Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5050 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Roden »

In post 4977, furtiveglance wrote:Roden about to come in and hammer me
I'm not. I'm not shading you with my questions, I'm genuinely trying to understand what you're doing. Idk if you haven't been keeping up with my posts but I've been heavily suspecting Datisi for a few days now, I have way more reason to vote him than you. The only reason I haven't is because I want to be confident with my vote.

Some of the things you've said has given me pause, but at the same time idk what you're doing to further your wincon here if you're scum. It's the same issue I had with Dwlee and why I thought they were probably just town at first.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5051 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

that's a fairly good argument
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5052 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

datisi I know you saw this because you posted in small council. What are your thoughts on this?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5053 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5050, Roden wrote:
I'm not. I'm not shading you with my questions, I'm genuinely trying to understand what you're doing. Idk if you haven't been keeping up with my posts but I've been heavily suspecting Datisi for a few days now, I have way more reason to vote him than you. The only reason I haven't is because I want to be confident with my vote.

Some of the things you've said has given me pause, but at the same time idk what you're doing to further your wincon here if you're scum. It's the same issue I had with Dwlee and why I thought they were probably just town at first.
Can you not see town motivation behind trying to either confirm 3 players or get a mafia out? Neither the Cop nor their 3 green checks have been killed, I don't know if any of them have been targeted. This is suspect. I can't claim to strongly scumread Datisi, I think they're possibly scum by play after their Lukewarm interactions but the strongest argument is the mechanical one.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5054 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Roden »

In post 4976, furtiveglance wrote:I actually think this has been one of my towniest games - I've voted both Mafia, I've challenged multiple times putting my life at risk, I've had controversial opinions, I've been *somewhat* active

Literally don't know what you want from me anymore, unless the meta has gone back to townreading massive wall cases and lists

My other theory is that people on the council tend to trust people on the council, so if you're trusted to be on the council in the first place it just spirals from there and everything gets really stagnant

Either way it's a bummer
This is also just something I agree with, like as a mood. I keep going through bouts of losing interest in this game because it's been pretty clear the default game state wasn't going away i.e. everyone not in power is PoE'd and we're all just counting down the days until we get guillotine'd. From my perspective it feels like we're just fodder until it gets to the point that the council can play in ELO by themselves. It's just not fun, but no one in the PoE wants to do anything about it because of the "anyone but me" mentality.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5055 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Roden »

In post 5053, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5050, Roden wrote:

Can you not see town motivation behind trying to either confirm 3 players or get a mafia out? Neither the Cop nor their 3 green checks have been killed, I don't know if any of them have been targeted. This is suspect. I can't claim to strongly scumread Datisi, I think they're possibly scum by play after their Lukewarm interactions but the strongest argument is the mechanical one.
I made this exact argument a few hours ago. So yes.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5056 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5054, Roden wrote:
In post 4976, furtiveglance wrote:I actually think this has been one of my towniest games - I've voted both Mafia, I've challenged multiple times putting my life at risk, I've had controversial opinions, I've been *somewhat* active

Literally don't know what you want from me anymore, unless the meta has gone back to townreading massive wall cases and lists

My other theory is that people on the council tend to trust people on the council, so if you're trusted to be on the council in the first place it just spirals from there and everything gets really stagnant

Either way it's a bummer
This is also just something I agree with, like as a mood. I keep going through bouts of losing interest in this game because it's been pretty clear the default game state wasn't going away i.e. everyone not in power is PoE'd and we're all just counting down the days until we get guillotine'd. From my perspective it feels like we're just fodder until it gets to the point that the council can play in ELO by themselves. It's just not fun, but no one in the PoE wants to do anything about it because of the "anyone but me" mentality.
I think it's been a new development in this day phase really, with mastina's list mainly what I'm thinking of. Have you seen it before then?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #5057 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5052, Thestatusquo wrote:datisi I know you saw this because you posted in small council. What are your thoughts on this?
how
rude

i have skimmed, and by skimmed i mean *heavily* skimmed. i don't intend to fight my yeet too hard because i understand whoever wants my death is just gonna be parroting the mechanical argument ad nauseam. but i do sense that there is very strong scum motivation to getting me yeeted, and i intend to reread those pushing for it to try to leave y'all in a better position after i die. i will get to doing that in a lil' bit, about to eat dinner
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5058 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:02 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Roden, today would be the day to strike back then.

Datisi is the correct play today, what would it take for you to join me on this wagon?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5059 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:03 am

In post 5057, Datisi wrote:
In post 5052, Thestatusquo wrote:datisi I know you saw this because you posted in small council. What are your thoughts on this?
how
rude

i have skimmed, and by skimmed i mean *heavily* skimmed. i don't intend to fight my yeet too hard because i understand whoever wants my death is just gonna be parroting the mechanical argument ad nauseam. but i do sense that there is very strong scum motivation to getting me yeeted, and i intend to reread those pushing for it to try to leave y'all in a better position after i die. i will get to doing that in a lil' bit, about to eat dinner
Yes I would like your last will and testament in case of you being town for certain.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5060 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 5057, Datisi wrote:
how
rude

What would that strong scum motivation be?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5061 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Datisi »

i was continuously being protected up until last night. scum couldn't kill me. i think it's v obvious i'm town via dayplay, so the only way to score my misyeet is by arguing the mechanics.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5062 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Roden »

In post 5016, Firebringer wrote:still zero scum case on datisi.
Is this such a big ask for someone to provide me a look at datisi posts and tell me the scum motivation going on that i haven't seen.
I want someone to tell me this isn't just a paranoia/mechanic push.

No one is willing to do it. Its just 'this is optimal play'. That aint cutting it for me right now. Can someone scum case datisi
I have been, the majority of it happened on D3.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5063 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5061, Datisi wrote:i was continuously being protected up until last night. scum couldn't kill me. i think it's v obvious i'm town via dayplay, so the only way to score my misyeet is by arguing the mechanics.
if you are town, isn't it actually better for scum to keep you alive because then your clears aren't cleared yet and your misyeet would be guaranteed to come even later when it's forced

misyeeting you now, assuming you are town, just makes the rest of the game harder for scum, right?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5064 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

like if Datisi is town scum definitely want him alive, no? having Titus be conftown cop and the POE (which would be effectively game winning with town!Mastina, town!LLD, town!Titus, likely all-town council, etc) is strictly worse
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5065 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

the only real scum motivation to yeet Datisi here (again assuming he's town) is if it's scum directly on the chopping block instead

I find it odd Datisi suggests his actual misyeet is itself valuable. It's really not because we 100% clear three other townies with his death (if he is town) and make one of them the next cop, that's overall a net negative for scum
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5066 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 5061, Datisi wrote:i was continuously being protected up until last night. scum couldn't kill me. i think it's v obvious i'm town via dayplay, so the only way to score my misyeet is by arguing the mechanics.
So the motivation for scum is to get you in particular yeeted?

Do you actually think you will end game here as town? It's hard for me to believe that you believe that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5067 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

It also ignores that the two people most strongly calling for Datisi lim today are GL who is someone Datisi has been implicitly town reading all game and LLD a person he should know is clear via his own investigations.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5068 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like am I the only person who finds this comment incredibly awkward and forced considering the two specific people who are pushing this narrative? It's like Datisi knows that town!dats would probably not be that upset about being yeeted but had a hard time squaring it with the actual reality of the push which is primarily coming from someone he has a clear on.

I have a hard time really thinking scum!LLD would be pushing for this because contrary to the claim, I don't really see a lot of motivation for scum to get datisi in particular rn, considering the cop role persists. And in a world where datisi is getting shit pushed LLD has to be town?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5069 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Datisi »

i'm p sure i said somewhere that i don't think scum would be driving the wagon first, but be hiding behind the townies that do. i thought it was obvious with me having a clear on lld, too.

you also should know that i sm currently highly doubting my gl townread if you read the council pt; he's the first person i'm looking at
~M
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5070 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Roden »

In post 5056, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5054, Roden wrote:

Either way it's a bummer
I think it's been a new development in this day phase really, with mastina's list mainly what I'm thinking of. Have you seen it before then?
Yeah, I have. It's why my engagement is way up today.
In post 5058, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Roden, today would be the day to strike back then.

Datisi is the correct play today, what would it take for you to join me on this wagon?
I'm just waiting at this point for anyone who's against a Datisi elim to town case him and explain why him, the green checks, and the Doctor aren't dead.

I also really need someone to explain to me like I'm 5 how/why four scum supported Shea as king but then somehow didn't get onto the council in a town!Datisi world.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5071 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:40 am

In post 5068, Thestatusquo wrote:
Like am I the only person who finds this comment incredibly awkward and forced considering the two specific people who are pushing this narrative? It's like Datisi knows that town!dats would probably not be that upset about being yeeted but had a hard time squaring it with the actual reality of the push which is primarily coming from someone he has a clear on.

I have a hard time really thinking scum!LLD would be pushing for this because contrary to the claim, I don't really see a lot of motivation for scum to get datisi in particular rn, considering the cop role persists. And in a world where datisi is getting shit pushed LLD has to be town?
Mmm. This has taken a lot out of me.

I thought throwing my weight around would make me feel normal again but instead I'm twice as anxious as I ever have been.

Still... Recent posting has me even more convinced than ever that this is the path we must take.

Flipping Datisi and playing from there is how we win without pitfall.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5072 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5066, Thestatusquo wrote:Do you actually think you will end game here as town? It's hard for me to believe that you believe that.
i don't think it's impossible. i definitely don't think that whoever is the cop *has* to die

the scum motivation for yeeting me is p clear. scum can't exactly shoot my clears because that makes me look better and keeps allowing me to make checks. i am obviously protected. getting me yeeted, and *then* killing my clears is a much better path
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #5073 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 5068, Thestatusquo wrote:Like am I the only person who finds this comment incredibly awkward and forced considering the two specific people who are pushing this narrative?
i think you are pretty definitely not the only one lol

i think datisi's approach to this since the conversation started a couple days ago has been scummy and that was part of what tipped me over the edge to voting him
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5074 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Datisi »

what was scummy about it?
~M

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”