Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Faker »

yeah but who was pushing 2 scum on day 1 while a certain tiger was harddefending borkscumfin and shoving a squeaky clean townsperson
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 899, Chara wrote:
In post 883, Faker wrote:I basically had it filed under "To do with Chara/Coral" and when I saw page 5 was Chara/Coral thought that was it, I actually had to hunt for skitter/Coral
what is your approach to reading me anyways, Prism? in this game in particular. i know you didn't come out with anything you felt strongly about one way or the other, but i'm wondering about your methodology, if anything.

pedit: answer this in the morning then, i support sleep.
This is easy. I don't, lmao

I remember vaguely some ideas from the Undertales but the scum ones have said little and the town ones need real progressions to work.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 888, Chara wrote:
In post 884, absinthe wrote:I shouldn't have talked so much about my reads on day one of the first Fortress game.
how were your reads used against you in the first Fortress game? is that why you found yourself shifted by scum?
I think my reads had something to do with being shifted but I believe my reads probably had more to do with me being conftowned at the Gate. I was more suspicious of the town player at the Gate than the scum player on day 1, and my suspicions of scum-catboi increased over day 2, but I don't know what I would have eventually done if we had the chance to solve the Gate.

Our strategy was to solve the Gate last so the conftown player could be there to give input to the other two games.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I'm fine with you in keep i just don't want to end up in gate

I do think you should go with catboi tho
An tbh the idea of farming out my catboi read sounds like an increasingly good idea

Pedit i very distinctly remember having an argument with you abt borkscum that you refused to believe soooo
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Faker »

Eh it's no rush actually, if people want me to lock I will in the morning but I can also wait until closer to deadline/until people have sorted more.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by Faker »

Well now I feel like I have to...
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Tbh i don't think i'm going to make much more progress on reads, i'm kinda fine with starting to put people in minigames
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 903, skitter30 wrote:Pedit i very distinctly remember having an argument with you abt borkscum that you refused to believe soooo
SCHEDULE A DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT IMMEDIATELY

IMMEDIATELY
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by Chara »

does anyone...
want
to go to Gate?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 743, Faker wrote:
In post 739, catboi wrote:
In post 714, Faker wrote:What are my strengths here, exactly? You sure you're not just taking my word for it?
to my mind anyway you'd rather hardpush someone over trying to make yourself look like the towniest town because there's the possibility people get paranoid and don't trust you and then you're hosed
I don't think this is true. I don't really excel at forcing through specific votes, especially lategame: Town players as individuals are too random. There's a reason I forced through Todoroki quickly in D&C. I'm much better at steering a collective, and I'm very good at becoming a universal townread. In that respect, Keep is very well-suited for my scumplay.

The drawbacks of Keep are twofold: 1) Players who know me, like those in this table, can simply make me the voter, and
then
I'm hosed and 2) I flip first most of the time, when I'm better utilized as an excellent clean up hitter with the potential to solo carry the longer the game goes and the more comfortable I get.

I used to prefer flipping first back in my EM days, and haven't gotten a chance to really show off some of that style on MS, but this has been a stylistic adaptation. I didn't have to put a lot of faith in my partners for them to be able to survive 5 minutes if I handed them the game on a silver platter, but that's not true on MS. Almost all of my games are me ultra-town solocarrying.
This raises the same question I asked absinthe about why people are having simultaneous paranoia about being townread and having to vote in keep?
I think you should go to keep and within your own selfmeta if you're town you win there and if you're scum you win there.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Faker »

I did
originally
because being clear sounds fun+is fitting for the Prism Invitational but times change
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 908, Chara wrote:does anyone...
want
to go to Gate?
I do now that it sounds very available since 99.9 repeating percent of my interest is with who I go with
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Isis »

Bring back old Prism I miss her
"Well, I..."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Chara »

Prism come with Isis and i to the Gate
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Faker »

Define old Prism, you want me to play more Replica-esque?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 894, demona wrote:
In post 878, Isis wrote:
In post 728, Coral wrote:
In post 724, absinthe wrote:
In post 717, Coral wrote:
In post 686, Tempest wrote:I realize that you might not have known demona went to the wall, but I’m curious about your thoughts there. I’m on record as having a town read on demona. It’s the only read I’ve unequivocally stated. I’ve mentioned a suspicion of you. Now I know my reads can change quite a lot, especially overnight, but your thought there that you’d be the decider doesn’t line up with the thoughts I’ve given.
I'm not sure exactly why absinthe didn't clarify this, and focused more on the reads portion, but the way I interpreted the original post was that she was saying that she would be the decider due to being the consensus scumread among the Keep players (scummiest person decides is the standard Keep play). Which I think does line up with what you're saying here.

It feels meaningful, somehow, that absinthe focused on analyzing your reads portion of this rather than clearing up what looks to me like a misunderstanding. But maybe I'm the one misunderstanding something here? :oops:
I'm pretty sure I already expressed this thought well before Tempest's post, so that doesn't appear to be what needs clarification.
How do you interpret her saying:

1) she townreads demona
2) she mentioned a suspicion of you
2) therefore, you being the decider doesn't line up with the thoughts she's given

That seems to directly imply that, regardless of her reads and whether she stated them earlier or not, she thinks that her suspicion of you is incompatible with you being the decider, no?
I'm so lost, aren't suspicious people compatible with being deciders
i think coral/tempest were saying

‘why wouldn’t tempest simply be the decider by voting tempest’s townread, demona’

and the answer to that from a town!absinthe perspective would simply be that tempest was not town and therefore would not actually decide that, at which point i would think absinthe would realize tempest was not town and tada!

but from a town!tempest perspective it makes sense for tempest to simply vote for me and win the keep
Scum-tempest holding off voting town-you is 100%. But, I think town-tempest waffling a while once the decision looms is also a possibility. Right or wrong, in a town-tempest situation, I very well might have put a vote down first.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 914, Faker wrote:Define old Prism, you want me to play more Replica-esque?
I want you to come with Chara and I to the gate
"Well, I..."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Faker »

I am hoping to get more analytical at some point, but now that I put most of my machinery into law it's nice to take a break esp. with the two week finals sprint. How my brain works is very similar in both contexts. I'm excited to see how the last semester changes my deepdives, if it does.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by Chara »

let's take a break and have a friendship party in the Gate and eat gumdrops and dance with sugarplum fairies.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Faker »

Mmmmm we'll see how I feel about it in the morning but I do want to play with cat
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Isis »

It is hard to catch all the way up when my girlfriend keeps texting me and she is more important srynotsry I will keep trudging
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 918, Chara wrote:let's take a break and have a friendship party in the Gate and eat gumdrops and dance with sugarplum fairies.
I'm a fairy who is the other fairy
"Well, I..."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Faker »

New idea we quarantine all of the SO-having normies in one place
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 907, Faker wrote:
In post 903, skitter30 wrote:Pedit i very distinctly remember having an argument with you abt borkscum that you refused to believe soooo
SCHEDULE A DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT IMMEDIATELY

IMMEDIATELY
I actually just went back and both of these things happened at different parts of the game lol

My memory of 2181 is apparently day2+, i had completely burned day1 out of my memory

And i did have an argument abt borkscum that u were quite skeptical abt lol
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 922, Faker wrote:New idea we quarantine all of the SO-having normies in one place
It's amazing how much of a normie i am >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”