Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1588, catboi wrote:
In post 1578, Coral wrote:I don't think anyone should be voting any time soon. I don't think it would in any way be pro-town to do so. I don't think you would vote soon as town, even though you said you would.
hahahahaha

What
do
you believe my approach is here as town? I favor a faster resolution because I have all the agency to decide this minigame in my own hands, getting the flips and knowing alignments is valuable, and being indcisive and taking too long is incredibly anti-town. I don't need a week to decide between two players.
Not be entirely unreasonable, I suppose? This all just feels like bluster to me. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to take your time here.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:59 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1600, Coral wrote:
In post 1588, catboi wrote:
In post 1578, Coral wrote:I don't think anyone should be voting any time soon. I don't think it would in any way be pro-town to do so. I don't think you would vote soon as town, even though you said you would.
hahahahaha

What
do
you believe my approach is here as town? I favor a faster resolution because I have all the agency to decide this minigame in my own hands, getting the flips and knowing alignments is valuable, and being indcisive and taking too long is incredibly anti-town. I don't need a week to decide between two players.
Not be entirely unreasonable, I suppose? This all just feels like bluster to me. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to take your time here.
what is "unreasonable" about me voting first???
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Coral »

Wanting to vote first is bordering on reasonable, although still suboptimal and a strange approach. Voting in the next 24 hours or so when you have a lot of threads in the other minigames that you are ostensibly still looking to resolve would be unreasonable.

If you are that convinced skitter is town, a more reasonable approach would be trying to work with her to solve rather than just throwing away the time you have for a chance at proving yourself right. I just cannot reconcile that approach with you being town. It doesn't fit.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:10 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1602, Coral wrote:Wanting to vote first is bordering on reasonable, although still suboptimal and a strange approach. Voting in the next 24 hours or so when you have a lot of threads in the other minigames that you are ostensibly still looking to resolve would be unreasonable.

If you are that convinced skitter is town, a more reasonable approach would be trying to work with her to solve rather than just throwing away the time you have for a chance at proving yourself right. I just cannot reconcile that approach with you being town. It doesn't fit.
What are you even talking about?

I haven't voted yet and my intention is to give people time to state reads etc but I am working to resolve my view of the other games and want to so swiftly. My priority #1 is voting for who I think is correct because this is the one game where I have actual agency and so of course I want to prove myself right, why wouldn't I?

so why the panic?
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1428, catboi wrote:I'm not voting right away, I want people to check in first, but I am likely to vote soon.
In post 1460, catboi wrote:If you think I'm scum, go ahead, pre-flip me, start partner hunting, it's all going to be meaningless very very soon.
My point is that these are bluster. I'm not panicked and I'm not sure what gives you that impression. I just think you're scum who is flailing a bit, and your play doesn't make sense from town.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Faker »

I'm going to stay out of your way for the moment but I'm incredibly annoyed that you're choosing to play the minigame this way.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Faker »

Tempest picking the voter also provides the same EV as having her pick the town, while still giving the players in the game some agency.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:18 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1604, Coral wrote:
In post 1428, catboi wrote:I'm not voting right away, I want people to check in first, but I am likely to vote soon.
In post 1460, catboi wrote:If you think I'm scum, go ahead, pre-flip me, start partner hunting, it's all going to be meaningless very very soon.
My point is that these are bluster. I'm not panicked and I'm not sure what gives you that impression. I just think you're scum who is flailing a bit, and your play doesn't make sense from town.
lol okay, egg will be on your face
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:18 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1605, Faker wrote:I'm going to stay out of your way for the moment but I'm incredibly annoyed that you're choosing to play the minigame this way.
what's annoying about it exactly
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Coral »

Would you like to explain the differences between those quotes and the sentiment you're expressing now, instead of just lolcatting? Why did you react so strongly to me saying that you wanted to vote soon if that was in fact exactly what you said earlier?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:22 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1609, Coral wrote:Would you like to explain the differences between those quotes and the sentiment you're expressing now, instead of just lolcatting? Why did you react so strongly to me saying that you wanted to vote soon if that was in fact exactly what you said earlier?
because you very clearly did not want me to flip and your arguments for me being scum are fucking terrible
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Faker »

I'm skeptical that it is even remotely helpful if you're town, and it certainly isn't helping you if you're mafia.

I don't need to explain what's annoying. You don't need to ask.

Have your time in the sun but I'm washing my hands of it for now, as promised I'll stay out of your way for now.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:25 am

Post by Isis »

Is the EV actually the same if Tempest isn't involved at all? Scum can't favorably or unfavorably vote for scum. Scum can express a preference to vote for themselves but it's symmetric to every townie's identical preference.
Tempest can't corrupt the game I guess it's just a question of what you would want from her? A direction to go or a direction not to go or nothing
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:27 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1611, Faker wrote:I'm skeptical that it is even remotely helpful if you're town, and it certainly isn't helping you if you're mafia.

I don't need to explain what's annoying. You don't need to ask.

Have your time in the sun but I'm washing my hands of it for now, as promised I'll stay out of your way for now.
if I'm scum why do you even care, I'm not beholden to making you not feel annoyed, obviously. I'm town though and you've all but declared me lockscum so I don't actually have reason to care if I'm annoying you, I'm not begging for you to townread me because I literally do not need it

cry more
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:28 am

Post by demona »

In post 1094, Isis wrote:981 seems very inrange for anyone because it's meta pattern recognition. The others are +town content I think.

I really townread demona the most because demona's early play advances a town!demona wincon and only works in a soloQ way for scum!demona and I don't think that's how demona plays scum (and it doesn't work as well that way as it does for just town)
Which is kind of like an expansion of the "demona is centering a town!demona perspective thing" but I there's easier less abrasive things demona could have emulated if scum
^

isis post i was referring to that agrees with coral read then reiterates the town!demona because of approach thing

(which still i don’t really understand how isis thinks it generally takes me time to develop reads as town and i need to be poked but in this case her needing to do so is scum indicative because i also suggested chara vote for isis because i know i am town like i don’t get how these things are in opposition to eachother nor how my matching her expectation of town!me outside of my read of myself(?) is potentially scum indicative

like it altogether just doesn’t really make sense to me and makes me feel like her focus on my approach day one being the main reason i was town may have been to say ah different day no longer town but idk

idk can someone else maybe explain to me if it makes sense to you please)
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:28 am

Post by Faker »

Scum are essentially guaranteed to not vote first in simplified form, making it a 50/50. Hypothetically you can try and get some consensus on both players that the mafia is exactly X and X should vote first, but this is difficult and closer to 3 way.

Tempest selecting voter gives a 33% chance of picking the mafia and winning outright, a 33% chance if she picks town who then votes town.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:34 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1614, demona wrote:
In post 1094, Isis wrote:981 seems very inrange for anyone because it's meta pattern recognition. The others are +town content I think.

I really townread demona the most because demona's early play advances a town!demona wincon and only works in a soloQ way for scum!demona and I don't think that's how demona plays scum (and it doesn't work as well that way as it does for just town)
Which is kind of like an expansion of the "demona is centering a town!demona perspective thing" but I there's easier less abrasive things demona could have emulated if scum
^

isis post i was referring to that agrees with coral read then reiterates the town!demona because of approach thing

(which still i don’t really understand how isis thinks it generally takes me time to develop reads as town and i need to be poked but in this case her needing to do so is scum indicative because i also suggested chara vote for isis because i know i am town like i don’t get how these things are in opposition to eachother nor how my matching her expectation of town!me outside of my read of myself(?) is potentially scum indicative

like it altogether just doesn’t really make sense to me and makes me feel like her focus on my approach day one being the main reason i was town may have been to say ah different day no longer town but idk

idk can someone else maybe explain to me if it makes sense to you please)
I see what you're saying, yes. It does seem to directly go against the point she makes in one of her more recent posts where she now says this is like how you play as scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1357, demona wrote:
In post 1347, Chara wrote:Isis is scum at... i want to say 80% confidence, which for me is very high. this is the outcome i expected if demona wasn't swapped out, though that doesn't mean i'm any more prepared for the next phase.
feel free to vote for isis

i would be super happy to play as confirmed (noone is
really
going to argue that i stayed in the game as a scum to, like, manipulate the other games or whatever, right?)
On reread this is actually p bad imo
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:40 am

Post by catboi »

eh I can see that post coming from either alignment

people get real squirrely about requests to be given hammer when it's really more of a nulltell
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:40 am

Post by demona »

In post 1617, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1347, Chara wrote:Isis is scum at... i want to say 80% confidence, which for me is very high. this is the outcome i expected if demona wasn't swapped out, though that doesn't mean i'm any more prepared for the next phase.

really
going to argue that i stayed in the game as a scum to, like, manipulate the other games or whatever, right?)
it just makes everything less frustrating for me

like you’ve played with me enough to know i don’t exactly react super well to being suspected/pressured et cetera and often end up making a mess of things and to just skip the potential of that altogether would be pretty ideal to me

do you really think that post outweighs everything you were previously townreading me for?

or?

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Faker »

In post 1613, catboi wrote:if I'm scum why do you even care, I'm not beholden to making you not feel annoyed, obviously. I'm town though and you've all but declared me lockscum so I don't actually have reason to care if I'm annoying you, I'm not begging for you to townread me because I literally do not need it

cry more
This post made me sad. I don't think there's anything else to say.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:42 am

Post by Faker »

In post 1617, skitter30 wrote:

really
I disagree, it's basically in line with how demona was talking all of Day 1.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:42 am

Post by demona »

and then all of the towns in the other games are working from the same perspective as me towards solving the wall

and that also seems ideal to me

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:44 am

Post by demona »

In post 1622, demona wrote:and then all of the towns in the other games are working from the same perspective as me towards solving the wall

and that also seems ideal to me
like if keep and gate is resolved in a split and it comes down to wall

and i know who were town in the other games and their thoughts regarding

it just seems like

so much easier to me

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Faker »

I'll be back later but I'm going to step out and get some cold air for now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”