Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5525 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5522, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5501, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5490, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5483, the worst wrote:i still kinda think, irrespective, we should do SS' warrior ceremony and try to go into d10 f3
Doesn't this require trusting me? You'd have to lim two people who aren't me, and if I'm scum I just win the next night.
I think that he meant kill someone today.

Day 9 is 4 alive, no kill

You try to stop the kill night 9.

If the kill happens, then your target is cleared in 3p elo, you and your non-target cross.

If the kill does not happen, then you and your target cross.

Either way, it results in a clear in (m)elo
what is to stop scum from holstering here
They can. I did not think about it all that closely, because I was just trying to reword what I thought the worst was advocating.

SS's response was to say that [if we would kill today, and tomorrow, and hope he saves the game if we are wrong would instantly lose to scum!ss], and was therefore questioning the worsts suggestion. I was chiming in to say that SS misread the worsts suggestion.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5526 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5519, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5457, the worst wrote:BTW I don't think anyone could have not shot bell last night lol, leaving him alive any longer would point to his reads having mistakes
i concur -- afaik bell never outed how many shots he had, and as a result i think anyone could easily think he might not be limited and feel forced to get him the hell out of here
Bell clearly stated that he was one shot the day that he claimed, you made a few comments about him potentially having more shots the following day, but I chose not to correct you, because it seemed anti-town to clarify
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5527 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4549, Bell wrote:I'm feathertail.
A 1-shot vig.
I'm still an apprentice.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5528 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

fun fact: raccoons cannot read
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5529 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

in fact some have said they do not even understand english!!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5530 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:14 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Ceph, you are doing quite well for yourself if that is true !!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5531 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5511, Lukewarm wrote:Dude, I am literally just trying to figure out your PoE, because I have no idea what you are thinking about this game.

IF you don't want to name 2 names, give me one. Or even just vote. Am asking you questions to get you to play the game that we are playing.
You do have an idea of what I'm thinking-- it's not like I'm sitting on super spicy secret reads and refusing to share them. I don't want to get into trouble grasping at straws that I can't justify. And I'm willing to make an effort, but solving this late is already really hard and the constant replacements make it harder. But it is getting to be holiday season, so I don't really want to comb through posts for hours to get 1% better reads.

My first thought is furtive, because multiple people have pointed out the Ali/Norwee interactions. And I want to say that if the leaders were all town more of them would be dead by now, though scum has spent the last 5? nights killing confirmed townies, so I'm not sure when they really would have had time for that. And I do remember that someone said Ali/Norwee was absolutely not S/S, though I forget who.

I have been perennially conflicted on Ceph. He seems like he's really determined to keep me in the PoE but he's never wanted to really lead the charge against me? I don't know if that's scum indicative but it scares me because I've been thoroughly sick of supposedly being townread and then having that suddenly just vanish and people mislim me without caring at all about what I have to say. This has happened in my last three towngames, and I feel like he's trying to encourage it here. If he's scum I would imagine his plan is to try to lim me in elo/melo.

In fact, I think that's scum's plan, whoever they are. I was already considering suggesting this, but I think it makes even more sense the more I think about it-- I would like people to commit to limming me either today, or not at all. Because scum are going to be incentivized to push on me pretty hard tomorrow, or else they have to effectively dodge an extra lim.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5532 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5531, Something_Smart wrote:And I do remember that someone said Ali/Norwee was absolutely not S/S, though I forget who.
I saw that be said by Val and Shiro. I also said something similar when I first read the windclan pt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5533 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 792, Shiro wrote:
In post 572, mastina wrote:The strength of Alisae's scumread on Val is overblown, in a way that I feel indicates that Val caught Alisae and Norwee's interaction being scum-scum for what it is.
There is absolutly no way Alisae and Norwee interaction were scum-scum
In post 785, Val89 wrote:I'm ruling out a scum Norwee-Alisae pairing
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5534 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4812, Lukewarm wrote:I will be baffled if the Norwee slot is scum with Alisae
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5535 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I can't find anywhere that Titus or Enchant weighed in on the question. I checked to round out the Townies in WindClan, but no joy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5536 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:34 am

With all due respect, if a hood is 3/5 scum (or 3/6 I guess, though most of the interactions happened before Titus joined iirc?), I don't really trust the other 2 townies to be able to correctly read hood interactions.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5537 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5531, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5511, Lukewarm wrote:Dude, I am literally just trying to figure out your PoE, because I have no idea what you are thinking about this game.

IF you don't want to name 2 names, give me one. Or even just vote. Am asking you questions to get you to play the game that we are playing.
You do have an idea of what I'm thinking-- it's not like I'm sitting on super spicy secret reads and refusing to share them. I don't want to get into trouble grasping at straws that I can't justify. And I'm willing to make an effort, but solving this late is already really hard and the constant replacements make it harder. But it is getting to be holiday season, so I don't really want to comb through posts for hours to get 1% better reads.

My first thought is furtive, because multiple people have pointed out the Ali/Norwee interactions. And I want to say that if the leaders were all town more of them would be dead by now, though scum has spent the last 5? nights killing confirmed townies, so I'm not sure when they really would have had time for that. And I do remember that someone said Ali/Norwee was absolutely not S/S, though I forget who.

I have been perennially conflicted on Ceph. He seems like he's really determined to keep me in the PoE but he's never wanted to really lead the charge against me? I don't know if that's scum indicative but it scares me because I've been thoroughly sick of supposedly being townread and then having that suddenly just vanish and people mislim me without caring at all about what I have to say. This has happened in my last three towngames, and I feel like he's trying to encourage it here. If he's scum I would imagine his plan is to try to lim me in elo/melo.

In fact, I think that's scum's plan, whoever they are. I was already considering suggesting this, but I think it makes even more sense the more I think about it-- I would like people to commit to limming me either today, or not at all. Because scum are going to be incentivized to push on me pretty hard tomorrow, or else they have to effectively dodge an extra lim.
Do you have any thoughts about the Dann/worst slot?

That is who I want to kill
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5538 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5536, Something_Smart wrote:With all due respect, if a hood is 3/5 scum (or 3/6 I guess, though most of the interactions happened before Titus joined iirc?), I don't really trust the other 2 townies to be able to correctly read hood interactions.
I did not feel that way about Ali and Shiidaji/T3

But I understand your point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5539 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:42 am

I can definitely see Ali treating T3 way differently from Norwee, if all three of them were partnered and in a hood.

I don't have a good track record of reading Dann or tw. I did feel that tw and I didn't really connect in the hood the way I was hoping when he repped in, partially my fault for not continuing the conversation, but it could be that he was nervous about having a prolonged 1-on-1 interaction with me. Dann I think has been largely meh, I can go read his interactions with catboi in the hood though, because I'd imagine they would try some fancy stuff but I don't really recall that happening?

Dann did share with us, unprompted, that fire was given the warrior ceremony. I don't know that that means anything, but I guess it's a bit weird that he did it out of the blue? (Not even a "do you all think I should share with you who we voted on?")
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5540 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Lukewarm »

My point was not that they were different, but what ever.

For the record, shidaji made 3 total posts in the windclan pt.

So I don't really agree that their existence in the hood actually has any bearing on anyone else's perception on the Norwee/Ali interactions, since they were such a non-presence.

So, while I understand your hesitance to think that townies could sort out theater vs pocket attempts if the hood was potentially 50%+ scum, i don't think that that third member actually matters from my pov having read the pt.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #5541 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 5531, Something_Smart wrote:
Did you not read the worst's strategy?
He literally told scum to NK you by giving you a ceremony today.
He's literally trying to get rid of you while pretending that he doesn't.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #5542 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 5500, the worst wrote:what did i miss?

what are your other reads
You didn't seem to realise S_S claimed Odd-Night when you made that pro-scum strategy.
You literally were telling Town to throw and give scum (from what should be your POV) two free NKs.

For my other reads, I TR Luke because of his play, which feels pro-Town to me.
I think that you're scum who is trying to get rid of S_S while pretending you don't.
Ceph and furtive are null but willing to vote between them if I'm wrong on you.
Especially, furtive because of the possibility that one Leader is scum.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5543 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5542, Freedom wrote:You didn't seem to realise S_S claimed Odd-Night when you made that pro-scum strategy.
You literally were telling Town to throw and give scum (from what should be your POV) two free NKs.
Freedom, I am confused.

Can you say what you the worst suggested, and what makes it pro scum?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5544 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Like, compare it to what I think is the default for how this game will play out if we are wrong today:

We miss today.
You or I will be night killed.
Day 9 No Kill
The other of you or I will die.

3p Elo.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5545 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5531, Something_Smart wrote:But it is getting to be holiday season, so I don't really want to comb through posts for hours to get 1% better reads.
SS, if you don't want to take the time to do back reads, why are you not voting?

Is there something else you are waiting for to vote toDay?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5546 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:35 am

Post by the worst »

In post 5539, Something_Smart wrote:I don't have a good track record of reading Dann or tw. I did feel that tw and I didn't really connect in the hood the way I was hoping when he repped in, partially my fault for not continuing the conversation, but it could be that he was nervous about having a prolonged 1-on-1 interaction with me.
er
you posted like twice
I threw some vca and speculative thoughts out and a couple of questions and you never responded
our disconnect here is not on me - and I'm pretty quick to self criticise.

this is a decent part of why I'm still wary of you btw, going strictly by the thread I think you're usually town, I'm just quite stunned that you didn't put the energy into us clicking.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5547 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:37 am

Post by the worst »

y'all, it's freedom :(
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5548 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:40 am

Post by the worst »

do me a thought exercise and split characters into two categories

- having conversations, digesting information, evaluating reads
- trying to look like they're solving but not really caring about what anyone says

account for burnout
I get 4.5 to 1.5
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5549 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:48 am

In post 5541, Freedom wrote:Did you not read the worst's strategy?
He literally told scum to NK you by giving you a ceremony today.
He's literally trying to get rid of you while pretending that he doesn't.
If scum are going to NK me, it doesn't matter whether I get the ceremony today or tomorrow. If I survive until N9, I'm getting the ceremony regardless, it would be basically a throw not to give it to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”