Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:19 am

Post by absinthe »

Tammy, I don't see that you and Demona went any further with the post I specifically bucketed. Is that exchanged settled or no?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 698, Faker wrote:I should say I don't really townread you, more back to nullish, but we've got time and I still have to engage with what you actually wrote so maybe. It's just good to see you engaging and spitballing and I know you struggle to do that as scum, so it's neat

That was apparent from the …rising.

I do struggle with that as scum, but I can. I don’t think anyone in this game is really adept at seeing what I wrote about people and being able to decipher when the wheels in my brain are actually turning and when I’m just saying shit, so it’s not impossible for me to make those posts.

What is hard for me is scumreading a friend who would expect me to get it right. And I never in a million years tell you that your skitter read is lazy, unless we were scum together. Maybe if skitter and I were partnered but probably not even then.

So you’re heading in the right direction just picking up on my lesser struggles.

~~~

I’ll respond to absinthe in a bit. Think I’m gonna try to finish Christmas shopping so I can get it in the mail.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 700, absinthe wrote:Tammy, I don't see that you and Demona went any further with the post I specifically bucketed. Is that exchanged settled or no?

That was done. Nobody really interacted with that thought much so I figured it was a dumb idea.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Tempest »

*that should say “that was apparent from the …rising. I just wanted to make a joke.”
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:34 am

Post by absinthe »

:/

I'll be in and out today. Yesterday was my big shopping push.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:36 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 702, Tempest wrote:
In post 700, absinthe wrote:Tammy, I don't see that you and Demona went any further with the post I specifically bucketed. Is that exchanged settled or no?

That was done. Nobody really interacted with that thought much so I figured it was a dumb idea.
And that was what I wanted to say about it. Scum CAN be a near or total universal town read and win the keep.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Faker »

Don't worry, I NEVER get universally townread as mafia haha, there's nothing to worry about over in the Keep!
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:41 am

Post by absinthe »

I had a moment of Zen last night and I'm holding onto it.

People who object to me being in the Keep should probably say so.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 705, absinthe wrote:
In post 702, Tempest wrote:

And that was what I wanted to say about it. Scum CAN be a near or total universal town read and win the keep.

Oh yeah, no I know that. I was thinking in the case that we were right on our town reads we stuck there that it would force scum to use one move to put scum in the keep, which would limit what they could do in the night. I was thinking in the best case scenario how can we impact the moves scum make while giving us a better chance of winning the keep.

I realize there’s still a load of wifom involved and our reads can certainly be wrong. I was just thinking along the lines of how can we try to limit what scum can do. Does that make sense? I realize it might also be a dumb idea but I’ve never seen how things play out in this setup so idk
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Faker »

Maybe if I say I anticipate getting swapped out enough scum won't actually do it
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Faker »

I'm mostly just waiting on skitter's thoughts atm for the actual locations before I lock in Keep, will turn on my brain for the actual work soon after I finish watching my Saturday Morning Anime
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:03 am

Post by absinthe »

Tempest wrote: Oh yeah, no I know that. I was thinking in the case that we were right on our town reads we stuck there that it would force scum to use one move to put scum in the keep, which would limit what they could do in the night. I was thinking in the best case scenario how can we impact the moves scum make while giving us a better chance of winning the keep.

I realize there’s still a load of wifom involved and our reads can certainly be wrong. I was just thinking along the lines of how can we try to limit what scum can do. Does that make sense? I realize it might also be a dumb idea but I’ve never seen how things play out in this setup so idk
Heh. I don't know if my previous game turned out to be at all typical. It was a disaster for town, though, and a lot of it came down to the Keep.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 707, absinthe wrote:I had a moment of Zen last night and I'm holding onto it.

People who object to me being in the Keep should probably say so.
If my idea for the keep is bad, then I don’t care where people go or when. Right now I’m at the stage of people should just go where they want to go and we can sort that out tomorrow.

You wAnna go to the keep? Go to the keep.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:22 am

Post by catboi »

In post 677, demona wrote:
In post 656, catboi wrote:If you're scum and trying to put one over on me I hopefully figure it out before then but right now I don't think you'd target the keep if that was your plan.
how likely do you think it is that scum!faker would have actually been targeting the keep rather than counting on me locking in the keep and you all going elsewhere?
I don't really think he would have been anticipating that you would make a particular move or playing around that given everyone had seemingly agreed to take it slow. At any rate, the keep is difficult to win as scum and likely not playing to his strengths by going there. This is all tentative though.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Faker »

What are my strengths here, exactly? You sure you're not just taking my word for it?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Faker »

Every time I ask a question like this

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 1.2
[8]
Not voting
: Faker, skitter30, catboi, Isis, Coral, absinthe, Tempest, Chara

[0] Gumdrop Gate:
[1] Wafer Wall: demona
[0] Krampus Keep

Day one ends in (expired on 2022-12-20 19:59:56).

MOD NOTES• have fun!

• v/la: skitter30, isis, chara[/size]
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Coral »

In post 686, Tempest wrote:I realize that you might not have known demona went to the wall, but I’m curious about your thoughts there. I’m on record as having a town read on demona. It’s the only read I’ve unequivocally stated. I’ve mentioned a suspicion of you. Now I know my reads can change quite a lot, especially overnight, but your thought there that you’d be the decider doesn’t line up with the thoughts I’ve given.
I'm not sure exactly why absinthe didn't clarify this, and focused more on the reads portion, but the way I interpreted the original post was that she was saying that she would be the decider due to being the consensus scumread among the Keep players (scummiest person decides is the standard Keep play). Which I think does line up with what you're saying here.

It feels meaningful, somehow, that absinthe focused on analyzing your reads portion of this rather than clearing up what looks to me like a misunderstanding. But maybe I'm the one misunderstanding something here? :oops:
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Coral »

My location opinions haven't changed, I still like:

Keep: Faker/catboi/absinthe
Wall: demona/Isis/Chara
Gate: skitter/Tempest/Coral

I'm also interested to hear skitter's location thoughts here, which won't be for a few hours yet I suppose.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Coral »

I have a few thoughts that I think would be better shared once we're on day 2. I am somewhat itching to share them but I think it would be harmful to do so now.

That alone is making me want to get to day 2, but I'll try not to be too impatient :?

I think besides that aspect, taking our time here isn't a bad thing.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Faker »

SKITTER SKITTER SKITTER SKITTER SKITTER

TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SKITERRETIKS
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Faker »

SKITTERRETTIKS*
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Faker »

cat can you make sounds like these real fast maybe we can get her to look at her computer on a Saturday
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:39 am

Post by Faker »

I don't want to talk about what I tabbed into a few minutes later while I apparently had Youtube autoplay on

I've made mistakes in this life
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:45 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 717, Coral wrote:
In post 686, Tempest wrote:I realize that you might not have known demona went to the wall, but I’m curious about your thoughts there. I’m on record as having a town read on demona. It’s the only read I’ve unequivocally stated. I’ve mentioned a suspicion of you. Now I know my reads can change quite a lot, especially overnight, but your thought there that you’d be the decider doesn’t line up with the thoughts I’ve given.
I'm not sure exactly why absinthe didn't clarify this, and focused more on the reads portion, but the way I interpreted the original post was that she was saying that she would be the decider due to being the consensus scumread among the Keep players (scummiest person decides is the standard Keep play). Which I think does line up with what you're saying here.

It feels meaningful, somehow, that absinthe focused on analyzing your reads portion of this rather than clearing up what looks to me like a misunderstanding. But maybe I'm the one misunderstanding something here? :oops:
I'm pretty sure I already expressed this thought well before Tempest's post, so that doesn't appear to be what needs clarification.

Return to “Completed Open Games”