, and getting some (as I am sure you admit yourself) fairly weak and non-committal stances on 3 players; on which they admit to having disagree with you on 33% of that tiny sample, to say
In post 222, Alisae wrote:Yes he is playing the game and I feel like we are on the same page when it comes to the topics we discussed
is reasoning 'left unexplained' is more generous that I think its deserving. Reasoning is given. It's just obvious crap - and I say again, the timing of Alisea's soliciting opinions on my own ISO in Main thread, directly after I had given an indication I wasn't buying what they were selling in clan chat, is suspicious.
In post 285, Alisae wrote:I would actually like to add to the fact prior to his vote I felt like I saw all of these things and thought “I am scumreading this player for so many things is this guy actually scum?” Because even the list of concerns I told ceph was a bit too much for my tastes

Pedit: because he said he thought I was going to advance a case on him bro. If he is a villager why is he thinking about stuff like that and shouldn’t he just wait until I do form a case on him? If he was villager that seems like that would be the play here but instead he is just coming out of the gate panicked, saying I am going to advance a case on him. It’s fucking weird.
In post 294, Val89 wrote:
In post 288, Alisae wrote:Like idunno I don't get it, if he is town and genuinely thinks I am going to build a case on him, why doesn't he just wait to see how the read develops, or even wait for me to respond to Ceph. It just doesn't add up.
And give up the ability to prosecute someone who is, to me, pretty obvious scum? No thanks.

You seem to be labouring under a misapprehension here. I have you in my sights now.

The beauty or rolling town is that, even if I fail to convince enough of the others that I am the one that goes down today, sheer numbers means my faction can afford my mislim much more than your faction can afford yours. I don't think it'll come to that, but that knowledge is all I need to throw myself in to the crossfire and bring attention to the two of us. You will rue the day you crossed me, she-cat.
this is not S_S
In post 5037, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5036, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5034, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 327, fireisredsir wrote:

im not like super confident on it but i think he feels like town val to me
spewed town
I find this more convincing than your quote post above. Val likes a big spam contest with scumbuddies
But I've seen fireisredsir treat Town like this before

This was the first interaction that caught my eye, because it felt so... toothless.

Like Furtive was throwing a softball at Junko, and then did not really care much about what Junko actually had to say.

Like, 5036 and 5037 are the only real reaction furtive gives to the content of Junko's point (the rest is just vaguely establishing that I am in his POE), and it is so... non-specific. Not sure if its the right word. But, like a response that you could give with out actually reading any of the many posts that Junko pointed to to make her point, and there does not appear to be much by the way of using this interaction to try to form a read on her
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5339 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5337, the worst wrote:that being saiddddd i don't have many choices other than indulging you, so using freedom as a sanity check is a solid idea.
My original thought was that I would talk to Freedom, because he was the person I was most sure is town.

But then both you and ceph voiced suspicion, and one of you had to be town at a minimum. So was hoping to see both of you respond.

(Also, I am incredibly inpatient, and Freedom has not checked in yet lol)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5340 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by the worst »

sigh,.... what if i'm just assuming val is town because i'm a lazy human and i don't want to outguess the one and only alisae.

like, i think freedom is advancing the game in a constructive way, i think.

the world that makes the most sense to me rn is [furtive,junko] and furtive was not banking on needing to solo through 3 miselims
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5341 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by the worst »

gotcha. i'll change my mind at least 180237 times before this game ends, but right now i'm respectably confident that ceph is town fwiw.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5342 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Sadly, you are the other slot that I would consider today.

I did not like Dann's interaction with me Day 6, and over the night I started to think that the Dann slot being non-existent would be a reasonable explanation for why Junko was so defeatist once thread momentum started turning on her. Because, once me and freedom called her scum, she really did just... give up. Which was fairly unexpected given the sheer amount of effort she had been putting into this game prior to that.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5343 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5324, the worst wrote:if i had two bullets right now i guess i'd shoot furtive then myself. or honestly weirdly probably ss. this game is very surreal.
@luke hbu?
So, I guess you and I have the same two targets for those 2 bullets lol
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5344 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by the worst »

ayy fingerguns
my goal is to find a solve that doesn't *necessarily* require me to be alive at endgame (aka. hard mode)

if this is one of those games that town wins by vibing into f3 then voting their townread, it's probably not a game that town will win.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5345 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

*sheeps lukewarm*
Bartleby the Scrivener
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5346 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by the worst »

what ?? i thought i had you pocketed :(
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5347 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

he's so persuasive tho ;_;

VOTE: furtive
Bartleby the Scrivener
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5348 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by the worst »

gosh i know right, luke has this... voice, which is both commanding but also so soothing. i stand no chance.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5349 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:10 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 5036, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5034, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 327, fireisredsir wrote:

im not like super confident on it but i think he feels like town val to me
spewed town
I find this more convincing than your quote post above. Val likes a big spam contest with scumbuddies
@furtive would you mind expanding on this a bit too please? you've got it stuck in my head lol
you seem very comfortable with freedom as well, do you think this is explicitly unlikely to have come from scum!val? bc this seems like it should kind of be a red flag?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”